620 battles, interesting winrate stats. Draw your own conclusions.

winrate stats premium boosters booster wins losses

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

MaximumUnderdrive #41 Posted Sep 02 2020 - 07:05

Captain

• Players
  • 32561 battles
  • [ONION] ONION

View Postspud_tuber, on Sep 02 2020 - 01:58, said:

Invites people to draw their own conclusions....

Gets mad when they do...

first day on the innernets?

noone wants to hear your opinion, only for you to confirm their opinion.

Zombie_Snuggles #42 Posted Sep 02 2020 - 07:28

Captain

• -Players-
  • 31610 battles
  • [9KGTD] 9KGTD

View Postspud_tuber, on Sep 02 2020 - 02:58, said:

Gets mad when they do...

LOL you win the forum slap down!

Zombie_Snuggles #43 Posted Sep 02 2020 - 07:34

Captain

• -Players-
  • 31610 battles
  • [9KGTD] 9KGTD

View Post8_Hussars, on Sep 02 2020 - 05:38, said:

1037 battles, interesting winrate stats. Draw your own conclusions.

Posted Image

You're better at lower tiers! I win! But wait we all are better at lower tiers! hmmmmmm.....

NateRocko #44 Posted Sep 02 2020 - 11:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 1659 battles
  • [KTSHA] KTSHA
This thread went down well. :popcorn:

DrWho_ #45 Posted Sep 02 2020 - 13:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 35822 battles
  • [B-S-B] B-S-B

View Postspud_tuber, on Sep 02 2020 - 02:58, said:

Gets mad when they do...

Short and to the point, I like it

In other news I had a quick look at OP's stats ......

Last 60 days shows 725 battles and a WR of 55% which makes me curious about when this 44% stuff took place because it looks like he's had a great time recently

Edited by DrWho_, Sep 02 2020 - 13:08.

Firemoth #46 Posted Sep 02 2020 - 13:29

Major

• Players
  • 40033 battles

my indepth conclusion from your posted stats:

press RRR and become lordsheen's disciple. it will have about the same effect on your W/R and you can get through more games, thus maximizing xp/minute on your tanks.

Oh_Hell #47 Posted Sep 02 2020 - 14:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34734 battles
I wouldn't be surprised by anything these guys do anymore. I do think most things involve a lot of alcohol and an odd Russian sense of humor, which would explain the clown cars. 

DrWho_ #48 Posted Sep 02 2020 - 14:13

Major

• -Players-
  • 35822 battles
  • [B-S-B] B-S-B

View PostOh_Hell, on Sep 02 2020 - 14:03, said:

I wouldn't be surprised by anything these guys do anymore. I do think most things involve a lot of alcohol and an odd Russian sense of humor, which would explain the clown cars. 

Surprised .... not really but stuff like hurting peoples' WR if they spend money on a Premium account makes no sense. I could see them increasing their WR somehow, giving them better MM/RNG or whatever, but why on earth would you punish people for spending money ?

That makes no sense, not even in Belarus

I_QQ_4_U #49 Posted Sep 02 2020 - 15:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 27440 battles

View PostDrWho_, on Sep 02 2020 - 14:13, said:

Surprised .... not really but stuff like hurting peoples' WR if they spend money on a Premium account makes no sense. I could see them increasing their WR somehow, giving them better MM/RNG or whatever, but why on earth would you punish people for spending money ?

That makes no sense, not even in Belarus

Making sense isn't the strong point of these kind of threads.

Goat_Rodeo #50 Posted Sep 02 2020 - 15:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 18523 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4
Your last sample size for the highest win rate is substantially smaller than the rest. If you had have played a few hundred more battles in that last category, you could have easily sunk the win rate below 50%. 

Says #51 Posted Sep 02 2020 - 16:06

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19064 battles
  • [FUWG] FUWG
Something that I have noticed is a direct correlation to my WR progression chart and my WN8 progression chart if enough of a sample is considered.  The more damage I do and the better I play I see a corresponding increase in my WR.  Its tough to take a few hundred games and make much of an analysis.  You need a few thousand to start seeing any kind of trend beyond how much I drink on which night :D

Kani_Bist #52 Posted Sep 02 2020 - 16:15

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14247 battles
  • [CRIMZ] CRIMZ

View PostNateRocko, on Sep 01 2020 - 20:48, said:

When you play with boosters, you feel inclined to make the most of them. And thus you push yourself into "extreme tryhard mode", which actually results in you performing significantly worse than you would if you were just playing normally. It's not the boosters, it's you.

The silly stories you cheerleaders make up to *splain* away any negative fact about WOT amuses me.

I like the one where my win% is steadily decreasing while every other stat increases so folks like you (who have NEVER played a game with me) decide that now I'm back camping for end game damage (in a 2 minute game lol). Or that you got killed by arty because you are so good lol and they targeted you.

Edited by Kani_Bist, Sep 02 2020 - 16:16.

AllieOop2 #53 Posted Sep 02 2020 - 16:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostMarkd73, on Sep 02 2020 - 03:40, said:

Seriously? You tell people to draw their own conclusions and then immediately try and dismiss someone who does exactly that.

I bought a new box of crayons to draw mine now your telling me it was already done...damn the world we live on.

NateRocko #54 Posted Sep 02 2020 - 16:28

Captain

• -Players-
  • 1659 battles
  • [KTSHA] KTSHA

View PostKani_Bist, on Sep 02 2020 - 10:15, said:

The silly stories you cheerleaders make up to *splain* away any negative fact about WOT amuses me.

I like the one where my win% is steadily decreasing while every other stat increases so folks like you (who have NEVER played a game with me) decide that now I'm back camping for end game damage (in a 2 minute game lol). Or that you got killed by arty because you are so good lol and they targeted you.

We tell these "silly stories" because it ISN'T Wargaming's fault. It doesn't benifit them in any way if they rig the game for one particular person or another. And we all know WG has a well-known record for being money-oriented, so what would rigging accomplish for them? It only takes an ounce of brainpower to figure out why rigging is completely illogical. 

Pipinghot #55 Posted Sep 02 2020 - 16:29

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostTao_Te_Hobbit, on Sep 01 2020 - 23:31, said:

View PostPipinghot, on Sep 01 2020 - 21:17, said:

Everyone I've ever played with that was running boosters gets impatient while the boosters are running, they don't like to waste any time in between battles and very often start the next battle before they're fully mentally prepared. It's very common for people running boosters to try to "speed things up" so they an accomplish more while the boosters are running. Unless you're a cyborg or a very rare person that's essentially immune to anxiety of any form, this applies to you too. It's just basic human nature.

Which makes no sense (that I do exactly that, not the idea) since WG is handing me boosters faster than I can burn them - what difference* does really it make to have a few more (or less) battles on a popped booster?  :amazed:

And yet, like you say, there I am hitting that Battle!™ button as soon as I'm back in the garage.  :facepalm:

Hehe yeah, human nature is funny.

"I only have 300 of these in my inventory, I need to click Battle so that I don't waste a single second of booster time" - natural human behavior that should make us chuckle at ourselves like you have. :)

Edited by Pipinghot, Sep 02 2020 - 16:29.

AllieOop2 #56 Posted Sep 02 2020 - 16:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostKani_Bist, on Sep 02 2020 - 16:15, said:

Beats the Earth is flat, Illuminati run the world and Dinosaurs are a mythological creature. Wonder of single person actually believes all three of those. Would love to talk to him/her.

Pipinghot #57 Posted Sep 02 2020 - 16:39

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostBurning_Haggis, on Sep 01 2020 - 23:53, said:

View Postspud_tuber, on Sep 01 2020 - 20:12, said:

So, you didn't mean draw your own conclusions, you meant draw the conclusion you have but don't want to say..

Namely, that the game is rigged against you when you run boosters or prem time.. which of course makes no sense, as if WG were demonstrable doing that, no one would buy boosters or prem time.

There is a difference between drawing your own conclusions about the stats he was posting, and making an assumption about a fact that was not part of, nor could a person of reasonable intelligence extrapolate from, those stats.

* Standard, normal human behavior is to change the way we play when running boosters.

* The OP is a standard, normal human (he may not be, but that's the reasonable assumption to make if you don't know him).

* Therefore: The OP is subject to the same behaviors, stresses and mental forces as all other standard, normal human beings.

* Therefore: The OP plays differently when he's running premium and/or consumables.

* Therefore, what you just said is wrong: The only assumption that a "person of reasonable intelligence" could/should make are that the OP is a standard, normal human being and that he plays differently when running premium and boosters.

* Any other answer would begin by assuming that the OP to be a non-standard, non-normal human being.

If you want to base your arguments on the assumption that the OP is a non-standard, non-normal human being, well that's your choice but it's a bad place to start your arguments from.

View PostBurning_Haggis, on Sep 01 2020 - 23:53, said:

Typical of any time someone shows up here with a reasonable question, deduction, or observation, the trolls, and shills show up with some form of trolling attack against the poster. Congrats, glad to see you people have not changed. 

It's interesting how often you attack reasoning and critical thinking as being "trolling" or "shilling", a cynical person might get the impression that you dislike reasoning and critical thinking because they interefere with your desire to avoid responsibility for your win rate.

Pipinghot #58 Posted Sep 02 2020 - 16:43

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Post8_Hussars, on Sep 01 2020 - 23:38, said:

1037 battles, interesting winrate stats. Draw your own conclusions.

You're better at low tiers and you're better at some tanks than others.

*Whew!* That was hard.

_FrickinRaft #59 Posted Sep 02 2020 - 16:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 17214 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostJaspo, on Sep 02 2020 - 01:42, said:

Following a months-long drop in my winrate with no identifiable cause, I kept track of my win/losses for 620 straight battles, and also kept track of whether I had premium time or experience boosters active.

Experience Booster Active (no prem account): 184 wins 224 losses 3 draws 411 battles 44.77% WR

Premium Account (no exp booster): 195 wins 241 losses 6 draws 442 battles 44.12% WR

Premium Account & Experience Booster Active: 155 wins 195 losses 2 draws 352 battles 44.03% WR

Neither: 65 wins 56 losses 3 draws 124 battles 52.42% WR

And as a bonus,

During a win mission (only kept track of this once): 10 wins 15 losses 1 draw 26 battles 38.46% WR

Apparently my feeling that I was losing more when I activated boosters wasn't just a feeling, at least not in this case.

Edit: I'm somewhat interested in working out some streaks analysis too, but I'm not sure of the most useful way to do so. Other things that I was interested in tracking but didn't due to the complexity of doing so - overall rng in each battle, top/mid/bottom tier, blowout or not.

Congrats, you played some games with some boosters and prem on and got results that are average for any average player. Stop with the tinfoil conspiracy stuff. Boosters and Premium do not affect winrate. The player playing affects winrate. 

Pipinghot #60 Posted Sep 02 2020 - 17:13

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostNateRocko, on Sep 01 2020 - 20:48, said:

When you play with boosters, you feel inclined to make the most of them. And thus you push yourself into "extreme tryhard mode", which actually results in you performing significantly worse than you would if you were just playing normally. It's not the boosters, it's you.

The only "silly stories" are the ones you tell yourself so that you can avoid owning responsbility for your Win Rate. You want to tell yourself that you're better at WoT than you really are, that's a silly story. You want to tell yourself that the game is to blame for your falling Win Rate, that's a silly story. You want to blame anything other than yourself for your performance, your stats and your Win Rate, that's a silly story.

People have tried to help you understand things in many threads, you deliberately avoid learning because you would rather complain on the forums that work at getting better. That's silly behavior and those are silly choices.

It's simple, and it's been explained before.

Almost every player in the game has higher XP, Damage and WN8 as they move up into higher tiers.

1) The HP pools in higher tier battles are larger than in lower tier battles. Even if a player only pens with one shot per battle in every game they ever play their Avg. Damage will increase as they move up into higher tiers.

2) The XP pools in higher tier battles are larger than in lower tier battles. Even if a player only pens with one shot per battle in every battle they ever play their Avg. XP will increase as they move up into higher tiers.

3) The WN8 formula naturally increases numbers somewhat at higher tiers. Even if a player only pens with one shot per battle in every battle they ever play their WN8 will increase as they move up into higher tiers.

However, Win Rate does not follow that same pattern. If a player only pens with one shot per battle in every game they ever play their Win Rate will go down at higher tiers. This isn't a difficult concept to understand and yet you repeatedly refuse or fail to understand it. It's not good enough to merely improve as you play higher tiers, you have to improve more than the other players around you, if you want your Win Rate to increase.

Looking at your charts from 7,000 to 12,000 battles:

1) WN8 increased from 900 to 960 - a proportional increase of 6.25%

2) Avg. XP increased from 540 to 575 - a proportional increase of 6.09%

3) Avg. Damage increased from 615 to 750 - a proportional increase of 18%

4) Your Win Rate declined from 50.45% to 49.30% - a proportional decrease of 2.3% (it's 1.15 percentage points, but the proportional amount is 2.3% of 50.45).

The simple truth is that you're improving, but you're not improving enough, because as you move into higher tiers other people are improving by more than you are. You have to improve your game play even more than you already have if you want to keep up with those other players.

None of this is mysterious, none of this is suspicious or strange, and it's been explained to you before. You just don't want to listen or learn because then you would have to admit that you are responsible for your stats and your Win Rate.

Edited by Pipinghot, Sep 02 2020 - 17:14.

Also tagged with winrate, stats, premium, boosters, booster, wins, losses

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users