• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Cougarraid #41 Posted Sep 22 2020 - 19:34

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12771 battles
  • [_TVS2] _TVS2

View PostF0R_M07H3R_RU5514, on Sep 22 2020 - 18:22, said:

Another moron immediately attacks ... then another joins in so we're all three in the bottom five ... all lose credits.  I can't get away from the imbeciles.

Ten battles, nine lower than bottom five 100% driven by spawn RNG.  Down 95k credits.

Dude that sucks. I normally would say that to have a result that consistent means you're doing something to cause it, but I've now played this game enough to sympathize when RNG is screwing you. 

What tanks do you usually play? Do you care? I almost exclusively play the Raven, and use the Frenchie if I get RNGed super early and don't want to wait 15 minutes. I won first overall fifty percent of the time playing the Raven yesterday- and I'm no great player and especially hate battle royales. 

anonym_xotfPa5GbcgJ #42 Posted Sep 22 2020 - 19:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostGoat_Rodeo, on Sep 22 2020 - 13:53, said:

SH is the epitome of repetitive game play. Read up on it and played it twice, and the second time I lost interest around the halfway point. If FL had maybe 2 more decent maps, I’d play that mode almost exclusively year round. The ability to get away from the multiple garbage maps currently being spammed by WG would be wonderful. 
On the current FL maps every tank class has a role at some point that can sway the battle. 

I agree with this an I would play FL year round exclusively. It incorporates everything the game has never been the ability at some point for any class of tank to impact the game by using its assets because of the maps.

Again I am convinced most of WoTs issue have roots in poor map development. Even the proverbial gold spam as I said before in the three years of FL I never have had a need to fire a single round of Gold ammo. They could remove arty from it but better yet remove the artillery and airstrike since artillery is limited in FL. Camping is solved because of the large maps and the terrain which allows it sometimes and you cant others it makes camping a technique as it should be. It has its funnel areas and its open terrain which allows any tank at some point to be able to use its strengths. Vastly superior IMO to the basic game and other game modes they have.

anonym_xotfPa5GbcgJ #43 Posted Sep 22 2020 - 19:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostF0R_M07H3R_RU5514, on Sep 22 2020 - 16:24, said:

I am doing my best to avoid any contact, by choosing the (most) remote spawn available and running from contact.  I just lost another one; precisely the same scenario and again, minus credits ... seven of eight (minus 65k credits in these battles).  This last one was even worse in that while trying to run away, my tank landed on it's side ... the five-second countdown to correct (auto back to on tracks) kept being interrupted by being shot.

And folks think the mode is fun when its a run an hide promoting game play match. The two most popular opinions of how to get tokens in SH is hide all match or run an gun right off. I simply cant stand the mode and it is almost worse than Ranked if that is possible. Played 1.5 matches to give it another try and quit mid second match.

ddraig_goch_ #44 Posted Sep 22 2020 - 19:50

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17706 battles
  • [122MM] 122MM
I quit yesterday once i found out they had set the bar higher. I would have liked the rewards, but i have to say i am much more relaxed not playing SH. I won't play Homefront and except for grabbing the $1 mill credits for qualifying you can keep Ranked as well. Since they are always coming up with new ways to get you to play, ie Battle Pass, Marathon ... I need my sanity much more than a tank I won't play anyway.

F0R_M07H3R_RU5514 #45 Posted Sep 22 2020 - 19:52

Major

• Players
  • 57584 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostCougarraid, on Sep 22 2020 - 13:34, said:

Dude that sucks. I normally would say that to have a result that consistent means you're doing something to cause it, but I've now played this game enough to sympathize when RNG is screwing you. 

What tanks do you usually play? Do you care? I almost exclusively play the Raven, and use the Frenchie if I get RNGed super early and don't want to wait 15 minutes. I won first overall fifty percent of the time playing the Raven yesterday- and I'm no great player and especially hate battle royales. 

Earlier iteration I had great success with the frenchie, so I'm sticking with that.  Spawn RNG > * ... thanks for replying.  I actually hate to whine because WG doesn't care ... they made the earlier iteration at least tolerable and they're doing their best to screw it up.

View PostAllieOop2, on Sep 22 2020 - 13:44, said:

And folks think the mode is fun when its a run an hide promoting game play match. The two most popular opinions of how to get tokens in SH is hide all match or run an gun right off. I simply cant stand the mode and it is almost worse than Ranked if that is possible. Played 1.5 matches to give it another try and quit mid second match.

I loathe SH and I'm here for the tokens.  I'm a 'tank collector' and even though I don't play many of them, there's some achievement mechanism that gets tickled by knowing I have it in my garage.  I mean, if it earned credits like FrontLine I wouldn't mind so much, but the atrocious spawn RNG is costing me 10k negative for eight of my ten battles.

uBleed2 #46 Posted Sep 22 2020 - 21:01

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1711 battles

View Post1st35thAR, on Sep 22 2020 - 05:37, said:

For me, Frontline was fun and I looked forward to every stage.  Not with Steel Hunter.  I thought SH stage I was bearable, but the latest point progression changes make it too grindy for me, especially since I don't enjoy playing a king-of-the-hill, last-man-standing style game. I wish they'd bring back Frontline from 2 years ago when they had tier 8 reward tanks and gold/bond/credit rewards, but I suppose no chance of that.:(

I played enough SH last month to get enough tokens for a tank.  SH is just stupid, drive around picking stuff up and shoot someone if you come across them.  I agree with the OP, Frontline is much much much better despite it's issues.  They never should have made it mandatory to play both if you want 2 tanks from the season.  I didn't pay enough attention to the reset of points between FL episodes, so I ended up with 11 tokens forcing me to play enough SH to get the last token.

So, when I got my last token I had zero reason to continue playing.  Because I didn't get all of the tokens from FL I would have only been able to get one tank, so yeah.  Great design there WG.

pyantoryng #47 Posted Sep 22 2020 - 21:04

Major

• Players
  • 19821 battles

I didn't like Frontline because my heavy-oriented garage and my T8 prem fleet wasn't very suitable for it.

Although, Steel Hunter for the average player is more luck than skill to get points. Yesterday I managed several top 5 finish while my entire session of 3hrs today I got only one top 5 finish. Dialing the 200pts mission back to 100 was the coup de grace. But alas, it's tier IX tanks at stake...

i.e. neither are good, but YMMV in any case.

F0R_M07H3R_RU5514 #48 Posted Sep 22 2020 - 21:15

Major

• Players
  • 57584 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View Postpyantoryng, on Sep 22 2020 - 15:04, said:

I didn't like Frontline because my heavy-oriented garage and my T8 prem fleet wasn't very suitable for it.

Although, Steel Hunter for the average player is more luck than skill to get points. Yesterday I managed several top 5 finish while my entire session of 3hrs today I got only one top 5 finish. Dialing the 200pts mission back to 100 was the coup de grace. But alas, it's tier IX tanks at stake...

i.e. neither are good, but YMMV in any case.

Spawn RNG is infuriating if you get stuck in a loop of EFF UUU positions.

stokes023 #49 Posted Sep 22 2020 - 21:24

Private

• -Players-
  • 2976 battles
  • [-UD-] -UD-

View Post1st35thAR, on Sep 22 2020 - 05:37, said:

For me, Frontline was fun and I looked forward to every stage.  Not with Steel Hunter.  I thought SH stage I was bearable, but the latest point progression changes make it too grindy for me, especially since I don't enjoy playing a king-of-the-hill, last-man-standing style game. I wish they'd bring back Frontline from 2 years ago when they had tier 8 reward tanks and gold/bond/credit rewards, but I suppose no chance of that.:(

First time posting because I agree so much. I completed the first stage of Steele Hunters but can not continue, just way too grindy for progress. I love frontlines and hope they don't change it and screw it up like Steele Hunters.

Mulky #50 Posted Sep 23 2020 - 00:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 6716 battles

So got to 8 yesterday with sporadic play but today in 10 games, I get freaking gang rapped by ravens or I kill a player and another comes in to kill me to take both.  This mode is total turd WG!  If I didn't want another tier 9, I'd just wait until frontlines is available next year and put this game to bed.  

Frontlines is the closest to battlefield play on a big scale than anything I've ever played.  Screw those folks that don't like it.   

deadizdead #51 Posted Sep 23 2020 - 00:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46390 battles
I love hovering over the map watching my team lose for 5 minutes after trying to defend a zone while my teammates farmed cause winning is meaningless. Gotta love the participation trophy of a game mode called Frontline.

Edited by deadizdead, Sep 23 2020 - 00:57.

stryker105mm #52 Posted Sep 23 2020 - 03:47

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19567 battles
  • [4CVR] 4CVR

if wg would pull the head out the butt and delete the steel hunter bs game mode and bring back front line. 4 months of steel hunter is 3 months to long 

fgn_2 #53 Posted Sep 23 2020 - 07:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10755 battles
Steel Hunter feels like an arcade game, like Chaffee Races.  Nice diversions but not what brought me to play WOT in the first place.  Bring back Frontline FFS!!!

anonym_xotfPa5GbcgJ #54 Posted Sep 23 2020 - 08:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View Postdeadizdead, on Sep 23 2020 - 00:54, said:

I love hovering over the map watching my team lose for 5 minutes after trying to defend a zone while my teammates farmed cause winning is meaningless. Gotta love the participation trophy of a game mode called Frontline.

Actually learn what winning does in FL and doesn't do in FL before making stupid remarks that you vomited up after hearing someone else puke it out.

deadizdead #55 Posted Sep 23 2020 - 09:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46390 battles

View PostAllieOop2, on Sep 23 2020 - 02:36, said:

Actually learn what winning does in FL and doesn't do in FL before making stupid remarks that you vomited up after hearing someone else puke it out.

No just the feel i got, i guess it might be fun if you play in a platoon, but being left hanging all the time got old fast, 29 teammates, and zero help. The object was to make it last as long as possible, not win. 

Edited by deadizdead, Sep 23 2020 - 09:55.

Mulky #56 Posted Sep 23 2020 - 15:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 6716 battles

View Poststryker105mm, on Sep 22 2020 - 20:47, said:

if wg would pull the head out the butt and delete the steel hunter bs game mode and bring back front line. 4 months of steel hunter is 3 months to long 

Agreed!

SH is a complete luck of the draw.  Gaming should be fun, not anxiety.  I spawn as raven and see 7 more ravens on this particular run.  I grab two ammo spots and I assume the other raven had a consumable drop but how the heck in the first tiers (like tier 1 or 2) do you get a trap drop?  Thats complete crap and leaves no room to win in that scenario.  I totally understand later levels but I've only got it once in all the consumable and kill drops.  Unfortunately after an hour of game play today I went up 1 level and I assume that was because of how many games I had played and 1 3rd place finish.  

Waylandie #57 Posted Sep 23 2020 - 16:31

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 22912 battles

View PostAllieOop2, on Sep 23 2020 - 08:36, said:

What do you think winning does in FL?

_Brew_ #58 Posted Sep 23 2020 - 16:38

Major

• Players
  • 28787 battles
Frontlines was great fun.  I loved it.  I'd like to see them add some new maps to the FL rotation.  We have summer and winter...Now they need a desert map.

Goat_Rodeo #59 Posted Sep 23 2020 - 18:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 18795 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

View Postdeadizdead, on Sep 22 2020 - 23:54, said:

Participation trophies are not given out in FL in any way, shape or form. If you defend at the right time and let them cap at the right time you put more time on the clock. This allows you to rank up, make more bank, grind crews and tech tree tiers 8s on maps that are light years better than the majority of turd maps you see in randoms. 
Ive seen too many voice their need “to win to defend my honor” ...please...It never was about winning and never will be. 

Edited by Goat_Rodeo, Sep 23 2020 - 18:34.

SlappedbyRommel #60 Posted Sep 23 2020 - 19:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15325 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE

View PostCowcat137, on Sep 22 2020 - 14:06, said:

Wargaming makes a fun mode, it becomes popular, Wargaming says; "Needs more grinding". Repeat.

Oh so true but you missed one item - the goal post move much like the grind but with more distaste rather than 5 points you needed last time to get to a new level it will be 10 or 15 - very honestly tired of WG marketing and their antics. Make a decent game the average player will enjoy while not loathing to play and they will spend the cash you desperately need.

Also tagged with Frontline, Steel Hunter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users