Incoming Equipment 2.0 Every player MUST read this and stay on it.

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

rookiecan #1 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 17:48

Corporal

• Players
  • 25766 battles
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T

Since KRAZYBooP posted this notice http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/631455-incoming-equipment-20/  there have been 10 pages of adamant disgust with the new changes, especially having to pay 10 gold to demount binocs and nets.  The WOT community together must not let our disgust just fade away.  KRAZYBooP states at the bottom "I look forward to collecting more feedback about this from our community :)." but he has not posted one single reply on this thread, unlike his posting replies on other threads.  Please get involved in this awful update.

PS.  I will say this.  The changes made to Tier 1-3, although not perfect, are a good start but the rest is a disaster for collectors, f2p and p2w players.

Also: Posted by Fokyc, Page 8 from above link:  "I am no activist but the only way to get the Belorussian overloads to listen is to pick a day/weekend/week and boycott WOT. Maybe if we can bring the number of players down to 1k or something like that they will reverse the change and start paying attention. So how about we pick a specific date range and agree to boycott WOT?"   

4P1 #2 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 18:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 35339 battles
  • [FNYBS] FNYBS
How many of the folks who are adamantly disgusted participated in the testing? I'm down with a boycott, a month!, but I seriously doubt if it will change anything. This is a pay-to-win game that favors the money makers, which is not the non-paying, random battle player base. I quit throwing money away on this game a long time ago, so I really don't have much, other than time, invested in it.

Reichmonk #3 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 18:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31382 battles
  • [4ORCE] 4ORCE
Demount them ahead of time?

BoghieWanKanobie #4 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 18:15

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10186 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

10 GP is a bloody Nickel.  The cost is ONE Nickel

One nickel - and you get 2 bucks of nickel priced Demount Kits free - is not the hill I will die on.

And, exactly how many nickels will I be forced to use to demount my Gun Rammer/VSTAB/CO equipment loadout.  Exactly 0 nickels.  Zip, zero, nada nickels.

If I get too drunk to find the free Demount Kits I may spend a few nickels to demount something and try something that looks like fun.  I want to try CVS, Muffler, Turbocharger, and the Rotation Mechanism.  May lose my gun rammer or my GLD or my VSTAB.  It will be cool to find something useful other than the Final Four everybody chooses from.  Or, maybe I'll be bland and do nothing.  Zip, zero, nada.  Nothing.  

tod914 #5 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 18:23

Major

• Players
  • 68190 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS

View PostBoghieWanKanobie, on Aug 02 2020 - 12:15, said:

But I want my

Spoiler

One nickel - and you get 2 bucks of nickel priced Demount Kits free - is not the hill I will die on.

Spoiler

ThaneTyrian #6 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 18:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18392 battles

View PostBoghieWanKanobie, on Aug 02 2020 - 09:15, said:

And, exactly how many nickels will I be forced to use to demount my Gun Rammer/VSTAB/CO equipment loadout.  Exactly 0 nickels.  Zip, zero, nada nickels.

If I get too drunk to find the free Demount Kits I may spend a few nickels to demount something and try something that looks like fun.  I want to try CVS, Muffler, Turbocharger, and the Rotation Mechanism.  May lose my gun rammer or my GLD or my VSTAB.  It will be cool to find something useful other than the Final Four everybody chooses from.  Or, maybe I'll be bland and do nothing.  Zip, zero, nada.  Nothing.  

I completely agree with Boghie, I'm just gonna demount my binocs, nets and tool boxes today.  I have like 10 of each, so no bid deal.  I have 451 tanks and everything above Tier IV is equipped, and I'm LOOKING FORWARD to trying out some new equipment.   The only thing I'm not happy about is not being able to use gun rammers on my Italian auto-loaders anymore.

jackbatt04 #7 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 18:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7002 battles
  • [WPP] WPP
People don’t understand that this is a Free to Play game, the only way for Free to Play games to make money is by selling stuff like gold, premium, tanks, etc. If a Free to Play game thinks up of another way to make more money, then they are gonna do it. If WG wasn’t selling all of this stuff, they wouldn’t have WoT for very long.

Acme1970 #8 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 18:41

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20866 battles
A boycott of the NA server will either not be noticed in Minsk or might, just might cause them to go "Awwwww thats cute", they don't care about us, the most we ever have at peak hours is about 15,000 to 20,000 people if we're lucky, the European and Russian servers probably have 20,000 people at 3:00am, if we all stopped giving them money then maybe they might listen but methinks not, as far as the new equipment goes i'm still going to use the fab four, i thought about using the Extreme Hardening (i think it's called that) on something like Maus or the Tortoise but honestly is and extra 300 or 200 health really going to make a difference at tier 10, the only new equipment i would even consider using a magical something that would reduce the penetration of HEAT rounds by 50% but yeah that's right up there with my dream of having a money tree in my backyard so equipment 2.0 is a non-entity for me.

largeelvis #9 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 18:42

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22503 battles
They honestly could care less. And it doesn't matter how much it costs Boghie. These are changes THEY are making. They should pay for it.

NiteDog #10 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 18:45

Major

• Players
  • 30935 battles

View Posttod914, on Aug 02 2020 - 09:23, said:

Spoiler

BoghieWanKanobie #11 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 18:55

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10186 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postlargeelvis, on Aug 02 2020 - 12:42, said:

They honestly could care less. And it doesn't matter how much it costs Boghie. These are changes THEY are making. They should pay for it.

Exactly how much will doing NOTHING cost?

The normal equipment loadout of Gun Rammer/VSTAB/CO is still the optimum configuration for most tanks.  Vents is the other member of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.  You actually do not have to change anything.  You have to demount nothing.  Maybe all that is kinda smart is switching one piece of equipment to the special slot - and, that no longer requires a demount.

If you want to try something new than spend the nickel.  That new thing is new.  It might be a fun new thing so maybe try a new thing for a new experience.  New is exciting.

Otherwise do nothing, pay nothing, and likely stay at the optimum configuration for your vehicles.  You don't even have to rub two wooden nickels together!!!

PapioTitan #12 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 19:02

Captain

• -Players-
  • 48992 battles
OP: you might have better luck petitioning the White House to close the Belarusian consulate in Austin TX.

Ridgerunner20 #13 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 19:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15221 battles
So, is WG going to demount all equipment on all tanks in the garage or just some equipment some tanks? 

Reichmonk #14 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 19:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31382 battles
  • [4ORCE] 4ORCE

View Postlargeelvis, on Aug 02 2020 - 17:42, said:

They are paying for it... giving free demount kits. Plus, they dont owe you anything for any changes they make to their game

Logos #15 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 19:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 71255 battles

View PostBoghieWanKanobie, on Aug 02 2020 - 13:55, said:

Exactly how much will doing NOTHING cost?

The normal equipment loadout of Gun Rammer/VSTAB/CO is still the optimum configuration for most tanks.  Vents is the other member of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.  You actually do not have to change anything.  You have to demount nothing.  Maybe all that is kinda smart is switching one piece of equipment to the special slot - and, that no longer requires a demount.

If you want to try something new than spend the nickel.  That new thing is new.  It might be a fun new thing so maybe try a new thing for a new experience.  New is exciting.

Otherwise do nothing, pay nothing, and likely stay at the optimum configuration for your vehicles.  You don't even have to rub two wooden nickels together!!!

Wow, you really dont know anything about the changes. No one knows what the optimum config will be until you try it out. For scouts your "optimum config" its nonsense...I have 40+ scouts between tier 6-10.

Do nothing you say? THE WHOLE IDEA OF THE NEW EQUIPMENT IS TO DO SOMETHING.

Ive got 500+ tanks and the idea of having to try new equipment its just an insane amount of credits and gold have to spend.

_T_H_U_N_D_E_R_ #16 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 19:19

Captain

• Players
  • 42518 battles
Lol, boycotting NA server. Like that will do anything. We need our EU and RU comrades to do that for WG to do anything.

AllieOop2 #17 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 19:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostBoghieWanKanobie, on Aug 02 2020 - 18:15, said:

View Postjackbatt04, on Aug 02 2020 - 18:41, said:

People don’t understand that this is a Free to Play game, the only way for Free to Play games to make money is by selling stuff like gold, premium, tanks, etc. If a Free to Play game thinks up of another way to make more money, then they are gonna do it. If WG wasn’t selling all of this stuff, they wouldn’t have WoT for very long.

Here is why WG thinks they can charge for something they are changing in the game. Two people expounding on how little it costs $2.00 and why they charge for items in the game.

So 400,000 people times $2.50 is million bucks...lets be conservative and say $500,000. Again for a change they are implementing. NOT a discretionary purchase you decide you want but for something they changed in the game to make it better or attract more customers. Here are two people willing to lay down and accept a mandatory charge for the thousands of players that have little or no Gold that were used to being able to move three stinking pcs of equipment around. That were able to move it to the next tank they acquired for free. Lets bypass that point to everyone has the Gold and paid either money for it or worked the game for it. WG IS CHARGING YOU FOR A CHANGE THEY MADE IN THE GAME. Getting a drift of what is happening.

Yep everyone should have a couple of bucks laying around to toss to WG for a change they decided to do. Guess they will see a way to make more cash with "other" changes since there are folks stupid enough to advocate what they did on this "change". Boghie has made it point to plaster his low cost move on every thread that has come out on this mocking the low cost of $2.50 for a change WG decided to do.It just a couple of bucks and if you don't have that you shouldn't be playing a game right boys?

Setting a precedent for charging for future unasked for changes. Next new map going to have an entry charge? Next new line going to have a entry charge. Going to charge JUST a couple of bucks to participate in a new mode? The nickles and dimes add up if they can get a few stupid folks to promote the LOW cost of playing for CHANGES they made.

AllieOop2 #18 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 19:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostLogos, on Aug 02 2020 - 19:18, said:

Wow, you really dont know anything about the changes. No one knows what the optimum config will be until you try it out. For scouts your "optimum config" its nonsense...I have 40+ scouts between tier 6-10.

Do nothing you say? THE WHOLE IDEA OF THE NEW EQUIPMENT IS TO DO SOMETHING.

Ive got 500+ tanks and the idea of having to try new equipment its just an insane amount of credits and gold have to spend.

Here Boghie is the real world not a handful of binocs and camo nets.....

Shia_Halud #19 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 19:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3061 battles
Wot employees in Minsk must be clamoring for a raise and the base is the cash cow, but then why pay for premium time? In the final analyst it all about the money, always the money and the game mechanics be damned...just sayn. 

Goat_Rodeo #20 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 19:37

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16720 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4
Changes aside, just demount your camo nets and binocs today ahead of Tuesday. It’s free right now. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users