Valentine weak spots question

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

Benco97 #1 Posted Oct 03 2011 - 23:08

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Hello!

I've noticed for a short while now that there seems to have been a vast increase in the amount of valentine tanks being driven and this has risen an unusual problem, a Valentine has significant difficulty killing a Valentine!

Three times today I have encountered an enemy valentine tank and in our "Dance of death" both of us run out of shells before damaging the other. This has happened three times today alone.
It used to be amusing but it is now a serious thing that they are more common, I need to be able to combat a Valentine in my own beloved Valentine.

I have tried shooting what appear to be vents/viewports/exhaust/obvious weak spots on other tanks to no effect and the same is true of my opponents, we simply cannot hurt eachother except for the rare time when the RnG rolls maximum for pen, in each event today neither tank has hurt the other with more than two shells. For some reason we can't even track eachother, shot after shot after shot fired into eachother's driving wheels and nothing happens, they're just absorbed.

The crazy doesn't end there though, I invited a friend with a Valentine to a training battle, just him and myself so that we may carefully find the weakspots where damage may be done.

We had to quit when we both ran out of ammunition again.
Obviously we missed the critical area which is weaker and are now wondering if someone could help out and point us in the right direction.

I could load up on premium ammo but at 2gold a shot and still a very great chance it'll bounce that doesn't really seem like a solution

A friendly fellow in the garage chat said "Aim low between the tracks" so we focused on that for a while but again saw no penetrating hits.

It's a silly and simple thing I know but if someone could please inform me as to the location of just one weakspot on the valentine I would be greatly indebted to you.  :)

Mobius13 #2 Posted Oct 03 2011 - 23:18

Captain

• Players
  • 4235 battles
Hm... Perhaps you could just peg your fellow Valentines with HE shells?

Benco97 #3 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 03:09

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Problem with that is that the Valentine's 20mm gun fires particularly poor HE shells, with only 17-29 penetration and 47-78 damage (23-39 actually, never penetrates so always halved), the remaining damage after a hit is absorbed by the 60-65mm armour.

Edit - It's the same gun as the T-127, a tank we both have, so you know how "effective" it's HE rounds are already  :lol:

Gwal #4 Posted Oct 13 2011 - 19:44

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 26092 battles
That is true, but just remember how frustrated everyone else must get shooting at you.  I am looking forward to the release of the British Tanks and can not wait to play the upgradable Valentine.

Winston_Churchill #5 Posted Oct 15 2011 - 20:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 8934 battles
Yeah, this is a big problem that happens in my own valentine.  I usually end up supporting my other tanks and just ignoring other valentines and drive past them, since they cant damage me anyways.  The valentine really needs the 2pdr it should have so it can actually penetrate other tanks. The 45mm russian gun is  just so terrible.

Stieger11 #6 Posted Oct 18 2011 - 20:11

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostBenco97, on Oct 03 2011 - 23:08, said:

It's a silly and simple thing I know but if someone could please inform me as to the location of just one weakspot on the valentine I would be greatly indebted to you.  :)

Usually I ignore other Valentines, I like press alt very often in battles. If I see one, I just go to the other direction, let my ally TDs, artys take care of him. (most times vali players cant use properly their tanks; stop in open field, attack hetzers frontally, etc... they die fast, so I dont waste time and ammo on them :D )
However if you meet another Vali try to shot his engine hood, from side, or back. I know this is a little hard in 1 vs. 1, when your enemy know what he is doing too, but if he is busy you can do it.