Wargaming.net 'launcher' horrendous DL speeds

8 replies to this topic

Crowgasm #1 Posted Aug 04 2020 - 06:15

Private

• Players
  • 3477 battles

Attempting to update WoT (NA) via the launcher to download the last couple of patches. I'm a pretty steady connection (386 Mbps as of writing) with a high end PC. Otherwise my connection and update speeds for other apps/games is very good. The WoT updater keeps stalling out at 8kb/sec, with several GB left to download. 

I have DL speeds set at 25 MB/s and have toggled Uploads from off to all speeds but nothing seems to make any difference. The launcher/game exes are all excepted in my AV (Bitdefender pro) and ports opened. As such, it looks like a problem on the Wargaming.net side, but it's not improving.

Anyone have any additional info/ideas on resolution? Or (...) anyone on the WGC team willing/able to acknowledge known problems on their IT infrastructure with a fix in the works? 

Christojojo #2 Posted Aug 04 2020 - 06:55

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 38481 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP
FOr me, last patch down throttled my dl speeds to the lowest settings. ( I think it was 145kbits/s). Check it in the launcher settings.

Crowgasm #3 Posted Aug 04 2020 - 14:49

Private

• Players
  • 3477 battles
As I noted in the OP, I already have downloads/update downloads set to the max, 25 Mbps. I've also tried changing that. Nothing seems to help. Currently stuck at 18 Kbps. Clearly something is wrong on the WGC side, but zero support available, from what I can tell.

Dadrox #4 Posted Aug 13 2020 - 02:43

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16722 battles
  • [77ARC] 77ARC

Set your download to unlimited and turn uploads off.  If you are running wired to your computer and not Wifi you'll see what the Internet and Wot are capable of sending you.

Crowgasm #5 Posted Aug 13 2020 - 03:46

Private

• Players
  • 3477 battles
Quite, I've already done both of those, as noted above. Not using Wifi. My ISP connection is rated at 350/25 which it tests at and performs consistently at in all other games/downloads. Only WoT has this problem, so I'm bound to assume it's the WoT servers being the problem.

GeorgePreddy #6 Posted Aug 15 2020 - 19:20

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

But if the WoT servers are the problem... why aren't all (or at least most) players having the same issue ??

sindani77 #7 Posted Aug 26 2020 - 20:58

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

You have this neverending loading/synchronizing into garage on the first start, than the same slow snail pace loading after battle.The "fun" part is that the more tanks you have in the garage, the more time it takes to load after each battle. The client feels really dated with all this clog.It's like the game was double checking every little thing in you garage, depot, barrack - regardless if you've touched it or not, And http://www.pearltrees.com/poppybeck

Crowgasm #8 Posted Aug 26 2020 - 23:54

Private

• Players
  • 3477 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Aug 15 2020 - 13:20, said:

But if the WoT servers are the problem... why aren't all (or at least most) players having the same issue ??

Hi George,

There might be some misunderstanding there on how servers work, in a loose conceptual sense. There are also factors like how a server's traffic routes through particular areas/ISPs, based on how they're configured, mis-configured or their technical hardware capabilities or deficiencies. The fact that some users in some configurations/locations don't experience this persistent and frustrating update speed issue does not rule out the servers and/or update app being the cause at all. 

I thought for a while that Bitdefender as my main AV solution might be a factor, but after manually adding full permissions and even opening all the ports the launcher/updater uses (including ports not advertised by WoT) the same issues continue. I have 4 systems all with WoT installed, on very different configurations, two without Bitdefender. All experience the same issue. I've also submitted two formal support tickets but received no reply at all, outside automated confirmation of receipt on the first. All rather frustrating. Everything points to the updater process but there seems no interest/will in acknowledging or addressing that. I've switched to play Tank Crew instead, most of the time, as a result. Better game, too. 

GeorgePreddy #9 Posted Sep 16 2020 - 22:22

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostCrowgasm, on Aug 26 2020 - 19:54, said:

Hi George,

Everything points to the updater process but there seems no interest/will in acknowledging or addressing that. I've switched to play Tank Crew instead, most of the time, as a result. Better game, too. 

Well, if the problem led to you finding a different game you like better (certainly not MY opinion), then you should be happy now. Congrats.

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users