Rocketman’s Guide to Completing the Object 279 Missions While Minimizing WoT Rage

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Rocketmandb #1 Posted Oct 05 2020 - 18:42

Major

• Players
  • 59042 battles
  • [WSHED] WSHED

Introduction

The title to this guide is a long one, but I believe it to be the most important aspect of completing the missions necessary to get the Object 279. Many (most) of the missions are maddening in the least, and some approach rage-inducing levels due to their abysmal designs. Before starting down the 279 path, you must understand a few basic truths:

1. You will get angry at the game… very angry. It’s almost as if the missions are designed for just that purpose.
  2. If you care about your stats, understand that they will take a hit—a big one in some instances.
  3. You will need to get certain tanks to effectively complete some missions. Depending on your situation, this might mean grinding entire new tank lines just to get a couple missions done.
  4. You will have to play some tanks in certain missions in a manner that is dramatically contrary to the way the game is meant to be played – there’s that abysmal mission design again.
  5. The Object 279 missions take a fair amount of time to complete. Don’t think you can binge for a few weeks and get them done.
  6. To minimize rage and frustration, you will need to use a lot of Orders collected during the Excalibur, Chimera, and potentially final missions of the Object 279 branches.

Basic Strategy – Orders

One thing that is helpful in completing entire trees of missions is the Order system Wargaming has instituted. Orders are obtained by completing the last (15th) and final mission in a branch with honors—including from the Excalibur and Chimera mission sets. Via orders you can use a single one to skip a single mission within a certain branch. This is very helpful with a few of the more horribly designed missions. The last mission in each branch, however, takes three Orders to complete. The nice thing here, though, is that you can skip every other mission in a branch by using three on the last one, meaning you can skip entire branches by spending three orders. Before I started, I had two Orders from the Excalibur branches and two from the Chimera branches. The Excalibur orders are fairly easy to get. The requirements to get Orders for a couple of the last missions in the Chimera mission set approach stupid levels. Count on getting all four of the Excalibur Orders and whichever Chimera Orders you can.

The “Skip Two Branches” Strategy

One Order strategy is to is to get the maximum number of orders possible and skip two full branches. There are a total of 10 available for this strategy, with four being available from the Excalibur final missions, four from the Chimera missions, and two from the branches you decide to play in the Object 279 missions. If you use six for skipping two of the branches entirely, you have potentially four left to skip individual missions in the branches you do play. As mentioned, though, while getting the four final missions done with honors in the Excalibur branch is pretty straight forward, getting them done in the Chimera branch is less so. Trying to get all those done with honors is every bit as frustrating as some of the worst Object 279 missions. I figured I’d need three orders to bypass particularly difficult missions in two of the branches, plus the six to skip two branches, for a total of nine, possibly eight. This would necessitate me completing the final Excalibur mission with honors (easy), BOTH of the final missions with honors in the branches I did play, plus completing one more of the Chimera final missions with honors. I felt this would be too rage inducing.

The “Skip One Branch” Strategy

I felt it would be slightly easier to only skip one branch, while selectively skipping difficult missions in the three branches I chose to play. I estimated it would take five orders to skip tough missions, plus the three for skipping one branch altogether. This would mean that I’d need one less Order - only two more from either the final missions in the Chimera tree or the three final Object 279 missions of the branches I played. This gives a lot more flexibility should one particular path prove too difficult for your style and/or capabilities, though it is longer because you have to complete more missions.

The “Skip No Branch” Strategy

You can probably get away with skipping two missions in the Union branch, one in the Alliance and either 1 or 2 in each the Bloc or Coalition, depending on how masochistic you are. This strategy will clearly take longer, as you have to complete more missions, but it also means you have to do less of the really hard missions by garnering only 7 total Orders (worst case) and 5(!!!) best case, at least by the way I play and which missions cause me the most rage.

Ranking the Missions

For the purposes of this guide, I have ranked the missions with three different criteria (range from 1: worst to 4: best):

• Skill Required: Pretty self explanatory. Can you be a potato and get this done, or do you have to have some modicum of skill?
  • Tank Specificity: Are certain tanks required, or can you use almost any tank? 1 = any tank. 4 = only a couple can effectively do it.
  • Reliance on Teammates: Do you have to rely on your teammates to get the mission done, or can you do it with a team of tomatoes? 1 = Who cares what your team does… 4= Your team has to be decent AND both contribute and not get in your way (e.g. other scouts stealing your spots).
  • Map Specificity: Are certain maps required? 1 = Any will do. 4 = High level of map restriction (e.g. damage blocking doesn’t work well on Prok)
  • Rage Inducement: Do I need to go into details here? 1 = Low Rage. 4 = High

Rocketmandb #2 Posted Oct 05 2020 - 18:43

Major

• Players
  • 59042 battles
  • [WSHED] WSHED

The Missions: Union

Summary:

Overall, I would not classify the Union missions as easy. There are a number that take a lot of redoing to get done, and in many cases you have to use tanks not ideally suited for the particular mission. If you go the skip-two-branch strategy, then this would probably be one of the skips for me. Still, most of the missions are doable. I ended up skipping two in this branch.

Union 1: Invaluable Assistance
Average 2000 assisted damage across 5 missions (you must get a minimum of 500)

Skill: 3 – Tank: 3 – Team: 4 – Map: 4 – Rage: 4
Total Difficulty: 18

Recommended Tanks: SKIP

This mission seems easy, but for me it was a pain in the butt, not in small part due to the fact that Russian tanks are not the best scouts and passive scouting is far more difficult these days with new equipment and wheelies.

Union 2: Effective Fire
Cause 2x the hp of your vehicle in damage 3 matches in a row

Skill: 1 – Tank: 2 – Team: 1 – Map: 2 – Rage: 1
Total Difficulty: 7

Recommended Tanks: Any applicable arty

This is one of the easiest missions to complete. Roll out with an arty, reset if you get Himmelsdorf, get it with honors.

Union 3: Not a Step Back
Destroy 15 enemy vehicles over 10 battles

Skill: 2 – Tank: 1 – Team: 2 – Map: 1 – Rage: 1

Recommended Tanks: Any tier 8 that you play best in. Pref matchmaking helps.

Another pretty easy mission. Reset your progress until you have something like a 3 or 4 kill match to start. I did this in my 112 due to the preponderance of all tier-8 battles it sees. If you happen to get a top-tier battle where you’re seeing tier 6s, then it’s easy. Again, tier 8s are best for this because you will tend to see more lower tier tanks and more lesser-skilled players.

Union 4: You Will Not Break Through!
Block an average of 8 hits per battle over 5 battles (minimum 2 to count).

Skill: 2 – Tank: 3 – Team: 2 – Map: 3 – Rage: 2
Total Difficulty: 12

Recommended Tanks: 112, Wz-111, KV-4.

I did this mission before the recent buffs to the KV-4. I used the 112 and it took maybe 5-6 tries. The KV-4 should be able to knock this out quickly. Again, like Union 3, reset until you’re in a good match where you’re up against tier 6s and you get like 10 bounces. The rest come easy.

Union 5: Heroic Triple
Be among the top three players in the battle by damaged caused – 3 battles in a row.

Skill: 3 – Tank: 2 – Team: 2 – Map: 1 – Rage: 3
Total Difficulty: 11

Recommended Tanks: Pref 8s or Tier 10s that you’re best in.

This is another one I used my 112 for. Since it sees so many all-8 battles, along with the occasional top tier, it has a good shot at getting higher damage. Note that this is not just being top on your team, it has to be in the entire battle, meaning that if your team gets rolled quickly, you likely won’t have a chance to get it. Honestly, this mission is really just a numbers game. Play enough with a tank you’re good in, and it will happen.

Union 6: Don’t Stop Me Now
Be the top player on your team by number of vehicles destroyed (min 2) three out of seven battles.

Skill: 3 – Tank: 2 – Team: 2 – Map: 1 – Rage: 2
Total Difficulty: 10

Recommended Tanks: Anything that shoots fast and you’re good in.

Since you will always start with one of the three necessary battles as top player by kills (by resetting if you don’t get it), that means you only need to do the same again in 2 out of the remaining 6. This is not a tall order. Like the previous mission, do this enough and it will happen. Fortunately, it just isn’t that hard. I like using faster firing tanks that give you the ability to shift your fire and vulch kills on low-health tanks.

Union 7: Is There Anyone There?
Damage or destroy at least 3 internal modules or crew three battles in a row.

Skill: 2 – Tank: 4 – Team: 2 – Map: 2 – Rage: 4
Total Difficulty: 14

Recommended Tanks: T-103 (preferred by far) or ISU-152

T-103???? Really? Well, getting internal module/crew kills is all about HE. The T-103 has a little-known bonus of having a 90 HE pen – and it fires fast. This allows it to hit the cheeks/sides of turrets and crew hatches to get lots of nice crew crits. I was having a hell of a time getting this mission done until I realized the 103 had such good HE pen and switched from trying in the 152 to making it happen in the 103 – first try. Why does it get a 4 ranking on Rage? If I had done the 103 right off, it would have gotten a 2, maybe. But because it forces you to play tanks in a manner that is counterproductive to your success, it is crappy, crappy, crappy mission design.

Union 8: Lone Wolf
Earn the Fire for Effect Award 7 battles out of 10

Skill: 3 – Tank: 2 – Team: 1 – Map: 1 – Rage: 3

Recommended Tanks: TDs (SU-130 is a good one)

The Fire for Effect Award is given when you do more damage than the hp of your vehicle (can’t get it in arty). Essentially you need to make this happen 6 out of 9 tries (after the obligatory first one). It can be a little rage-inducing when you miss by one shot a couple times in a row, but this is yet another mission where if you are a decent player and play enough, you’ll get it. Getting ~1100-1200 damage in a tier 8 TD is not very difficult. With the SU-130 it means 3 hits, with ISU-152, it means two…

Union 9: Open Season
Destroy 3 enemy vehicle two battles in a tow

Skill: 2 – Tank: 1 – Team: 2 – Map: 2 – Rage: 1
Total Difficulty: 8

Recommended Tanks: Any tier 8+ that you average the most kills in

This is honestly one of the easiest, and it takes very little thought or planning. It also doesn’t force you to fundamentally change how you play the game. Play enough games, and any skill level person will get this eventually. I tend to try this type of mission in fast-firing tier 8s.

Union 10: I am a Rock
Block 15,000 damage over 10 battles

Skill: 1 – Tank: 4 – Team: 2 – Map: 3 – Rage: 3
Total Difficulty: 13

Recommended Tanks: Object 268-4, KV-4 (Risky)

If you have the Object 268 V4, then this mission is pretty easy. Drive to a place, preferably where you can hide your viewfinder weak spot, and sit and soak up blocked damage. DON’T FIRE – you want them shooting at you, not backing up after you shoot them. I tried this with the newly buffed KV-4, and would have gotten it if not for the couple tier 10 matches thrown in the mix. Tier 10 guns just chew through that tank. Lower tiers bounced when you side scrape. When I used the 268 v4 I got numerous 4k+ blocked matches. I completed it with honors in 8 games. It is awfully hard, though, to just sit there, wiggling a little bit, and not firing while people lob shells at you.

Union 11: Shoot ‘em to Pieces
Average 8 penetrating hits over 10 battles (min 5 in a battle to count)

Skill: 3 – Tank: 3 – Team: 2 – Map: 2 – Rage: 3

Recommended Tanks: Tier 8, fast-firing, high pen – T-44, Obj 416, LTTB, LT-432

I used a combination of the T-44, LT-432 and LTTB for this. I like the light tanks because you can get on a flanks and fire from cover with a good chance to pen. The T-44 works well, because if you get in a lower tier game, you can bully and get a lot of hits in. The 416 is just okay here because it’s a little slower firing, but it does pen just about any hit and can do so vs. tier 10s. This mission is not as easy as it sounds due to the 5-hit minimum for a match’s results to count. The key with this one, like so many others, is to keep resetting the first mission if you don’t get like 12+ hits. Once you do get a sufficiently high number, use that extra cushion to help get you through. It should go without saying that you want to exclusively use premium ammo while attempting this.

Union 12: Every Possible Assistance
Enable allies to kill 7 tanks by spotting or tracking them – over 10 battles

Skill: 3 – Tank: 3 – Team: 4 – Map: 3 – Rage: 1

Recommended Tanks: LTTB, LT-432, WZ-132

This is the first mission employed using my LTTB strategy. Basically, I tricked out an LTTB with every possible view range enhancement (including the new Commander’s Vision System) – Bounty Vents, Bounty Optics, CVS – used food and both view range crew perks. This got me to a 518 view range! Now, normally I HATE spotting/tracking kill missions, but for some stupid reason, this one is only 7 enabled kills over 10 matches, while the Alliance one is nearly 3x that at 20! Really WG? Anyway, this takes a little doing, but I found that I enjoyed doing it with the tricked out LTTB (hence the low Rage rating). It is very team-reliant, which can be annoying. Note: I had like 20 battles in the LTTB before I tried this, and was at about a 58% win rate. I am now at 87 battles with a 66% win rate and two MoEs. That means I was getting somewhere in the 70s for win rate with this config - fun!

Union 13: Moment of Glory
Get 2 Top Gun awards in 12 battles

Skill: 4 – Tank: 2 – Team: 3 – Map: 1 – Rage: 4

Recommended Tanks: NONE! SKIP!

Seems easy: play until you get one Top Gun, resetting until you do, then you have 11 battles to get just one more! It’s not, and it is very rage-inducing. Go look at your stats for Top Guns earned in tier 8+ tanks. Some examples for me: T-10, 2 Top Guns out of 190 battles (ouch), T-54: 9 out of 1380, IS-3: 12 out of 1566, IS-6: 16 out of 925, 416: 11 out of 822 – roughly 1 out of 100 battles for a Top Gun (a little less on some of the tanks I’m better in). The odds are simply not in your favor – this leads to a lot of unnecessary grinding and a lot of rage. I skipped this.

Union 14: Heavy Rain
Stun an enemy vehicle 80 times over 10 battles

Skill: 1 – Tank: 4 – Team: 2 – Map: 3 – Rage: 1

Recommended Tanks: Object 261

Pretty easy mission in the Object 261. It’s fast-firing and can scoot around the map. Again, wait until you have like a 12-hit match, resetting until you do, the kick it off. The keys here are 1) not focusing on one tank, and 2) trying to get double or triple hits. Fire at one tank (or group of tanks) then immediately change targets to another. This took me a couple tries, but it was pretty straight forward. The only bummers are when your team collapses and you get skunked.

Union 15: The Pride of the Union
Get a Master Badge Class 1 three times over 20 battles – Get Ace Tanker 3x for Honors!

Skill: 4 – Tank: 4 – Team: 3 – Map: 3 – Rage: 2
Total Difficulty: 16 (with honors)

Recommended Tanks: LTTB ALL THE WAY!

First off, you want to get this with honors so you get the extra Order. However, Russian tanks get played a lot and Ace Tankers are hard to come by. I’m not much of a fan of many of the Chinese tanks. This is where the aforementioned tricked-out LTTB comes in. I completed this (without honors – only got 2 Aces) in the first try, then the very next match I played, I got an Ace (grrr… one game away). However, I then proceeded to get two more Aces over the next 4 battles. So, over 25 battles, I got 5 Ace Tanker awards. Fun, fun, fun, all topped off with an Order.

Edited by Rocketmandb, Oct 05 2020 - 18:49.

Rocketmandb #3 Posted Oct 05 2020 - 18:43

Major

• Players
  • 59042 battles
  • [WSHED] WSHED

The Missions: Alliance

Summary:

I found the Alliance missions to be among the quickest and, for the most part, easiest to complete. This is primarily due to the fact that the nations involved have tanks that are essentially tailor-made for many of the missions. Every other nation set has some missions that require you to try and make a tank work for a mission it’s not great at. Not so here.

Alliance 1: A Sure Shooter
Get the Fire for Effect Award 5 times in 10 battles.

Skill: 2 – Tank: 2 – Team: 1 – Map: 1 – Rage: 2

Recommended Tanks: Tier 8 TDs – Charioteer is great for this with its low HP and high DPM

So, wait a minute, didn’t the Union branch have this same mission, but you need to do it 7 out of 10? Why? Whatever, this is easier. Use TDs – remember, arty won’t work here.  

Alliance 2: Among the Best
Be among the top 3 players on your team by damage caused 3 battles in a row.

Skill: 3 – Tank: 1 – Team: 1 – Map: 1 – Rage: 1

Recommended Tanks: Tier 10 you’re best in or pref MM tier 8 (a little riskier)

Why is this one so easy? Well, it is being among the top 3 on your team. This is a critical distinction vs. other similar missions because even if your team gets rolled, you can still come out on top. While it will likely take a few tries, you’re playing exactly as you would normally play, so rage factor is low.

Alliance 3: Always on Duty
Enable your team to kill an average of 2 vehicles over 10 battles

Skill: 3 – Tank: 4 – Team: 4 – Map: 4 – Rage: 4
Total Difficulty: 19

Recommended Tanks: Scouts, but SKIP IT!

This mission is so freaking team dependent, and the fact that it is over 10 battles maximizes rage potential. Some people have gotten lucky and done it in one try. I was ALMOST one of those people, averaging 1.8 over the requisite 10 battles. I then proceeded to fail miserably in the rest of my attempts. It’s also forcing you to NOT KILL tanks, which is counter to good game play. Badly designed mission – SKIP IT!

Alliance 4: Just Warming Up
Cause 30,000 HP of damage over 10 battles

Skill: 4 – Tank: 3 – Team: 3 – Map: 1 – Rage: 3

Recommended Tanks: Tier 10s you’re best in

This is a bit of a tough mission, and it will likely take a number of tries. I started off playing a Chieftain. That was a mistake as everyone focuses you, which inhibits your damage potential. I switched and mostly used a T57, and completed this with honors. It helped that I started with three 5k+ damage matches in the first five. As with other damage missions, fire copious amounts of gold. And oh yeah, the Anonymizer is your friend.

Alliance 5: Stunning Performance
Stun a total of 40 vehicles over 10 battles.

Skill: 1 – Tank: 3 – Team: 1 – Map: 3 – Rage: 1
Total Difficulty: 9

Recommended Tanks: 3805 with the first gun… yes, the first gun. This is the key to completing any arty mission in the game that allows you to use this tank. Trust me on this – the missions become trivial.

Okay, see what I wrote in “Recommended Tanks,” memorize it, test yourself regularly, then do it. I did this mission with honors in like 6 matches. How? With the baby gun, the 3805 fires once every 17 seconds with a 12 second stun. And it’s decently accurate. It just does almost no damage.

Alliance 6: Reliable Ally
Earn the Confederate award two games out of seven.

Skill: 1 – Tank: 3 – Team: 1 – Map: 2 – Rage: 1

Recommended Tanks: Remember what I said about the 3805?

To get a Confederate award, you need to hit six different vehicles and have someone else kill them. Basically, it means your team needs to win, but otherwise hitting six tanks with the 3805 is a trivial exercise… with honors.

Alliance 7: In Armor We Trust
Average 2000 damage over 10 battles with a minimum of 750 in a battle.

Skill: 1 – Tank: 4 – Team: 2 – Map: 2 – Rage: 3

Recommended Tanks: Tortoise.

The Tortoise absolutely shines in this mission. In tier 10 matches it will suffer a bit, but in tier 9s at medium and longer range, you just roll out in the open and soak up the hits. What I don’t like about these missions, like I mentioned above, is that you DON’T WANT TO SHOOT or you will make people pull back instead of shoot you – this is counter to how you should play, which, again, means poor mission design. Fortunately for this one, the Tort lowers the pain somewhat.

Alliance 8: Simple Geometry
Damage 30 internal modules/crew over 10 battles .

Skill: 2 – Tank: 4 – Team: 2 – Map: 2 – Rage: 4

Recommended Tanks: FV215b-183, FV4005 – far less effective is the Super Conq and Badger, followed by arty if you’re in a pinch for tanks.

Why does this mission have such a high difficulty rating? Because 1) it’s dramatically RNG-influenced, 2) it is insanely rage inducing, 3) if forces you to play the tank in a way that dramatically impacts your stats, both from a win/loss perspective and damage. It is also a mission that all but forces you to play through TEN matches this way, only to find out on the last one that YOU MISSED BY ONE OR TWO MODULES (this happened to me three times in this one – and almost as bad in the Coalition version. Okay, deep breadth, then, because this is so RNG-based, you finish it with honors. Note that the modules damaged must be INTERNAL modules, so no tracks or vision devices. The key here really is one of the 183-armed HE monsters. Load one up with HESH and try to angle for the right shots. Prioritize lightly armored targets (love Grilles, Waffles, Skorps, SU-130s, etc., followed by lighter mediums and scouts). I found the best results were garnered when you shoot for turret sides/cheeks and commander hatches. Even if you don’t pen, you will tend to get a crit every couple shots, or sometimes multiples in a single shot. Unless you know you’re going to pen (like the side or back of a tank), don’t shoot the hull. I had multiple double-digit crit games (a good hit on a Skorp gets you 5 crits), of course most then got followed up by a series of zeroes or ones, forcing me to start over. I really hated this mission, probably the single most hated mission that I didn’t skip.

Alliance 9: Seeing Stars
Stun for a total of 1500 seconds over 10 battles

Skill: 1 – Tank: 4 – Team: 2 – Map: 3 – Rage: 1

Recommended Tanks: 3805 with the baby gun.

No need to talk through anything here. Use the same 3805 as discussed previously. It’s hard with anything else, easy with the 3805.

Alliance 10: Unlocking Potential
Cause 2x damage times the HP of your tank 4 battles out of 7.

Skill: 1 – Tank: 3 – Team: 2 – Map: 3 – Rage: 1

Recommended Tanks: Arty.

This is an easy mission in any arty. You should be able to complete it with honors (do it in 5 out of 7 battles).

Alliance 11: The Right Place at the Right Time
Enable your allies to cause 1000 damage to tanks stunned by you 4 out of 7 battles

Skill: 1 – Tank: 3 – Team: 2 – Map: 2 – Rage: 1

Recommended Tanks: 3805, followed by any arty, but really… use the 3805.

Another trivially easy mission to complete with the 3805. If I haven’t impressed upon you the importance of getting a 3805 and arming it with the first gun to complete these missions, please stop reading now.

Alliance 12: Rock-Solid
Be the top player by damage blocked (min 1000) 4 out of 7 battles

Skill: 1 – Tank: 4 – Team: 2 – Map: 3 – Rage: 2

Recommended Tanks: Tortoise.

Another stupid blocked damage mission. As before, Tort works very well here. Fortunately, this one is a little easier (and shorter) than the other.

Alliance 13: Big Shark
Be among the top 3 players in the battle by experience earned 3 games in a row.

Skill: 3 – Tank: 3 – Team: 3 – Map: 3 – Rage: 4
Total Difficulty: 16

Recommended Tanks: Kitted out Bulldog (see mission 15), followed by any scout, followed by any tank you’re best in.

On the surface, this seems like an easy mission. I mean you only have to be top 3, and only for 3 games! On a match by match basis it is quite easy, but then look closely at the description. You have to be top 3 in the BATTLE. This means that you have to win, then you have to be top 3. Let’s assume that you’re better than the average player by a fair margin, and you’ll finish in the top 3 on your team maybe a third of the time. Well, you also have to win the battle. Let’s say your win rate is 55%. That means in any given battle, you have an 18% chance of finishing in the top 3 in the battle. Now you have to do it two battles in a row after getting the first one, that’s 18% x 18%, which equals about 3%. Yes, you will have to play dozens of times on average AFTER you get the first one. This one is a pure numbers game and it will likely take time. Scouts help up the overall experience percentage – see Bulldog write up in mission 15 below.  

Alliance 14: Welcome to My Collection
Cause damage to 30 different enemy vehicles over 7 battles.

Skill: 2 – Tank: 4 – Team: 2 – Map: 3 – Rage: 2

Recommended Tanks: Do I need to say it? Really? 3805…

An arty firing every 17 seconds makes it pretty easy to meet the necessary 4.5 vehicles per match that need to be damaged. You do have to change your mindset, though. Fire, hit, move to a new target. Fire, hit, move to a new target. Remembering what you’ve already hit is the tough part.

Alliance 15: For the Alliance!
Earn the Class 1 Mastery badge 3 times in 20 battles.

Skill: 3 – Tank: 4 – Team: 3 – Map: 3 – Rage: 2
Total Difficulty: 15 (with honors)

Recommended Tanks: Bulldog kitted out with bond vision equipment (if you’ve got it) and the Commanders Vision System

The Bulldog? Okay, so the Bulldog is a shadow of its pre-nerf self. Gone are the days of its ten (!!!) shot autoloader. It is subpar compared to its tier 8 compatriots, except in one thing: vision. With the right crew skills and two pieces of purple equipment (yes, I know this is not feasible for everyone, but even without, it’s good), you can get vision to more than 540 meters! Add in the Commanders Vision System, and you’re lighting stuff that has no business being lit. This translates to lots of spotting damage, which translates to experience, which translates to mastery badges. This is one of the few missions I did that I really had fun doing. I had never thought about kitting out a non-tier 10 tank this way and it was simply just enjoyable. My first match in it I got 2k damage and 4k spotting, accompanied by an Ace Tanker badge. It took me only 8 battles to get the three Ace badges necessary to get this mission done with honors. And to think, I had played hundreds of battles in a Bulldog ignoring its vision. Palm, meet forehead.

Edited by Rocketmandb, Oct 05 2020 - 19:15.

Rocketmandb #4 Posted Oct 05 2020 - 18:44

Major

• Players
  • 59042 battles
  • [WSHED] WSHED

The Missions: Coalition

Summary:

There are a lot of very straight-forward missions in this branch, and a couple that are difficult. I ended up skipping two here, but with enough perseverance I could have skipped just one (I got 29 internal modules damaged twice on the 30 module mission), but then when I completed Union 15 with honors, I had a path forward that did not involve slamming my head against the wall with a rage-inducing mission, so I skipped it.

Coalition 1: Ruthless Hunter
Earn the Fighter or Top Gun award 3 times in 10 battles

Skill: 3 – Tank: 2 – Team: 3 – Map: 1 – Rage: 2

Recommended Tanks: Autoloaders for burst damage and the ability to vulch kills – tier 8 or 9 are preferred

The Fighter award is killing 4 or 5 tanks, and the Top Gun award comes in for 6+. Since you will manually reset each time you don’t get one of those on the first try, this really comes down getting two in nine battles. While this takes skill and a little bit of luck, it is quite doable.

Coalition 2: The Top Gun
Do 3000+ damage three battles in a row.

Skill: 4 – Tank: 2 – Team: 3 – Map: 2 – Rage: 3

Recommended Tanks: Your highest damage-per-game tier 10 – preferably something you can sit back and snipe in.

This is another mission which isn’t overly difficult. If you play enough games, you’ll get it jut due to odds/luck. However, the 3-in-a-row thing makes it a bit rage-inducing.

Coalition 3: The War Horse
Earn a total of 5 awards in the Battle Heroes Category

Skill: 3 – Tank: 3 – Team: 2+ - Map: 2 – Rage: 1

Recommended Tanks: Totally dependent on your style of play. Scouts are great for the Scout and Patrol Duty medals, auto-loaders in general for the Confederate. A scout/autoloader combo doubles up your chances. Arty in a pinch.

This mission requires that you understand and remember the criteria for each medal type. I’ve found Confederate to be the most consistent. It requires you to damage 6 tanks that your teammates then need to kill. Scouts and auto-loaders are good for this. You want speed to get to different places on the map for more targets, then the burst rate of fire to hit more targets quickly before you scoot away. However, it is also the reason why there is a + symbol next to the Team ranking above. This requires your team to a) kill what you hit and b) pretty much win the match. After the obligatory first mission, you have to get 4 out of 9 matches, so this is doable. Another relatively straight-forward thing to get, especially in EBRs, is the Scout medal. This, however, is highly map-dependent, and if there is another scout on your team, you can’t count on being able to have the opportunity to get this every map. Arty can get Confederate medals pretty easily, but are much more team dependent and somewhat map dependent. I found I’d get one about every three battles in arty. In the end, I used a combination, but tended to play a scout tricked out for spotting. This gave me the ability to get two in one battle (Scout and Confederate) with the potential to get one or more of the less common ones as well.

Coalition 4: A Crushing Blow
Damage or destroy 30 internal modules or crew over 10 battles

Skill: 3 – Tank: 4 – Team: 2 – Map: 2 – Rage: 4!!!!
Total Difficulty: 15

Recommended Tanks: AMX M4 51, Foch 155, arty

I hate, hate, hate this mission. At least with the Alliance mission you have the 183-armed TDs to help you along. Here, it’s playing a tank ill-suited for the task. As I mentioned in the summary, TWICE IN A ROW I got to 29 modules using the AMX M4 51 with the big gun firing only HE. So, this is doable, but it took me playing probably 50 matches firing HE in a tier 9 heavy tank to miss by one TWICE. How do you think that went for my teams? This is such a poorly designed mission. Doable as evidenced by the fact that I came close twice, but sooooooo much rage in doing it. Skip it, but wait until the very last so if you need to bank your head against the wall for 50+ battles to save the order, you can.

Coalition 5: I Will Be Your Shield
Block 30 hits over 10 battles

Skill: 2 – Tank: 3 – Team: 1 – Map: 3 – Rage: 2

Recommended Tanks: Swedish Heavies, AMX M4 51

The Swedish heavy tanks seem like the obvious play here, but the problem is that they are somewhat map-dependent, and people just start firing HE at you because they know your turret is tough. I played a few battles in those before I tried the AMX M4 51. It is surprisingly bouncy, and this the key word here is “surprisingly.” People will try to pen your turret, making the 3 bounce average pretty easy to get.

Coalition 6: Stiletto
Score 75 armor-penetrating hits in 10 battles

Skill: 3 – Tank: 3 – Team: 2 – Map: 2 – Rage: 1

Recommended Tanks: Low-damage auto-loaders or high rate-of-fire tanks – T50 worked well here.

The Czech T50 is an excellent tank to get his mission done in. Because it has such a high intra-clip reload, you can pop out, get three shots in, then get back to safety. Do this twice in a match, then get a couple random hits in, and you’ve met your mark. It helps that it’s got an accurate gun with very high shell velocity for hitting those longer-range shots. I completed this with honors in the T50.

Coalition 7: Nothing Personal, It’s Just Business
Destroy two vehicles of two different tanks 3 battles in a row

Recommended Tanks: Autoloaders – another +1 for the T50

Autoloaders (for their burst damage) are key here. I used the T50 again here and it worked well.

Coalition 8: My Duty Never Ends
Earn the Patrol Duty award 2 times out of 12 battles

Skill: 3 – Tank: 4 – Team: 4 – Map: 4 – Rage: 4
Total Difficulty: 19

Recommended Tanks: EBRs

Skip this. It is WAAAAAAY too team and map dependent to be doable without generating rage.

Coalition 9: Let Their Fate Be a Lesson to You
Damage 4 different vehicles per battle (average) over 10 battles – min 2 damaged in a battle to count

Skill: 2 – Tank: 4 – Team: 3 – Map: 2 – Rage: 1

Recommended Tanks: Bat Chat arty, followed by any tier 8+ arty

With arty this is pretty straight forward. You will likely have to do this a couple times due to random team folds, but it’s not bad. I got this with honors with the Bat 58 arty.

Coalition 10: You Cannot Hide
Enable your allies to cause 1500+ damage per battle by spotting or tracking enemy tanks

Skill: 2 – Tank: 3 – Team: 3 – Map: 3 – Rage: 1

Recommended Tanks: EBRs or scouts tricked out for spotting

The strategy I employed with the Bulldog and LTTB can work here using the Bat Chat 12t, but found that the 12t just isn’t nearly as good at it. Logic would dictate using a tier 10 so you have that much more potential spotting damage, but I found the EBR FL tier 8 to be quite good at this. I completed it with honors using that tank.

Coalition 11: Lord of Destruction
Be the top player in the battle by number of vehicles destroyed – 3 battles in a row

Skill: 3 – Tank: 3 – Team: 3 – Map: 2 – Rage: 1

Recommended Tanks: Autoloaders for burst damage and the ability to vulch kills – tier 8 or 9 are preferred

Does the “Recommended Tanks” lingo look familiar. This tree is littered with these 3x in a row missions, along with kill or damage missions. As with other similar missions, I used the T50. Since this is kills and not damage, the lower the tier the better.

Coalition 12: A Little Bit of Everything
Enable your team to kill 7 vehicles by spotting them or destroying their tracks

Skill: 2 – Tank: 3 – Team: 3 – Map: 3 – Rage: 1

Recommended Tanks: EBRs or scouts tricked out for spotting

Once again, we have a 7-kill mission that matches the 20(!!!!) kill Alliance mission – and with a branch that has vehicles much more capable of doing it. This is a pretty mundane mission in this branch. I completed it with honors using the EBR FL… easily. And just about any scout can do it.

Coalition 13: Just Getting Started
Do 2x your HP in damage

Skill: 1 – Tank: 2 – Team: 1 – Map: 3 – Rage: 1

Recommended Tanks: Arty

Simple to do in arty (with honors). No more to see here.

Coalition 14: King of the Hill
Be the top player in the battle by damage caused 3 out of 5 battles

Skill: 4 – Tank: 3 – Team: 3 – Map: 2 – Rage: 2

Recommended Tanks: Tough one – lots of strategies to try and get this

The key here is that you have to have the top damage in the entire battle. That means that if your team gets rolled, you’re not getting it. What if you go heavy, like a M4 51/54? Okay, sure, but what if most the enemy team is on the other side of the map? How about STRV? See heavy, relocating is easier in a STRV, but still an issue. Go tier 8? Great if you get a lot of tier 8 battles, but if you get in a 10, that’s one of your 5 battles lost. Go tier 10? Well, there’s tougher competition there. I ended up going with a combination of the 50B and T50. They both can get damage from across the map and can relocate quickly to where the enemy tanks are if needed. As with other missions, you’re resetting the first if you don’t get it, but you still have to be top damage 2 out of the 4 remaining battles, and that’s not easy.

Coalition 15: Way to Go
Receive the Class 1 Mastery badge or higher 3 out of 20 battles

Skill: 4 – Tank: 4 – Team: 3 – Map: 3 – Rage: 3
Total Difficulty: 17 (with honors)

Recommended Tanks: Bat Chat 12t tricked out for spotting

I tried repeating my success with the Bulldog and LTTB here, but the 12t just doesn’t quite have it. I got the Class 1 badges easily enough, but in my first 20 battles, I got only one Ace. I tried again, but only got up to 2. I was hoping this would be as easy as the other two and I could simply skip doing one of the Excalibur level 15 missions to get my last needed Order, but it wasn’t. Since the Excalibur missions are pretty easy, I decided to just settle on not doing it with honors. I have no doubt, however, that I eventually would have gotten it had I continued. I just didn’t need to.

Edited by Rocketmandb, Oct 11 2020 - 05:38.

Rocketmandb #5 Posted Oct 05 2020 - 18:44

Major

• Players
  • 59042 battles
  • [WSHED] WSHED

The Missions: Bloc

Summary:

I only did 4 missions in this branch before deciding to skip it by using 3 orders on the last mission. It should be noted, however, that if you’re having a tough time getting all the necessary orders, you can complete 12 out of the 14 base missions with only limited effort (13 out of 14 is tougher) and go for the “All Four” approach. Since I only did four missions here, I can give only limited insight. Still, it could prove helpful.

Bloc 1: Ruthless Hunter
Cause 3500 damage 3 battles in a row

Skill: 4 – Tank: 3 – Team: 3 – Map: 2 – Rage: 3

Recommended Tanks: Leopard 1, STB

This is one that I completed. I started off going down the Maus route of completing this mission, but that proved to be the wrong path. It’s one of my highest damage-per-game tanks on average, but this mission isn’t about highest average damage, it’s about consistently high damage. The issue with the Maus, is you can find yourself out of the battle, and by the time you get back in, it’s over and the mission resets. I found the Leopard to be a good one here since it can relocate quickly and snipe effectively.

Bloc 2: The Diamond Armor
Earn the Shellproof award 4 out of 10 battles

Skill: 2 – Tank: 3 – Team: 2 – Map: 3 – Rage: 3

Recommended Tanks: VK100.01, VK4502B

I was in the middle of doing this one when I decided that this would be the branch I’d skip. The Shellproof award requires you to block damage equal to the HP of your vehicle (easy), but you also have to survive (not as easy), which means you also have to win. You might say, “take a Maus and be done!” Well, there are plenty of battles in the Maus where people don’t oblige you by shooting non-HE at you. The VK100.01 works well here, but the odds are tougher than you think. You pretty much have to be in a tier 8 battle and survive. I got close on a couple of attempts, but didn’t finish it.

Bloc 3: The Punisher
Destroy 3 vehicles 3 battle out of 5

Recommended Tanks: Your best kills/game tank – I believe tier 8s to be the best here

Another of the few I completed in this branch. It is pretty easy since it is really 2 out of 4 that you need to get it done in.

Bloc 4: The Willing Heart
Enable your allies to kill 2 enemy vehicles by spotting or destroying their tracks 3 games in a row

Skill: 3 – Tank: 3 – Team: 4 – Map: 3 – Rage: 4
Total Difficulty: 17

Recommended Tanks: Scouts

This is one I’d probably try a few times then skip. There are two approaches to this: 1) go the scout route, 2) go the kill tracks route. You can potentially take a fast-firing brawling tank like the E100 with the small gun, and just continually track the tanks you’re brawling with. I tried that with the Alliance mission, and it is incredibly frustrating. Still, since it’s only 3 matches and you get an auto reset if you fail, it might be worth trying.

Bloc 5: Flying High
Cause an average of 3000 damage over 10 battles

Skill: 4 – Tank: 3 – Team: 2 – Map: 2– Rage: 2

Recommended Tanks: Your highest damage-per-game tank

Unlike the first mission, this is more about average damage. I used the newly buffed E100 for this and got it done. It’s not easy, but it’s doable, especially if you reset until you get a good head start on the first mission.

Bloc 6: Again and Again
Destroy 3 tanks of 2 different tanks 2 games in a row

Recommended Tanks: Pick your best tier 8+ - recommend lower tier

The last one completed in this branch. This is just a numbers game. Play enough in a tank you’re good at and this mission will come.

Bloc 7: Termination
Be the top player in the battle by vehicles destroyed 3 out of 9 games

Skill: 3 – Tank: 2 – Team: 3 – Map: 1 – Rage: 2

Recommended Tanks: Your best kill per game tank in the branch

This is like the Coalition mission, Lord of Destruction. On the plus side, you have 9 battles to get this done in 3 battles, whereas the Coalition mission requires all 3 in a row. This is a substantial difference. On the negative side, you don’t have the autoloaders to help. I think the positives far outweigh the negatives here, and this should be a straight-forward mission to complete.

Bloc 8: The Hole Punch
Score 7 armor penetrating hits or more 3 battles in a row.

Skill: 2 – Tank: 3 – Team: 2 – Map: 2 – Rage: 2

Recommended Tanks: Leopard PTA, Leopard, E50 with the 88, scout

I would probably opt for first trying the E50 with the 88mm. It is very accurate and its 4-second reload means lots of shots going out. I’d think this would be pretty easy with that tank.

Bloc 9: The Guiding Star
Enable your allies to cause 15,000 damage over 10 battles by spotting or damaging tracs

Skill: 2 – Tank: 4 – Team: 2 – Map: 4 – Rage: 1

Recommended Tanks: HWK12 or HWK30 or other scout tricked out for spotting

The Bulldog trick will work here, but better with either the HWK12 or 30. They both have 410m of base view range at tier 8 (vs. 400 on the Bulldog), which means you can get well into the mid-500s and pair it with the Commanders Vision System. Nasty and easy mission to complete with that setup.

Bloc 10: The Good Samaritan
Earn the High Caliber award 4 battles out of 20

Skill: 4 – Tank: 3 – Team: 3 – Map: 1 – Rage: 4

Recommended Tanks: SKIP!!!!!!!!!

Are you freaking serious with this mission design? Just do the numbers on this. As an example, I have 1892 (at the time of this writing) High Caliber awards over 57,740 battles. That averages out to about one every 30 battles, and they want me to get 4 in 20? (really 3 in 19, but still). I have only 7 on my Leopard out of 400 battles, 14 on my Maus out of 300, 7 on my E75 out of 150, 6 on my PTA out of 187, 3 on my T55 out of 48, etc., etc. My best tank for this would be the E100 at 6 out of 94, but that’s just better than 1 in 20. I don’t know what some of these mission designers were smoking. Skip, skip, skip.

Bloc 11: Safari
Cause damage to 4 different vehicles 3 battles in a row

Skill: 1 – Tank: 2 – Team: 2 – Map: 3 – Rage: 1
Total Difficulty: 9

Recommended Tanks: Arty

Easy in arty. Get with honors and move on. And why is this called “Safari?”

Bloc 12: A Knight in Shining Armor
Be the top player on your team by damage blocked (min 1000) 3 battles out of 7

Skill: 2 – Tank: 3 – Team: 2 – Map: 2 – Rage: 1

Recommended Tanks: Maus, 4502B, E100

German tanks are the kings of damage blocked. Easy mission at 3 out of 7.

Bloc 13: Hand of the Master
Destroy an average of 2 vehicles over 10 battles (min 1 in a battle to get credit – why is this requirement even there? If you don’t get 1 kill, you get 0 anyway… wth?)

Skill: 3 – Tank: 3 – Team: 3 – Map: 2 – Rage: 3

Recommended Tanks: Your best kill-per-game tank, but I’d probably skip.

Look at your average kills per game in your applicable tanks – hey, not bad, you can do this! But keeping it up over 10 battles is the tough part. No doubt it can happen, but it takes a lot of things working out, so many attempts would be likely.

Bloc 14: The Sky’s the Limit
Be the top player on your team by damage caused 3 out of 5 battles.

Recommended Tanks: The tank you’re best in

The key here is that you have to only be best on your team, and not in the battle. This means that if your team gets rolled, you can still accomplish this. And it’s only 3 out of 5, so very doable.

Bloc 15: A Easy as ABC
Receive the Class 1 Mastery badge or higher 3 out of 20 battles

Skill: 3 – Tank: 4 – Team: 3 – Map: 2 – Rage: 2

Recommended Tanks: HWK12 tricked out for spotting

Honestly, I think this would be the easiest of the 4 final missions using the HWK and its extended view range. I will likely still work up these missions and try to get to the final to play here, but no reason to believe this would be any different than the Bulldog (slightly easier, even).

Edited by Rocketmandb, Oct 05 2020 - 18:57.

Rocketmandb #6 Posted Oct 05 2020 - 18:58

Major

• Players
  • 59042 battles
  • [WSHED] WSHED

Conclusion:

The Object 279 set of missions is not easy. It induces rage. It caused me to stop playing for a period of time, more than once. But getting to the finish line is possible. If you decide to play all four branches, you need (realistically) the fewest orders (as few as 6, with a possibility of 5). Playing three branches can take as few as 7, more realistically 8, and allows you the ability to get more orders by completing the level 15 missions with honors of the branches you do go down. Playing two branches, means more orders, but you could conceivably complete the Alliance and Coalition branches with one order each (remember, I was one internal crit away from doing so – TWICE!), meaning you can then conceivably do the two-branch strategy with 8 orders.

Again, the task can be accomplished. Would I want to do it again? Hell no.

Crazy___Canuck #7 Posted Oct 05 2020 - 20:00

Captain

• Players
  • 37166 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-

Wow...you put a lot of work into this post's content!  

Thank you for your efforts and willingness to share :)

coconut2011 #8 Posted Oct 06 2020 - 03:32

Major

• Players
  • 81512 battles
  • [QUEUE] QUEUE

While I disagree with some of the tank choices for some missions, your tank choice of Tortoise for tanking mission (Alliance-7) worked for me.  My first try was 54 average damage away from 2000.  2nd try I actually got it done with honors.  So a big plus one from me.

Edit, forgot to add that the tanking missions is hard because if you have a really hard armored tank, people just do not even try to shoot at you.  Quite a few tanks fall into this category where people either just move away, or really try to aim the shots.  Tortoise's left side (the machine gun port) is a really good bait that gave people false impression that they could pen.  In reality, if I keep wiggling the tank, it is very hard to pen.

Another mission that is really hard is Union-4.  I tried to use Defender without good results, because most of the time, people just f*ck off rather than trying to shoot at it.  Then really good players know how to pen it.  112 could be it that bait people shooting at it.  I don't have the tank, but I will see how well WZ-111 does.

Edited by coconut2011, Oct 06 2020 - 03:39.

Rocketmandb #9 Posted Oct 06 2020 - 17:20

Major

• Players
  • 59042 battles
  • [WSHED] WSHED

View Postcoconut2011, on Oct 06 2020 - 02:32, said:

Another mission that is really hard is Union-4.  I tried to use Defender without good results, because most of the time, people just f*ck off rather than trying to shoot at it.  Then really good players know how to pen it.  112 could be it that bait people shooting at it.  I don't have the tank, but I will see how well WZ-111 does.

The first time I failed at this mission was in the 112, and I failed because of a teammate. The battle was running down and I happened upon a non-upgraded Tiger who proceeded to just keep shooting at me. I must have had like 10 shots blocked before a teammate showed up to spoil the fun. I actually was trying to keep the poor Tiger shielded from my teammate so I could get another blocked shot or two. Ended up just missing it. Now, though, I think the newly buffed KV-4 would work well. You can really overangle it while sidescraping and still block. Very easy to bait shots with it. 

TastyPastry #10 Posted Oct 06 2020 - 17:35

Major

• Players
  • 35041 battles
  • [GIVUP] GIVUP
I assumed the scale was 1-10 and was like wow this dude found the 279e a cakewalk to get

Butknuckle #11 Posted Oct 06 2020 - 18:14

Major

• Players
  • 66398 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
Nice guide man.+1

Treeburst #12 Posted Oct 06 2020 - 19:56

Major

• Players
  • 41183 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
I went in with 8 orders, completed the US/UK line and the USSR/China line without honors and used the orders to skip mission 15 for the other 2.

I skipped the stun mission in the US/UK line and one in the USSR line, I think it was the one to get top guns.

The missions are definitely doable, the ones that stumped me for a while were the blocking mission for the USSR (40 blocked hits over 5 games) and the Assist kills mission for US/UK.

I ended up getting the blocking mission done by the skin of my teeth in the IS-4 after the recent buff (exactly 40 blocks in 5 games). I decided to try the US/UK assist kills mission that had been driving me absolutely bonkers and ended up getting it done finally. Best advice I can give for that one is to have a good game in a LT where you pick up 5 or 6 assist kills, then switch to mediums and settle for 1-2 assist kills a game via tracking and the odd spotting assist. It worked better than trying to use LTs for me at least.

coconut2011 #13 Posted Oct 07 2020 - 21:44

Major

• Players
  • 81512 battles
  • [QUEUE] QUEUE

View PostRocketmandb, on Oct 06 2020 - 08:20, said:

The first time I failed at this mission was in the 112, and I failed because of a teammate. The battle was running down and I happened upon a non-upgraded Tiger who proceeded to just keep shooting at me. I must have had like 10 shots blocked before a teammate showed up to spoil the fun. I actually was trying to keep the poor Tiger shielded from my teammate so I could get another blocked shot or two. Ended up just missing it. Now, though, I think the newly buffed KV-4 would work well. You can really overangle it while sidescraping and still block. Very easy to bait shots with it. 

Just got it done yesterday using KV-5.  Preferred MM really helped to avoid big guns.  As long as I hide the R2D2 and sidescrape to bait shots, it generally works well.  However, hulldown would make people shooting it copula (as in a battle).

coconut2011 #14 Posted Oct 07 2020 - 21:53

Major

• Players
  • 81512 battles
  • [QUEUE] QUEUE

Alliance-15

Got it done yesterday using M46 KR in 5 games.  Its 1st class base exp requirement is only 980, which is absurdly low for such a good tank.  Could have it done in 3 games, but I missed a shot that caused me to lose a bit exp just below 980.

Edited by coconut2011, Oct 07 2020 - 21:57.

Petro1979 #15 Posted Jan 10 2021 - 01:50

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 39768 battles

thanks for this - ton of good commentary. 

• The Tortoise also  works very well for the internal module mission. 120 pen and fast shooting/good armor worked better for me than the slower reloads because you never know when you're going to get those modules
    • You are 100% correct for the comparable French/Swedish mission. The highest HE pen in those lines is basically the EBR. The French mission is annoying
  • Haven't tried a few of the missions with the 3805 but M53/55 works well too on a few
  • You say scouts for spot/kill missions. I had more success with heavies spotting areas and using their armor while TDs from behind do big damage... mainly do to a strong ability to get crappy scouting maps

Good stuff all around

Pony_Plop #16 Posted Jan 27 2021 - 12:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 18791 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

(EDIT- GOT IT 26th March! Thanks for the tips, without it I'd likely still be trying- but thanks to this thread, managed it in just over 2 months :D)

Super helpful, already making a lot of progress with assistance from this guide-

Couple of notes; The italian heavies and autoreloaders are really decent for the penetration/kill missions (Coalition 6,7 and 9), even if you don't have the progetto46 or the Bisonte. Managed to get 6 and 7 with honours on the first attempt, but got unlucky in the last 3 matches for coalition 9 and missed 'honours' by 4 vehicles.

LT-432 was amazing for the soviet 'get x kills' missions too!

Gonna consider  got Union 15 with the Chinese tier8 LT for Union 15, Already got the tier 7 and a nice crew, and been past the RU light line all the way to tier X already so don't wanna juggle the crew around again..

By the way, the Bisonte as well as the Progetto heavies (Tier 8,9,10) have HE pen of 105/120/127 in each tier- could be a viable solution to Coalition 4 (30 internal modules across 10 matches- managed to get 34 internal modules in 10 matches on my first try in the tier 9 with the 120mm gun)

Thinking of skipping  skipped Bloc entirely since I have 7 available orders (only missing Chimera's Union 15 with honours).

So, with the remaining 4 orders, I'll probably just grind the Union and Coalition and see how far I can get, and then see if I can get an extra order or two for completing the final missions in those sets. Could be well on track to the 279(e) by Spring.

Also, patrol duty for coalition- I recommend the ELC even 90 or 12t.

Union: 6 11 15/15 complete (1 order used to skip top gun mission)

Alliance: 3 4/15 complete (Skipped)

Coalition: 6 15/15 complete

Bloc: 0/15 complete (Skipped)

Just need coalition 15 to GOT the tank, thanks for the tips OP!

Edited by Pony_Plop, Apr 15 2021 - 11:54.

Myteetharesharp #17 Posted Feb 01 2021 - 04:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 511 battles
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
Wow, a ton of work! Thank you! I gave up a long time ago but was thinking about trying again. 

Lala_Cat66 #18 Posted Feb 20 2021 - 07:45

Private

• Players
  • 31931 battles
  • [LYB] LYB
How about the 155mm gun on M53/55?

BOOMER_FRIENDLY_NAME #19 Posted Feb 23 2021 - 01:18

Private

• Players
  • 43283 battles

I used the small gun on the M53/55 and it made those missions super easy,

Alliance 8: Simple Geometry
Damage 30 internal modules/crew over 10 battles .

I Would add the T49 with the derp to this list, with good mm you can pen everything

I did it with honors in like 6 games

n4cer67 #20 Posted Mar 22 2021 - 00:01

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 20280 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP
Do you have a guide for the Excalibur campaign? I'm stuck on Union-12 Untouchable. Impossible to complete with all the gold spamming but WG NA claims gold spamming isn't any problem for the mission.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users