Jump to content


Incoming! Vehicle trade in event is on!


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

KRZYBooP #1 Posted Aug 21 2020 - 22:44

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 4738 battles
  • 1,171
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    08-10-2015

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

 

Tired of some of your premium tanks? Wanna try out that new ride without paying full price?

 

 

Check out our vehicle trade in event going on now (21Aug) and running until 31Aug.

 

For more information on this event click HERE.

 

GL Tank On



Bath_Toast #2 Posted Aug 21 2020 - 23:19

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 4829 battles
  • 385
  • [-PACK] -PACK
  • Member since:
    11-15-2014

I suppose I'm not fully understanding how this works.

 

On the page it says "Players has an opportunity to get" and not every tank they have listed is present in the trade in list. 

 

Does this whole trade in thing change day to day? I was looking to swap up my old Super P in for a Lowe but its not listed as a trade in option....?

 

The website page for the trade in you linked doesnt mention anything about shuffling selections or the like at all it seems...

 

Do I have the big stoopids or is there something actually amiss here? Because theres a chance i totally missed something

 

 

Edit: Part of my message got cut off somehow, whoops! :P


Edited by Bath_Toast, Aug 21 2020 - 23:21.


huangyboy #3 Posted Aug 21 2020 - 23:58

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 4439 battles
  • 11
  • [SHEEN] SHEEN
  • Member since:
    08-09-2016

View PostBath_Toast, on Aug 21 2020 - 23:19, said:

On the page it says "Players has an opportunity to get" and not every tank they have listed is present in the trade in list. 

 

Does this whole trade in thing change day to day? I was looking to swap up my old Super P in for a Lowe but its not listed as a trade in option....?

Chances are that you still have the 40 battle rental tanks (fv 4202, strv s1, wz 120 1g ft, lowe), which prevents you from trading a tank in for one of those tanks. All you need to do is play the amount of battles you have left in the lowe, remove the rental, then it should appear in the trade in list. The tanks that can be obtained are just the tech tree tanks.



JohnnyBlazin #4 Posted Aug 22 2020 - 00:34

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 14909 battles
  • 397
  • Member since:
    03-06-2012
So trade in 3-5 MEH tanks for 1 MEH tank........no thanks

CremeFraiche1 #5 Posted Aug 22 2020 - 00:41

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 14672 battles
  • 328
  • [SADGE] SADGE
  • Member since:
    10-19-2015
The AMX CDC is not in the store for trade, but its on the list.

Bath_Toast #6 Posted Aug 22 2020 - 00:51

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 4829 battles
  • 385
  • [-PACK] -PACK
  • Member since:
    11-15-2014

View Posthuangyboy, on Aug 21 2020 - 17:58, said:

Chances are that you still have the 40 battle rental tanks (fv 4202, strv s1, wz 120 1g ft, lowe), which prevents you from trading a tank in for one of those tanks. All you need to do is play the amount of battles you have left in the lowe, remove the rental, then it should appear in the trade in list. The tanks that can be obtained are just the tech tree tanks.

Ah, that may be the case. Always have rentals hidden so I didnt even think of that possibility. Thanks dude! Ill check that.



LeaveIT2Beaver #7 Posted Aug 22 2020 - 01:37

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 39756 battles
  • 10,422
  • [ZAYIN] ZAYIN
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

Still can't get rid of the ISU-130

 



stevezaxx #8 Posted Aug 22 2020 - 02:22

    Captain

  • Players
  • 42849 battles
  • 1,512
  • [COD] COD
  • Member since:
    08-02-2011

Once again they have forgotten to take THIS :

Camo, emblems, and inscriptions on the trade-in vehicle will go to the Depot; however, as they’re vehicle-bound, you can only use them again if you get the vehicle back in the future

paragraph out of the notes for trade -ins. this hasn't been relevant since they have unlocked external elements several patches ( several YEARS ) ago.



bake3020 #9 Posted Aug 22 2020 - 02:30

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 134 battles
  • 937
  • [-BAT-] -BAT-
  • Member since:
    11-03-2011
If the vehicle your trading is is at a discount then so should the vehicle your swapping for be.  Take the T-44-100, notice that it's not on the list and it's not discounted either.  That would be the only one I would even begin to consider, given the current idiom of things.  However, my moratorium still applies and I am not going to spend a single dime on this game.

prariefox #10 Posted Aug 22 2020 - 05:57

    Private

  • Players
  • 6192 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    06-18-2011
Ok, here it is. Why do i have to pay gold for the new tank i want to trade for with my old tank that has more value? Like i want to trade the Loewe what is valued for 5600 gold, against the T26E5 what is valued for 3100 plus 1000 gold for 100% crew what totals for 4100 Gold. So if i do that it want's me to pay 4100 Gold to get that new tank. That don't make no sense at all, that i have to pay for that tank gold again, because i have already paid gold for the first tank i want to trade in, and now i have to pay again gold for the new tank. If that runs that way, then i don't need that crap. Sorry.

Digital_Malamute #11 Posted Aug 22 2020 - 10:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 49422 battles
  • 10,360
  • [SHIMP] SHIMP
  • Member since:
    09-02-2011

Why would I trade in a powercrept WorldofWarGimmick neglected tank, give you more gold ($$$) to get a newer Tier 8 premium that will live in Tier 10 games like my current powecrept tanks do?  How about stop powercreeping vehicles into obscurity WorldofWarGimmick?

 

See my signature.



Casual_Boops #12 Posted Aug 22 2020 - 15:11

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 38739 battles
  • 2,124
  • [REL2] REL2
  • Member since:
    05-14-2015

View Poststevezaxx, on Aug 21 2020 - 19:22, said:

Once again they have forgotten to take THIS :

Camo, emblems, and inscriptions on the trade-in vehicle will go to the Depot; however, as they’re vehicle-bound, you can only use them again if you get the vehicle back in the future

paragraph out of the notes for trade -ins. this hasn't been relevant since they have unlocked external elements several patches ( several YEARS ) ago.

 

Some camos are only for certain tanks. My Lorraine, for instance, has a really cool camo that can only go on that tank.



stevezaxx #13 Posted Aug 22 2020 - 18:26

    Captain

  • Players
  • 42849 battles
  • 1,512
  • [COD] COD
  • Member since:
    08-02-2011

View PostCasual_Boops, on Aug 22 2020 - 09:11, said:

 

Some camos are only for certain tanks. My Lorraine, for instance, has a really cool camo that can only go on that tank.

Well I had not considered that. And you are right that "dedicated" cammos will, of course, not to on any other tank. But the sentence i highlighted, that at used, is the same sentence they have been using since the FIRST trade-off event, which was back when cammos were ALL locked to the TANK you put them on!



Lance_Stratos #14 Posted Aug 22 2020 - 18:29

    Private

  • Beta Testers
  • 20353 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011
I'd trade in my T34 for the Renegade, but no. You sell a take one week and then get rid of it the next and you cannot buy it for another 6 months. Just keep all these tanks available for trade in and make the premium trade in permanent. 

prariefox #15 Posted Aug 22 2020 - 21:32

    Private

  • Players
  • 6192 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    06-18-2011
well no answer, that means that it will be that way, so no go for me at all. Will not do that pay anther time gold for that exchange. Keep the discount, this is not worth it.

Grendalf #16 Posted Aug 23 2020 - 15:32

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 26416 battles
  • 82
  • [CAMLT] CAMLT
  • Member since:
    07-02-2016

View PostDigital_Malamute, on Aug 22 2020 - 02:12, said:

Why would I trade in a powercrept WorldofWarGimmick neglected tank, give you more gold ($$$) to get a newer Tier 8 premium that will live in Tier 10 games like my current powecrept tanks do?  How about stop powercreeping vehicles into obscurity WorldofWarGimmick?

 

See my signature.

Agree, and...the "new" tank you will get has also been powercrept, as none of the newer, higher alpha tanks can be received. Not a lot of benefit here, unless you just really have something you want as a crew trainer, etc. I have actually been thinking, as I am scaling back on this game due to the bad MM and such, that I may sell a few premiums for credits. I know, not a great plan either, but if you are scaling back and don't want the other powercrept tanks, why not? I am no longer spending money on this game, anyway.



prariefox #17 Posted Aug 23 2020 - 20:50

    Private

  • Players
  • 6192 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    06-18-2011

yup maybe sell the Loewe for Credits too, so far no answer form any offical, so i call this thing BS and move on. And you are right Grendalf, i have right now some Premium running, but the way it goes right now, i don't know if i even consider to extend it anymore. it is all about the $ making here and not about fair fights anymore, only Gold round jockeys down to Tier 2, and credit and exp farming down to Tier 2 form Clan members that screw your fun experience completely up. When i started in 2011 that was some fun there, but now it is only Dollar machine and greed here.

 



MrTankerson #18 Posted Aug 24 2020 - 00:26

    Private

  • Players
  • 6468 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    01-11-2012
The AMX Chasseur de chars is on the list of available trade-in's but I'm not seeing it in store.  Is there something I'm missing?

J35T32 #19 Posted Aug 24 2020 - 04:17

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 29562 battles
  • 247
  • Member since:
    03-17-2011

View PostMrTankerson, on Aug 23 2020 - 17:26, said:

The AMX Chasseur de chars is on the list of available trade-in's but I'm not seeing it in store.  Is there something I'm missing?

i submitted a ticket to wargaming to ask about that, i got a response that it was forwarded to the devs to look into. 



Gr1mcore #20 Posted Aug 24 2020 - 16:49

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 25404 battles
  • 674
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011
I have the T34 and Patriot, I'd like to get rid of the T34, which one would be nice to get? I won't spend a dime on this.




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users