Jump to content


How to Capture Video in World of Tanks


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

DomoSapien #1 Posted Aug 21 2020 - 21:10

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 15213 battles
  • 1,464
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

Tankers, 

We've been seeing some questions about the best way to capture video - in case of violations that can't be reported via replay (such as teaming in Steel Hunter solo mode) or making short highlight clips - so I put together a little set of pictorials on how to capture video using nVidia GeForce Experience or the Microsoft/Xbox Game Bar that's built-in to Windows 10.

If you're looking for a more robust tool that will give you options to save clips real-time using the instant-replay feature, GeForce Experience will be a good tool for that.

If you just want something that's simple and easy to use, I recommend going the Microsoft route. 
 

MICROSOFT

 

 

NVIDIA

 

Both of these methods are fairly straightforward and easy to use.

Depending on the size of the resulting video file, you may be able to directly attach it to a Support Ticket (in case you want to report a violation) - but if it's too large, please feel free to upload it to Youtube (or another reputable video-hosting alternative) under an 'unlisted' link. That way, the only way to access the video would be via your direct video link.

If you're reporting a violation: Please make sure that all the relevant information is visible in the video clip. Offenders' usernames as well as any evidence showing a violation should be clearly visible in the clip.

And that's all there is to it! Thanks for your time and attention. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Edited by DomoSapien, Aug 21 2020 - 21:14.


GWyatt #2 Posted Aug 21 2020 - 21:18

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 5775 battles
  • 979
  • [VAN] VAN
  • Member since:
    11-23-2015
Thank you.

dnaman #3 Posted Aug 21 2020 - 21:20

    Major

  • Players
  • 34570 battles
  • 2,144
  • [CRZY] CRZY
  • Member since:
    06-09-2013
Good job, Domo.  One suggestion:  make your post show up in the staff posts section so more people will see it.  Right now it’s not showing up as a staff recent post.  

RHeadshot #4 Posted Aug 21 2020 - 21:26

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 10668 battles
  • 1,790
  • Member since:
    10-12-2018
How are they supposed to show user names if the user is playing under your silly anonymizer?

TragicLoss #5 Posted Aug 21 2020 - 21:45

    Stream Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 9153 battles
  • 559
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    03-01-2013
Ezpz

DomoSapien #6 Posted Aug 21 2020 - 22:22

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 15213 battles
  • 1,464
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

View PostRHeadshot, on Aug 21 2020 - 14:26, said:

How are they supposed to show user names if the user is playing under your silly anonymizer?


End video capture after reviewing their actual username in the postgame resutts screen.

View Postdnaman, on Aug 21 2020 - 14:20, said:

Good job, Domo.  One suggestion:  make your post show up in the staff posts section so more people will see it.  Right now it’s not showing up as a staff recent post.  

 
Yeah I just noticed there is some sillyness going on with my forum tags - for some reason I'm showing as a -player- and not -administrator-.


Thank you Tragic for the bump to ensure it shows in staff posts while I work on getting my permissions fixed up :)


Edited by DomoSapien, Aug 21 2020 - 22:23.


GWyatt #7 Posted Aug 21 2020 - 22:49

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 5775 battles
  • 979
  • [VAN] VAN
  • Member since:
    11-23-2015

View PostDomoSapien, on Aug 21 2020 - 16:22, said:


...Yeah I just noticed there is some sillyness going on with my forum tags - for some reason I'm showing as a -player- and not -administrator-....

 

Maybe you were demoted Domo and they forgot to tell you.



The_Illusive_Man #8 Posted Aug 21 2020 - 22:54

    Major

  • Game Knowledge Expert
  • 13378 battles
  • 4,705
  • Member since:
    08-30-2014

View PostDomoSapien, on Aug 21 2020 - 17:22, said:


End video capture after reviewing their actual username in the postgame resutts screen.

 
Yeah I just noticed there is some sillyness going on with my forum tags - for some reason I'm showing as a -player- and not -administrator-.


Thank you Tragic for the bump to ensure it shows in staff posts while I work on getting my permissions fixed up :)

 

No! Domo not being an Admin! 

 

Also, nice job!

 

As for the game mode/ game bar, it seems Microsoft (hehe) actually fixed it. Sorta. When not on (game mode) my PC actually performs worse.... 



DomoSapien #9 Posted Aug 21 2020 - 23:58

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 15213 battles
  • 1,464
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

View PostGWyatt, on Aug 21 2020 - 15:49, said:

 

Maybe you were demoted Domo and they forgot to tell you.

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Aug 21 2020 - 15:54, said:

 

No! Domo not being an Admin! 

 

Also, nice job!

 

As for the game mode/ game bar, it seems Microsoft (hehe) actually fixed it. Sorta. When not on (game mode) my PC actually performs worse.... 


Don't worry fellas, it's not the first time this bug has come up, it just randomly happens sometimes when we change stuff in the admin panel. I'm still here :)

Should be all fixed up by next week. Actually changing your forum tags to "Game Knowledge Expert" is what reset my tags I think. 



RHeadshot #10 Posted Aug 22 2020 - 02:15

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 10668 battles
  • 1,790
  • Member since:
    10-12-2018

View PostDomoSapien, on Aug 21 2020 - 22:22, said:


End video capture after reviewing their actual username in the postgame resutts screen.

 
Yeah I just noticed there is some sillyness going on with my forum tags - for some reason I'm showing as a -player- and not -administrator-.


Thank you Tragic for the bump to ensure it shows in staff posts while I work on getting my permissions fixed up :)

Where it's not caught in the video.  And frankly, I'm not confident your "support" people care enough or are competent enough to figure it out.



The_Illusive_Man #11 Posted Aug 22 2020 - 04:44

    Major

  • Game Knowledge Expert
  • 13378 battles
  • 4,705
  • Member since:
    08-30-2014

View PostDomoSapien, on Aug 21 2020 - 18:58, said:


Don't worry fellas, it's not the first time this bug has come up, it just randomly happens sometimes when we change stuff in the admin panel. I'm still here :)

Should be all fixed up by next week. Actually changing your forum tags to "Game Knowledge Expert" is what reset my tags I think. 

 

It knows!



Jaspo #12 Posted Sep 02 2020 - 02:53

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 34616 battles
  • 583
  • [SLUGZ] SLUGZ
  • Member since:
    03-12-2015
Should I do a compilation video of the impossible bounces of 40% of all on-target AP rounds I've fired in the past year? Seriously, fix that crap.

BaconMeLoveIt #13 Posted Sep 02 2020 - 08:59

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 15268 battles
  • 2,520
  • [VX] VX
  • Member since:
    06-10-2016
I play on very low graphics setting so I need to use the replay file.

GhostWrecker4 #14 Posted Sep 02 2020 - 09:48

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 13176 battles
  • 9
  • [T-Y-R] T-Y-R
  • Member since:
    02-12-2018

View PostDomoSapien, on Aug 21 2020 - 21:10, said:

Tankers, 

We've been seeing some questions about the best way to capture video - in case of violations that can't be reported via replay (such as teaming in Steel Hunter solo mode) or making short highlight clips - so I put together a little set of pictorials on how to capture video using nVidia GeForce Experience or the Microsoft/Xbox Game Bar that's built-in to Windows 10.

If you're looking for a more robust tool that will give you options to save clips real-time using the instant-replay feature, GeForce Experience will be a good tool for that.

If you just want something that's simple and easy to use, I recommend going the Microsoft route. 
 

MICROSOFT

 

 

NVIDIA

 

Both of these methods are fairly straightforward and easy to use.

Depending on the size of the resulting video file, you may be able to directly attach it to a Support Ticket (in case you want to report a violation) - but if it's too large, please feel free to upload it to Youtube (or another reputable video-hosting alternative) under an 'unlisted' link. That way, the only way to access the video would be via your direct video link.

If you're reporting a violation: Please make sure that all the relevant information is visible in the video clip. Offenders' usernames as well as any evidence showing a violation should be clearly visible in the clip.

And that's all there is to it! Thanks for your time and attention. I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Thanx For the Info.....BUT.....when i submit my entry ....it says "file size too big".....Am I wasting my time with this???...I think that I am!!!...but I'll give it 1 more try....gl.....hf all!!!



hoggerdpl #15 Posted Sep 06 2020 - 15:27

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 68487 battles
  • 125
  • [GDS] GDS
  • Member since:
    06-14-2012
How do I clip the replay file ? I didn’t record anything during the battle like you did. All I have is the replay file to clip and change to mp4. Anyone help me?

Outamyhead #16 Posted Sep 07 2020 - 22:43

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 25772 battles
  • 68
  • [ROOK] ROOK
  • Member since:
    09-24-2012

View PostGhostWrecker4, on Sep 02 2020 - 00:48, said:

Thanx For the Info.....BUT.....when i submit my entry ....it says "file size too big".....Am I wasting my time with this???...I think that I am!!!...but I'll give it 1 more try....gl.....hf all!!!

 

Change the quality of the clip, 720P is still fine for a video and it will reduce the file size a little, you need to be under 100MB, and the clip can be a maximum of 60 seconds.



hoggerdpl #17 Posted Sep 07 2020 - 23:21

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 68487 battles
  • 125
  • [GDS] GDS
  • Member since:
    06-14-2012
How do I edit my replay clip?

Kento100 #18 Posted Sep 11 2020 - 17:15

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 29739 battles
  • 12
  • [-OPS-] -OPS-
  • Member since:
    07-22-2013
Domo is still a player still bugged lol

Kento100 #19 Posted Sep 11 2020 - 17:17

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 29739 battles
  • 12
  • [-OPS-] -OPS-
  • Member since:
    07-22-2013

View Posthoggerdpl, on Sep 07 2020 - 22:21, said:

How do I edit my replay clip?

Well I used Vegas Pro from my humble bundle purchase but you can use the free Davinci resolve to edit video also.



MotoMojo #20 Posted Oct 01 2020 - 14:41

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 3539 battles
  • 7
  • [-UD-] -UD-
  • Member since:
    07-28-2020
Where do I go to watch and vote for the best recordings? Also, how would I know if I won? will it let me know in game or via Email, or?




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users