Losing streaks

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Sonny_2013 #1 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 05:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32688 battles
i know this is beating a dead horse here but i cant seem to wrap my head around such things as this....i work so har din game getting better only to have it plummet back down again from sheer stupidity from others...i mean all of a sudden i get to the point of when my winrate is going to boost over that hump then its like....nope....back down ....i play even better than i do when im winning so i dont understand the losing streaks...teh only explanation is people going out of their way to lose...its really sad and patheic i truly think people do it on purpose....well maybe not all but this just doesnt make any sense....how can i be putting up even better numbers but yet my winrate goes down? shows you how useless people are....stupid people ar eimpossible to carry and its impossible to win with people like this....today i had a match where my team was losing 9-1 in the first 3 minutes..it slike dominos...in a tier 8 match myself and one other guy were the only ones above 1k damage. i just odnt get it...theres no rewards for dying early..makes the game really unenjoyable sadly these people are always out here ...no lead is ever safe when the game is like this...off to a 4-1 lead then all of a sudden were losing 9-4....like how does that even happen? i just dont understand why this game is like this or the people out here are.

haxmachine21 #2 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 05:30

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17023 battles
  • [S_T_P] S_T_P
So far, the only thing myself and my friends have noticed is that the only way to really deal with teams nowadays is to platoon, almost whenever you play. That way you know you have AT LEAST 2 other people with you who know what they're doing.

Gothraul #3 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 05:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 3097 battles
  • [J0LLY] J0LLY
Just take a good look at to what is ending up on your teams and you will find that there were loads of 42-45% bots as xvm users tend to play very poorly or suicide when their teams are not very good.

Manimal__ #4 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 05:32

Major

• Players
  • 45490 battles

View Posthaxmachine21, on Aug 01 2020 - 20:30, said:

So far, the only thing myself and my friends have noticed is that the only way to really deal with teams nowadays is to platoon, almost whenever you play. That way you know you have AT LEAST 2 other people with you who know what they're doing.

^ It's not 100% but it does increase your chances for sure.

dagengster #5 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 05:36

Major

• Players
  • 16740 battles
  • [PHASE] PHASE

but....

I just stop playing after loosing 3 games in a row. You get good days and bad days. No point pissing into the wind.

Ridgerunner20 #6 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 07:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15221 battles
Had a day last weekend where I had like 11-12 loses in a row and then like 2 wins. Then I went back to losing. My play style didn't change, I wasn't trying any less harder (I know I'm not a great player). I was just in losing, blowout games (I can't carry 1 vs 12 or 1 vs 10). At that point I just logged off and went and did something more constructive. I'm getting to the point, for whatever the reason (Insert it here), if I'm going to be in a losing streak like that, I'm just going to log off. I play games to have fun and distress. Losing 12 blowout games in a row is not fun. I don't mind losing some battles (Close battles are fun), but when they are blowout losses (2 kills vs 15 kills), then the game isn't fun anymore (At least not to me).

Altwar #7 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 07:45

Major

• Players
  • 61207 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostSonny_2013, on Aug 01 2020 - 20:24, said:

i know this is beating a dead horse here but i cant seem to wrap my head around such things as this....i work so har din game getting better only to have it plummet back down again from sheer stupidity from others.

OP, I find it rather amusing in that your avatar says "no excuses" and yet here you are, blaming others several times as an excuse for losing.  :sceptic:

That aside, if you are playing even better in a losing effort than you are in a winning one, examine why this is.   Are you sitting back while the battle is going on and just get "mop up" damage/kills when the battle is nearly decided and the opponents are closing in on you?  Or is it a particular vehicle or vehicles that you are doing well with but aren't coming up with wins?   Don't worry about what your teammates are or aren't doing because you can't control that.  You only control your vehicle and your efforts so probably a little self-examination is due and reflect on what you can do to improve and become more consistent so that win or loss, you have a solid effort that gives your team a chance to win.

Pipinghot #8 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 09:10

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostSonny_2013, on Aug 01 2020 - 23:24, said:

teh only explanation is people going out of their way to lose...

Obviously you're just saying crazy stuff because you're mad and ranting. If you decide that you actually want to learn feel free to ask reasonable questions and people will be happy to help you.

Porter_is_Life #9 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 11:07

Private

• -Players-
  • 311 battles
  • [GBR] GBR
I know how you feel. I am convinced that there is something in the matchmaking that has an impact on these streaks. It seems to change daily, I had one day in t34s and went 10 wins out of 15 matches. The next day I lost 15 in a row in it. I know it is a small sample size and all that but I swear there are days were the MM just won't let you win no matter what you do.

Wolfdingo #10 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 11:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 111772 battles

Losing streak in World of Tanks hmm. Well I got nothing better to do. They are caused by that magic formula WG clamors about. For example you activate one of those bonuses. You will lose a majority of your games. Your just about to finnish a tank and move to the next you will lose a majority of your games. If your about to get the last 5% on your skills you will lose a majority of your games. If a certain tank you are really good in your battles become harder and harder to win! BASICALLY THE FORMULA IS DESIGNED TO GET YOU TO SPEND MONEY! They do this by buying a premium account, buying a premium tank. YOU WANT A FAIR GAME THEN GET RID OF XVM AND REVAMP MATCH MAKER!

Wolfdingo #11 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 12:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 111772 battles

View PostManimal__, on Aug 01 2020 - 23:32, said:

^ It's not 100% but it does increase your chances for sure.

Got to love that chance to win 8%. So how do you play your game when you see that? GET RID OF XVM!

TankFullOfBourbon #12 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 13:01

Major

• Players
  • 33210 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

Everyone has losing streaks but there are ways of breaking bad patterns before it goes too far. Notice the signs early and make necessary adjustments:

• If you are playing bad: Analyse why you are having poor games and adjust accordingly. Stay alive longer. Don't rush forward. Don't be too passive. Don't bush camp. Etc
  • If your teams are bad but you are doing well: change tank, tank type and tier and play in a different vertical.

I never allow more than 5 losses in a row. I will change tank after 3 losses and either stop playing for a while at 5 losses or make a radical change. A radical change is to play a totally different tank at a totally different tier. A go-to/feel-good tank can be optimal in these cases. For me it used to be the M4 Sherman with the derp gun or the Hetzer with the derp. Sometime, and that is really only rarely, I'll pick up my rabbit (Lefevre 18B2) arty and be a destructive s.o.b. for a couple of games.

If you use XVM, stop using it if all you use it for is to blame other players or assume losses before game is starting. XVM is a non-essential tool and for a majority of all players it does more harm than good. 

Smooky_Le_chien_husky #13 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 13:15

Captain

• Players
  • 26568 battles
  • [LMFR] LMFR
Each match the game are spam a lot of special ammo  . us  armoured tank  are useless  and the game are unbalanced us team play normal and red team are 12 player only shoot special ammo and my team 3 are shoot special ammo . i found that many time for each game start . Shrug people not work as team anymore are only shoot premium ammunition just for do dmg

Sgt__Guffy #14 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 13:21

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5527 battles

View PostSonny_2013, on Aug 01 2020 - 22:24, said:

i know this is beating a dead horse here but i cant seem to wrap my head around such things as this....i work so har din game getting better only to have it plummet back down again from sheer stupidity from others...i mean all of a sudden i get to the point of when my winrate is going to boost over that hump then its like....nope....back down ....i play even better than i do when im winning so i dont understand the losing streaks...teh only explanation is people going out of their way to lose...its really sad and patheic i truly think people do it on purpose....well maybe not all but this just doesnt make any sense....how can i be putting up even better numbers but yet my winrate goes down? shows you how useless people are....stupid people ar eimpossible to carry and its impossible to win with people like this....today i had a match where my team was losing 9-1 in the first 3 minutes..it slike dominos...in a tier 8 match myself and one other guy were the only ones above 1k damage. i just odnt get it...theres no rewards for dying early..makes the game really unenjoyable sadly these people are always out here ...no lead is ever safe when the game is like this...off to a 4-1 lead then all of a sudden were losing 9-4....like how does that even happen? i just dont understand why this game is like this or the people out here are.

I've seen a lot of these type of posts over the years I've been on the forums.It is inevitable the original poster will attract the "git gud" critics, but even good players have bad streaks where nothing goes right. The fact is there is little you can do about it. Unless you are a good player and can carry, you are team dependent and there is little you can do, apart from doing your best and try to do as much damage as you can before you die! 

I have no idea what experience the poster has, but often players race up the tiers, or buy premium tanks and are simply out of their depth. It could be argued  the standard of game play is awful at all tiers, but at least in the lower tiers you may get away with making one or two mistakes and may be able to survive long enough to make a meaningful contribution to the battle. 

If you are on a losing streak that is making you uncomfortable and you are not enjoying the game then log off and find something else to do. I find watching You Tube contributors equally entertaining and you might learn something!

Try to have fun,

KV2!!

Guffy.

Markd73 #15 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 18:31

Major

• Players
  • 34907 battles

View PostSonny_2013, on Aug 02 2020 - 04:24, said:

Over the last 7 days

1) Your average tier is 7.84 vs your overall of 7.32

2) Your average damage is 1031.93 vs your overall of 901.53

3) Your survival rate is 21.88% vs your overall of 24.4%

4) Your wins are 45% vs your overall of 48.46%

5) Your detected is 1.16 vs your overall of 0.88

Based on the raw data above I would say that you are being being more aggressive (detected 1.16) than normal in a higher tier (7.84). While you are doing ok in damage, you are obviously dying too soon (21.88% survival) and removing your gun from the end game. After looking at your winrate for your patriot over 7 days of 44.57% which accounts for 57.5% of your battles then I would suggest that you are going a little yolo in the patriot and getting worthless damage and/or dying too fast.

Source

https://wotlabs.net/na/player/Sonny_2013

Manimal__ #16 Posted Aug 03 2020 - 18:09

Major

• Players
  • 45490 battles

View PostWolfdingo, on Aug 02 2020 - 03:04, said:

Got to love that chance to win 8%. So how do you play your game when you see that? GET RID OF XVM!

I have XVM and my WR is better than yours so it's not XVM that is the problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users