Jump to content


Do SA bots ever use BT-5?


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

PTwr #1 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 00:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 49409 battles
  • 12,226
  • [BITSA] BITSA
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011

The problem I have is this:

 

Poles should not be a problem once I actually play those tiers, but noone plays BT-5 :( Can't find one on NA, so I tried to play it on SA to fish for matching bot but after two hours I never saw one on either team.

I had same problem with dumb tier 1 Kolushenko for years, but bots actually use it so I finally got one today.

 

Has anyone meet one on SA, or will I have better luck on NA?



gmotoman #2 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 00:31

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 37520 battles
  • 2,329
  • Member since:
    06-05-2011
does it count if you kill one in a training room?

Christojojo #3 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 00:34

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 38498 battles
  • 3,812
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP
  • Member since:
    10-09-2010
I did my hunting down there for rare tiers well a few low tier tanks I got them all. You should be able to too. Training room? probably not

Edited by Christojojo, Sep 17 2020 - 03:42.


PTwr #4 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 00:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 49409 battles
  • 12,226
  • [BITSA] BITSA
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011

View Postgmotoman, on Sep 16 2020 - 23:31, said:

does it count if you kill one in a training room?

Hmm, I do not think so. Otherwise we'd hear about such rigging long ago ;p

 

Anyway problem got solved in next battle after posting this thread...

 

Many thanks to random guy that actually played that junk, and even more to team that left it for me to kill :]

 

I think the way to hunt such rare tanks is to play one, that way MM tries to match you against one.

 

Now I gotta pick a beef with some Poles...


Edited by PTwr, Sep 17 2020 - 00:40.


Tao_Te_Hobbit #5 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 00:41

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 30611 battles
  • 6,417
  • [TER] TER
  • Member since:
    02-28-2016

Demonstrating yet again how the squeaky wheel gets the grease.  :teethhappy:

 

Why couldn't you squeak about something USEFUL if you were going to get greased?  :angry:

 

I wish I had thought to go SA when I was looking to fill out a K-Housenka for my Expert:  Czech badge.:facepalm:



PTwr #6 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 00:48

    Major

  • Players
  • 49409 battles
  • 12,226
  • [BITSA] BITSA
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011

View PostTao_Te_Hobbit, on Sep 16 2020 - 23:41, said:

I wish I had thought to go SA when I was looking to fill out a K-Housenka for my Expert:  Czech badge.:facepalm:

Yeah, I gave up on it for long time until today when I took out MiniMaus for test ride and saw one... which was promptly kill stolen by naughty bot from other side of map...

After that I could not get tier 1/2 battle anymore so finally I got it in first try with ye trusty Loltraktor with trash crew!



Tao_Te_Hobbit #7 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 00:58

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 30611 battles
  • 6,417
  • [TER] TER
  • Member since:
    02-28-2016

View PostPTwr, on Sep 16 2020 - 16:48, said:

Yeah, I gave up on it for long time until today when I took out MiniMaus for test ride and saw one... which was promptly kill stolen by naughty bot from other side of map...

After that I could not get tier 1/2 battle anymore so finally I got it in first try with ye trusty Loltraktor with trash crew!

 

You have a MiniMaus?  How did you get it, if you don't mind my asking?  I have been doing a desultory survey of MM owners for months now....

 

PM me if it was something embarrassing involving Kradok and/or a chicken.  :sceptic:



Cowcat137 #8 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 01:10

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 18365 battles
  • 8,534
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015
Seems partial to French tanks

PTwr #9 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 01:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 49409 battles
  • 12,226
  • [BITSA] BITSA
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011

View PostTao_Te_Hobbit, on Sep 16 2020 - 23:58, said:

 

You have a MiniMaus?  How did you get it, if you don't mind my asking?  I have been doing a desultory survey of MM owners for months now....

 

PM me if it was something embarrassing involving Kradok and/or a chicken.  :sceptic:

I bought it at half price together with B2 (but skipped Lefh because its geh, but I got it from lootbox anyway :().

A tad before French tree has been added to game (2012?) WG decided to remove captured French tanks from tech tree and did last-chance 50% discount (read as: people were not buying them so they used dirty tricks to sell them).

For unknown reason S35, also captured Frenchie, was not removed with op-trio.

Since then B2 were sold/rewarded few times, but I think MiniMaus is still exclusive for old farts. 

 

Have in mind that those tanks were far from their current strength back then. Not only they could not hurt Hetzer, or each other, without gold spam (imagine paying 500 gold to get a kill, hah!), they also had to compete with tech tree tanks balanced around +4 MM. T-28 could kill B2 with three shots from F30 (basically current KV-1 gun with great soft stats because RU), pre-pre-pre-pre-nerf 105mm HE could easily kill B2 in one shot, and tier 3/4 LT's balanced around old "scout MM" would obliterate them.

And Lefh? It was junk :) Every cool kid (ab)used original SU-26!

 

Those blasts from the pasts got indirectly buffed when tech tree trash got nerfed for +2 MM, and geld spam finally allows them to kill stuff like Matilda.

 

Seriously, look at B2 AP penetration. MS-1 got more!!!

Tier 1 penetration. Against Matilda which could pen you with AP on autoaim. Even then I managed to kill some of those fatties with raw skill, persistence, and tons of luck :]

 

I can tell you lots of stories of past. Been there, done that, got the scars `;..;`



Tao_Te_Hobbit #10 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 01:56

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 30611 battles
  • 6,417
  • [TER] TER
  • Member since:
    02-28-2016

It seems odd that that it's one of the few that's never been out in the wild again.  One guy bought a code from Russia.  Another got it as a gift from a friend who'd bought several in some sort of deal.  The third was a straight buy, but longer term player so probably the same scenario as yours.

 

And IIRC there was a not-too-far-back invite code that had the rental of one for, like 20 battles or something.

 

No idea why the little beast is so fascinating for me.  I've got a hankering bad enough that I'm looking at one of these as a sop:

 

https://res.cloudina...box/Z100038.jpg

 



PTwr #11 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 02:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 49409 battles
  • 12,226
  • [BITSA] BITSA
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011

View PostTao_Te_Hobbit, on Sep 17 2020 - 00:56, said:

It seems odd that that it's one of the few that's never been out in the wild again.  One guy bought a code from Russia.  Another got it as a gift from a friend who'd bought several in some sort of deal.  The third was a straight buy, but longer term player so probably the same scenario as yours.

 

And IIRC there was a not-too-far-back invite code that had the rental of one for, like 20 battles or something.

 

No idea why the little beast is so fascinating for me.  I've got a hankering bad enough that I'm looking at one of these as a sop:

 

https://res.cloudina...box/Z100038.jpg

 

Ahhh, I remember those codes. Few years after Mini got removed few guys were happy they got it as low as 100$ for tonk I got for 375g :]

It's worse deal than Geld 59 peps got for 25k while my original was mere 7.5k.

 

Some peps might have bought it for insane price of 750g (thats what? 3 bucks?) as it was available from tech tree for year or two before removal. 

 

But if you want to play one, try French H35. Once upgraded its practically same toy. 



Tao_Te_Hobbit #12 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 02:10

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 30611 battles
  • 6,417
  • [TER] TER
  • Member since:
    02-28-2016

View PostPTwr, on Sep 16 2020 - 18:03, said:

Ahhh, I remember those codes. Few years after Mini got removed few guys were happy they got it as low as 100$ for tonk I got for 375g :]

It's worse deal than Geld 59 peps got for 25k while my original was mere 7.5k.

 

Some peps might have bought it for insane price of 750g (thats what? 3 bucks?) as it was available from tech tree for year or two before removal. 

 

But if you want to play one, try French H35. Once upgraded its practically same toy. 

 

The H35 is actually, in my experience, a tad better.  The only reasons the MM remains attractive is because a) premium and b) German.  :teethhappy:



PTwr #13 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 02:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 49409 battles
  • 12,226
  • [BITSA] BITSA
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011

View PostTao_Te_Hobbit, on Sep 17 2020 - 01:10, said:

 

The H35 is actually, in my experience, a tad better.  The only reasons the MM remains attractive is because a) premium and b) German.  :teethhappy:

c) almost most unique tank

(I think that Soviet M3 LT is rarer, I think it was given out only once on NA) 



Cowcat137 #14 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 02:44

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 18365 battles
  • 8,534
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015

Time to unleash the P2J on bots. Need them bonds.

Hit it!
They call me Cuban Pete
I'm the king of the Rumba beat
When I play the maracas I go
Chic-chic-ky-boom
Chic-chic-ky-boom



Tao_Te_Hobbit #15 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 02:45

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 30611 battles
  • 6,417
  • [TER] TER
  • Member since:
    02-28-2016

View PostPTwr, on Sep 16 2020 - 18:27, said:

c) almost most unique tank

(I think that Soviet M3 LT is rarer, I think it was given out only once on NA) 

 

Not much of a collector, though c) isn't a BAD reason, either.  :honoring:

 

They're always fun interesting to meet on the playground....



PTwr #16 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 03:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 49409 battles
  • 12,226
  • [BITSA] BITSA
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011

View PostCowcat137, on Sep 17 2020 - 01:44, said:

Time to unleash the P2J on bots. Need them bonds.

Oy mate, ya sure are behind ze info curve. 

Filthy bonds are tier 10 only now. 



Tao_Te_Hobbit #17 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 03:46

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 30611 battles
  • 6,417
  • [TER] TER
  • Member since:
    02-28-2016

View PostPTwr, on Sep 16 2020 - 19:41, said:

Oy mate, ya sure are behind ze info curve. 

Filthy bonds are tier 10 only now. 

 

Well, if you're lucky they pop up in the DQs now and then.  And 100 DQs also gets you 100 bonds.  So maybe that's where the Pz SQUEEEEEEEE will shine.



PTwr #18 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 04:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 49409 battles
  • 12,226
  • [BITSA] BITSA
  • Member since:
    04-25-2011

View PostTao_Te_Hobbit, on Sep 17 2020 - 02:46, said:

 

Well, if you're lucky they pop up in the DQs now and then.  And 100 DQs also gets you 100 bonds.  So maybe that's where the Pz SQUEEEEEEEE will shine.

Naah. Too low tier, not enough HP for lvl3 dmg missions and queue times are long.

Tier 4 on SA is sweet spot, M8A1 always delivers. 



Tao_Te_Hobbit #19 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 04:27

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 30611 battles
  • 6,417
  • [TER] TER
  • Member since:
    02-28-2016

View PostPTwr, on Sep 16 2020 - 20:21, said:

Naah. Too low tier, not enough HP for lvl3 dmg missions and queue times are long.

Tier 4 on SA is sweet spot, M8A1 always delivers. 

 

One of my faves!

 

Which gun?



Cowcat137 #20 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 04:27

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 18365 battles
  • 8,534
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015

Third  daily premium mission: 25 bonds, 45 daily missions complete: 100 bonds.

 

Chic-chic-ky-boom
Chic-chic-ky-boom

Chic-chic-ky-boom
 

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users