Enroh #61 Posted Oct 21 2020 - 11:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 36229 battles
  • [SU] SU

View Postheavymetal1967, on Oct 13 2020 - 10:02, said:

They can be toggled off folks. :)

Needs a tune.

yeah this doesnt seem to work....one of the worst additions ever...i am just waiting on the hot wheels comedy camos to come over from console so the conversion to kid rep is complete

MiddleAgedNoob #62 Posted Oct 21 2020 - 13:53

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 26359 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

They cannot be turned off.  I filed a ticket, and here is the reply:

Block Quote

Dear Commander,
Thank you for coming back to us.

Please be informed that there is no way to disable the dog tag completely. However, you can post your suggestion on the official forum. If it gets a positive response of the community, it will be taken into account.

Should you have any questions regarding our game, please let us know.
Regards,

I tried to create a new topic in the forum as they suggested and found that I could not create a new topic. 

I do not care if you like dog tags or not, but I hate them, and I want the option to turn them off, both to send and to see.  WG should provide an option to do so, we should not have to rely on mods to make this happen.

@Krzyboop:  What the h is the point of putting options in Settings that do nothing?  Please escalate.

Fix this WG!

GLHF

NewJerseyTank #63 Posted Oct 21 2020 - 13:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 37930 battles
  • [1STDV] 1STDV
Awful.  Should be a way to disable in settings.  There is also a topic to vote on this, vote no.  Contacting support is useless, no one listens.

KiltedAmerican #64 Posted Oct 21 2020 - 14:08

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

Not that I expected anything else ...

We can turn off our dog tag so the enemy player doesn't see it, or he can turn his off so we don't see it ...

But we can't turn off seeing his when we get burned.

We were led to believe we'd be able to toggle them off, which was an outright lie. 

Just another turn of the screw - another dose of kid-krep I do not want ... :sceptic:

This stunt all by itself definitely dulls my desire to play ... or spend ...

BTW, dogtags were getting the very same push-back on the EU forums, too, following the EU announcement.

Staying tuned for the post-patch commentary ...:popcorn:

Update ... EU Patched on our "overnight" ... Lots of pushback on the dog tags 

Edited by KiltedAmerican, Oct 21 2020 - 16:53.

heavymetal1967 #65 Posted Oct 21 2020 - 14:34

Major

• Players
  • 79152 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Folks have filed tickets, but I haven't heard any replies yet.

Maybe time for all of us to file tickets.  Premise being the more tickets they get the faster they'll respond. 

Even if it is to say working as intended. :P

There's also this to consider for folks that run mods at least.  When they first implemented them, soon after a mod come out disabling their display.  Not sure if it blocked the display of my dog tag for anyone destroying me, but it did keep the enemy dog tags from appearing on my screen.

NewJerseyTank #66 Posted Oct 21 2020 - 14:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 37930 battles
  • [1STDV] 1STDV
Thank you for contacting us.

Please be informed that there is no way to disable the dog tag completely. However, you can post your suggestion on the official forum. If it gets a positive response of the community, it will be taken into account.

Regards,

KiltedAmerican #67 Posted Oct 21 2020 - 15:01

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

Word on EU forums is that Aslains (expected tonight/early tomorrow NA-time) will feature a switch to hide them

Edited by KiltedAmerican, Oct 21 2020 - 16:49.

KiltedAmerican #68 Posted Oct 21 2020 - 18:46

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
New Aslain modpack released

TeamTerrible #69 Posted Oct 22 2020 - 02:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4959 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostNewJerseyTank, on Oct 21 2020 - 08:42, said:

Thank you for contacting us.

Regards,

Ah so suggestion is the key?

The brain requires oxygen ........... try removing your head from your [edited]WG

You throw up a mostly negative item and expect everyone to enjoy it?

How stupid can you get? oh wait i bet you are just waiting for that question so you can give us another example !!

Its a sure bet that most of you ride the short bus

MiddleAgedNoob #70 Posted Oct 22 2020 - 12:30

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 26359 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

View PostMiddleAgedNoob, on Oct 21 2020 - 07:53, said:

@Krzyboop:  What the h is the point of putting options in Settings that do nothing?  Please escalate.

Fix this WG!

GLHF

I asked support what the settings do.  They prevent your dog tag from being seen by the other player, when you kill them or when they kill you.  Neither does anything to prevent dog tags from being shown to you.  Thank goodness for modders, fixing WG's own game.

GLHF

BlockingDetachment #71 Posted Oct 22 2020 - 14:20

Private

• Players
  • 51958 battles
  • [GEEK] GEEK
I am PISSED on the new dogtags. Just like the BS with decals for accomplishments, there is NO ACCOUNTING for past history! I have some tanks where I would (if granted, have earned DOZENS of Mastery badges and a hundred Top guns. But for those tanks, I start at ZERO! Same BS only WORSE for the dogtags. I have over 51K battles and top experience of 2886 or so. Can i put that on Dogtag? No, I'm starting from scratch. You have many of these records for account. You can't link them up???? Total BS. I will not use them and makes me not want to play when I see on other tanks!  thers at end of battle!

KiltedAmerican #72 Posted Oct 22 2020 - 15:07

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostMiddleAgedNoob, on Oct 22 2020 - 06:30, said:

I asked support what the settings do.  They prevent your dog tag from being seen by the other player, when you kill them or when they kill you.  Neither does anything to prevent dog tags from being shown to you.  Thank goodness for modders, fixing WG's own game.

From EU Staff, EU forum ... 

Block Quote

Like I said yesterday, you can not turn it off completely. You can turn off some parts of it.

Option 1 - will turn off the small Dog Tags - of the players that you destroyed - displayed in the bottom right corner

Option 2 - will regulate whether you want to display your real Dog Tag to your enemy when your vehicle is destroyed so you can stay anonymous. If you uncheck it, a randomized DT will be shown instead to the enemy player that destroyed you

Option 2 box unchecked ... the victor sees a whatever, randomly-generated dog tag that represents his victory / your loss.

Option 2 box checked ....... the victor sees your own personal customized tag that you've  wasted  spent hours drooling the artwork on. 

Think of it as sitting at the beauty salon to get your hair all dolled-up so that when your tank gets killed, the victor takes a good-looking scalp.

If I understand this correctly, you're always gonna see some version of the victor's  teabagging  Brag Tag ...

(that's why you can pimp-out your own dog tag, for when you  teabag  destroy somebody else)

it's just a matter of which version of his  teabagging  dog tag that you're gonna see, depending upon how he dealt with Option 2.

Anyone who resents this toxic  teabagging  juvenile crap wants a definitive toggle to shut it OFF permanently.

The pushback isn't about being a snowflake - it's about having wasted and unnecessarily toxic  teabagging  juvenile crap forced upon us and shoved in our faces with no option to disable it when we don't need/want to engage in it and don't need/want to see it.

Sounds a lot like the Arty-Haters union-chant, doesn't it ?

Edited by KiltedAmerican, Oct 24 2020 - 04:05.

Boeuf_Du_Jour #73 Posted Oct 22 2020 - 16:25

Private

• -Players-
  • 22317 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX

Apparently they were never going to do it:

Block Quote

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Player Support.
We appreciate the time and effort that you have spent on creating a ticket regarding this matter.

The situation you described is the current implementation of this aspect of the game.

Players misunderstand these settings.
The settings do not affect the display of dog tags to you after destroying your tank.
They only affect the display of dog tags when the enemy destroys your tank and how the person who destroys your tank sees the dog tag.
And you cannot turn off the display of enemy tokens for you when your tank is destroyed.

It is possible that in the future players will be able to turn off the display of the dog tags of the player who destroyed their tank.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.

Have a wonderful day ahead.

...Players misunderstand these settings...

Yeah how could that have been?

At this point why do they bother calling it customer service?  Just call it "F-off, we don't care."

I'm done with the game, unless they change this.

Edited by Boeuf_Du_Jour, Oct 22 2020 - 16:31.

RHeadshot #74 Posted Oct 24 2020 - 19:46

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11164 battles

View PostKRZYBooP, on Oct 13 2020 - 16:56, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

With the next update Dog Tags that were introduced during Halloween mode are back and here to stay. 

More information on this can be found HERE.

I look forward to seeing all of your designs when I die. :D

If you actually played the game much, you'd realize just how much of a punk move this is by WG.  It's just a troll, in your face move.  That the choices to turn them off apparently only stops me from being the punk and flashing my dog tags and does nothing to stop me from having to see them shows how little WG gives a damn about players' choices.

You may want to consider removing your tip about not being rude and that it's against the rules, because your dog tags are the very essence of being rude and in your face.

Edited by RHeadshot, Oct 25 2020 - 20:08.

parallax147 #75 Posted Oct 25 2020 - 17:42

Private

• -Players-
  • 24375 battles
  • [REBRN] REBRN
I want to be able to disable ever being shown dog tags.  I legit don't care who or what killed me.  

Serious_Poo #76 Posted Oct 27 2020 - 00:01

Private

• -Players-
  • 1449 battles
Guys, stop with the dog tags already.  I've turned it off in game but they still show.  This is not cool.

Also tagged with KRZY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users