chat allchat communication teammates community suggestion chat-ban carry

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Altwar #21 Posted Oct 02 2020 - 22:10

Major

• Players
  • 62346 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

I continue to be against All-Chat because I witnessed numerous times where the opposing team would give out positions of their teammates out of bitterness, a desire to have the battle finish quicker, or just for a lack of good gamesmanship, to put it mildly.  Forever may that continue as I don't see a way to stop players from doing that again.

That being said, I'm opposed to dead teammates being automatically muted.  Once again, numerous times I've seen have been players already knocked out who give out that one piece of good advice, or positively encourage teammates who are still in the battle to keep up the good fight when it's clear those remaining players lack confidence and that may be the component that can help a team win.  Been several times where I've been one of those few remaining players, not really sure what I'm going to do next, and have had a "dead" teammate (good and bad) suggest an idea that I wasn't able to see.   For those players who died early and leave their bitter messages, that "block for the battle" option has worked just fine for me and allows me to focus on the battle at hand rather than bite on their BS. 

StoolSamples #22 Posted Oct 02 2020 - 22:13

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 296 battles

View PostStamson, on Oct 02 2020 - 12:41, said:

Yes, the reroll player who spams M44. Of course you think teammates are useless. You're basically playing cookie clicker. I wonder if you even have a keyboard :teethhappy: Maybe this is why you don't like chat.

For people who like playing online games, communication is important. 

you mean your tantrums need a captive audience to spread your conspiracy theories how your team failed to support you after you chose to over extend. ummmmm sure thing. glad its being removed. having to wade through the piles of steaming bs for that 1 tidbit of useful info is not worth it. heres a simple solution how about remaining alive for the entire battle

Edited by StoolSamples, Oct 02 2020 - 22:15.

Sam_de_Man #23 Posted Oct 02 2020 - 22:55

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4693 battles
  • [NAPLM] NAPLM

View PostAltwar, on Oct 02 2020 - 16:10, said:

I continue to be against All-Chat because I witnessed numerous times where the opposing team would give out positions of their teammates out of bitterness, a desire to have the battle finish quicker, or just for a lack of good gamesmanship, to put it mildly.  Forever may that continue as I don't see a way to stop players from doing that again.

That being said, I'm opposed to dead teammates being automatically muted.  Once again, numerous times I've seen have been players already knocked out who give out that one piece of good advice, or positively encourage teammates who are still in the battle to keep up the good fight when it's clear those remaining players lack confidence and that may be the component that can help a team win.  Been several times where I've been one of those few remaining players, not really sure what I'm going to do next, and have had a "dead" teammate (good and bad) suggest an idea that I wasn't able to see.   For those players who died early and leave their bitter messages, that "block for the battle" option has worked just fine for me and allows me to focus on the battle at hand rather than bite on their BS. 

If they implemented all-chat in the game with the following exception: that this option becomes unavailable for a player after he dies, then IMO it could work. I did enjoy chatting with members of the opposing side when it came back for Act IV.

death_stryker #24 Posted Oct 02 2020 - 23:02

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4615 battles
Why can't they just make it an option? If they can make a visibility toggle for something as irrelevant as marks of excellence why can't they do it for this?

Whistling_Death_ #25 Posted Oct 02 2020 - 23:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 73012 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostStamson, on Oct 02 2020 - 12:40, said:

WG is now planning on turning off chat for dead teammates. 

If this goes through it will be such a bad change it's insane. When I'm trying to clutch 1v4 at the end of the game, I am often asking teammates for last know positions of enemy tanks such as arty. The ability to do well in these endgame scenarios is very dependent on talking with my teammates.

Also this change, the ridiculous chat-ban system, and the turning off of all-chat are all features that kill any sense of community in random battles. We might as well be playing with bots.

Please post this in the Feedback/Suggestions area so W.o.T. staff will see your feedback/suggestion and forward it on to the Developers.  It does no good in the General Discussion area.  Here is the link;  http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/forum/260-feedback-suggestions/

RHeadshot #26 Posted Oct 03 2020 - 02:13

Major

• -Players-
  • 12428 battles

View PostSam_de_Man, on Oct 02 2020 - 21:14, said:

TY!

You are too generous, sir.

That being said, there really should be an option to turn off all chat, and perhaps there is, but I'm not aware of it. I personally find it to be of benefit to view during battle.

That's fine with me.  Give us the option.  I have no problem with those who find it useful somehow.  Unfortunately WG flat out lies about what you can do.

anonym_xotfPa5GbcgJ #27 Posted Oct 03 2020 - 03:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostRHeadshot, on Oct 03 2020 - 02:13, said:

That's fine with me.  Give us the option.  I have no problem with those who find it useful somehow.  Unfortunately WG flat out lies about what you can do.

LOl I don't know about flat out lies but they do just ignore suggestions to the game with multiple options for issues.

Christojojo #28 Posted Oct 03 2020 - 04:31

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 39171 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View Postcavalry11, on Oct 02 2020 - 13:57, said:

How can dead players talk?

A tank is out of commission it doesn't mean all crew is dead. Tankers have been known to keep fighting after their tank was knocked out.

2MOEJOE #29 Posted Oct 03 2020 - 19:53

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6826 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC
100% agree OP because ive had better players help me carry to win with chat many times this is retarded.

Stamson #30 Posted Oct 03 2020 - 20:13

Captain

• Players
  • 14226 battles
  • [PZB] PZB

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Oct 02 2020 - 23:41, said:

Please post this in the Feedback/Suggestions area so W.o.T. staff will see your feedback/suggestion and forward it on to the Developers.  It does no good in the General Discussion area.  Here is the link;  http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/forum/260-feedback-suggestions/

I'm not going to even pretend like WG listens to any of this or pretends to care. They don't read the forums, and especially not anything on NA. 

Christojojo #31 Posted Oct 03 2020 - 20:27

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 39171 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View PostStamson, on Oct 03 2020 - 14:13, said:

I'm not going to even pretend like WG listens to any of this or pretends to care. They don't read the forums, and especially not anything on NA. 

I doubt they (WG) treat the N.A. Staff that decently either.

Deputy276 #32 Posted Oct 03 2020 - 20:52

Major

• Players
  • 22746 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostAllieOop2, on Oct 02 2020 - 11:54, said:

In the rare instance that a dead guy actually adds to the value of the match is so rare its not worth having the emo idiots spamming chat with their assessment of everyone else's play that "caused" their death. Listening to go back to tier II, play Candy Crush, complaining about MM and WG or simply insulting others cluttering up chat an distracting or over riding actual live player communication its anything but a bad decision. It should of been done years ago. If anyone thinks over the years they have improved anyone's play with their "helpful" comments get a clue you have not.

I will give THAT a big AMEN. Dead man chat isn't what it used to be years ago. Now it is the "they die and they cry" chat. If you want "communications" and think it is that important, do like the unicums and platoon with voice chat. Problem solved.

Edited by Deputy276, Oct 08 2020 - 15:41.

The_Pushok #33 Posted Oct 03 2020 - 21:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 20315 battles
  • [H-UNT] H-UNT

I just feel all these chat changes are because they are planning on flooding us with bots, so getting everything set up for things to feel like playing with bots rather than playing with humans.

I am usually indifferent or supportive of the changes made, but this whole chat thing just irks me for some reason, I think it is because I enjoy the play with other humans, and chat makes it feel like there are other people, also chat is entertaining, informative, and if there is chat I do not like, well, I ignore it, lol. 

I cannot even guess why they would not allow the dead tank to talk. Get killed, well, informative to tell everyone some info about that, help, do whatever, it is like WG, due to some morons abusing the chat, decided to toss the baby out with the bath water. 

It will soon get to the point where the only communication allowed will be via hotkeys.

Altwar #34 Posted Oct 03 2020 - 23:53

Major

• Players
  • 62346 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostSam_de_Man, on Oct 02 2020 - 13:55, said:

If they implemented all-chat in the game with the following exception: that this option becomes unavailable for a player after he dies, then IMO it could work. I did enjoy chatting with members of the opposing side when it came back for Act IV.

The problem is, salty/bitter players would still give away teammate positions even while alive in the battle.  Seen it happen numerous times, so again RIP All-Chat, may it never return.

Stamson #35 Posted Oct 04 2020 - 19:58

Captain

• Players
  • 14226 battles
  • [PZB] PZB

View PostAltwar, on Oct 03 2020 - 23:53, said:

The problem is, salty/bitter players would still give away teammate positions even while alive in the battle.  Seen it happen numerous times, so again RIP All-Chat, may it never return.

Simple report system easily automates this problem. Or just don't allow dead enemies to talk.

Stamson #36 Posted Oct 05 2020 - 17:31

Captain

• Players
  • 14226 battles
  • [PZB] PZB

View PostChristojojo, on Oct 02 2020 - 18:52, said:

They have made it a lot harder to find people to platoon with. This does not build a strong community,. but slowly strangles it.

Yup, exactly the problem I have with all of these chat changes as well. It's impossible to find others to platoon with as a new player.

Like, if they want to make a single-player mode with only bots so that people who get easily offended have a place to go, that works. Killing chat just because a few people are sensitive and don't know how to ignore it is dumb.

Sam_de_Man #37 Posted Oct 05 2020 - 21:01

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4693 battles
  • [NAPLM] NAPLM

View PostStamson, on Oct 04 2020 - 13:58, said:

Simple report system easily automates this problem. Or just don't allow dead enemies to talk.

I think the point Altwar is making is that even some of the "living" players were abusing chat in that way. I don't know how much of a problem that was as it was before my time. I do know all the complaints I've heard about reporting on your teammates location were about dead players.

As far as reporting them though, does that even work?

Wild_Karrade #38 Posted Oct 05 2020 - 23:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 17172 battles

View PostAltwar, on Oct 03 2020 - 16:53, said:

It should be pointed out however, that you couldn't always take those revealed positions at face value. It wasn't uncommon for players to give out false information on purpose either.

I do miss all-chat shenanigans

Geek_Verve #39 Posted Oct 05 2020 - 23:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8979 battles
  • [DHO] DHO

View PostAllieOop2, on Oct 02 2020 - 13:57, said:

An example of a player who wanted to get better and that is a rare thing on EU or NA now. I don't unfortunately agree that the majority of after death conversation are in anyway constructive. Unfortunately again what happens to chat is a result of the people who simply cant control themselves.

I think that's confirmation bias rearing its ugly head. The immature knuckleheads are what we remember, because they irritate the crap out of us. Disabling chat for all dead players to muzzle the malcontents would be akin to outlawing crossing streets on foot, because there are too many jaywalkers.

BEASTY_BUCKEYE #40 Posted Oct 06 2020 - 02:35

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 44767 battles
Are players really this frail, and so sensitive to getting their feeling hurt. That they needed to implement this type of system. How sad. 

Also tagged with chat, allchat, communication, teammates, community, suggestion, chat-ban, carry

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users