Did they finally break it? The game that is...

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

BoghieWanKanobie #21 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 19:21

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10194 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postgmotoman, on Aug 02 2020 - 12:08, said:

Call it probing it still sound like everyone will just move to lights for the speed.   I didn't put all your post here in the quote.  But what you describe on the maps you referenced especially Prok a square map with built in corridor shooting, there is no reason to play a medium or TD.   Seems like slug it out as a heavy or else go hunt in a light.   I'll give it the "WAIT & SEE".  I am excited to see what the new equipment will do, even though I wasn't thrilled with the change.

If a Unicum wants to run CVE and a Muffler than that tank has no gun handling equipment.  As 4Tankers stated, such a buildout may be valid in a pure passive scout LT with a horrid gun, but most LTs have to be able to shoot.

There really isn't a reason to play a medium or heavy at either B2 or J2 on Prok.  Maybe an initial position at B2/J2 makes sense, followed fairly soon by advancing to contact.  But, that doesn't happen in NA.  A huge percentage of the time those players are just passives who sitzkrieg it till their team wins or they die.  This is actually why I would be careful about purchasing the CVS.  Why purchase that, install it, and gimp your gun handling only to find that NA players simply do not use the vision you provide.  They just sit a B2/J2 waiting for the game to end one way or another.  A good TD player (or MT, HT) would advance to contact like QBs team did.  A bad TD player (or MT. HT) would camp it like QBs opposition did.  That is unlikely to change with the change of equipment.

That is actually why the better players will probably pick the Muffler.  They can count on themselves, they cannot count on the passives.

gmotoman #22 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 19:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 36172 battles

View PostBoghieWanKanobie, on Aug 02 2020 - 19:21, said:

If a Unicum wants to run CVE and a Muffler than that tank has no gun handling equipment.  As 4Tankers stated, such a buildout may be valid in a pure passive scout LT with a horrid gun, but most LTs have to be able to shoot.

There really isn't a reason to play a medium or heavy at either B2 or J2 on Prok.  Maybe an initial position at B2/J2 makes sense, followed fairly soon by advancing to contact.  But, that doesn't happen in NA.  A huge percentage of the time those players are just passives who sitzkrieg it till their team wins or they die.  This is actually why I would be careful about purchasing the CVS.  Why purchase that, install it, and gimp your gun handling only to find that NA players simply do not use the vision you provide.  They just sit a B2/J2 waiting for the game to end one way or another.  A good TD player (or MT, HT) would advance to contact like QBs team did.  A bad TD player (or MT. HT) would camp it like QBs opposition did.  That is unlikely to change with the change of equipment.

That is actually why the better players will probably pick the Muffler.  They can count on themselves, they cannot count on the passives.

Ok fair enough, but I think, and just my .02, you're giving the player base way to much objectivity.   My impression is between the new changes, a players' need to experiment, and the lack of understanding displayed on the forums about the change is going to lead to some really crazy stuff.  At least in the beginning.

AllieOop2 #23 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 19:47

Major

• -Players-
  • 20 battles
Sorry I will take my cue from the Unicums and not a sub 50%er. Not being a [edited]or I maybe, but I learned long ago advice from the sub 50% crowd and even the 50% to 54% may be slightly flawed. I have seen very few really good players say that the CVS isnt as game breaking as it gets being able to spot thru five bushes a tank not firing and not moving at 500+ seems to be a bit over the top.

RHeadshot #24 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 20:01

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9701 battles

View PostBoghieWanKanobie, on Aug 02 2020 - 17:57, said:

No, but they want to give LTs a reason for being.

Everybody is whining that MTs have the same VR as LTs and therefore LTs are useless.  Well, now the LTs get buffs if they place scouting equipment in a scout slot.  OPs example is a lark.  Nobody should equip their tank to be that one dimensional.  In a way, he even pointed that out in his example games.  Dez was completely dependent on his Muppet Team to shoot and damage the tanks he lit.  Not a safe thing for a LT.

There may even be a chance to break open the east flank on Erlenberg without resorting to a suicide run.  Likewise, the west flank on Prokhorovka will become more vibrant and less of a sitzkrieg.

I will say that there is a gigantic target on passive camper play.  If you generally die on the A/B or J/K lines (and you are not arty) than some of the LTs you go against will get your feet dancing.  They will not be zooming around.  They will probe and initiate pushes as the campers light up.  I'm guessing here, but I also think double booshing will not be as effective against a CVS equipped vehicle.  The folks at B2/J2 on Prok are going to have to find their 'W' keys and fight it out before the game is over.

So once again they're just making heavies and tds less relevant.

tod914 #25 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 22:33

Major

• Players
  • 68217 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS

View PostRHeadshot, on Aug 02 2020 - 14:01, said:

So once again they're just making heavies and tds less relevant.

They won't be able to push the red line back far enough on most of these maps.  Think of all the spawns that will now be spotted sooner.

Spoiler

Edited by tod914, Aug 02 2020 - 22:34.

orangeandblue #26 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 22:37

Captain

• Players
  • 32104 battles
Aside from the fact that some tanks will have incredible view range giving new meaning to "invisa-tanks", I don't really understand the need to make items that were previously free to remove from a tank now cost 10 gold, like camo nets, binos and tool kits. There are a lot of tanks where it's nice to be able to switch out binos when you want them and move them to another tank when not using them on a certain tank. For 10 gold...no thanks. I already demount as little as possible, now I'll be a lot more likely to spend silver to buy more binos than spend 10 gold every time I want to move them to a different vehicle.

BoghieWanKanobie #27 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 22:54

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10194 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postorangeandblue, on Aug 02 2020 - 16:37, said:

Aside from the fact that some tanks will have incredible view range giving new meaning to "invisa-tanks", I don't really understand the need to make items that were previously free to remove from a tank now cost 10 gold, like camo nets, binos and tool kits. There are a lot of tanks where it's nice to be able to switch out binos when you want them and move them to another tank when not using them on a certain tank. For 10 gold...no thanks. I already demount as little as possible, now I'll be a lot more likely to spend silver to buy more binos than spend 10 gold every time I want to move them to a different vehicle.

10G = $0.05

600,000 Credits = $3.36

But, for three bucks you won't have the hassle of demounting and remounting.  Personally, I tend to lose the location of these things.  Hence the fact that I owned three of each.

BTW, I kinda like the CVS - it is a Unicum that is recommending the Muffler.  Did I piss in your Wheaties AllieOop2.  If so, sorry... 

Crazy___Canuck #28 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 23:24

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 34002 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-

View PostBoghieWanKanobie, on Aug 02 2020 - 19:21, said:

I like this observation.  Yes, something will break, but it’s just another game adjustment that people will have to work around - like op tanks and wheelies.  Frankly, if this change shakes up the random meta, I’m all for it!  

Adjust and adapt...makes and keeps the game interesting and challenging.

Good luck and happy tanking :)

Edited by Crazy___Canuck, Aug 02 2020 - 23:24.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users