You Ask, We Reply: Clans and Ultimate Conquest Answers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
84 replies to this topic

GeneralDirection #1 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 01:50

Major

• Players
  • 5992 battles

http://statcdn.world...s/interview.jpg

The latest Q&A about the World of Tanks development plan is now available! This week we focus on clans and ultimate conquest.

We took questions directly from your posts on the “You Ask, We Reply” thread and sent them to the World of Tanks developers to be answered. The result is the Q&A you see below – a set of 15 questions asked by you, the players.

Stay tuned to the News and Information forum tomorrow, October 4th, for the next thread we’ll open to collect questions. For a refresher on the format we’re following now with the “You Ask, We Reply” series, be sure to read this news article from last week.

You Ask, We Reply: Clans and Ultimate Conquest

1.  Will there ever be a point (or tier, etc) limit for tanks in CW? Like in company battles.

No, there won’t be any Tier limits for the Global Map

2. When will "mercenary" units of other clans be implemented?

We are currently working on the ‘mercenary’ system. Before introducing it we will try out a lot of different mechanics and find which is best for the players. One of the work variants is the following.

After reaching any Tier 7 tank, or Tier 6 SPG, a mercenary option will be unlocked for the player. Once the player places a ‘tick’ near this option they will then be entered into a lottery every time a ‘riot’ begins, or a clan leader decides to pick random mercenaries for CW.  After the lottery ends a certain amount of ‘volunteers’ will be randomly selected from players with the ‘volunteer’ option turned on. ‘Volunteers’ will either fight as a civilians during a riot against the tyranny of certain clan or fight with a attacking/defending clan.

In the case of a victory within a riot, ‘Volunteers’ will receive a certain amount of gold from the game system. If the victory is obtained while fighting for a clan, the gold will be received from that clans treasury.

Clan leaders will be able to either select random volunteers, or invite specific mercenaries proposing them a certain amount of gold. It would then be up to mercenaries to fight for this clan leader, or find someone, who will pay more.

More info will be released on 16-17th of October

3. Will there be any plan to localize World of Tanks server for SEA (south east asia) and New Zealand audience? With the game being a worldwide game and myself obviously being from australia, will there be any chance to pick the time of the CW? because main siege time is around 11am our morning and most of our clan members are at work.

Yes, when the Global Map will be united and expanded, every timezone will receive enough provinces to fight for.

4. Which update will include the N. American map, and for what time will those battles be scheduled? Also are the new game maps going to be added to the UC map?

Yes, we will add all maps to the Global Map. The American maps will be introduced with the North American continent in Q2 of 2012

5. Maybe have clan wars for the lower tiers as well, but instead of earning gold, maybe some silver is the appropriate reward?

As it was mentioned above, there will be no low tier Global Map. But we will probably use Tiered Company battles for some kind of automatic tournament, participating in which you will be able to win certain amount of credits or gold. But this is still not decided firmly.

6. Can you list all the clan wars changes happening next patch please

• Fog of war on Global map:
At the beginning of a battle, the team won't see the number and names of enemy vehicles. The enemy tanks will appear only when detected by teammates.

• Destroyed tanks freezing on Global map:
Any tank, destroyed on Global map, will be detained from Ultimate Conquest battles for a certain period of time, depending on the tank type and tier. But you'll still be able to partake in other battle modes with no restrictions: in random battles, in tank companies, in championships and tournaments.

• Provinces, not connected with the Capital, won’t provide gold to the owner;
  • The owner of the province will fight only with the winner of the tournament, and not with all attackers;
  • Clans, which have the provinces on the continent, cannot apply for landing.
7. Why do you give gold as a reward in Clan Wars instead of normal credits??

It makes it possible for a non-paying player to earn some gold. If some clan occupied a big territory and receives gold for it, good for them. To conquest a province is a hard objective and if they succeed, they should be rewarded.

8.  Will there ever be "official" non-agression pacts, alliances etc. that could be implemented in Clan Wars?

Yes, they will be implemented. Probably, in the next update after 7.0 we will give more info about this on 16-17th of October

9. What was the general consensus on the opposition of the tank locking (or, cooldown period)? A lot of smaller clans will be very negatively effected by this.

Big and small clans will be affected in the same manner. With no Top Tier tanks big clans will not be able to use an army of 15 Maus tanks. Also, for small clans, freezing feature will not affect landing provinces.

10. Why is Europe so much more profitable than Africa?

Because Africa is mainly sand and desert-) Talking seriously, we intended to make Africa a region for new and small clans to train their skills, before trying their forces on the rest of the Map. Because of the small revenue big clans are more interested in the European provinces and do not fight for Africa, leaving it to the smaller clans.

11. Are the hours designated now for encounters/attacks/defense going to change to be more time efficient and forecasted? If so, what is the estimated model for improvement?

After the introduction of the server-united Map we will have all time zones similar to the real ones.

12. Are the current formats for the landing schedules going to change in an effort to reduce the prep time between battles?

There are no changes of this kind planned, because we are satisfied with current schedules.

13. can you make clan wars earlier for central and eastern standerd, to late for me to start cw and finish cw, or move the chip moving done one hour earlier?

See answer on question 12

14. Can you implement some system to break monopolies?

We are currently working in this direction. But we won’t interfere with the current CW situation. We are out of the Global Map and clan’s politics. If one alliance is dominating Europe, why not form another alliance and struggle against them?

15. Can you reward those who at least try to participate in these hopeless CW's? As I said, our only reward currently is expensive repair bills. That is why so few other clans are even trying. Check out a CW between one of the monopolies and a "normal" clan. One of two things will most often occur: 1) The doomed team (i.e., the non-monopoly team) will not show, or only one

tank will show), or 2) The doomed team will bring Tier 1 tanks only. There currently is no incentive to try.

Only clans that successfully take and hold land will be rewarded. See point 5.

We'll also be sharing on the World of Tanks NA Facebook page and the World of Tanks NA Twitter account once the new “You Ask, We Reply” thread is available, so be sure to follow us!

NoblePlatoon #2 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 02:40

Captain

• Players
  • 16690 battles
SO...monopolies continue.  Alliances between monopolies continue.  And a clan cannot compete unless they have several dozen Tier 10's.  Great job, W.o.T.   :blink:

Matchmaker #3 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 03:01

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 4060 battles
Seeing the tank lockout is still in the works is extremely disappointing, as larger clans can field 100+ T10 heavies, whereas smaller clans are often lucky if they can fill 15slots with T10 heavies, T9meds and T8 arty.

FaustianQ #4 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 03:01

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18719 battles
So basically, they want large alliances, a stagnant map as people are punished for battling, do not care or are utterly blind to smaller clans, and only want people with multiple T10 tanks to compete in UC.

That's what I took away from this.

CaddoPuma #5 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 03:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17420 battles

View PostGeneralDirection, on Oct 04 2011 - 01:50, said:

3. Will there be any plan to localize World of Tanks server for SEA (south east asia) and New Zealand audience? With the game being a worldwide game and myself obviously being from australia, will there be any chance to pick the time of the CW? because main siege time is around 11am our morning and most of our clan members are at work.

Yes, when the Global Map will be united and expanded, every timezone will receive enough provinces to fight for.

4. Which update will include the N. American map, and for what time will those battles be scheduled? Also are the new game maps going to be added to the UC map?

Yes, we will add all maps to the Global Map. The American maps will be introduced with the North American continent in Q2 of 2012...

...12. Are the current formats for the landing schedules going to change in an effort to reduce the prep time between battles?

There are no changes of this kind planned, because we are satisfied with current schedules.

13. can you make clan wars earlier for central and eastern standerd, to late for me to start cw and finish cw, or move the chip moving done one hour earlier?

See answer on question 12...
Quote 2 seems to contradict Quote 1. For clarification: Will CW schedule for US time zones ever be different than it is now? Will CW schedule for Asian time zones ever be different than it is now? I think I am beginning to understand: It appears the CW schedule will depend upon the timezone in which the contested province lies, not upon the timezone in which the contestants reside. I still feel more clarification is needed, please.

P.S.: It was I who voted -1 to all of the above replies. Reason? All they do is whine about the information instead of actually adding anything substantive to the conversation.

CryoVolt #6 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 03:31

Major

• Players
  • 28920 battles
CWs are for the most serious and dedicated group of players.  Unless you have 3-4 competitive tanks, and a clan of 50-100 of those people, forget it.

NoblePlatoon #7 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 03:53

Captain

• Players
  • 16690 battles

View PostCaddoPuma, on Oct 04 2011 - 03:15, said:

[/size][/font]
P.S.: It was I who voted -1 to all of the above replies. Reason? All they do is whine about the information instead of actually adding anything substantive to the conversation.
I appreciate you telling us who/why the neg.  And I did add something of substantive nature...I asked one of the questions that they answered, and gave reasons for why I thought a change was needed.  The fact that they feels no change is needed, and are allowing monopolies to dominate CW, tells me that no more logical input is warranted.  They won't listen.  Therefore, I am expressing my deep disappointment.

FaustianQ #8 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 03:56

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18719 battles

View PostCaddoPuma, on Oct 04 2011 - 03:15, said:

Maybe you should check the other parts of the forums, or even do a search? A lot of this was brought to light and the devs simply ignored the players. There is nothing to add to the conversation, if there is one. WarGaming has made their decision, and only metrics will make them change their decisions. And whining? Get real, voice of dissent is more like it. None of their decisions are satisfactory, and such measures as Tank Freezing knock small but dedicated clans off the map, and push people towards simply NAPing or absorbing into larger clans, just to get the gold, just to keep their territory. At that point Company Battles makes more sense since it's less stressful and small clans essentially get the same reward, same results.

These Q&A threads? You're not going to get much real information out of them that hasn't been asked and either curtly answered or brushed off. You want to change minds? Not going to happen in this thread, not going to happen in any thread you make. The reality of the situation is that there is the "Developer Vision", and the game isn't going to change course from that. The mere fact that despite everyone trying to tell how tank lockouts would effect they game, they continued on and ignored us.

Matchmaker #9 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 03:57

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 4060 battles

View PostSyndicate, on Oct 04 2011 - 03:31, said:

CWs are for the most serious and dedicated group of players.  Unless you have 3-4 competitive tanks, and a clan of 50-100 of those people, forget it.

Why? I don't see why only the big clans should be able to actively participate in CWs.
I'm part of a clan that's recently moved into spain, and the lockout is basically going to stop us from being able to scrim/take territories and that's the only competitive part of this game.

You only need to be able to field a single team to win landingzones/territory and it should stay that way.

Drakenred #10 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 03:58

Captain

• Players
  • 15243 battles
I dont know, maybee the plan is for tanks that are frozen can only be repaired at the rate of 1 tank per owned productive provice per day and the que placment is autmatic based on when your tank gets hit or something.(Ie Eventualy even the mega clans will run out of repaired tanks)

Hurtz #11 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 05:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 5499 battles
Edited: changed my mind reather than post something helpful I reather see the features go thru and the game die.

Drakenred #12 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 06:13

Captain

• Players
  • 15243 battles

16-17th of October[/color]

7. Why do you give gold as a reward in Clan Wars instead of normal credits??

It makes it possible for a non-paying player to earn some gold.

9. What was the general consensus on the opposition of the tank locking (or, cooldown period)? A lot of smaller clans will be very negatively effected by this.

Big and small clans will be affected in the same manner. With no Top Tier tanks big clans will not be able to use an army of 15 Maus tanks. Also, for small clans, freezing feature will not affect landing provinces.14. Can you implement some system to break monopolies?

We are currently working in this direction. But we won’t interfere with the current CW situation. We are out of the Global Map and clan’s politics. If one alliance is dominating Europe, why not form another alliance and struggle against them?

15. Can you reward those who at least try to participate in these hopeless CW's? As I said, our only reward currently is expensive repair bills. That is why so few other clans are even trying. Check out a CW between one of the monopolies and a "normal" clan. One of two things will most often occur: 1) The doomed team (i.e., the non-monopoly team) will not show, or only one

tank will show), or 2) The doomed team will bring Tier 1 tanks only. There currently is no incentive to try.

[color="#ff0000"]Only clans that successfully take and hold land will be rewarded. See point 5.

you know, i would be suprised if anyone bothered to ask you question the next time you do a round of this for CW,

GeneralGeorge #13 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 07:01

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 27252 battles
  • [ODIN] ODIN
YOU NEED to REVISE your thinking on #12 & #13

10pm EDT start of a battle for 2/3rds of the USA is to late!!  Then expect to goto 1am next day is outragious.

People DO WORK and goto school...................

8pm EDT is more reasonable

rickdias5500 #14 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 07:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 69475 battles
wow, this is also in the toilet also.

leonidesalinas #15 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 08:54

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 6159 battles
the clan war changes will only encourage more stagnation. good to know Wargaming still aren't listening to their playerbase.

Hexero #16 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 09:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15342 battles

Big and small clans will be affected in the same manner. With no Top Tier tanks big clans will not be able to use an army of 15 Maus tanks. Also, for small clans, freezing feature will not affect landing provinces.

Doesn't it mean that a clan with 50 competitive tanks will still be able to gather a team and a clan with 20 competitive tanks will not?

xamichee #17 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 11:15

Private

• Players
  • 32784 battles
In regards to the alliance situation that dominates the current map, the issue is that it's far too easy to control large areas due to the limited number of landing spots. You are planning to address part of that issue by not allowing clans that own territories from applying for landing applications. I expect the clans which are part of the current alliance can overcome this change by creating ghost clans to monopolize the landings as they are currently doing. Why not simply make every coastal territory available for landing? At present, it's far too easy to control large territories with a very small group of players. The control of large numbers of territories, should require large numbers of clans, which isn't the case at present. Without some changes that make it harder for a relatively small number of players to control large sections of the map, clan wars--which is the only real reason to play WoT in the longer term--will become a joke. Unfortunately, clan wars isn't competitive at all, which will be an issue that plagues the continued growth of the player base.

xamichee #18 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 11:18

Private

• Players
  • 32784 battles

View PostGeneralGeorge, on Oct 04 2011 - 07:01, said:

YOU NEED to REVISE your thinking on #12 & #13

10pm EDT start of a battle for 2/3rds of the USA is to late!!  Then expect to goto 1am next day is outragious.

People DO WORK and goto school...................

8pm EDT is more reasonable

Well players on the West Coast could make the same case for a 8pm EDT start time. People in this time also have work and school, which could well be an issue with an 8pm EDT start time. Your suggestion is more reasonable for you, but not others. Maybe something between the two times would be a happy medium 9pm EDT?

ionviol2 #19 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 11:41

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18641 battles
  • [RTRD] RTRD

View Postxamichee, on Oct 04 2011 - 11:15, said:

In regards to the alliance situation that dominates the current map, the issue is that it's far too easy to control large areas due to the limited number of landing spots. You are planning to address part of that issue by not allowing clans that own territories from applying for landing applications. I expect the clans which are part of the current alliance can overcome this change by creating ghost clans to monopolize the landings as they are currently doing. Why not simply make every coastal territory available for landing? At present, it's far too easy to control large territories with a very small group of players. The control of large numbers of territories, should require large numbers of clans, which isn't the case at present. Without some changes that make it harder for a relatively small number of players to control large sections of the map, clan wars--which is the only real reason to play WoT in the longer term--will become a joke. Unfortunately, clan wars isn't competitive at all, which will be an issue that plagues the continued growth of the player base.

One still needs that small group of players to be skilled in order to defend. Monopolies are always a direct result of overall lack of interest and lack of skill of the general game community.

There are very few good players (most already part of the A clans), and way too many casual ones. CW inherently thrives on skill and diplomatic relations. Having none should be a big red flag if your intention is to play CW.

CW is stale right now because of a large share of the community is made up of casual, unskilled and whiny players, players who have no ambition to be any good and demand to be rewarded every time they fail just because they tried.

I blame this on pubs and shared XP. If there was no XP/credit reward for being bad and doing nothing for your team, people would not so readily complain about competitive clans beating them repeatedly. CWs are all about you, there won't be some skilled player on your side saving the day for you as it happens in PUGs.

Africa is full of newbie clans, and even those are much better than the other 90% of the clans who are not and will most likely never be on the map.

I wonder how long will it take for people to understand there will never be free handouts from WG for being bad in CW, and that it is all up to each one of you to get better with tanks to be able to compete in CW.

NargilFenris #20 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 12:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16068 battles
#12 & #13 Really show how WG really does not care about their player base. That is nice that it is working for you WG, but for those of us who work, have school and families, these rigid times at late hours are a no go. So saying that it is working for you is like saying to a person in a wheelchair, "well the stairs are working just fine for us and we have no intentions on making a ramp."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users