Steel Hunter Unfair

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Tenji202 #1 Posted Sep 28 2020 - 07:24

Private

• Players
  • 6195 battles
  • [HEAL] HEAL

This is the second season of Steel Hunter currently I am participating and here is my feedback which I know will go NOWHERE in the wargaming balancing department. 

1) The game mode basically tell players if you are bad just give up because we are not going to give you any reward especially when you are playing by yourself, for solo games if you are below 15 ranks you are not getting anything you can be playing for hours and not get a single rank let alone 5 ranks for one token 

2) For those committed players who want to get 2 tier 9 tanks you better throw your life plans away because if you miss one season mean bye-bye to your free second tier 9, so that makes it less incentive to play the game mode. 

3) The matchmaking is slow, you only need 20 tanks in a solo match, you can be seeing 40 - 50 players in queue but you will be still stuck there for 2 mins for no reason 

4) Platoon is unplayable because you will never get a match up with anyone 

5) The spotting makes no sense in the game, there could be a loot right in front of your view range but you cannot see it no matter how long you look in the general direction. 

The best part of all these? they are not going to make any changes because is already too late and it would be unfair to the previous player according to the Wargaming policy 

_W_R_A_I_T_H_ #2 Posted Sep 28 2020 - 11:13

Major

• Players
  • 50624 battles

STEEL HUNTER is TRASH.

For some reason DEZGAMES loves it and WG is constantly kiss his you know what so WG thinks it is good, but most players HATE IT.  

The grind is MUCH WORSE than for FRONTLINE because FRONTLINE is FUN.  STEEL HUNTER is HORRIBLE.

The tanks are also imbalanced.  I was in a game with 20 RAVENS because the slow down mechanic is BROKEN OP.

I would MUCH rather have 8 weeks of FRONTLINE or the choice.  Run FRONTLINE next to STEEL HUNTER and 75% of the players will play FRONTLINE.

Edited by _W_R_A_I_T_H_, Sep 28 2020 - 11:15.

Blackstone #3 Posted Sep 28 2020 - 12:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 26571 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

Steel Hunter is a stupid arcade mode.

Frontline is SOO much better because:

1. you are only Tier VIII

2. you can grind crews for XP

3. Credit payout is better.

Vulcan_Spectre #4 Posted Sep 28 2020 - 12:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 12036 battles
  • [PPNRG] PPNRG

i like the gamemode

i dont like the grind they added, took time out of playing rainbow and other better games, no way

RHeadshot #5 Posted Sep 28 2020 - 13:05

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11296 battles
Not sure if something is "unfair" when you have the option to completely ignore it and not play it.

GeorgePreddy #6 Posted Sep 28 2020 - 13:12

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

I knocked it out in 2 days... but.. having said that, last season I did it in 1 day, so the grind increase is real and approximately doubled in my experience.

But the rewards are worth it.

Insanefriend #7 Posted Sep 28 2020 - 13:34

Major

• Players
  • 53975 battles

I think people wouldn't complain as much if they just made it so if you made top ten you got 50 points.  Playing a match getting to top six then getting knocked out for nothing just seemed like such a waste of time.

Getting knocked out below ten was pretty easy to avoid by playing passive hiding though.  But that strategy never let you win end game, though sometimes you could get to top five.

Edited by Insanefriend, Sep 28 2020 - 13:35.

GenPanzer #8 Posted Sep 28 2020 - 15:47

Major

• Players
  • 47778 battles
  • [COLD1] COLD1

View PostTenji202, on Sep 28 2020 - 01:24, said:

This is the second season of Steel Hunter currently I am participating and here is my feedback which I know will go NOWHERE in the wargaming balancing department. 

1) The game mode basically tell players if you are bad just give up because we are not going to give you any reward especially when you are playing by yourself, for solo games if you are below 15 ranks you are not getting anything you can be playing for hours and not get a single rank let alone 5 ranks for one token 

2) For those committed players who want to get 2 tier 9 tanks you better throw your life plans away because if you miss one season mean bye-bye to your free second tier 9, so that makes it less incentive to play the game mode. 

3) The matchmaking is slow, you only need 20 tanks in a solo match, you can be seeing 40 - 50 players in queue but you will be still stuck there for 2 mins for no reason 

4) Platoon is unplayable because you will never get a match up with anyone 

5) The spotting makes no sense in the game, there could be a loot right in front of your view range but you cannot see it no matter how long you look in the general direction. 

The best part of all these? they are not going to make any changes because is already too late and it would be unfair to the previous player according to the Wargaming policy 

1) This year's iteration added some fairly easy missions to do daily for 600 points without even having to worry about placing. It's not unreasonable to think that during the span of completing these missions, you could easily get a few battles where you place for extra points. This in turn, makes reaching rank 15 much easier and doable for even the worst players.

2) While I agree that missing out on one of these sessions is a little harsh, at least they are allowing players to cash in unused tokens for bonds. It's not much, but it's something. I am one of the unfortunate ones this year, as I was on vacation all last week. I got home Sat and played some Sat night (got to rank 8 with platoon mates), but couldn't get past rank 12 Sunday night, as almost everyone was done playing it for tokens and I had to solo it. It was brutal, for sure. There were too many that just wanted to complete their daily missions and didn't care about survival, so if you got caught out, or got put in a bad spawn location with multiple players around you, you were screwed.

3) Not sure what you are talking about here. I guess it was a little slower than I expected on the last 2 nights of the event, but I remember playing the events earlier, and with everyone starting at the same point, there was no wait at all.

4) Again, I noticed this on the last 2 days, it was taking longer to get a match. Sunday was worse than Saturday, due to less players caring about the mode. That's the nature of the beast. Early MM is much faster as everyone is starting from scratch so there is more for the MM to pull from.

5) The spotting is different. One might say it's a bit more realistic. I'm not sure why they chose that route for a fun mode, but it is what it is. As for not seeing it when looking in the direction, I'm guessing you are referring to stuff spawning in after you've searched in one direction only to look again and now there is something there. That's spawns, I guess.

Overall, this iteration is way better than last year's where you would lose chevrons. I found that mechanic to be too stressful for a fun mode. The missions this year make this mode a much more player friendly mode that one can have fun trying passive or aggressive playstyles.

Also tagged with Steel Hunter, Unfair

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users