Incoming! 10th anniversary act V has been postponed.

KRZY Anniversary

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

Gothraul #41 Posted Aug 11 2020 - 19:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 3105 battles
  • [JUDG2] JUDG2

View PostSuomen_Panssari, on Aug 11 2020 - 18:50, said:

I am not sure how you guys have  your branches setup but shouldn't WGNA be a separate entity that not  reliant on prices due to WG  in Minsk and only thing you get from  Minsk should be the updates to the game. Also couldn't the  WoT dev team or offices be moved to Cyprus  to WGHQ in the mean time or be moved to the WoWs  offices in Saint Petersburg in Russia? A idea could be to  Put the data on a portable HDD or SSD or something for the ACT V update and send it to one those locations via mail where  data could be uploaded and installed? Trying give suggestions to maybe pass over to them and to others in charge to maybe circumvent this issue that going on in Belarus.

This why you have multiple access points in other locations in case of issues like this with  internet.

If border security is tight it would be harder to get something as obvious as a 2.5 SSD/HDD so it would have to be something much smaller like a micro SD card. If one is good disassemble a smart phone and hide the card inside then put it all back together.  

SergeyMSG #42 Posted Aug 11 2020 - 19:13

Private

• -Players-
  • 10978 battles
  • [GNZU] GNZU

Wow! Lukashenko cutting even the Internet?! 

Guys, you should be ready if he will not open it in next week or so. 

Suomen_Panssari #43 Posted Aug 11 2020 - 19:21

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 21194 battles

View PostGothraul, on Aug 11 2020 - 21:10, said:

If border security is tight it would be harder to get something as obvious as a 2.5 SSD/HDD so it would have to be something much smaller like a micro SD card. If one is good disassemble a smart phone and hide the card inside then put it all back together.  

I don't think if it mail they would care if its a computer device from a software company going to another  branch of the same company.

Edited by Suomen_Panssari, Aug 11 2020 - 19:21.

RumRunner151 #44 Posted Aug 11 2020 - 19:21

Captain

• Players
  • 38324 battles
  • [MYTH_] MYTH_

View PostEdibleEmpire, on Aug 11 2020 - 12:10, said:

This isn't an indie company. This is a multinational company. The fact so much is riding on one group and one building for something already preplanned and tested... a micropatch... is a bit disheartening. 

Wow, we must have a WG insider, either that or you assume a lot.  Most companies have plans for internet outages.  Most of those plans are not viable if the internet is turned off in the entire country.

RumRunner151 #45 Posted Aug 11 2020 - 19:23

Captain

• Players
  • 38324 battles
  • [MYTH_] MYTH_

View PostSuomen_Panssari, on Aug 11 2020 - 12:21, said:

I don't think if it mail they would care if its a computer device from a software company going to another  branch of the same company.

Accurate.

bravo9er #46 Posted Aug 11 2020 - 19:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29482 battles
  • [TL-DR] TL-DR

@krzy.... what's the compensation plan for NA? 

EU is offering 10 days of premium time..........

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/10-days-login-special-aug2020/

Suicidal_Enemy #47 Posted Aug 11 2020 - 19:31

Captain

• Players
  • 50305 battles

View PostSuomen_Panssari, on Aug 11 2020 - 13:50, said:

I am not sure how you guys have  your branches setup but shouldn't WGNA be a separate entity that not  reliant on prices due to WG  in Minsk and only thing you get from  Minsk should be the updates to the game. Also couldn't the  WoT dev team or offices be moved to Cyprus  to WGHQ in the mean time or be moved to the WoWs  offices in Saint Petersburg in Russia? A idea could be to  Put the data on a portable HDD or SSD or something for the ACT V update and send it to one those locations via mail where  data could be uploaded and installed? Trying give suggestions to maybe pass over to them and to others in charge to maybe circumvent this issue that going on in Belarus.

This why you have multiple access points in other locations in case of issues like this with  internet.

It would cost money to set up in more stable places and we all know about the all mighty dollar.

Edited by Suicidal_Enemy, Aug 11 2020 - 21:23.

BaconMeLoveIt #48 Posted Aug 11 2020 - 19:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 15247 battles
  • [VX] VX

Well, according to Netblocks, the disruption happened during that political election time.

Nothing we can do but wait for things to settle down soon.

jeffgee #49 Posted Aug 11 2020 - 19:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 63329 battles

View PostTankingTrucker, on Aug 11 2020 - 19:10, said:

SO WHO DID NOT PAY THE CABLE BILL ????

I'm thinking for compensation everyone gets the 279E ok ok i won't push my luck 907 will be fine :) I'll keep an eye out for that to hit my account in the near future 

Sorry...my sources state it will only be a Chieftain.

DomoSapien #50 Posted Aug 11 2020 - 19:53

Community Coordinator

• -Players-
  • 15204 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Folks, as a reminder: please keep discussions civil and politics-free.

Something I would like to personally ask you all to consider: Software and Hardware are replaceable. People are not. We have an amazing team of talented individuals working in Minsk, and while it's easy to say 'you guys should do x' or 'you guys should do y' - the safety and well-being of our team is an utmost priority. It's not quite as simple as shuffling some stuff around and assigning different staff to the product - or shipping a hard drive with the latest build to a different location where we can upload it to the live servers. 

There is a pool of talent, knowledge, professional and personal relationships with our colleagues in Minsk, and all of that is extremely important to us.

Something you see pretty often on our forums and in our community is this 'us vs. them' mentality when talking about WGA Publishing vs. the Dev Team in Minsk; this is a good opportunity to remind ourselves that there no 'us' and 'them' - we are all part of the same organization, and as much as I hate corporate slogans, we used to throw around #OneTeam internally pretty often - and there is certainly quite a bit of truth to it.

Our colleagues in Minsk are not just our colleagues. They are our friends and family. Firing them all and reassigning their jobs to other people due to circumstances outside of their control would be completely unacceptable. 

Edited by DomoSapien, Aug 11 2020 - 20:07.

TornadoADV #51 Posted Aug 11 2020 - 19:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27869 battles
  • [ESC] ESC

View PostDigital_Malamute, on Aug 11 2020 - 11:34, said:

I thought WG was HQed in Cyprus?

LOL,no. That's their tax haven.

RumRunner151 #52 Posted Aug 11 2020 - 20:06

Captain

• Players
  • 38324 battles
  • [MYTH_] MYTH_

View PostDomoSapien, on Aug 11 2020 - 12:53, said:

Folks, as a reminder: please keep discussions civil and politics-free.

Something I would like to personally ask you all to consider: Software and Hardware are replaceable. People are not. We have an amazing team of talented individuals working in Minsk, and while it's easy to say 'you guys should do x' or 'you guys should do y' - the safety and well-being of our team is an utmost priority. It's not quite as simple as shuffling some stuff around and assigning different staff to the product - or shipping a hard drive with the latest build to a different location where we can upload it to the live servers. 

There is a pool of talent, knowledge, professional and personal relationships with our colleagues in Minsk, and all of that is extremely important to us.

Something you see pretty often on our forums and in our community is this 'us vs. them' mentality when talking about WGA Publishing vs. the Dev Team in Minsk; this is a good opportunity to remind ourselves that there no 'us' and 'them' - we are all part of the same organization, and as much as I hate corporate slogans, we used to throw around #OneTeam internally pretty often - and there is certainly quite a bit of truth to it.

Our colleagues in Minsk are not just our colleagues. They are our friends and family. Firing them all and reassigning their jobs to other people due to circumstances outside of their control would be completely unacceptable. 

Wow...some sanity.  I hope everyone is just temporarily inconvenienced and not permanently affected.  Thanks Domo.

CremeFraiche1 #53 Posted Aug 11 2020 - 20:08

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14672 battles
  • [SADGE] SADGE
I hope everyone comes out of this okay. I'm looking at the news and its a total mess over there. Thoughts and prayers for everyone affected.

Dr_Jerkov #54 Posted Aug 11 2020 - 20:09

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4105 battles
  • [TT-6] TT-6

View PostDomoSapien, on Aug 11 2020 - 12:53, said:

I mean, honestly. I think Act V is being implemented as intended, as it is supposed to represent the era of WoT. Endless postponements and cancellations and the WG team trying to "hehe oops" their way around another [edited]up with little to no resolution.

Act V has been a success by these measures!

NK_YourGod #55 Posted Aug 11 2020 - 20:09

Private

• Players
  • 27584 battles
OMG, delayed again. However, we all know what happened in Minsk, so keep head up and hope you all well.

xhippiex #56 Posted Aug 11 2020 - 20:13

Private

• Players
  • 80826 battles
  • [R3ACT] R3ACT
So this means we dont get the t-30 that l have waited for  5 months!

Bath_Toast #57 Posted Aug 11 2020 - 20:17

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4829 battles
  • [-PACK] -PACK

View PostSuomen_Panssari, on Aug 11 2020 - 12:50, said:

WGNA is fundamentally a publishing company, a forward operating base situated in america to allow localization and tech support to the NA region as a whole. It has no control over anything. They're best thought of as "Arms" that do basic tasks, but are nothing without the "Brain" which is WGHQ.

In terms of prices, things are processed primarily by WGHQ as far as I'm aware and what I've seen from my bank statements, without them to pull the switch to change the prices then things cant be done. 

Moving an entire dev team and its equipment is a massive logistical nightmare and is completely: pointless, cost prohibitive, and dangerous in the midst of whats going on over in Belarus. Furthermore, Sneaking a Portable HDD or SSD would be a terrible idea in the middle of a highly controversial time in the country where "Foreign Elements" are suspected to be the cause of the problem. Sweet goodness peoples LIVES are on the line as protests break out and a government basically goes on lockdown and you're asking people to risk their necks sneaking portable hard drives so you can play an event in a video game. Think about what you're saying.

Also, generally speaking, trying to circumvent a government imposed lockdown is not a good idea, especially with how heated things are getting over there at the moment. We have no idea how messy the situation could be in Belarus for sure, and suspicious activity could very well be the downfall of someone's lively hood with the intense state of monitoring that is likely going down. 

I understand everyone wants to play the dang event but everyone needs to take a serious chill pill. You cannot expect or plan around a country wide shutdown. Sure, maybe they should have multiple access points for the update that can circumnavigate the issue in critical times, but access points give way to vulnerabilities, and vulnerabilities give ways to hacks, leaks, etc. 

Even if they had a cloud access system where backup offices like EU and NA could access the update during critical times, It would likely be protected on multiple levels by the Minsk team to give out the passwords or access to it, and if the government shut down the internet then they'd have no way to grant that access.

While I just kinda quoted one person, this goes for a lot of the forum complaints ive seen recently...

There is nothing anyone can do. For the love of all thats beautiful and armored, please people, think about some of the things ya'll saying. We're not entitled to anything, and criticizing the inability to respond to such a debilitating event is incredibly rude. This nonsense like "Compensate us" and "Give us free things" or "Well we should still get the discounts on time" or even "Lul just an excuse not to give us cheaper pixel tonks" is a very seriously toxic behavior that needs to stop in this community. Yes, it sucks we're not getting Act V but as much as I take issue with WG's tactics with premiums and balancing I'm not about to ask them to risk their necks for a game or act like they owe us anything.

DomoSapien #58 Posted Aug 11 2020 - 20:19

Community Coordinator

• -Players-
  • 15204 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostDr_Jerkov, on Aug 11 2020 - 13:09, said:

I mean, honestly. I think Act V is being implemented as intended, as it is supposed to represent the era of WoT. Endless postponements and cancellations and the WG team trying to "hehe oops" their way around another [edited]up with little to no resolution.

Act V has been a success by these measures!

View PostNK_YourGod, on Aug 11 2020 - 13:09, said:

OMG, delayed again. However, we all know what happened in Minsk, so keep head up and hope you all well.

View Postxhippiex, on Aug 11 2020 - 13:13, said:

So this means we dont get the t-30 that l have waited for  5 months!

Hoping to have more info and a quick resolution for y'all ASAP! But the situation is evolving every day, so please stay tuned. 

BigBadWolf #59 Posted Aug 11 2020 - 20:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 6415 battles
  • [ALLIN] ALLIN
When corrupt criminals cling to power - everybody has to pay attention. Good luck to Belarus! Удачи беларусам в борьбе за свои человеческие права. 

RumRunner151 #60 Posted Aug 11 2020 - 20:32

Captain

• Players
  • 38324 battles
  • [MYTH_] MYTH_
I publicly donate any and all "compensation" to Domo and Boop for having to take time and respond to these mostly childish posts.

Also tagged with KRZY, Anniversary

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users