QuickyBaby - This SPG Player Changed My Mind in World of Tanks!

SPG Artillery M44 QuickyBaby

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Whistling_Death_ #1 Posted Sep 08 2020 - 00:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 71843 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

A fantastic battle!  :)

Edited by Whistling_Death_, Sep 08 2020 - 00:23.

The_Pink_Panther #2 Posted Sep 08 2020 - 00:45

Captain

• Players
  • 87 battles
  • [-BAT-] -BAT-
Thanks but this particular CC is an unmitigated piece of garbage and I do not subscribe or watch anything he does.  He constantly calls arty players clickers but he forgets, like everyone else does: ALL PLAYERS CLICK BUT THE DIFFERENCE IS HOW EACH SHOT FLIES.  Hello to all you fellow clickers out there.

Collapsed_Eigenfunction #3 Posted Sep 08 2020 - 01:00

Major

• Players
  • 29554 battles
  • [CLAIM] CLAIM

View PostThe_Pink_Panther, on Sep 07 2020 - 23:45, said:

Thanks but this particular CC is an unmitigated piece of garbage and I do not subscribe or watch anything he does.  He constantly calls arty players clickers but he forgets, like everyone else does: ALL PLAYERS CLICK BUT THE DIFFERENCE IS HOW EACH SHOT FLIES.  Hello to all you fellow clickers out there.

Hello

Whistling_Death_ #4 Posted Sep 08 2020 - 01:13

Major

• -Players-
  • 71843 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostThe_Pink_Panther, on Sep 07 2020 - 18:45, said:

Their was only one of us who ever walked on water and is perfect.  QuickyBaby isn't him.  As an avid artillery player, I too do not appreciate QuickyBaby's poor attitude regarding a key part of the game; artillery.  It's amazing to me that he can be so knowledgeable about so many facets of the game, yet when it comes to artillery, he's quite lacking.  He's also a poor artillery player because of this.  But again, no one is perfect.  :)

It was refreshing to see him open his eyes a bit and start to appreciate what a good artillery player can do for their teammates.  So there is hope for QuickyBaby yet.  :)

All tanks, "click", to fire their guns, so it's a meaningless term.

Whistling_Death_ #5 Posted Sep 08 2020 - 02:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 71843 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

By the way, if you want to become a better player and learn, I feel there is no better Community Contributor than QuickyBaby.  He also has the gift of being a good teacher.  He's been playing this great game since the very beginning, ten years ago now. Consequently he is very knowledgeable and really knows his stuff.  QuickyBaby is also very respectful and rarely if ever uses vulgar, offensive, degrading language, (like so many of the other Community Contributors do).  So he actually respects his viewers and doesn't verbally vomit all over them.  This is admirable and one of the things I enjoy about him most.  He's also very intelligent and has a PhD in Geography, so he's educated and well spoken. His videos are not only informative but also entertaining.

Last year, in his Twitch livestream marathon, he raised over $50,000 for cancer research.  So we have a good man in QuickyBaby and he has done more for this game than anyone. 

_Eiji #6 Posted Sep 08 2020 - 02:36

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4520 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Sep 08 2020 - 02:32, said:

By the way, if you want to become a better player and learn, I feel there is no better Community Contributor than QuickyBaby.  He also has the gift of being a good teacher.  He's been playing this great game since the very beginning, ten years ago now. Consequently he is very knowledgeable and really knows his stuff.  QuickyBaby is also very respectful and rarely if ever uses vulgar, offensive, degrading language, (like so many of the other Community Contributors do).  So he actually respects his viewers and doesn't verbally vomit all over them.  This is admirable and one of the things I enjoy about him most.  He's also very intelligent and has a PhD in Geography, so he's educated and well spoken. His videos are not only informative but also entertaining.

Last year, in his Twitch livestream marathon, he raised over $50,000 for cancer research.  So we have a good man in QuickyBaby and he has done more for this game than anyone. 

qb has plateaued in skill level, although he's decent at best all of his streams are mostly him complaining about people being stupid and how his teammates are horrible

good guy tendencies does not = how to be a better player

also why does a PhD in Geography matter at all

ADHD_Wizard #7 Posted Sep 08 2020 - 02:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10235 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

Artillery is a key part of the game? LOL

If by key part of the game you mean stupidly broken game mechanic that does the POLAR OPPOSITE of its intended purpose with no other purpose other than to punish people for actually playing the game? Then yeah you got it right on the head.  

Artillery is a straight up stupid game mechanic that "rewards" poor gameplay. Go ahead and argue there are "skilled" arty players.  Because finding a trajectory to shoot at people from across the map by driving from corner to corner is skilful.  kk. The entire reason it's in the game is to reduce the amount of camping which it legit creates more of,  especially when you've got a 3 arty game on an open map.  You CANNOT push most of the time and have to rely on which teams arty bleeds the main pushes better.  Add in the fact how straight up brokenly OP stuns are and you've got a broken mechanic.  Let's make your tank 50% worse for 13-20 seconds so when you're actually trying to play the game you can't and don't forget that your own arty will stun you when you're trying to brawl!!!

People that defend arty the way it is are on average just bad at the game.  Most arty players are on average worse at the game than people who don't play it.  I only play it for missions which shouldn't even be a thing but thanks for that WaRgAmInG.  

Suliemanis_Ghost #8 Posted Sep 08 2020 - 03:06

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 520 battles

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Sep 08 2020 - 02:32, said:

Sorry but hes trash. He berates his teams and when he used to run strongholds with his clan hed berate players for his inability to call battles and blame them for his trash calls when they got obliterated.

Skill, orzanel, circon are much better players to learn from if you have played this game even a little. QB is only good for those interested in WOT before they play.

NateRocko #9 Posted Sep 08 2020 - 03:12

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1044 battles

View PostADHD_Wizard, on Sep 07 2020 - 20:58, said:

Artillery is a key part of the game? LOL

If by key part of the game you mean stupidly broken game mechanic that does the POLAR OPPOSITE of its intended purpose with no other purpose other than to punish people for actually playing the game? Then yeah you got it right on the head.  

Artillery is a straight up stupid game mechanic that "rewards" poor gameplay. Go ahead and argue there are "skilled" arty players.  Because finding a trajectory to shoot at people from across the map by driving from corner to corner is skilful.  kk. The entire reason it's in the game is to reduce the amount of camping which it legit creates more of,  especially when you've got a 3 arty game on an open map.  You CANNOT push most of the time and have to rely on which teams arty bleeds the main pushes better.  Add in the fact how straight up brokenly OP stuns are and you've got a broken mechanic.  Let's make your tank 50% worse for 13-20 seconds so when you're actually trying to play the game you can't and don't forget that your own arty will stun you when you're trying to brawl!!!

People that defend arty the way it is are on average just bad at the game.  Most arty players are on average worse at the game than people who don't play it.  I only play it for missions which shouldn't even be a thing but thanks for that WaRgAmInG.  

iT pRoViDeS dYnAmIc GaMePlAy ThO.

Edge_of_Insanity #10 Posted Sep 08 2020 - 03:55

Captain

• Players
  • 24909 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

SquishySupreme #11 Posted Sep 08 2020 - 04:15

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5186 battles

Most CCs don't like arty, but the thing is, let's look at this from a mathematical perspective:

if you have 5 tank classes and only ever play 4 of them, you are leaving skills and tactics on the table for others to exploit against you.  Especially when that one has a completely different play style and mode from the others.
If you want to get good at a game, you need to at least understand all of the classes and how they work.  Where that can hit you, where they tend to be/move to, and more importantly, where they cannot.

Whistling_Death_ #12 Posted Sep 08 2020 - 06:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 71843 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

If we don't like artillery, we should not be in the artillery forum and just remain ignorant.

Thank you.

Ipara #13 Posted Sep 22 2020 - 07:02

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 15563 battles
  • [T-UC] T-UC
Like most of the rest of you I'm a big Arty guy. Back in the day, when the guild I was in was big time into Clan Wars, I was one of the people who almost always played Arty. Back then we only had the three super powers, so I worked my way to get all three tier 10 arty pieces. QuickyBaby has always stated he has no use for arty. Playing arty takes a special person to play well, and we all know why... Besides, I always enjoy another bruiser award... :)  

Also tagged with SPG, Artillery, M44, QuickyBaby

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users