pearl river maps statgey strategy notice noobs novice wot stat

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

C257_Tanks #1 Posted Aug 17 2020 - 01:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1811 battles

Hey Tankers,

For me Pearl River is a brand new map (I've read that it was a map long ago but they've just tweaked it a bit).

This "new map" has got number, meaning the map might as well paint a target on my back and announce my location because that's how it seems to play out for me anyhow.

My skill level is such that I'm no longer a noob, but I still don't play average or better on any kind of consistent basis, so if noob=F ... I'm at D, perhaps  I'd give myself a plus D+ .... still a long ways to go, and with Pearl River I'm a solid F.

Last game I played on that map everyone, and I mean everyone except SPGs and a few TDs tried to go through that main valley pass ... that was a mess, the team I was on got 'creamed'  but I'm not sure the other team was that much better, they were good at being "opportunistic" as they could see that our team was lucky we could tie our boots before battle. Anyhow, Pearl River is beautiful to look at, but I play it worth a s**t.

Kramah313 #2 Posted Aug 17 2020 - 01:22

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7678 battles
  • [GNZX1] GNZX1
That’s how I usually am on new maps...still a bit like that on Berlin. I still haven’t gotten pearl river yet though. 

moogleslam #3 Posted Aug 17 2020 - 01:35

Major

• Players
  • 53712 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

I usually pick up the meta and macro/micro positioning on maps pretty quickly, but not with Pearl River. 

I played the old version, but it was a while ago, and I wasn't very good back then, so maybe that doesn't mean much. 

New one is still a mystery to me in terms of how to flank, where to play hull down, where to snipe, and it seems really bad for scouting, especially passive scouting.

EDIT:  .....but at least it's pretty :)

Edited by moogleslam, Aug 17 2020 - 01:35.

C257_Tanks #4 Posted Aug 17 2020 - 02:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1811 battles

View Postmoogleslam, on Aug 16 2020 - 18:35, said:

I usually pick up the meta and macro/micro positioning on maps pretty quickly, but not with Pearl River. 

I played the old version, but it was a while ago, and I wasn't very good back then, so maybe that doesn't mean much. 

New one is still a mystery to me in terms of how to flank, where to play hull down, where to snipe, and it seems really bad for scouting, especially passive scouting.

EDIT:  .....but at least it's pretty :)

It us that,  :)  (pretty)

rockbutcher #5 Posted Aug 17 2020 - 03:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 24295 battles
  • [T-Y-R] T-Y-R

View PostC257_Tanks, on Aug 16 2020 - 19:11, said:

Hey Tankers,

For me Pearl River is a brand new map (I've read that it was a map long ago but they've just tweaked it a bit).

This "new map" has got number, meaning the map might as well paint a target on my back and announce my location because that's how it seems to play out for me anyhow.

My skill level is such that I'm no longer a noob, but I still don't play average or better on any kind of consistent basis, so if noob=F ... I'm at D, perhaps  I'd give myself a plus D+ .... still a long ways to go, and with Pearl River I'm a solid F.

Last game I played on that map everyone, and I mean everyone except SPGs and a few TDs tried to go through that main valley pass ... that was a mess, the team I was on got 'creamed'  but I'm not sure the other team was that much better, they were good at being "opportunistic" as they could see that our team was lucky we could tie our boots before battle. Anyhow, Pearl River is beautiful to look at, but I play it worth a s**t.

Also tagged with pearl river, maps, statgey, strategy, notice, noobs, novice, wot, stat

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users