Tiger II needs a buff

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

ERIKA_ITSUMI_X_TIGER_II #1 Posted Oct 17 2020 - 23:23

Private

• -Players-
  • 407 battles
  • [ER1KA] ER1KA

After about 50 battles with this tank, I found it to be an arty target quite often. I suggest that wargaming increase the horsepower of the engine as well as the reload and aim time of the 8,8 gun. Keep in mind that this tank gets penned by APCR quite often, so the armor is good only sometimes. 

It has to fight defenders with impenetrable turrets quite often as well... 

Give the king tiger a little love, it needs it!

rockbutcher #2 Posted Oct 18 2020 - 00:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 24511 battles
  • [T-Y-R] T-Y-R
Didn't it recently get one?  If no, might I suggest improved hardening, turbo and IRM/rammer?

goldfinger_555 #3 Posted Oct 18 2020 - 00:41

Captain

• Players
  • 27971 battles
  • [FFWC] FFWC
It just got a buff.

Whistling_Death_ #4 Posted Oct 18 2020 - 01:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 71905 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

The King Tiger was just buffed.  The HP per shot with the top gun was increased from 320 HP damage per shot to 360, an increase of 12.5%.  The front hull armor thickness was increased from 150 mm to 160 mm, an increase of 7%.  The front turret armor thickness was increased from 185 mm to a whopping 245 mm, an increase of over 32%. The side turret armor thickness was increased from 80 mm to 120 mm, an increase of 50%.  These are substantial buffs.

The Tanks.gg page for the King Tiger before it was just recently buffed; https://tanks.gg/v10800/tank/tiger-ii

After it was buffed; https://tanks.gg/tank/tiger-ii

The World of Tanks Tankopedia page for the King Tiger; https://worldoftanks...PzVIB_Tiger_II/

Historically the King Tiger was slow as it was so heavy and had an underpowered engine.  The tank was so massive that most bridges in Europe could not withstand its weight.  Steering gear, driveline and suspension components frequently broke as the metallurgy of the time could not come up with a metal strong enough to withstand its massive weight.  So that's why in this game it's a slow tank.

With your King Tiger, it's receiving almost twice as much damage per battle as it's dishing out.  That is not a desirable ratio. This means that generally for every enemy tank you're King Tiger is engaging and damaging to 50% of its hit point pool, your King Tiger is being blown up for all of its hit points.   This means you're trying to brawl with it vs. higher tier tanks.   The King Tiger has a very accurate, very powerful gun with very good view range, making it a better sniper than brawler, although the armor buffs it just received help for brawling.

All tanks have weak points and it takes a lot of practice and experience to learn them. Tanks.gg and the 3-D Model is your best resource for learning weak points.  This wont happen in 202 battles.  With 202 battles, that's tier I-III level. Unless you are rerolling for some reason, with a new player with 6 days of inexperience and 202 battles, trying to compete at tier VIII is virtually an in-game death sentence.  You're trying to compete with players that typically have 15,000+ battles of experience and knowledge.  They are going to roast you alive over and over.  That's not fun.  World of Tanks is not some easy bang, bang shoot 'em up game.  It's a very deep, complex game that is akin to the complexities of chess.  Trying to play vs. others so vastly more experienced, it's tantamount to a high school football player trying to compete in the N.F.L., or a gokart racer trying to compete in Formula 1 racing. It's not going to work.  I'm afraid your tier rushing.  With every tier up, we face better and better players. If we don't have the equivalent experience and knowledge, we will not be able to compete, just be cannon fodder, as well as being a detriment to our teams. Playing at tiers we're not ready for yet, we'll get pounded again and again, become frustrated with losing most of the time and quit the game.  Over my 71,000+ battles and five years in this great game, I've seen this happen thousands of times.  It doesn't have to be this way.  Play lower tiers and you'll win more often, having more fun and learn the game at a faster pace without having to unlearn very bad habits.

A great resource for learning the game, (which is a never ending process), and how to play a given tank better is YouTube. 

Edited by Whistling_Death_, Oct 18 2020 - 07:24.

Omega_Weapon #5 Posted Oct 18 2020 - 01:17

Major

• Players
  • 57512 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
I'm guessing that the OP is referring to the tier 7 Captured King Tiger. That premium version does indeed warrant some buffs along the line of what the tier 8 Tiger II got for armour. Gun sorely needs some extra DPM as well.

ERIKA_ITSUMI_X_TIGER_II #6 Posted Oct 18 2020 - 03:30

Private

• -Players-
  • 407 battles
  • [ER1KA] ER1KA

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Oct 17 2020 - 19:17, said:

I'm guessing that the OP is referring to the tier 7 Captured King Tiger. That premium version does indeed warrant some buffs along the line of what the tier 8 Tiger II got for armour. Gun sorely needs some extra DPM as well.

I just use the 8,8 on the Tiger II. I was referring to the tier 8.

Whistling_Death_ #7 Posted Oct 18 2020 - 07:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 71905 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostERIKA_ITSUMI_X_TIGER_II, on Oct 17 2020 - 21:30, said:

I just use the 8,8 on the Tiger II. I was referring to the tier 8.

The tier VIII 88 mm Kw.K. 43 L/71 mod.Vlt gun is lacking in comparison to the available superior tier IX 105 mm KwsPz.K. L/68 gun.

The 105 mm has much greater penetration to the 88 mm, does far more damage per shot, has superior shell velocity and superior dispersion/accuracy.  There's the, "buff", you seek. :)

See the Tanks.gg comparison for these two guns here;  https://tanks.gg/compare/tiger-ii?l=311129&t=tiger-ii

Whistling_Death_ #8 Posted Oct 19 2020 - 07:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 71905 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

This new battle with the King Tiger just posted today.  The King Tiger is now a potent tank in the game.

Slatherer #9 Posted Oct 19 2020 - 07:29

Major

• Players
  • 41673 battles
It's not about getting a buff, it's being balanced with its direct competition with the tanks it faces.  You buff one but others get buffed as well is not balanced.

Einzelganger7 #10 Posted Oct 23 2020 - 19:32

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10094 battles
  • [WOLFD] WOLFD
I don't know... After the buffs the Tiger II became for me into a really amazing tank to play with, it suddenly became into one of the tanks I play if I want to have fun along my StuG III ausf. G and VK 30.02 M.

Edited by Einzelganger7, Oct 23 2020 - 19:32.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users