You Ask, We Reply: Clans and Ultimate Conquest Answers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
84 replies to this topic

xamichee #41 Posted Oct 05 2011 - 14:18

Private

• Players
  • 32784 battles

View Postionviol2, on Oct 04 2011 - 11:41, said:

One still needs that small group of players to be skilled in order to defend. Monopolies are always a direct result of overall lack of interest and lack of skill of the general game community.

There are very few good players (most already part of the A clans), and way too many casual ones. CW inherently thrives on skill and diplomatic relations. Having none should be a big red flag if your intention is to play CW.

CW is stale right now because of a large share of the community is made up of casual, unskilled and whiny players, players who have no ambition to be any good and demand to be rewarded every time they fail just because they tried.

The whole problem with the current landing structure is the that a ridiculously small number of players for a given clan or groups of clans can defend large expanses of territory because of programmed and artificial bottle necks. If these bottle necks were removed, you'd have to have a very large alliance of clans or a large number of players that are willing to defend lots of ground each night. The addition of other regions of the maps won't change this underlying structural issue.

I do agree that it's hard to find players that are actually willing to put in the time required to be effective, which will always be an issue. Many people seem to have an unrealistic expectation of their level of play and that required to compete in CW.

xamichee #42 Posted Oct 05 2011 - 14:20

Private

• Players
  • 32784 battles

View Postdarkstar3d, on Oct 05 2011 - 13:46, said:

This is why I don't do CW anymore.

1. I'm east coast and I'm a student with a job.
2. CW starts and you see 8 IS-7s for attack force, 5 Maus for defense force, and 2 T9 arty for GP.
3. If you are not one of the biggest tanks in your clan, you can forget getting into many matches after all that waiting.

Now, I play random and platoon, sometimes company. The game is fun again.

Quick correction there are only tier 8 arty not 9.

xamichee #43 Posted Oct 05 2011 - 19:39

Private

• Players
  • 32784 battles

View PostNargilFenris, on Oct 04 2011 - 12:21, said:

#12 & #13 Really show how WG really does not care about their player base. That is nice that it is working for you WG, but for those of us who work, have school and families, these rigid times at late hours are a no go. So saying that it is working for you is like saying to a person in a wheelchair, "well the stairs are working just fine for us and we have no intentions on making a ramp."

Well the current times are obviously working for the majority of players or the players are adjusting their schedules to make playing CW work for them. If this was an issue for a larger portion of the playing community, I'd expect they'd make changes. As my grandfather said, 'Son life's hard, you better get a helmet.'

ehetzel #44 Posted Oct 05 2011 - 19:51

Captain

• Players
  • 7808 battles
I really agree with both nobleplatoon and faut stianq the world of tanks admin is just making it harder and harder for low tier clans (tier 5-8) clans to really do anything in clan wars. I've gone through several clans (SWANS,TSS,FMNGS) and now I am at a tier 5-10 clan that is making cuts to lower tier members that are either just too low tier, don't participate or just are annoying to us. Even then it is extremely hard to get to the god dang finals let alone get to the actual owner battle which always has 15 tier 10 maus,is-7,e-100 and e-50 and pattons and t-54s ! This system is also forcing high tier members of clans that always lose in clan wars to join some super high tier group with all high tier tanks (10-8). Thanks alot world of tanks admin you just made it impossible for us to do anything until all of our clan gets tier 10 tanks.

2_minutes_hate #45 Posted Oct 05 2011 - 20:14

Captain

• Players
  • 10545 battles
  • [ADP] ADP

View PostGeneralGeorge, on Oct 04 2011 - 07:01, said:

YOU NEED to REVISE your thinking on #12 & #13

10pm EDT start of a battle for 2/3rds of the USA is to late!!  Then expect to goto 1am next day is outragious.

People DO WORK and goto school...................

8pm EDT is more reasonable
Unless youre on the West Coast

2_minutes_hate #46 Posted Oct 05 2011 - 20:16

Captain

• Players
  • 10545 battles
  • [ADP] ADP

View Postxamichee, on Oct 05 2011 - 19:39, said:

Well the current times are obviously working for the majority of players or the players are adjusting their schedules to make playing CW work for them. If this was an issue for a larger portion of the playing community, I'd expect they'd make changes. As my grandfather said, 'Son life's hard, you better get a helmet.'
+1 except i heard " pull up them big boy pants"

redhairdave #47 Posted Oct 06 2011 - 14:41

Major

• Players
  • 15875 battles
i just dont get how tank locking will hurt a big can at all. can anyone explain how it will have any negitive effect on a clan with over 300 cw tanks?

Puncha #48 Posted Oct 06 2011 - 23:19

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 20265 battles
  • [3PZG] 3PZG

View PostValkeiper, on Oct 05 2011 - 01:13, said:

actually, WoT is just the opposite.

WG.net has focused on adding game content (new tanks, new maps, ect) without fixing the problems of the system.

As somebody in another thread stated, it's like a restaurant adding more items on the menu when the waitress are rude and the cooks are lousy.

All this new gear is just to distract you from the fact they very slow to add end game content.

Oh and also make them more $$$ to spend on vodka and strippers as we seen in the utube video.

LittleBlackRainCloud #49 Posted Oct 11 2011 - 01:01

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 49330 battles
  • [FCF] FCF
Clan wars sux.

Played many times and the whiners here are almost entirely correct.

Hand out free rewards to which ever slice of the gaming community you want, but the facts are the facts small clans don't benefit from this system.

You segregate your community into the haves and the have nots.

The players aren't imbelically tied here, we have choices to play other games.

Simply because people still log in and play clan wars doesn't mean for one second they enjoy it.

They do it for the reward they will almost never see, and diversity of gameplay since 97% of the game for non mega guild players involves the exact same scenarios.

And if they do see a reward it's because they joined a monster clan.

Because you don't seperate levels of difficulty and the entry bar is so very high you effectively tell players to join a guild full of 18-26 year olds who have given up their real lives to play a damn game.

I'm not for making this game appeal to the general public, I hate WoW and I hate 95% of FPS shooters.

I do however enjoy a fair stretegy pvp game.

When you gave out free gold to PVP mega clans across the spectrum call it beta or whatever you want you effectively took that away.

face the truth of the matter and correct the problem so this wonderful game otherwise can breathe outside of it's yoked to MMO economics stupidity.

I paid a lot of money to you guys you did a bang up job, hell I would have opened my wallet during beta and have you tell me how much its worth and take freely.

But I am not paying 1 more damn dime until you stop feeding the PVP clans a free lunch, it's insulting to the rest of us.

You can make a fair and good amount of money the right way, and earn something worth far more than that ~ respect.

Word of mouth goes a long way, across the world, but you get nothing if you segregate and punish those who have the intelligence not to pay an get cheated of fair play.

LittleBlackRainCloud #50 Posted Oct 11 2011 - 01:11

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 49330 battles
  • [FCF] FCF
Show me the strategy, Jerry.

Show me the strategy!

Show me the strategy!

Cmn Jerry, show me the strategy!

LittleBlackRainCloud #51 Posted Oct 11 2011 - 01:21

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 49330 battles
  • [FCF] FCF
Of course this isn't the "time" for this or "place" but since it seems to be the most aptly available and visible My question is, when are you going to fix the terrible match making?

When 40% of my games in a KV are in tier 9 battles where is the glory in dying in the first 5 minutes?

I mean hell if those tier 9 battles were even maybe say 1 tier 9 1 tier 8 and a couple tier 7 support tanks I could see diversity and teamwork being the seed to the idea of it all.

But it's not ~ most of the time it's 3-6 tier 9s a couple tier 8s a couple tier 7s  some arty and then the slow fat KV  who is supposed to do what? hold a tier 8 or 9 heavies beer and dress in a skirt?

Seriously adress your mm, don't care if it's fair it's disliked almost unanimously and smells funny.

Also you need to crap or get off the pot, can arty or let them play in a fair arena . Every time I log into himmels dorf with my S-51 I get pretty hot under the collar.

address your match maker.

Trust me it will be well worth our developement time.

You have the goods of a great game, why not actually make it ahead of its time?

you won't be word of mouth famous if you don't aspire in this most basic regard.

Tank1911 #52 Posted Oct 11 2011 - 17:46

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10727 battles

View Postredhairdave, on Oct 06 2011 - 14:41, said:

i just dont get how tank locking will hurt a big can at all. can anyone explain how it will have any negitive effect on a clan with over 300 cw tanks?
Their tanks will also be locked out. If you only have 1 CW tank, whose fault is that? Grind a little harder .

Tank1911 #53 Posted Oct 11 2011 - 18:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10727 battles

View PostFurdinand, on Oct 11 2011 - 01:01, said:

Clan wars sux.

Played many times and the whiners here are almost entirely correct.

Hand out free rewards to which ever slice of the gaming community you want, but the facts are the facts small clans don't benefit from this system.
You segregate your community into the haves and the have nots.?
What's preventing small clan to get bigger, or grind your way to tier 10 like averyone else, Get better organized,  spend more time. This isn't communism where you are intitled to everything no matter if you worked hard or not.This is a end-game mode, if you're still on tier 8, you'really not there yet, have patience . Why you want to punish those who have more time for the game? If you only have few hours on the weekend , its ok, good for you , you have a life...
Oh and who is preventing you to apply to a bigger, or I'd say a better clan that's holding the land ?
Are you saying its fair to reward the better organized clans same as those that completely unorganized? I have 2 of my cooworkers play wot. and they are also members of some clan, they say they don't remember last time they talked or platooned. with their clansmen. They login once or twice a week... should they get rewarded same way as those that eat and breath clan life?

LittleBlackRainCloud #54 Posted Oct 13 2011 - 01:51

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 49330 battles
  • [FCF] FCF

View PostTank1911, on Oct 11 2011 - 18:01, said:

What's preventing small clan to get bigger, or grind your way to tier 10 like averyone else, Get better organized,  spend more time. This isn't communism where you are intitled to everything no matter if you worked hard or not.This is a end-game mode, if you're still on tier 8, you'really not there yet, have patience . Why you want to punish those who have more time for the game? If you only have few hours on the weekend , its ok, good for you , you have a life...
Oh and who is preventing you to apply to a bigger, or I'd say a better clan that's holding the land ?
Are you saying its fair to reward the better organized clans same as those that completely unorganized? I have 2 of my cooworkers play wot. and they are also members of some clan, they say they don't remember last time they talked or platooned. with their clansmen. They login once or twice a week... should they get rewarded same way as those that eat and breath clan life?

Frankly put, it's not my job sir to set aside extra personal time hours on an individual basis to jump hoops to play a game.

Who talking about communism or casual player rights?

I'm talking about being granted equal opportunity to enjoy a gaming platform.

there's no special rights petition here bud, I'm the one writing the checks.

But you are trying to make an issue that some are better people /players and therefore deserve greater rights/rewards.

I'm saying your on your own when I'm paying equally and recieving less for my money.

your saying they've earned it.

Show me how my dollars are any less valuable than theirs and I will drop the issue.

I'm not here to support a special class, lol. In the free world, if you're familiar with it I can take my money and spend where I like.

The ideal of might = right doesn't play out. what does play out is suiting different gaming challenges to different levels of opponents.

Pretty simple ideas actually.

college sports to professional

highschool sports to college

professional to elite.

Recognition for all, everyone plays a part everyone makes equal gain.

It's belligerently stupid to believe that somehow I or anyone else benefits greatly from smashing into the btob, just to play the game.

and don't bs me that is EXACTLY how this game plays out.

In every single event recognized in this game it has played out that way.

IN FACT, the botb guilds BY CHOICE have always opted for lower tier games . Why? Because they are easier. Duh.

No one cares about the recognition anyways. They want the loot.

Tolos #55 Posted Oct 13 2011 - 21:53

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostFurdinand, on Oct 13 2011 - 01:51, said:

Frankly put, it's not my job sir to set aside extra personal time hours on an individual basis to jump hoops to play a game.

Who talking about communism or casual player rights?

I'm talking about being granted equal opportunity to enjoy a gaming platform.

there's no special rights petition here bud, I'm the one writing the checks.

But you are trying to make an issue that some are better people /players and therefore deserve greater rights/rewards.

I'm saying your on your own when I'm paying equally and recieving less for my money.

your saying they've earned it.

Show me how my dollars are any less valuable than theirs and I will drop the issue.

I'm not here to support a special class, lol. In the free world, if you're familiar with it I can take my money and spend where I like.

The ideal of might = right doesn't play out. what does play out is suiting different gaming challenges to different levels of opponents.

Pretty simple ideas actually.

college sports to professional

highschool sports to college

professional to elite.

Recognition for all, everyone plays a part everyone makes equal gain.

It's belligerently stupid to believe that somehow I or anyone else benefits greatly from smashing into the btob, just to play the game.

and don't bs me that is EXACTLY how this game plays out.

In every single event recognized in this game it has played out that way.

IN FACT, the botb guilds BY CHOICE have always opted for lower tier games . Why? Because they are easier. Duh.

No one cares about the recognition anyways. They want the loot.

if you dont earn it you dont deserve it, people in the CW had to put time in to grind up CW tanks, why the hell should you be any different ?

i dont want equal, i want better players to be better then me so i have to up my game, Equal is BORING

If you dont wanna put the work in that fine dont, thats your CHOICE. but if you dont put in the hours or the battles then why the hell should you be equal with someone that has ??

and yes the better players DO deserve more then the bad ones simply because they are putting in the time to BE GOOD IN THE FIRST PLACE

time and again i see these kinda posts and its ALWAYS the " bad " players or the " IWIN " player that expect to do nothing and be as good as people that have played it longer. like i said before man up put the hours in, if you dont wanna do that then fine thats your choice.....but then you dont deserve to be as good as the people that do put the hours in

LittleBlackRainCloud #56 Posted Oct 14 2011 - 00:02

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 49330 battles
  • [FCF] FCF

View PostTigger66, on Oct 13 2011 - 21:53, said:

if you dont earn it you dont deserve it, people in the CW had to put time in to grind up CW tanks, why the hell should you be any different ?

i dont want equal, i want better players to be better then me so i have to up my game, Equal is BORING

If you dont wanna put the work in that fine dont, thats your CHOICE. but if you dont put in the hours or the battles then why the hell should you be equal with someone that has ??

and yes the better players DO deserve more then the bad ones simply because they are putting in the time to BE GOOD IN THE FIRST PLACE

time and again i see these kinda posts and its ALWAYS the " bad " players or the " IWIN " player that expect to do nothing and be as good as people that have played it longer. like i said before man up put the hours in, if you dont wanna do that then fine thats your choice.....but then you dont deserve to be as good as the people that do put the hours in

Well enjoy earning your gold, I have to pay for mine. And I stopped feeding this nonsense months ago.

I suppose you would throw children at gladiators too and say "Seize the day.", It's fair right?

Can always tell when I'm arguing with a teenager because of the complete lack conscience and depth.

Oh and for the record I have a 55% win ratio and over 12k games played soloing.

But go figure what do I know about the game?

You kids are all the same you only respect power.

It's alwasy the same millions spood fed spoiled brats ages 15-26 dictating what conscious adults should and shouldn't do in a game online, as if you even had a clue.

Maybe if you stopped to actually think before you voted you might actually learn something with age.

But go on with your bad self, go on with your money which you don't have to spend like I do.

It will be a cold day in hell before I spend money on a game that short changes me with my personal time and funds/feeds bs machevellian spoiled brats.

Tolos #57 Posted Oct 14 2011 - 08:04

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 25997 battles
  • [GDF] GDF

View PostFurdinand, on Oct 14 2011 - 00:02, said:

Well enjoy earning your gold, I have to pay for mine. And I stopped feeding this nonsense months ago.

I suppose you would throw children at gladiators too and say "Seize the day.", It's fair right?

Can always tell when I'm arguing with a teenager because of the complete lack conscience and depth.

Oh and for the record I have a 55% win ratio and over 12k games played soloing.

But go figure what do I know about the game?

You kids are all the same you only respect power.

It's alwasy the same millions spood fed spoiled brats ages 15-26 dictating what conscious adults should and shouldn't do in a game online, as if you even had a clue.

Maybe if you stopped to actually think before you voted you might actually learn something with age.

But go on with your bad self, go on with your money which you don't have to spend like I do.

It will be a cold day in hell before I spend money on a game that short changes me with my personal time and funds/feeds bs machevellian spoiled brats.

not gonna start a flame war because there is no point, however i will say tyvm for the kid remark, funny how the personal insults always come when people cant form a proper arguement

FYI im 35 years old, i just cant stand pretentious asses that feel they deserve the same as everyone else without doing anything for it, you dont wanna pay for gold thats fine....nobody really cares lol

PS again tyvm for the kid remark it gave me a good laugh

LittleBlackRainCloud #58 Posted Oct 15 2011 - 02:28

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 49330 battles
  • [FCF] FCF
You're not entitled anything buddy, if they give you anything it's out of grace. When you pay for your privelages then come start crap with me  about how bored you are with diverse levels of combat and how nubs always whine about wanting what you think you're entitled to.

Not only are you rude, you you apparently can't think past your own nose either. If I'm thinking your an immature teenager, it's for a good reason.

If you are not, then maybe you should check yourself out.

Hihibob #59 Posted Oct 15 2011 - 04:33

Captain

• Players
  • 3476 battles
Telling us to make an alliacne to rise up against the big boys is easier said than done.  <_<

MACstiffie #60 Posted Oct 17 2011 - 22:22

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 4331 battles
  • [SWFOX] SWFOX
Can anyone tell me how we can get my clan added to the CLAN war?   We have 70 in LBZ & the elite (NLBZ) has 15 or so

Africa is fine, where ever, my clan has many 10 & 9 and ready!!

I have had several friends who were like me in beta and been playing for a long time & dropped tons of cash on the game (me personally $700+) to stay prem, convert, buy prem tanks,  etc    

we are growing tired of playing same old maps over & over  

HOW CAN WE JOIN & WHEN !!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users