Remove Wheeled Vehicles From Game

game balance wheeled wheeled devils EBR

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Obvious and Predictable Poll (94 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

Should these ungodly creations of the bottomless pit be removed?

1. Couldn't have said it better, stranger - Remove them. (68 votes [71.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 71.58%

2. Hold on, let me pad my stats a bit more - Keep them. (27 votes [28.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.42%

Vote Hide poll

xAristotlex #1 Posted Aug 14 2020 - 20:10

Private

• Players
  • 36296 battles

As a 8-year veteran of this game, it is my opinion that the wheeled vehicles are more overpowered and more disruptive to the game balance and environment than tanks like the WT auf E100 or the original UFO (Type 59). At least back then you knew that if you hit that monstrosity of a turret on the WT, you could cause damage. It was a big and easy target, even for HE rounds, that you could hit around corners without them even being able to return fire. The turret traverse was trash, so if you tracked it, it was over for it. As for the Type 59, for those that don't know, the netcode of the game used to be so bad and the tank was so fast that it was difficult to hit at times of low latency. 

That brings us to the modern go-karts... what the actual !@#$ WG? Even worse than the Type 59 in the sense that even the GB internet service of our overlord Google won't save you. At close and mid range (up to around 250 m) or so they are moving so fast that in order to lead a shot you have to look so far ahead of the clown car that you CAN'T EVEN SEE IT ON YOUR SCREEN. This is not about skill, such a dynamic results in the introduction of pure luck that the driver of the EBR didn't steer his tank left or right even a bit. On top of that, unlike the terrible Russian dispersion the UFO had even in its prime, the wheeled demons NEVER MISS (at least, I have never witnessed a shot miss - not counting bounces here, obviously). Additionally, unlike the WT, hitting this thing does not guarantee damage. In my very last game against these golf carts from hell I hit an EBR 90 and an EBR 105 a combined 7 times... only caused damage ONCE. The rest of the shots were absorbed by their (apparently) vibranium wheels. And speaking of which, unlike the WT, they simply cannot be stopped, they just casually shrug shells off and keep on rolling, making these things effectively more durable than some high tier heavy tanks.

So my point and question is naturally: If the WT and Type were so OP that it was reasonable to remove them from the game, surely the removal of tanks that are even worse in the same aspects would not only be reasonable but necessary? Let me know what you guys think - except for you dedicated EBR drivers. We all get it, the EBR has done a lot to pad your stats, we get it. However, I will gladly give up any of my tanks for a more balanced and enjoyable game.

Edited by xAristotlex, Aug 14 2020 - 20:11.

arunvarun #2 Posted Aug 14 2020 - 20:16

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33932 battles
  • [ASHEN] ASHEN
If they can't remove them, then they should atleast make a separate game mode for tracked vehicles only. 

ImmaGummyBear #3 Posted Aug 14 2020 - 20:56

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10825 battles
It'll be the usual - 80% for removal - so why another one?

Edited by My_Name_Is_Nobody_, Aug 14 2020 - 20:57.

AlamoMelt #4 Posted Aug 14 2020 - 21:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22025 battles
I just 1 marked the EBR 105. It's obviously broken, I've never marked a tier 10 before.

Edited by AlamoMelt, Aug 14 2020 - 21:32.

newshutz #5 Posted Aug 14 2020 - 21:59

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23669 battles
No need to remove them from the game. Just change the characteristics, so if they hit a bump at high speed, they get catapulted up into the air and crash when they fall. There are lots of examples in the old WoT follies vids after 0.8 update.

Gbray #6 Posted Aug 14 2020 - 22:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 45382 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A
no

2MOEJOE #7 Posted Aug 15 2020 - 01:03

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6429 battles
I play meduims  I dont care:)

AllieOop2 #8 Posted Aug 15 2020 - 01:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

Boy am I glad SOMEONE FINALLY spoke up on this topic. Been waiting for months for a brave soul to take the step outside the box and let the world know. Thank YOU OP.

But OP I killed four of them in 20 matches yesterday and all I played was arty. How halfway across the map can I hit them when you cant right in front of your face? Asking for a friend.

Edited by AllieOop2, Aug 15 2020 - 01:09.

AllieOop2 #9 Posted Aug 15 2020 - 01:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View Post2MOEJOE, on Aug 15 2020 - 01:03, said:

I play meduims  I dont care:)

LOL up vote on this

Hans_von_Twitchy #10 Posted Aug 15 2020 - 02:38

Captain

• -Players-
  • 46529 battles
  • [TYPE5] TYPE5

I rarely play this game any more, mostly because of frikkin clown cars. I used to hundreds of games a week, now it's an unusual week if I play 10 (unusually lucky, it means I didn't meet many clown cars).

Years of good times has ended. I had a small hope that the last patch would nerf clown cars, like WG kept claiming it would, but as usual WG was talking out of its exhaust pipe.

I must have something like a hundred premium tanks sitting unused in my garage, including the Chieftain and 907, but no use crying over wasted money, time and effort. If WG want to ruin their own game, that's on them.

Red_General #11 Posted Aug 15 2020 - 03:45

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 23247 battles
  • [PZMAF] PZMAF
Ah. I miss the days when Serb would just laugh at people for even suggesting to put in wheeled vehicles. 

Burning_Haggis #12 Posted Aug 15 2020 - 05:54

Major

• Players
  • 48534 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View PostxAristotlex, on Aug 14 2020 - 13:10, said:

As a 8-year veteran of this game, it is my opinion that the wheeled vehicles are more overpowered and more disruptive to the game balance and environment than tanks like the WT auf E100 or the original UFO (Type 59). At least back then you knew that if you hit that monstrosity of a turret on the WT, you could cause damage. It was a big and easy target, even for HE rounds, that you could hit around corners without them even being able to return fire. The turret traverse was trash, so if you tracked it, it was over for it. As for the Type 59, for those that don't know, the netcode of the game used to be so bad and the tank was so fast that it was difficult to hit at times of low latency. 

That brings us to the modern go-karts... what the actual !@#$ WG? Even worse than the Type 59 in the sense that even the GB internet service of our overlord Google won't save you. At close and mid range (up to around 250 m) or so they are moving so fast that in order to lead a shot you have to look so far ahead of the clown car that you CAN'T EVEN SEE IT ON YOUR SCREEN. This is not about skill, such a dynamic results in the introduction of pure luck that the driver of the EBR didn't steer his tank left or right even a bit. On top of that, unlike the terrible Russian dispersion the UFO had even in its prime, the wheeled demons NEVER MISS (at least, I have never witnessed a shot miss - not counting bounces here, obviously). Additionally, unlike the WT, hitting this thing does not guarantee damage. In my very last game against these golf carts from hell I hit an EBR 90 and an EBR 105 a combined 7 times... only caused damage ONCE. The rest of the shots were absorbed by their (apparently) vibranium wheels. And speaking of which, unlike the WT, they simply cannot be stopped, they just casually shrug shells off and keep on rolling, making these things effectively more durable than some high tier heavy tanks.

So my point and question is naturally: If the WT and Type were so OP that it was reasonable to remove them from the game, surely the removal of tanks that are even worse in the same aspects would not only be reasonable but necessary? Let me know what you guys think - except for you dedicated EBR drivers. We all get it, the EBR has done a lot to pad your stats, we get it. However, I will gladly give up any of my tanks for a more balanced and enjoyable game.

lol, stat padder from low tiers crying about armored cars.   Sweet, sweet padder tears.

f16falcona46 #13 Posted Aug 15 2020 - 22:35

Major

• Players
  • 16104 battles
  • [PHASE] PHASE

View PostxAristotlex, on Aug 14 2020 - 14:10, said:

As a 8-year veteran of this game, it is my opinion that the wheeled vehicles are more overpowered and more disruptive to the game balance and environment than tanks like the WT auf E100 or the original UFO (Type 59).

That's really funny, because according to wot-news, EBRs aren't strong enough to even allow players to perform at their overall winrate. An "overpowered" vehicle it is not, especially compared to other tier 10 vehicles such as STB-1, Leopard 1, or the notorious Obj. 279(e) and T95/FV4201.

At close and mid range (up to around 250 m) or so they are moving so fast that in order to lead a shot you have to look so far ahead of the clown car that you CAN'T EVEN SEE IT ON YOUR SCREEN. This is not about skill, such a dynamic results in the introduction of pure luck that the driver of the EBR didn't steer his tank left or right even a bit.

Have you considered shooting in x2 zoom? And if you think shooting EBRs is all about luck, then you should see how quickly a team of good players evaporates a bad EBR driver.

On top of that, unlike the terrible Russian dispersion the UFO had even in its prime, the wheeled demons NEVER MISS (at least, I have never witnessed a shot miss - not counting bounces here, obviously).

haglar (a good EBR player) has a 82% hit rate in the EBR 105 in randoms (it's about 10% lower in Advances/Clan Wars). His hit rate is about the same as his T-100 LT hit rate. Note that the hit rate is not 100%...the EBRs do miss. It's harder to see because people generally only notice the hits, not the misses, if they're on the receiving end of the fire.

Additionally, unlike the WT, hitting this thing does not guarantee damage. In my very last game against these golf carts from hell I hit an EBR 90 and an EBR 105 a combined 7 times... only caused damage ONCE. The rest of the shots were absorbed by their (apparently) vibranium wheels. And speaking of which, unlike the WT, they simply cannot be stopped, they just casually shrug shells off and keep on rolling, making these things effectively more durable than some high tier heavy tanks.

Wheels don't block shots. They are only 10mm thick, which means they are triple overmatched by every gun they meet. If you hear "critical hit", you shot under or in front, and only hit the wheel and not the main armor. See here: https://youtu.be/UFktFSJZPsQ?t=756

However, I will gladly give up any of my tanks for a more balanced and enjoyable game.

When are you selling your T67?

Carde #14 Posted Aug 15 2020 - 23:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 67705 battles
  • [TGRDY] TGRDY

They need to "balance" them more and WG needs to cut the crap and let the other nations have a wheeled car.   I also dont remember history indicating french wheeled cars being so amazing that the nation won all their battles.  In fact....i sorta recall france getting the crap kicked out of it and that the USA and Germany actually had wheeled cars that were legendary.

Then again the game has all these russian tanks that were never really made as the best vehicles too.  I want a real company to buy wot from WG soooo badly.

Vulcan_Spectre #15 Posted Aug 16 2020 - 01:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 11904 battles
  • [PPNRG] PPNRG

they aint being removed

Vulcan_Spectre #16 Posted Aug 16 2020 - 01:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 11904 battles
  • [PPNRG] PPNRG

View PostCarde, on Aug 15 2020 - 17:40, said:

Then again the game has all these russian tanks that were never really made as the best vehicles too.  I want a real company to buy wot from WG soooo badly.

the ceo of wargaming is a billionaire he aint selling wot

Edited by Vulcan_Spectre, Aug 16 2020 - 01:39.

minneerminneer #17 Posted Aug 16 2020 - 05:12

Major

• Players
  • 42248 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
I still think there should be a stat requirement before you are allowed to post on the forums.

AllieOop2 #18 Posted Aug 16 2020 - 05:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostInappropriateHandHolding, on Aug 16 2020 - 05:12, said:

I still think there should be a stat requirement before you are allowed to post on the forums.

Ya i have never seen stupid posts for anyone with great stats...OH NVM I have frequently. I would list out the names off the top of my head but probably get a name and shame for pointing out the ignorant.

stryker105mm #19 Posted Aug 16 2020 - 22:26

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16082 battles
  • [4CVR] 4CVR
but wg just nerfed them didnt they, wait the nerf was a joke. 

The_Low_Health #20 Posted Aug 17 2020 - 00:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40475 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
Lol. Adapt, muppet. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users