Crashing/Freezing on Start

1 reply to this topic

Da1niper #1 Posted Aug 31 2020 - 23:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 19599 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-

Hello! I have tried to fix this issue on my own, and I have not been able to resolve my issue. Here is what happened. Note: The 3 way SLI cards are for Star Citizen and completely OP for WoT... Hahah. I also submitted a ticket, but decided to see if any of you could help me first. I've been playing for nearly 9 or 10 years and never had this issue before.

-Game was running fine
-Installed new M.2 drive
-Uninstalled WoT/WoWS and WGLauncher
-Reinstalled WGLauncher on M.2
-Reinstalled WoT
-Started WoT just fine, got into garage.
-Quit
-Powered Down
-Installed GTX 980 Kingpin to the 2 existing. (Now Running 3 Kingpins in SLI)
-Checked to make sure SLI was DEACTIVATED (It was deactivated as well with 2 cards due to graphical bugs I was getting
-Click play game
-World of Tanks starts and gets to loading screen, just past half way it stops. If I Alt-Tab the screen goes black and I cannot close WoT of see any other screen.
-Powered down
-Uninstalled 3rd Kingpin
-Booted
-Click play game
-World of Tanks starts and gets to loading screen, just past half way it stops. If I Alt-Tab the screen goes black and I cannot close WoT of see any other screen.
-Uninstalled WoT
-Reinstalled WoT with same startup result, stopping half way through startup.
Notes: No mods have been installed, game is completely Vanilla. I used to run Aslain's years ago, but got tired of updating and have gone Vanilla for a while.

Here is my PC's Setup;
OS- Windows 10 64 Bit
MB- ASUS RAMPAGE V Extreme
CPU- Intel i7-5960X
RAM- 16 Gig Corsair
GPU- 3 EVGA Nvidia 980 Ti Kingpins in 3 way SLI
HD- Samsung 1TB 970 M.2, Boot drive is Samsung 256g M.2
PSU- 1000w Corsair Platinum
I use Avast for virus protection
AVG running Temp is 36C

Christojojo #2 Posted Sep 01 2020 - 00:25

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 38481 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP
I would suspect it is your m2 competing with bandwidth with you GFX cards one of them is probably on a shared band. Thus causing problems. If you have the time and gumption you could remove two of the cards to see if the game boots then add the second and see if it works then. (JUST REMEMBER TO POWER DOWN before swapping) If it works with two trade spots to the area the second one runs and sees if it boots the game up. Then obviously add the third the third.

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users