• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

KRZYBooP #1 Posted Oct 01 2020 - 16:04

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 4793 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

Come give the upcoming changes to WoT a try in the second edition of the common test.

For more information on the CT and how to join click HERE.

The_Diadect #2 Posted Oct 01 2020 - 17:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16505 battles
  • [STB1] STB1

bring back cross-team chat and implement "the dead can't speak". the game is so much less interesting without it. the only problem with all-chat was that dead "teammates" gave away your location. if they arent a problem, then cross team chat should not be a problem.

I hate WG for doing this. Every couple patches they implement communication "improvements" which are just increasingly restrictive chat rules and restrictions. WG does everything in their power to reduce communication and teamwork in a 15v15 TEAM BASED GAME. WG seems to go out of their way to remove the fun out of the game

1 - removing team damage. it was hilarious at times and I even pulled some clutches because a greedy enemy rushed me and got themselves killed from their own, equally greedy, arty. team damaged happened sometimes but, at least for me, it wasnt that big of a problem. physics abuse and blocking teammates is exponentially more annoying and equally harder to fight against.

2 - removing fun tanks from the game. (m41-90-bulldog's 10 round autoloader, aukflpanzer etc)

3 - refusing to make any new maps (feels like I play the same 5-6 maps over and over despite having like 30 in the game) and taking away old maps without introducing a new one. at least release a map editor to the community and let us do your job for you.

4 - increasingly flat maps with corridor/ lane style designs reduce the options for interesting gameplay. Fairly often half of every map is inaccessible one way or another.

you want feedback on your pre-battle map markers? they are useless because 1- nobody uses them. at most I see 0-5 people use it per round 2- no one is obligated to use them 3- it does not show what type of tank is pledging to go to what sector, so the information is pretty useless when it is used.

Prediator #3 Posted Oct 01 2020 - 18:36

Captain

• Players
  • 31711 battles

So you are making it impossible for me to tell my teammates where the shot that killed me came from or how many hit points the enemy has left or to be able to warn them about a flank falling. if you don't want us to care about the battle and just move on to the next you are doing a good job of screwing up your game. you should want your players to care about the game and keep trying to win.. your chat changes make that impossible. when you change the rules of the battle so that I can't help or care about it anymore.. why should I care about the game that is just repeated battles.

you have screwed up the chat system since you took away cross battle chat... don't screw it up more with these stupid changes.  that or call the game what it is.. 15 idiots drinving around avoiding teamwork at all costs.  because that is all it can be when you stop and limit communication.

just explain to me how anyone can get better or learn from anyone in this game now that you have taken away the ability to chat.. they cant.. and if you take that away then there is no point in playing a mutltplayer team game where there are limits to communcation that remove any teamwork or ability to learn from any situation because you have blanket silenced teammates and teamwork.

DrWho_ #4 Posted Oct 01 2020 - 19:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 35054 battles
  • [B-S-B] B-S-B

"Players in destroyed allied vehicles can't use in-battle communication for all types of battles, except team battles (such as Clan Wars, Tournaments, and Stronghold)."

Who on earth is coming up with these silly ideas ?

A good player who's dead can be quite useful in helping out his team as a "general" if people care to pay attention

FrontenacDuVandoo #5 Posted Oct 01 2020 - 20:10

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22642 battles
  • [BBI2] BBI2

I really hope you reconsider the proposed change to chat because good things do happen in chat. Don't let the few dummies ruin it for the rest of us.

I've had games where intelligence from dead teammates made the difference in winning the game. Otherwise you have matches where people are having fun chats.

When people are annoying we can simply mute them.

Speaking of which, if WG wants to improve something with chat then they should better inform their playerbase of the options. So many people don't know of the mute function, they only rely on blacklisting.

Edited by FrontenacDuVandoo, Oct 01 2020 - 20:12.

VillainousButler #6 Posted Oct 01 2020 - 20:10

Captain

• Players
  • 21744 battles

"We're reviewing your feedback on the revamped in-battle communication system. We've already found several areas to adjust and improve for this feature."

I didn't see a single topic asking for the removal of destroyed allies' ability to communicate at all, a "disable all markers" option, or complaints that minimap markers were too large. All you're doing is changing random crap, and then tacking on an industry-standard "we're listening to the players' feedback" statement.

RedwoodOriginal #7 Posted Oct 01 2020 - 20:31

Captain

• Players
  • 20761 battles
  • [TAZZ] TAZZ
I love that all chat is back, but "the dead cant speak" cmon! can you rework that in to "the dead cant speak to the enemy team" ie; when players tank gets destroyed, he loses all chat option. Simple and effective

DrWho_ #8 Posted Oct 01 2020 - 20:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 35054 battles
  • [B-S-B] B-S-B

View PostRedwoodOriginal, on Oct 01 2020 - 20:31, said:

I love that all chat is back, but "the dead cant speak" cmon! can you rework that in to "the dead cant speak to the enemy team" ie; when players tank gets destroyed, he loses all chat option. Simple and effective

Where does it say cross team chat is back ?

Stormer100 #9 Posted Oct 01 2020 - 22:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16849 battles
Please don't remove chat for the dead, cross-chat, understandable. But no chat for the dead is too far, and sounds like the people that find this to be a problem are the same people that need to just turn chat off all together.

bake3020 #10 Posted Oct 01 2020 - 22:01

Captain

• Players
  • 134 battles
  • [-BAT-] -BAT-
Unbelievable, unbelievable.  With all the problems this game has and they are worried about a silly game mode like Steel Rigging?  It's no wonder this game is in the shape it is and it's becoming more and more apparent to everyone with each screw up like this.

nukem519 #11 Posted Oct 02 2020 - 01:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 39833 battles
  • [EYEOO] EYEOO

I was not a fan of them taking away cross-chat. But now they are going to take away chat from players that can help in-game. Where will WGing stop? Next are they going to take away chat altogether, or general chat, or personal messaging? I can see the good and the bad in this. How hard is it to create a setting, and let the player decide if they want to hear the chatter from the dead tanks.

GL & HF:)

zerostorer #12 Posted Oct 02 2020 - 12:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 59602 battles

OP,

What is/are the specific reason(s) behind Wargaming removing a dead tanker from being able to communicate and, if this rule is applied, then if you are platooned will you lose the ability to communicate with your platoon?

I vote your post up FrontenacDuVandoo. Great statement.

martingalindo #13 Posted Oct 02 2020 - 13:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39979 battles
  • [P1GS] P1GS

Still not giving the Sideskirts (spaced armor) back to the E-50M.  :facepalm:

Model right now

https://tanks.gg/tank/e-50-m/model

Model in the Test.

https://tanks.gg/v11...nk/e-50-m/model

Ta_Hun_Kwai #14 Posted Oct 09 2020 - 15:33

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19620 battles

ok well, I have something to say about the latest news feed post about patch 1.10.1 there are 4 posts about the patch but only one of the 4 (Update 1.10.1: Common Test 2 is Here!) has a forum page link that seems kinda iffy to me
you also seem to be changing the armor stats of the Chinese tanks (tier7 T-34-1, tier8 T-34-2, tier9 WZ-120 & tier10 121) but you seem to be only changing the hull armor and making the turrets giant weak spots
the Chinese tanks are meant to be played hull-down (turret exposed) or rushing on the moving so having a weak turret doesn't really help them also why does the new post only show stats update for the Chinese tier8 T-34-2 and tier10 121 and doesn't list the changes to the tier7 T-34-1 & tier9 WZ-120

Also tagged with KRZY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users