Artillery View Map Ping Reversion / Option

Artillery Gameplay Communication QoL Minimap

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Moonhound #1 Posted Oct 11 2020 - 01:56

Private

• Players
  • 12851 battles

While ideally everyone should frequently have an eye on the minimap, artillery in particular lives there, and with their greater focus have an earlier chance to notice a situation that requires attention. With the debut of the communication update in 1.10, ctrl+left-click on the map when in artillery view results in an I'm aiming at <loc>! call and associated dim down-arrow glyph, instead of the normal Attention to <loc>! and bright, noticeable warning glyph.

We can still force a normal Attention! ping by dropping out of artillery view, but doing so is effectively guaranteed to reset our aim time which for Artillery is measured in ice ages. We can also call attention to where we're aiming with T, which is more accurate than the lower resolution minimap anyways. I know many love to see artillery punished, but this forces a choice between warning the team you are going to die because of something at this location here and losing 5-15 seconds of fire setup.

It would be enormously helpful to be able to ping the map normally again in Artillery view; players don't interpret the aiming message as something they don't need to look at, and many may not know that in Artillery view we don't have any other way to ping quickly. I'm sure reverting this behavior wholesale is out of the question, but perhaps a settings checkbox for artillery view ping behavior?

Cheers,

-M

CountingGeigers #2 Posted Oct 11 2020 - 03:42

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 74348 battles
Totally agree.  I wonder if it was an accidental change or intentional?

Moonhound #3 Posted Oct 11 2020 - 04:41

Private

• Players
  • 12851 battles

View PostCountingGeigers, on Oct 11 2020 - 02:42, said:

Totally agree.  I wonder if it was an accidental change or intentional?

Somewhere there was a chart explaining it would work this way but it's buried deep somewhere in release notes. I'm sure it's intentional, it's just painful.

Also tagged with Artillery, Gameplay, Communication, QoL, Minimap

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users