Jump to content


IGN Prime Tournament Start Delayed Until October 5th


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

GeneralDirection #1 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 21:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 5992 battles
  • 3,027
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011

http://statcdn.world...ment516x160.jpg


Due to issues with registration ending early, we've moved the start date for the IGN Prime Tournament to October 5th, 2011. This should allow for additional time for teams to get their members organized and ensure team registration is working properly.

On our end, we've received many support tickets and messages from players concerned about entry into the tournament. Response has been overwhelming for the tournament so far, so we're going to be increasing the number of allowed teams from 64 to 128.

If your team is already entered into the tournament, then rest assured -- your team is accepted. We will not be excluding teams until we reach the cap of 128.


Registration will officially end at 11:59PM PDT on October 4, 2011.

Teams are allowed to have between 5 and 7 members, though only 5 can participate in a battle. If you have below or above this number, you will not be able to apply for approval in the tournament. Please apply for approval once all changes are made, before the close of registration today.

Manage your teams here!


You can find the revised schedule below, as well as in the tournament rules.


Revised Schedule

Wednesday October 5th - Round One (128)

6pm PDT / 03.00 CET – First match begins at 6:10pm PDT / 03.10 CET

Thursday Ocotber 6th - Round Two (64)

6pm PDT / 03.00 CET – First match begins at 6:10pm PDT / 03.10 CET

Friday October 7th - Round Three (32)

6pm PDT / 03.00 CET – First match begins at 6:10pm PDT / 03.10 CET

Saturday October 8th - Round Four (16)

1pm PDT / 22.00 CET – First match begins at 1:10pm PDT / 22.10 CET


Saturday October 8th - Round Five (8)


4pm PDT / 01.00 CET – First match begins at 4:10pm PDT / 01.10 CET

Sunday October 9th - Round Six (4)

1pm PDT / 22.00 CET – First match begins at 1:10pm PDT / 22.10 CET

Sunday October 9th - Grand Finals

4pm PDT / 01.00 CET – First match begins at 4:10pm PDT / 01.10 CET


Monday October 10th - 3rd Place Match

6pm PDT / 03.00 CET – First match begins at 6:10pm PDT / 03.10 CET



Corben27 #2 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 21:36

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 6123 battles
  • 260
  • Member since:
    03-14-2011
well I, like many others, hit apply today without making changes for fear of  not getting it done in time.  So since your changing the days I will need to re-do my teams since it takes A LOT to gaurentee 5 people can all be online for 6 days in a row.

In the future it would be nice if tournaments didn't have to run for a week straight, I have some amazing players I play with that will just never be able to play in these due to real lives.  

So if you could unlock my team so I can add and remove a few people due to the date changes that would be awesome.

GeneralDirection #3 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 21:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 5992 battles
  • 3,027
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011

View PostCorben27, on Oct 04 2011 - 21:36, said:

well I, like many others, hit apply today without making changes for fear of  not getting it done in time.  So since your changing the days I will need to re-do my teams since it takes A LOT to gaurentee 5 people can all be online for 6 days in a row.

In the future it would be nice if tournaments didn't have to run for a week straight, I have some amazing players I play with that will just never be able to play in these due to real lives.  

So if you could unlock my team so I can add and remove a few people due to the date changes that would be awesome.

It should be unlocked. I also now have access to the tournament tool so I'll be able to get things fixed immediately rather than submitting requests to our Belarus team.

Corben27 #4 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 21:49

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 6123 battles
  • 260
  • Member since:
    03-14-2011
My team is still in the "approving" stage needs to go back to forming.

GeneralDirection #5 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 21:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 5992 battles
  • 3,027
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011

View PostCorben27, on Oct 04 2011 - 21:49, said:

My team is still in the "approving" stage needs to go back to forming.

Check now please, it shows as forming for me.

dreamcrusher #6 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 22:23

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 26409 battles
  • 38
  • [TBW] TBW
  • Member since:
    02-05-2011
i would like to add two new members to the team were is the add to team button?if we cant do that how do i leave my team to join another? a nother clan mate has stated a team

DonaldusMaximus #7 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 22:29

    Captain

  • Players
  • 10887 battles
  • 1,167
  • Member since:
    08-17-2011
This is a joke right??  There is nothing posted on the splash screen, nothing on the main page, no email sent out.  I've organized people in 4 different time zones to be on my team, one person from across the globe, and you dont tell us until just now??
-1 -1 -1 :(

daved12 #8 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 22:31

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 17301 battles
  • 386
  • Member since:
    04-03-2011
our team DOOM is still in the "approving" stage needs to go back to forming
how can we do that ?

GeneralDirection #9 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 22:34

    Major

  • Players
  • 5992 battles
  • 3,027
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011

View Postdreamcrusher, on Oct 04 2011 - 22:23, said:

i would like to add two new members to the team were is the add to team button?if we cant do that how do i leave my team to join another? a nother clan mate has stated a team

What is the name of your team? I can add them so long as you provide the team name and the names of the players you want added.


View PostJay4hand, on Oct 04 2011 - 22:29, said:

This is a joke right??  There is nothing posted on the splash screen, nothing on the main page, no email sent out.  I've organized people in 4 different time zones to be on my team, one person from across the globe, and you dont tell us until just now??
-1 -1 -1 :(

The schedule hasn't changed all that much except for it being "moved back" a day. The start times are still the same, and it will be ending on the originally planned day of October 10th (3rd place match).

View Postdaved12, on Oct 04 2011 - 22:31, said:

our team DOOM is still in the "approving" stage needs to go back to forming
how can we do that ?

Check now please.

Milsco97 #10 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 22:42

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 11474 battles
  • 312
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011
This works for me, I just had my reserve added today to the team and my team is back to pending approval. Will it be back to forming in time for tomorrows start? I hope so. I just had him confirm today that he will be a reserve, so its all good. If the team could be placed back to forming, that would be great. Team is WulfPaQ.
Thanks

Corben27 #11 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 22:43

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 6123 battles
  • 260
  • Member since:
    03-14-2011

View PostGeneralDirection, on Oct 04 2011 - 21:50, said:

Check now please, it shows as forming for me.


Still says approving, I have logged in and out, tried different browsers, cleared cookies, etc etc.

daved12 #12 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 22:43

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 17301 battles
  • 386
  • Member since:
    04-03-2011
thanks  :Smile_honoring:

DonaldusMaximus #13 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 22:44

    Captain

  • Players
  • 10887 battles
  • 1,167
  • Member since:
    08-17-2011
There is no button to add alts. Can you please add the following players as alts for team "Pew Pew"
Guthwulf
Ragnrok

Thank you.

Deadmeat_ #14 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 22:53

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 16712 battles
  • 95
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011
This tourney is a bust...  Don't let others try to host your tourneys........  If I'm not mistaken most didn't sign up because of the info (credit card) IGN was wanting in the beginning.   Hope you learned your lesson.

GeneralDirection #15 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 22:55

    Major

  • Players
  • 5992 battles
  • 3,027
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011

View PostJay4hand, on Oct 04 2011 - 22:44, said:

There is no button to add alts. Can you please add the following players as alts for team "Pew Pew"
Guthwulf
Ragnrok

Thank you.

Done. I also removed the IGN placeholder account.

View PostDeadmeat_, on Oct 04 2011 - 22:53, said:

This tourney is a bust...  Don't let others try to host your tourneys........  If I'm not mistaken most didn't sign up because of the info (credit card) IGN was wanting in the beginning.   Hope you learned your lesson.
I'd hardly consider 128 teams participating a "bust." Sure, it didn't start out as well as we would have liked, but that's why changes were made.

_METAL_STORM_ #16 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 22:58

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 14896 battles
  • 395
  • [TBW] TBW
  • Member since:
    09-07-2010
I deleted my team DOOM2 so i could join the DOOM team which is what we were originally after. But i see DOOM2 still showing up with no one in it. Is that okay or was it supposed to disappear entirely?

Valkeiper #17 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 23:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 8176 battles
  • 2,018
  • Member since:
    04-15-2011

View PostGeneralDirection, on Oct 04 2011 - 21:45, said:

It should be unlocked. I also now have access to the tournament tool so I'll be able to get things fixed immediately rather than submitting requests to our Belarus team.

LOL, so they're beginning to recognize how valuable a staff member you are, General?

Congrats.

It didn't take us players this long to realize it.

I am so glad you are involved.

Hope you enjoy running this Tourney as much as it looks like the players will enjoy competing in it.

Valkeiper #18 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 23:06

    Major

  • Players
  • 8176 battles
  • 2,018
  • Member since:
    04-15-2011

View PostGeneralDirection, on Oct 04 2011 - 22:55, said:

Done. I also removed the IGN placeholder announce.


I'd hardly consider 128 teams participating a "bust." Sure, it didn't start out as well as we would have liked, but that's why changes were made.

well General, you are a big reason the tourney is even going.

I hope these players appreciate your efforts. I do (and I won't even be in the tourney).

GeneralDirection #19 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 23:14

    Major

  • Players
  • 5992 battles
  • 3,027
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011

View PostStardrifter, on Oct 04 2011 - 22:58, said:

I deleted my team DOOM2 so i could join the DOOM team which is what we were originally after. But i see DOOM2 still showing up with no one in it. Is that okay or was it supposed to disappear entirely?

I just deleted it manually -- you guys should be set!

_METAL_STORM_ #20 Posted Oct 04 2011 - 23:18

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 14896 battles
  • 395
  • [TBW] TBW
  • Member since:
    09-07-2010

View PostGeneralDirection, on Oct 04 2011 - 23:14, said:

I just deleted it manually -- you guys should be set!


Thank you General, you rock. :)




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users