• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

KRZYBooP #1 Posted Sep 16 2020 - 18:37

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 4738 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

18Sep - 20Sep, between 11:00PT | 1300CT | 1400ET and 2300PT | 0100CT | 0200ET Brawl mode is back!

Matchmaker, rental mechanics, and UI are receiving changes that can be found HEREwith more information. 

For those unfamiliar, Brawl is a 7 v 7 tier 10 mode with special missions depending on what nation you choose. 

If you want some additional bonds here is your chance to get some in addition to x5 victory. 

Good luck out there and get those Bonds!

churchill50 #2 Posted Sep 16 2020 - 18:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 21883 battles
  • [HIME] HIME

Personally, I'm glad to see Brawl back, and would suggest trying it to everyone, for several reasons:

1. Smaller, faster matches, that are also usually quite intense and fun brawls.
  2. No influence on stats, and thus I feel like people are more aggressive than otherwise.
  3. More personal influence on winning. With smaller teams, you have a larger influence on the outcome of the match.
  4. Encounter maps means you have to play the objective.
  5. Very few arty. Since battles are over so quickly, arty don't have enough time to do too much, so you see very few of them. Plus, in the worst case scenario, you only see one per battle, which is much more bearable than the 3 per battle you see constantly in Randoms.
  6. And, as KRZYBooP pointed out, bonds and x5 victory missions, both of which are always nice to get.

I know I'll be playing this mode quite a bit this weekend.

Personally, I would love to see WG use this format for Ranked, mostly for reasons 1, 3, 4, and 5. Winning team gets a chevron, losing team loses a chevron, but the top player retains (or something like that). I think that would be a much better format than the current.... mess we have as a Ranked battle format.

SlappedbyRommel #3 Posted Sep 16 2020 - 19:06

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13753 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE
So is this to create faster T10 games to chew up credits?

rookiecan #4 Posted Sep 16 2020 - 19:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 26319 battles
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T

View Postchurchill50, on Sep 16 2020 - 12:59, said:

Personally, I'm glad to see Brawl back, and would suggest trying it to everyone, for several reasons:

2. No influence on stats, and thus I feel like people are more aggressive than otherwise.
  3. More personal influence on winning. With smaller teams, you have a larger influence on the outcome of the match.
  5. Very few arty. Since battles are over so quickly, arty don't have enough time to do too much, so you see very few of them. Plus, in the worst case scenario, you only see one per battle, which is much more bearable than the 3 per battle you see constantly in Randoms.
  6. And, as KRZYBooP pointed out, bonds and x5 victory missions, both of which are always nice to get.

Personally, I would love to see WG use this format for Ranked, mostly for reasons 1, 3, 4, and 5. Winning team gets a chevron, losing team loses a chevron, but the top player retains (or something like that). I think that would be a much better format than the current.... mess we have as a Ranked battle format.

Very well said Churchill and I will add that as a player with far less skills than yours I have found that in most cases I can still make a difference in the game and still be competitive (maybe because of the fewer players).  I rarely play my T10 tanks but this give me ever reason to play them for the exact reasons you have listed.  Great post...ty

PTwr #5 Posted Sep 16 2020 - 19:09

Major

• Players
  • 49392 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

I like the changes, but time will tell if it works well :]

Balancing Rentals: very good, as they were mostly used by inexperienced players. Battles where bunch of rentals faced bunch of Proggies were just sad.

Victory OR top 3 xp: very good. Losing streaks where only you did damage (ugh rentals) can deprive sanity, two secondary path it will be more relaxing.

However missions are a bit unclear. Is it one completion per day, or one per alliance per day? 

PTwr #6 Posted Sep 16 2020 - 19:15

Major

• Players
  • 49392 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

View PostSlappedbyRommel, on Sep 16 2020 - 18:06, said:

So is this to create faster T10 games to chew up credits?

It appears they are finally trying to make T10 mode that more players enjoy. 

It is devoid of stale campinnes under heavy rain, instead its just... Brawl :]

Thats a lot of how Tank Companies played in their prime. 

SlappedbyRommel #7 Posted Sep 16 2020 - 20:02

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13753 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE

View PostPTwr, on Sep 16 2020 - 19:15, said:

It appears they are finally trying to make T10 mode that more players enjoy. 

It is devoid of stale campinnes under heavy rain, instead its just... Brawl :]

Thats a lot of how Tank Companies played in their prime. 

May have to give it a try but does it burn credits?

KRZYBooP #8 Posted Sep 16 2020 - 20:31

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 4738 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostSlappedbyRommel, on Sep 16 2020 - 13:02, said:

End of the day they are still Tier 10 matches, but the prizes also include 150K credits to keep players going. Be top 3 by base xp or win three battles to get it once per day.

PTwr #9 Posted Sep 16 2020 - 20:57

Major

• Players
  • 49392 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

View PostSlappedbyRommel, on Sep 16 2020 - 19:02, said:

Last time it did not. 

But I have premium account and played Proggie with standard ammo mostly, so I had high dpg for cheap.

Generally if you are at least average (see me, for example) and got decent meta tanks (mobility > armor) and can complete daily mission in ~6 battles without spamming gold, then you should not lose credits even without prem. 

PapioTitan #10 Posted Sep 16 2020 - 21:22

Captain

• -Players-
  • 49476 battles
Concur 100% w/Church. Thoroughly enjoyed this mode but was disappointed it was so short. Stats and economy were non-factors.

_W_R_A_I_T_H_ #11 Posted Sep 16 2020 - 21:41

Major

• Players
  • 49351 battles

Why bring back BRAWL the day after BATTLEPASS when BRAWL does not count toward BATTLEPASS?

Now we have to decide between one or the other and then on Monday STEEL HUNTER will also compete with BATTLEBASS.  

WG should plan the events more in advance and we could have had BRAWL last weekend so it did not compete with BATTLEPASS.

WG could also suspend BATTLEPASS during STEELHUNTER/FRONTLINE weeks and then extend BATTLEPASS an extra week to compensate.

Edited by _W_R_A_I_T_H_, Sep 16 2020 - 21:43.

Kramah313 #12 Posted Sep 16 2020 - 22:10

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7678 battles
  • [GNZX1] GNZX1

View Postrookiecan, on Sep 16 2020 - 12:06, said:

Very well said Churchill and I will add that as a player with far less skills than yours I have found that in most cases I can still make a difference in the game and still be competitive (maybe because of the fewer players).  I rarely play my T10 tanks but this give me ever reason to play them for the exact reasons you have listed.  Great post...ty

Thanks for this post as well. Was curious as to if it is more fun for players that often get pounded in my, I mean their, tier 10s. I might give it a try now

Bring_The_Rain #13 Posted Sep 16 2020 - 22:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33616 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

Easy pass. Frontlines is what I want back.

Brawl is basically who has a purple platoon. When 1 team has an arty on ensk and the other team doesn't.... yeah that's been my experience. Being down 1 tank from the start isn't helpful.

I appreciate WG trying but I feel like you are making the game more like a rat wheel then an enjoyable play. To many premiums not enough new real content.

Casual_Boops #14 Posted Sep 16 2020 - 22:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 38738 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View Postchurchill50, on Sep 16 2020 - 11:59, said:

I 100% agree with everything you've just said. All of it. Especially the ranked bit. I might actually play it if it was 7v7.

View Post_W_R_A_I_T_H_, on Sep 16 2020 - 14:41, said:

Why bring back BRAWL the day after BATTLEPASS when BRAWL does not count toward BATTLEPASS?

Now we have to decide between one or the other and then on Monday STEEL HUNTER will also compete with BATTLEBASS.  

WG should plan the events more in advance and we could have had BRAWL last weekend so it did not compete with BATTLEPASS.

WG could also suspend BATTLEPASS during STEELHUNTER/FRONTLINE weeks and then extend BATTLEPASS an extra week to compensate.

It would be nice if Brawl counted toward battle pass, I agree. To have so many different events that don't interact seems like they're trying to make us pick which things we want to do and skip others rather than have progress from one affect the other mode(s). 

_W_R_A_I_T_H_ #15 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 00:53

Major

• Players
  • 49351 battles

I don't know if I have just gotten better as a player, but I reached the top rank very quickly in this season of ranked and I never reached it before.  Once before I was 2 chev's away on the last day and then lost 10 straight chev's, lol. 

I thought BRAWL was decent, but I thought ranked was so much better without the OP tanks like 907 and Chieftan that I don't mind that format now since you are on an equal playing field if it is just tech-tree tanks rather than a BRAWL/RANKED. 

WOT's stole BRAWL and RANKED from WOWS's which are very popular over there, but WOWS's is more suited to those modes because of the capture circles and the ticking clock speeding up the battles and because random battles are soooooo slow and drawn out that the faster games are really so much more fun in WOWS.  We know we don't need faster random battles in WOT's!

It's funny, but I HATE the WOWS crew system and UI and I hope they don't being those over to WOT's.      

Edited by _W_R_A_I_T_H_, Sep 17 2020 - 00:54.

Beorn_of_the_NorthernSea #16 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 00:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 29262 battles
  • [-SCA-] -SCA-

I'll give it a shot...

~Beorn

The_Pink_Panther #17 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 04:36

Captain

• Players
  • 87 battles
  • [-BAT-] -BAT-

View PostKRZYBooP, on Sep 16 2020 - 11:37, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

18Sep - 20Sep, between 11:00PT | 1300CT | 1400ET and 2300PT | 0100CT | 0200ET Brawl mode is back!

Matchmaker, rental mechanics, and UI are receiving changes that can be found HEREwith more information. 

For those unfamiliar, Brawl is a 7 v 7 tier 10 mode with special missions depending on what nation you choose. 

If you want some additional bonds here is your chance to get some in addition to x5 victory. 

Good luck out there and get those Bonds!

Personally, I would rather have Frontlines than this stuff.  Bring Frontlines back.

Atragon #18 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 10:48

Major

• Players
  • 47117 battles
25 bonds on a credit bleed is nothing to get excited about.

Petro1979 #19 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 14:33

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 36354 battles
  • [FORTH] FORTH
it took you longer to write the article than the event will last let alone any relating programming. kinda dumb on the on the time window

_W_R_A_I_T_H_ #20 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 18:35

Major

• Players
  • 49351 battles

View PostAtragon, on Sep 17 2020 - 10:48, said:

25 bonds on a credit bleed is nothing to get excited about.

NOPE.  

I can earn 100 Bonds a week playing tier 10 arty which is FUN!

I am completely skipping it.  No reason to play even one game of BRAWL; however, if they made it tier 8 and I could grind credits and crew training then I am IN.

BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Edited by _W_R_A_I_T_H_, Sep 17 2020 - 18:37.

Also tagged with KRZY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users