Jump to content


The M6A2E1


  • Please log in to reply
311 replies to this topic

shapeshifter #281 Posted Jul 05 2015 - 19:02

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 17863 battles
  • 2,900
  • Member since:
    09-11-2010
Chief asked about that in the past, they told him even if a tank could do it in real life they don't want it in game as it was stupid and unrealistic or something as the driver couldn't see behind him.

shapeshifter #282 Posted Jul 14 2015 - 20:55

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 17863 battles
  • 2,900
  • Member since:
    09-11-2010
66mm sides in 9.10

Skott #283 Posted Jul 16 2015 - 03:29

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 34665 battles
  • 450
  • Member since:
    10-22-2010
Played a few battles in my Mutant today. It seems to be bouncing more shells than before frontally but I'll need to play it some more just to be sure. Cant go by just a few battles.

luscious #284 Posted Jul 16 2015 - 05:14

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 15834 battles
  • 703
  • Member since:
    09-08-2010
Ive played a number of matches in it today....its front hull is now composed of solid Neutronium!!

Giganaut #285 Posted Jul 16 2015 - 08:42

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 10956 battles
  • 2,969
  • Member since:
    07-17-2010

View Postluscious, on Jul 16 2015 - 12:14, said:

Ive played a number of matches in it today....its front hull is now composed of solid Neutronium!!

 

let the screams of ricochets rip the air >:D

Hotwired #286 Posted Jul 18 2015 - 08:42

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 20 battles
  • 1,054
  • Member since:
    09-12-2010

From the front you might as well find somewhere else to be unless you have normal or gold shells able to roll obnoxiously high or have an unusual luxury to aim very carefully without getting killed.

 

There are two technical weak spots you can aim for but easier said than done.

 

The cupola is smaller than before and is on top of one of the tallest tanks in the game. The slightly dropped roof section can be penetrated with a low pen gun if you can avoid the riccochet troll slopes around it which become more troll the flatter your tank is. Again, M6A2E1 looms over almost any tank so not the best target.

 

The turret ring is much larger than before, it was a thin ring of 41mm or so, now it's an actually visible ring of 191mm which is a band of ~200mm for the middle 50% then slopes away at much higher effectiveness to the sides. This is the most realistic target as long as ~200mm counts as a weak spot for you.

 

Bottom line is you can sum up both those targets as a small, thin section at the base and top of the turret. As far as weak spots go they are rubbish to aim at.

 

On the other hand.... every tank short of a few T9's is an easy pen for the M6 cannon which is "ok" despite not actually being good at anything in particular. However for a limited MM T8 it is probably the best all-round gun with no really bad values in anything.

 

The armour/gun combo together is great for the frontal bully role.

 

And the tank still has its special ability to get flanked and killed by anything that knows enough to not let the M6 driver control the fight on one front.

 

 

Best position for new M6A2E1 is to be on a slight slope tilting the tank upwards in a kind of no-cover hull down behind its own armour, the weak zones essentially vanish and the frontal protection goes even closer to 300mm effective. Lower plate is one of the toughest in the game now so don't worry about it too much.


Edited by Hotwired, Jul 18 2015 - 09:06.


MortalitusTIG #287 Posted Jul 29 2015 - 20:10

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 14884 battles
  • 40
  • Member since:
    03-18-2011
Anyone with the tank that wants to run a "mutoon" feel free to shoot me an ingame. I run mine a lot.

killakittie #288 Posted Aug 15 2015 - 18:36

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 11627 battles
  • 355
  • Member since:
    02-20-2011

 


Edited by killakittie, Aug 15 2015 - 18:42.


Kurg79 #289 Posted Jan 06 2016 - 19:26

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 22 battles
  • 2,270
  • Member since:
    01-20-2015


AnAlbumCover #290 Posted May 28 2016 - 18:08

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 25561 battles
  • 36
  • [AO] AO
  • Member since:
    10-02-2010
The M6A2E1 is my favorite tank and I'm so glad they did it justice with the last buff. But I assumed the reload time would be better since it looks like there is a lot more room inside for the crew to move lol. I play it like a TD and only go head on if possible. I do shoot a lot of gold to offset the cannons weakness and avoid being hurt as much from aiming. I know I know I need to learn to play better lol. Anyways. I just wanted to let War gaming know that I appreciate that they worked on this tank and rewarded those of us who did buy it and stayed loyal to the game. I guess I should put a ticket in and get my M4 preorder back haha.

Edselman #291 Posted Aug 09 2016 - 22:05

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12964 battles
  • 161
  • [WW1] WW1
  • Member since:
    07-24-2013
Is the thing ever going to go on sale again?

LordA1 #292 Posted Oct 06 2016 - 05:31

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 24903 battles
  • 49
  • [CUBE] CUBE
  • Member since:
    11-11-2012

I would pay big money to get this tank, what do I have to do to get it?

 



Skott #293 Posted Oct 14 2016 - 15:59

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 34665 battles
  • 450
  • Member since:
    10-22-2010

WG promised the beta players that pre ordered that it would only be sold for the pre order. They did offer it again but the complaints (about the original promise) made them stop. Last I heard the console gamers could get it when they first ordered but it was the older version of the Mutant before the buff. Not sure if they ever got the buffed HD version. I think that offer was stopped as well. I heard on the Russian server the Mutant was offered but I never got a confirmation on that. In my view WG should never offer the tank again for sale. They should honor and keep their word. I know that sucks for newer players that want the Mutant but that's just how I feel about it.

 

 

And since the buff it's a much better tank now. I'm glad I kept my Mutant. Its not invincible to those that know where to shoot it but its a fun tank to play in especially in a T8 battle.



Char_Aznable_UC0059 #294 Posted Oct 29 2016 - 01:37

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 3873 battles
  • 22
  • Member since:
    02-28-2011

View PostSkott, on Oct 14 2016 - 14:59, said:

WG promised the beta players that pre ordered that it would only be sold for the pre order. They did offer it again but the complaints (about the original promise) made them stop. Last I heard the console gamers could get it when they first ordered but it was the older version of the Mutant before the buff. Not sure if they ever got the buffed HD version. I think that offer was stopped as well. I heard on the Russian server the Mutant was offered but I never got a confirmation on that. In my view WG should never offer the tank again for sale. They should honor and keep their word. I know that sucks for newer players that want the Mutant but that's just how I feel about it.

 

 

And since the buff it's a much better tank now. I'm glad I kept my Mutant. Its not invincible to those that know where to shoot it but its a fun tank to play in especially in a T8 battle.

 

thats what i like about other games compared to this one is when you Pre order something you get exclusive acess to it for a year than they put it up for sale for everyone to buy. i hate that they dont do that in this game when i would say a big chunk of the player base that bought that tank arent even playing anymore. i know a guy that got that tank and he sat there complaining about WG selling it again for that one day when he wasnt even playing the game anymore. the only reason i didnt pick it up at the time was because i didnt have money. i know alot of people that would give there left nut just to get that tank and some of the others. WG should sell it again. 

Skott #295 Posted Dec 04 2016 - 16:02

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 34665 battles
  • 450
  • Member since:
    10-22-2010

View PostBlackReaperBK201, on Oct 28 2016 - 19:37, said:

 

thats what i like about other games compared to this one is when you Pre order something you get exclusive acess to it for a year than they put it up for sale for everyone to buy. i hate that they dont do that in this game when i would say a big chunk of the player base that bought that tank arent even playing anymore. i know a guy that got that tank and he sat there complaining about WG selling it again for that one day when he wasnt even playing the game anymore. the only reason i didnt pick it up at the time was because i didnt have money. i know alot of people that would give there left nut just to get that tank and some of the others. WG should sell it again. 

 

I respect your opinion BR. I don't share it but I do respect it.

Savage112 #296 Posted Dec 11 2016 - 20:35

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 58886 battles
  • 61
  • [OC] OC
  • Member since:
    03-15-2011

Paint it Black

 

 

Piss off some, Make some happy, 

 

I would probably buy one so my original has a shadow.



killakittie #297 Posted Feb 15 2017 - 18:57

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 11627 battles
  • 355
  • Member since:
    02-20-2011
Dusted the old girl off yesterday, filled her with fresh diesel, and took her for a leisurely ride through the country.

She still performs admirably. Managed consecutive 2500+ damage games.

If anyone else ownes one and wants to platoon these relics message or friend request me in game.

Blackstone #298 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 15:38

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 21215 battles
  • 2,140
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

I'm thinking of grinding toward the M6, because I bypassed it before.

I think I have to go back to the M3 Lee, grind to the M1 Heavy, and then the M6.

Does that sound right? Is the M6 worth getting?



Smoked_Maple_Bacon #299 Posted Mar 29 2017 - 23:52

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15575 battles
  • 227
  • Member since:
    05-10-2012


Idrinksnowflaketears #300 Posted Mar 30 2017 - 06:50

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 45462 battles
  • 442
  • Member since:
    07-21-2012
April 1st is the only time to buy!!




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users