random odd things seen in game

XP MOE

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

spud_tuber #1 Posted Aug 24 2020 - 04:53

Major

• Players
  • 65999 battles

First odd thing.  How did the failed to load M103 in the pics below end up with more XP than some of the active players on the team?

Spoiler

Second random thing. Following pics are from back to back games. Look at the listed combined and the MOE changes..

Spoiler

Finally, check out these T30 stats.  

Spoiler

I'm afraid I may have made mildy disparaging remarks about him during battle.  He followed me to garage with an aggressively worded question about what I meant, and didn't much like the answer judging by his response.  With my curiosity awoken, I looked him up and got the above surprise.  Made me wish even more that I'd just kept my fingers off the keyboard during the battle.

First to correctly guess what about his play drew my ire gets an atta boy. 

edit: and a 4th thing. failed to load/afk player getting carried to CC medal

Spoiler

Edited by spud_tuber, Aug 24 2020 - 05:04.

Korvick #2 Posted Aug 24 2020 - 05:07

Major

• Players
  • 4622 battles

1) Hmm, maybe I"m reading things wrong but what is it about the M103s results are you querying?  Its showing that he did better than the other two zero damage guys so I"m not sure what you mean by "more active" 

2) LOL, too many colours mate.  I don't know what you mean about the MOE changes

3) He could just suck at the T30.  Decent damage ratio.  (and by decent I mean more than 1:1, I'm a really soft judge)  Sometimes some people just dont click with a tank.  I suck at the E50 but all the other tanks in that line I do well in.

spud_tuber #3 Posted Aug 24 2020 - 05:14

Major

• Players
  • 65999 battles
The M103 failed to load into battle.  Didn't move from his spawn location, and probably wasn't ever spotted by the opposing team, considering how effectively we rolled them up.   Other 2 zero damage players were actually driving their tanks, and taking shots at the reds.  One even spotted a red.

If the numbers on the battle summary are accurate,  the MOE went down with a 3600 combined battle and then up with a 2700 combined.  I'll admit I didn't check stats to see if mod was right, so it could be a mod error.

Korvick #4 Posted Aug 24 2020 - 05:16

Major

• Players
  • 4622 battles

View Postspud_tuber, on Aug 24 2020 - 04:14, said:

The M103 failed to load into battle. Didn't move from his spawn location, and probably wasn't ever spotted by the opposing team, considering how effectively we rolled them up. Other 2 zero damage players were actually driving their tanks, and taking shots at the reds. One even spotted a red.

Ah, kk, that makes more sense.  If the M103 failed to ever load in then there must be something amiss.  Every time I've seen a tank fail to load in at all they come up with zero zero at the end of the game.  Though, even if he loaded in late, thats still strange that he got as much exp as he did.

spud_tuber #5 Posted Aug 24 2020 - 05:21

Major

• Players
  • 65999 battles

View PostKorvick, on Aug 23 2020 - 22:16, said:

Ah, kk, that makes more sense.  If the M103 failed to ever load in then there must be something amiss.  Every time I've seen a tank fail to load in at all they come up with zero zero at the end of the game.  Though, even if he loaded in late, thats still strange that he got as much exp as he did.

Discos I've seen the 0 XP.  I'd thought failures to load still got XP, but maybe they don't.  Either  way, he has all 0 for stats. Never moved,  never fired his gun,  no assist, no hits taken, etc.  He did survive, I guess,  which gets some kind of XP bonus... *shrug* 

I_QQ_4_U #6 Posted Aug 24 2020 - 05:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 28138 battles
Judging by the extremely low spotted count the T30 player doesn't like playing up front. Might play a lot of TD's and SPG's, so I'm guessing he was camping in the back which isn't the best way to play the T30.

Korvick #7 Posted Aug 24 2020 - 05:24

Major

• Players
  • 4622 battles

View Postspud_tuber, on Aug 24 2020 - 04:21, said:

Discos I've seen the 0 XP.  I'd thought failures to load still got XP, but maybe they don't.  Either  way, he has all 0 for stats. Never moved,  never fired his gun,  no assist, no hits taken, etc.  He did survive, I guess,  which gets some kind of XP bonus... *shrug* 

I always used to think you got exp just for being near damage being done.  Which is how sometimes you see tanks earn exp just "for being there".  But I'm pretty sure somebody shot this down for me years ago.

spud_tuber #8 Posted Aug 24 2020 - 05:30

Major

• Players
  • 65999 battles

View PostI_QQ_4_U, on Aug 23 2020 - 22:21, said:

Judging by the extremely low spotted count the T30 player doesn't like playing up front. Might play a lot of TD's and SPG's, so I'm guessing he was camping in the back which isn't the best way to play the T30.

Yeap, that's it.  The survival vs win rate also suggests very passive play.

Top tier on sand river.  Never left the spawn area, did about 2/3 of his damage in the battle after it was effectively lost.  My comment was to the effect of "look at this full health T30 with the battle already over".  When he asked what I meant, I told him that he'd let his teammates die by not getting his HP, armor, and gun into the battle while it was still in doubt.  I don't remember many TDs or SPGs in his stats, but honestly it was a while back I took the pic, so my memory may be failing me.

dunniteowl #9 Posted Aug 24 2020 - 05:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 33382 battles

First curious moment I'd wager you got more XP because your tank survived the battle.  Even though those other two 'did stuff' they weren't all that active.  The IS fired six shots with a total hit/penetration value of ZERO the AMX spotted one tank and was waxed.  Neither of them did much that garners XP.  You do get a survival bonus of some small amount, so I believe that's why you got more XP.  Also, might they be NOT on premium and you are?  That could also answer that.

Second Item:  You are NOT the only one attempting to MOE that tank.  Thus, as you play, so do they.  Even though you did really well, someone else must have done much better in the tank and skewed the numbers so that you have to work a bit 'harder' than you already are to get there.  It's a constantly moving target and you have to respect that.

Third on base.  No idea, can't help you with this one.  I find that it is generally better NOT to make any negative comments to fellow players, no matter how richly deserved one might believe it to be.

Fourth...  Hmm.  Totally possible that, unfortunately, he didn't last long, but his Platoon mates made up for it.  After all, between the three of them, they're responsible for 12 tanks of the Red Team.  Yeah, he got carried, but did you check out his plat. mates and him as a combined unit and see what might have been the case?  It's pretty clear, though that this guy was teaming with a really good pair of players and it's just as likely the third guy was close to the same level of ability and just had a bad moment early on.

Those are just 'off the top of my head' responses.  I think if you look at weirdness or 'out of the expected' things you notice and then reflect on how the world generally operates, you can figure crap out in just about any subject which you have a bit of experience.  And, if you do it often enough, you are wind up being right in your estimates more often then not.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Aug 24 2020 - 05:41.

Manimal__ #10 Posted Aug 24 2020 - 05:40

Major

• Players
  • 47966 battles

View Postspud_tuber, on Aug 23 2020 - 19:53, said:

This one is my favorite. I'm going to send those guys a message to invite me to platoon while I'm at work. I could use extra medals for doing nothing.

spud_tuber #11 Posted Aug 24 2020 - 06:08

Major

• Players
  • 65999 battles

View Postdunniteowl, on Aug 23 2020 - 22:36, said:

*snip*

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Note I wasn't the M103 in question (no highlight on him).  Probably was the survival bonus, though.

Those games are literally back to back.  You can look at the time stamps to see that there's like 5 minutes between them. Seriously doubt the MOE requirements changed that much over that time period.  Bug either in game or in the mod seems much more likely. 

Yeah, already admitted I should have kept my fingers off the keyboard.  QQ figured out what was odd about the stats, though.

On 4, you may be right.   Found the pic while browsing my imgur, so don't fully remember all the details, but iirc he was a failure to load rather than an overextended.  Only reason I posted it was because I'd recently been in a discussion regarding getting various medals when afk.  I'll also admit I was worthless in said battle, and I'm not ragging on him, just posting an unusual occurrence.  And yeah, the whole toon was good, iirc.

stevezaxx #12 Posted Aug 24 2020 - 08:09

Captain

• Players
  • 44302 battles
  • [COD] COD
MOE is based on your recent games vs. server averages of others... Dunno how many of your games count, but you clearly had a "Very Good Game"  just get pushed off the other end of your recents.

NeatoMan #13 Posted Aug 24 2020 - 13:35

Major

• Players
  • 30963 battles
  • [ROXY] ROXY

MOE is a running average IIRC.   So you must have had an oustanding game drop off the end of the list, which was replaced by results from your second battle.

As far as the M103, different tanks have different XP multipliers.  It's what made ranked battles so frustrating.  i got beaten out by tanks that did far less than me, yet received more XP.  I wish I could find the screenshots, but I had one where my E50 did more damage (all from close range and my own spotting) and assist damage than an IS 7 that did almost nothing all game, except block less than I did in damage.  I stopped playing ranked battles after that one.

GeneralButtBuster #14 Posted Aug 24 2020 - 16:00

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3274 battles

View Postspud_tuber, on Aug 24 2020 - 04:53, said:

First odd thing.  How did the failed to load M103 in the pics below end up with more XP than some of the active players on the team?

Spoiler

Second random thing. Following pics are from back to back games. Look at the listed combined and the MOE changes..

Spoiler

Finally, check out these T30 stats.  

Spoiler

I'm afraid I may have made mildy disparaging remarks about him during battle.  He followed me to garage with an aggressively worded question about what I meant, and didn't much like the answer judging by his response.  With my curiosity awoken, I looked him up and got the above surprise.  Made me wish even more that I'd just kept my fingers off the keyboard during the battle.

First to correctly guess what about his play drew my ire gets an atta boy. 

edit: and a 4th thing. failed to load/afk player getting carried to CC medal

Spoiler

1. First off, RIP IS, looks like he had a rough game with arty. Secondly, I am guessing that it has something to do with him getting a higher damage ratio(maybe) or being of a higher tier(maybe, thought it had no effect, but seems possible).

2. The battles from what I can tell were played on the same date, and with roughly the same MoE percentage, so I dont really know why they are going up/down the way they are except that maybe your mod glitched. Edit: Also, I see others saying that a bad game just dropped off, which makes sense.

Edited by GeneralButtBuster, Aug 24 2020 - 16:05.

Also tagged with XP, MOE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users