chat allchat communication teammates community suggestion chat-ban carry

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

anonym_xotfPa5GbcgJ #61 Posted Oct 10 2020 - 20:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View Postbigdaddybones30, on Oct 07 2020 - 00:14, said:

How about everybody put their "big girl" panties on and quit getting butt hurt over every little thing! Bring back all cat. Turn chat ban off. And let the thick skinned win!!! Its a game!

Its not about the content KAREN its about cluttering chat with the useless things that folks like you vomit all over the screen so you cant actually see the few things that are said thats important. Add to that cross chat where you get a big epeen over saying garbage to the other team it negates the purpose of the chat which is to help the team. Got it KAREN?

anonym_xotfPa5GbcgJ #62 Posted Oct 10 2020 - 20:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostTao_Te_Hobbit, on Oct 10 2020 - 19:47, said:

Because many of those people demonstrate repeatedly that they are annoying prootwaddles (redundant, I know) without the least sense of courtesy or decency and who failed miserably at every "works and plays well with others" test they received in life.  Many of the remainder are snowflakes who don't know how to ignore prootwaddles or where the "turn off general chat in game" checkbox is.

So, because of the two groups, Mom takes the toys away and demonstrates, yet again, why we can't have nice things.

Well said actually an correct IMO.

anonym_xotfPa5GbcgJ #63 Posted Oct 10 2020 - 20:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostBEASTY_BUCKEYE, on Oct 09 2020 - 23:02, said:

No, on a construction site. You don't see this kind of weakness there. 

No you see ignorance and stupidity disguised as "man" talk. Then go out an have a beer and talk some more nonsense to each other. Its the guys way right? I have a personal opinion about men needing to bond together but forum rules prevent me from explaining it.

Deputy276 #64 Posted Oct 10 2020 - 21:47

Major

• Players
  • 22746 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostTao_Te_Hobbit, on Oct 10 2020 - 12:47, said:

Because many of those people demonstrate repeatedly that they are annoying prootwaddles (redundant, I know) without the least sense of courtesy or decency and who failed miserably at every "works and plays well with others" test they received in life.  Many of the remainder are snowflakes who don't know how to ignore prootwaddles or where the "turn off general chat in game" checkbox is.

So, because of the two groups, Mom takes the toys away and demonstrates, yet again, why we can't have nice things.

I'm sorry, but I had to report your post. I found "prootwaddles" offensive and that word will have to be added to the other naughty words you can't say on the forum or in battle. If you get suspended, I also apologize. :)

Stamson #65 Posted Oct 12 2020 - 21:16

Captain

• Players
  • 14226 battles
  • [PZB] PZB

View PostDeputy276, on Oct 10 2020 - 00:40, said:

They said the same thing when they took away inter-team chat. But there was no mass exodus as predicted. That turned into wishful thinking and nothing more.

It's never going to be a mass exodus. These changes don't cause people to immediately leave the game.

What these changes cause is much worse, a slow decline in the player base due to lack of community. 

Deputy276 #66 Posted Oct 13 2020 - 15:47

Major

• Players
  • 22746 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostStamson, on Oct 12 2020 - 14:16, said:

It's never going to be a mass exodus. These changes don't cause people to immediately leave the game.

What these changes cause is much worse, a slow decline in the player base due to lack of community. 

Lack of community? I don't get that at all. Do you need a hug from a bunch of strangers to feel comfortable? Looking at all the posts on this forum, seems like the "community" is still doing well. And while I keep seeing this alleged "decline in player base, I am still able to get into a game in less than 30 seconds and sometimes in just 3 seconds or immediately.   

StoolSamples #67 Posted Oct 13 2020 - 16:01

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 296 battles

View PostBEASTY_BUCKEYE, on Oct 09 2020 - 14:02, said:

No, on a construction site. You don't see this kind of weakness there. 

and you see too much butt crack that cannot be unseen so your point is?

Craig234 #68 Posted Oct 13 2020 - 17:06

Major

• Players
  • 57215 battles
Bad idea. On a related note, there's a bug/design that makes no sense where killed tanks can still here any activity near them and report it to their team.

Edited by Craig234, Oct 13 2020 - 17:07.

Stamson #69 Posted Oct 13 2020 - 20:33

Captain

• Players
  • 14226 battles
  • [PZB] PZB

View PostDeputy276, on Oct 13 2020 - 15:47, said:

Lack of community? I don't get that at all. Do you need a hug from a bunch of strangers to feel comfortable? Looking at all the posts on this forum, seems like the "community" is still doing well. And while I keep seeing this alleged "decline in player base, I am still able to get into a game in less than 30 seconds and sometimes in just 3 seconds or immediately.   

Once again, you might as well go play with a bunch of bots if communication is not important to you. 

The forums and subreddit are dead compared to any other major online multiplayer game like League of Legends.

Matchmaker puts you into a game fast. A game with 3 arties and 5 lights per team. Less than half the people in the match are actually playing World of Tanks. The quality of the matches is poor because there aren't enough people playing actual tanks.

SquiggyMcPew #70 Posted Oct 13 2020 - 20:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 91 battles

View PostAllieOop2, on Oct 10 2020 - 20:20, said:

Its not about the content KAREN its about cluttering chat with the useless things that folks like you vomit all over the screen so you cant actually see the few things that are said thats important. Add to that cross chat where you get a big epeen over saying garbage to the other team it negates the purpose of the chat which is to help the team. Got it KAREN?

View PostAllieOop2, on Oct 10 2020 - 20:27, said:

No you see ignorance and stupidity disguised as "man" talk. Then go out an have a beer and talk some more nonsense to each other. Its the guys way right? I have a personal opinion about men needing to bond together but forum rules prevent me from explaining it.

:girl:

ArtyTouchedMyNoNoPlace #71 Posted Oct 14 2020 - 21:01

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 355 battles

View PostStamson, on Oct 13 2020 - 20:33, said:

Once again, you might as well go play with a bunch of bots if communication is not important to you. 

The forums and subreddit are dead compared to any other major online multiplayer game like League of Legends.

Matchmaker puts you into a game fast. A game with 3 arties and 5 lights per team. Less than half the people in the match are actually playing World of Tanks. The quality of the matches is poor because there aren't enough people playing actual tanks.

strange how wg has multiple choices as to what anyone can play. sorry it doesnt the meet your high standards within your game. oooooops my bad you dont have your own game and have to play what others make available for you

Stamson #72 Posted Oct 15 2020 - 23:34

Captain

• Players
  • 14226 battles
  • [PZB] PZB

View PostArtyTouchedMyNoNoPlace, on Oct 14 2020 - 21:01, said:

strange how wg has multiple choices as to what anyone can play. sorry it doesnt the meet your high standards within your game. oooooops my bad you dont have your own game and have to play what others make available for you

I mean, I don't really have a problem with it but if the one guy is going to act like MM is amazing and put's you into a great game instantly, it simply isn't the case. I'm just pointing out the flaws. I'm pretty sure most people enjoy games with less arties and lights per game.

cavalry11 #73 Posted Oct 15 2020 - 23:43

Captain

• Players
  • 57586 battles
  • [APG] APG
player is dead tank is dead how can they communicate, no voice no radio, it is a nuisance glad to have it gone.

cavalry11 #74 Posted Oct 15 2020 - 23:45

Captain

• Players
  • 57586 battles
  • [APG] APG
Idiots you can not communicate with bots and you also should not be able to communicate with dead players.

ACandieCaneKilling #75 Posted Oct 16 2020 - 08:53

Captain

• Players
  • 72631 battles
  • [TRIO] TRIO

I often help other players by sharing where they should go, especially NEW players in lower tiers, to help them work as a team like CALLING the game in a tournee with your clan mates.

Often someone is just better at calling where to go, or hide, or just general advice or comments to help everyone with the big picture & for this reason I can't see how shutting down dead players makes sense.

I am of course talking about when the advice being given is sound & responsible, based on really good experience, common sense & where the dead player is truly trying to help the last tank standing to win the game & support them.

Look at it this way: When do players suddenly become stupid, forget all their learned skills & knowledge of the game just cause they died? WE DON'T. And often those skills & experience are needed & wanted by the last tanks standing.

Often we can & do help others to come together & see the map from an outside perspective, when the remaining players are TOO focussed on what they are doing at that very moment.

Dead players can often be the eyes & give GOOD advice to the remaining players, especially when it comes to EXPERIENCE, knowledge of tanks & overall knowledge of the gaming mechanics, which can help a LOT of players to make good choices at the end of a game, when they are the only ones left & up against a wall or outgunned or out numbered. MANY players do NOT want to be left alone & this will do just that, abandon them.

WHY leave them totally alone with no one to ask to help, or give advice when they ask for it, which happens a LOT.

ALSO, what about encouragement. Telling unsure players they can succeed if they focus & pay tention & where to go, not to go, who to look out for.

Silencing dead players will often ruin the final moments of a game for newer players who don't know what to do or where to go or when they simply haven't learned enough about other tanks they are about to face & need mechanical knowledge.

Players OFTEN ask; "WHAT SHOULD I DO?" "WHERE SHOULD I GO?" & better, more knowledgeable players can help & DO help.

YES I know often some players are rude & salty & add nothing to the game, but I am suggesting that most players NEED SUPPORT; especially when they are the only tank left in the game & are unsure what to do next.

Sometimes a player will ask a technical question such as; "Does anyone know the reload time of THAT tank?" or "Where do I need to hit this specific enemy tank to pen it for a reset?" or "How do I track this tank, what ammo do I use?" etc...

Silencing dead players leaves ANYONE who needs help ALONE & frustrated & I think the good advice outweighs any salty or rude players & this shouldn't happen.

SAY NO TO SILENCING THE CHAT. Say NO to abandoning your team mates.

Candie

cleetus #76 Posted Oct 20 2020 - 13:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 40142 battles
  • [FTPFC] FTPFC

Just ate a ban and wanted to know what words were not allowed in chat:

Cancer, crap, and POS are not allowed.

Just letting you know. Fortunately it was only a 1 day ban this time.

Cupujoe #77 Posted Oct 20 2020 - 13:13

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11 battles

View Postcavalry11, on Oct 15 2020 - 23:45, said:

Idiots you can not communicate with bots and you also should not be able to communicate with dead players.

The tank is knocked out,  doesn't mean that the crew is dead.

anonym_xotfPa5GbcgJ #78 Posted Oct 20 2020 - 18:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View Postcleetus, on Oct 20 2020 - 13:07, said:

Just ate a ban and wanted to know what words were not allowed in chat:

Cancer, crap, and POS are not allowed.

Just letting you know. Fortunately it was only a 1 day ban this time.

I finally managed to get a chat ban after trying to see what it took to get one. I had tried just saying random words and curse words that didn't buy me one. I decided to direct it towards some players that probably were in the process of getting a ban themselves. I got nailed at 4:30 AM with the one day ban. No big deal i have chat turned off most of the time. BUT I had not played since 8:30 PM so for any that think its instant it is not.

Rhedae #79 Posted Oct 21 2020 - 19:18

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1980 battles

View PostStamson, on Oct 02 2020 - 18:40, said:

WG is now planning on turning off chat for dead teammates. 

If this goes through it will be such a bad change it's insane. When I'm trying to clutch 1v4 at the end of the game, I am often asking teammates for last know positions of enemy tanks such as arty. The ability to do well in these endgame scenarios is very dependent on talking with my teammates.

Also this change, the ridiculous chat-ban system, and the turning off of all-chat are all features that kill any sense of community in random battles. We might as well be playing with bots.

Well the dead giving you advice, is a little unfair for the other side, just saying.

Craig234 #80 Posted Oct 23 2020 - 17:06

Major

• Players
  • 57215 battles
This is a bad idea.

And people arguing 'realism', then get rid of instantly having spotted tanks on other tanks' maps, make the tankers give verbal descriptions of the enemy locations..

Also tagged with chat, allchat, communication, teammates, community, suggestion, chat-ban, carry

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users