An Unsolved WoT Mystery - Steel Hunter

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

GeneralButtBuster #1 Posted Oct 17 2020 - 22:47

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1951 battles
  • [P-W] P-W

Wierd stuff happens in WoT all the time. Glitches, crazy RNG moments, funny physics....and then just the flat out inexplicable moments.

Had one of those recently in steel hunter(This actually happened last stage, stage 2 that is, but I forgot about it and just today remembered). 

Basically I was driving in my Raven. The game was not going too great for me, 8 players left and I was only at stage 4 or 5. I was desperate for some sort of supplies or airdrop, but no such opportunity presented itself. Then out of the blue comes this totally unupgraded arlequin(he may have actually had an upgraded engine or radio, but not anything externally observable). Needless to say I jump on the opportunity and unload a full clip into him while he runs. The Raven is actually pretty fast at stage 4 with the speed engine, so I was able to keep up with him pretty well while I waited for my clip to load to finish him off.

And then, a few seconds into the chase, the random event happens. The Arlequin just blows up. And not just blows up, but is apparently ammo racked by something, as I see the ammo rack sign next to his body. Immediately I look at the destruction log to see what sort of tank killed him and press my 'X' key to see where they are. And....well here is the wierd part. The 'X' key(which since I always chose range over cooldown was definitely going to pick up any nearby vehicle) didnt show anything around me. Strange... but then I saw the kill log: the arlequin had not indeed been killed but instead "Lost in battle". And furthermore, I hadnt seen any tracer hit the arlequin when he died.

So what the heck happened? 

The most plausible explanation I could think of was that he called an airstrike on himself, but this did not make a lot of sense to me, as he was moving very fast in one direction, and airstrikes take a few seconds to deploy, meaning he would have had to lead it by at least 5 or so seconds, and I am not sure he would have been given the space to do so. 

However, as that is literally the only possible explanation I can think of, I accept it as the truth for now, but I posted this thread to see if any of you know of another possible way this could have happened. 

Also I would love to hear y'alls inexplicable moments if u have any. Maybe I or someone on here can solve em.

Edited by GeneralButtBuster, Oct 17 2020 - 22:53.

PTwr #2 Posted Oct 17 2020 - 23:31

Major

• Players
  • 49739 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

Minefield? Long range shot? Blind shot? Killed and ran away before you scanned? You picked short radio?

Kill log tends to be filled with garbage from time to time.

But airstriek can hurt its caste, so its possible he killed himself by doing dumb.

Edited by PTwr, Oct 17 2020 - 23:40.

EdibleEmpire #3 Posted Oct 18 2020 - 00:22

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 28883 battles
  • [THREW] THREW

He probably abandoned battle.

Also [edited]steel hunter. As if this game needed even more [edited]RNG with spawns of players and supply drops.

GeneralButtBuster #4 Posted Oct 18 2020 - 01:14

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1951 battles
  • [P-W] P-W

View PostEdibleEmpire, on Oct 18 2020 - 00:22, said:

He probably abandoned battle.

Also [edited]steel hunter. As if this game needed even more [edited]RNG with spawns of players and supply drops.

Doesn't explain the ammo rack. 

GeneralButtBuster #5 Posted Oct 18 2020 - 01:18

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1951 battles
  • [P-W] P-W

View PostPTwr, on Oct 17 2020 - 23:31, said:

Minefield? Long range shot? Blind shot? Killed and ran away before you scanned? You picked short radio?

Kill log tends to be filled with garbage from time to time.

But airstriek can hurt its caste, so its possible he killed himself by doing dumb.

Minefields are removed after a few seconds, also it would have said he was killed by the minefield. In steel hunter you can only see tanks inside of your view range, so long range shot is out of the question, also again, would have said what type of tank killed him. Couldn't have run away that fast, I scanned literally a second after he was killed, and also who runs away after a kill. Plus again, kill log. I never pick short radio, but even if I mistakenly did, it still very likely would have pickes him up, and again, kill log would have shown something if I had not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users