• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

KRZYBooP #21 Posted Aug 13 2020 - 20:06

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 4793 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postbad_73, on Aug 13 2020 - 11:39, said:

So this is why you told everyone to spend all their anniversary coins a couple weeks ago?So we would have to buy coins to get a tank??And you know peeps were sucked in to that.

Hold up!

I posted a link to a news article I don't tell players to do anything. Y'all don't listen :P.

Plus you can earn coins with compensation or completing the missions. 

dirtdeviltank #22 Posted Aug 13 2020 - 21:06

Private

• -Players-
  • 17097 battles

wow,,, ten years anniversary, I play for 7,,, and your price is a tier II and a tier III,,,,,,,, lol when I can't possible think any less of you guys,, you all demonstrate how garbage you guys are!!!!! 

TornadoADV #23 Posted Aug 13 2020 - 21:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27872 battles
  • [ESC] ESC
WoT removes bonds from Battle Heroes and Epic Medals due to seal clubbing, makes a mission where you have to play 50 games of seal clubbing to get a Tier 6 tank. Fookin LOL!  :trollface::facepalm:

Ahrtoo #24 Posted Aug 13 2020 - 21:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 42583 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS

View PostKRZYBooP, on Aug 13 2020 - 20:06, said:

I posted a link to a news article I don't tell players to do anything. Y'all don't listen :P.

Er, yeah, about that...

"The Coins expire on 12OCT so hurry up and spend them. "

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/630946-incoming-dont-forget-to-drop-those-coins-into-the-anniversary-store/

So, I get it-- part of your job is putting out the news that HQ wants put out with the spin they want put on it. But it was still pretty sleazy of your bosses to encourage people to spend their coins right before announcing that players could get a free tank for them. 

RedwoodOriginal #25 Posted Aug 13 2020 - 21:31

Captain

• Players
  • 20796 battles
  • [TAZZ] TAZZ
Thanks for free stuff, and i mean it. I wont do missions cause i dont like low tiers, but free stuff is always nice, and i like free token tanks.

KRZYBooP #26 Posted Aug 13 2020 - 21:38

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 4793 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostAhrtoo, on Aug 13 2020 - 14:22, said:

Er, yeah, about that...

"The Coins expire on 12OCT so hurry up and spend them. "

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/630946-incoming-dont-forget-to-drop-those-coins-into-the-anniversary-store/

So, I get it-- part of your job is putting out the news that HQ wants put out with the spin they want put on it. But it was still pretty sleazy of your bosses to encourage people to spend their coins right before announcing that players could get a free tank for them. 

You can't have it both ways. Players are going to do whatever they want with the anniversary coins. "Hurry up and spend them by 12Oct," isn't serious considering the post was in July.

If every player listened to me on these forums it would be a more optimistic and happier place. Now spending coins on little stuff like decals and camo doesn't mean you still can't earn enough to get the Tier 6 tank for free.  This was also the first time I have seen anything concerning the end of Act V and any additions to the anniversary store. 

My apologies if players spent so many tokens that they can't earn a Tier 6, but in every one of those posts there was always a player stating they were gonna save it for the end. 

Jaspo #27 Posted Aug 13 2020 - 21:47

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 34616 battles
  • [SLUGZ] SLUGZ

View PostKRZYBooP, on Aug 13 2020 - 14:38, said:

You can't have it both ways. Players are going to do whatever they want with the anniversary coins. "Hurry up and spend them by 12Oct," isn't serious considering the post was in July.

If every player listened to me on these forums it would be a more optimistic and happier place. Now spending coins on little stuff like decals and camo doesn't mean you still can't earn enough to get the Tier 6 tank for free.  This was also the first time I have seen anything concerning the end of Act V and any additions to the anniversary store. 

My apologies if players spent so many tokens that they can't earn a Tier 6, but in every one of those posts there was always a player stating they were gonna save it for the end. 

Sorry, nice try, but, you're not excused.

I'm just glad I didn't fall for it again this time.

RedwoodOriginal #28 Posted Aug 13 2020 - 21:49

Captain

• Players
  • 20796 battles
  • [TAZZ] TAZZ

View Postdirtdeviltank, on Aug 13 2020 - 21:06, said:

wow,,, ten years anniversary, I play for 7,,, and your price is a tier II and a tier III,,,,,,,, lol when I can't possible think any less of you guys,, you all demonstrate how garbage you guys are!!!!! 

Its free, so why sh1t on it?!? You dont like it, you can sell tanks and use creds for something else.

Ahrtoo #29 Posted Aug 13 2020 - 21:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 42583 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS

Aw, c'mon, KRZY-- you know that the best part about ranting on the internet is that you can have it EVERY way you want it! :D

I appreciate your efforts to promote civil discussion. And sympathize with the awkward position that your employer has put you in on this one.

Xime #30 Posted Aug 13 2020 - 21:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 34639 battles
  • [TKOC] TKOC

So will the Valiant be able to travel more than 13 miles before being towed back to your garage and permanently displaced as possibly the worst tank ever built?

TornadoADV #31 Posted Aug 13 2020 - 21:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27872 battles
  • [ESC] ESC

View PostKRZYBooP, on Aug 13 2020 - 15:38, said:

I've been around long enough in World of Warships to not buy the company line nor the excuses of the company man saying them when they get busted for trying to create artificial scarcity. :B

t3ngu #32 Posted Aug 13 2020 - 22:26

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 41399 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

Well done WG!

Omega_Weapon #33 Posted Aug 13 2020 - 22:27

Major

• Players
  • 57500 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostKRZYBooP, on Aug 13 2020 - 11:48, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

Just look at the A46! It's British so you know its elegant. This one pictured above is one many players can earn but there are 7 lower tier premium tanks that WG is giving away to players as Birfday presents! 

To redeem the A46, you need to earn:

60 tokens in the Tier II–III Birthday Present vehicles
And 40 tokens in the Valiant
Don't have time to earn the required number of tokens? No problem! You can use Anniversary Coins to purchase the A46 in the Anniversary Store from Monday, August 24 until Monday, October 12. It will cost 1,500 Anniversary Coins. So if you have been saving then here is a great reason to spend them.

From 17Aug to 12Oct, just log into WoT and you will receive these premium tanks. If you already own the tanks then you will get 250 Anniversary coins and 100,000 credits. 

For more information on this amazing celebration click HERE.

Good luck and have fun!

Okay, this is pretty nice. I net 600 000 credits and 1500 anniversary coins since I have all of them already. I appreciate this gesture. Still does not make up for the gut punch that was equipment 2.0 though. Wargaming should (A) acknowledge the players disappointment over that mess and (B) offer us something to ease the transition like a 75% discount sale on new equipment or a lot more demount kits.

AllieOop2 #34 Posted Aug 13 2020 - 22:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Aug 13 2020 - 21:38, said:

I actually took your post as a sideways comment meaning don't spend them there will be other "things" to use them for. But that's me I guess always looking between the lines.

AllieOop2 #35 Posted Aug 13 2020 - 22:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostXime, on Aug 13 2020 - 21:51, said:

So will the Valiant be able to travel more than 13 miles before being towed back to your garage and permanently displaced as possibly the worst tank ever built?

LOL since its top speed is IIRC is 19KM so it will take it a long time to get 13 miles.

Cnckiwi #36 Posted Aug 13 2020 - 22:36

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14776 battles
  • [SPIDY] SPIDY

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Aug 14 2020 - 09:27, said:

Okay, this is pretty nice. I net 600 000 credits and 1500 anniversary coins since I have all of them already. I appreciate this gesture. Still does not make up for the gut punch that was equipment 2.0 though. Wargaming should (A) acknowledge the players disappointment over that mess and (B) offer us something to ease the transition like a 75% discount sale on new equipment or a lot more demount kits.

Equipment changes where a net benefit to the game

churchill50 #37 Posted Aug 13 2020 - 22:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 21894 battles
  • [HIME] HIME

View PostCnckiwi, on Aug 13 2020 - 14:36, said:

I would agree. However, the amount of credits and gold needed to re-equip all of your tanks was not.

CavAg #38 Posted Aug 13 2020 - 23:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 43520 battles
Free stuff is free stuff, but the A46 looks underwhelming in every way according to its stats.  A crappy tier 6 tank and a bunch of tier 2-3s that I'll never play is the grand finale for the 10th Anniversary?  That's just disappointing.

ThePigSheFlies #39 Posted Aug 13 2020 - 23:23

Major

• Players
  • 82740 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostAhrtoo, on Aug 13 2020 - 15:50, said:

Aw, c'mon, KRZY-- you know that the best part about ranting on the internet is that you can have it EVERY way you want it! :D

I appreciate your efforts to promote civil discussion. And sympathize with the awkward position that your employer has put you in on this one.

this one is pretty simple compared to the situation HQ put them in for the disaster that is known as patch 1.10 which included shoving equipment 2.0 AND the broken battle comms into a hasty patch.

HQ and thus by extension all of WG's employees lost a LOT of goodwill amongst a lot of the player base over that patch - and that's not including the various times that they have chipped away at our goodwill previously.

I'm still bitter over the original T-50-2 to MegaTurd25™ transition where they "gave us the tier 6 tank for free" when they took away our tier 5 LT.  they also "retrained our crews for free" but then inserted the stupid radio operator with only 100% quals and thus broke BIA, and average camo/repairs for those of us that had multi-perk crews in it...  (I also still think expanding LT lines was a mistake, there is a LOT of value in having 'support tanks' like LTs being lower tier, but that's for other threads)

View PostCnckiwi, on Aug 13 2020 - 16:36, said:

I disagree.  but I'm not interested in playing worldofmemebuilds while wargaming ignores the map meta and rotation.  by going after worldofbuilds the way they did, it's a foregone conclusion they're going to continue down that path with crew 2.0 - and then likely ignore maps for a long time under the guise of hey, "dota has like 3 maps..."

some folks I guess don't mind going to the same basic locations for 10 years...

Suicidal_Enemy #40 Posted Aug 14 2020 - 00:19

Major

• Players
  • 50324 battles

View PostAllieOop2, on Aug 13 2020 - 17:31, said:

LOL since its top speed is IIRC is 19KM so it will take it a long time to get 13 miles.

Would have missed the entire first world war and caught the end of the second :D

Also tagged with KRZY, Tank, Birthday, celebrate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users