I always knew it was theoretically possible but …..

arc wot tanks aiming

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

TannerTanker_2020 #1 Posted Oct 19 2020 - 02:10

Private

• -Players-
  • 672 battles
  • [-GOIN] -GOIN

Today, for the first time since I started playing WOT in July 2020, I made a shot taken at an emery who retreated to the other side of a small hill.

Everyone knows that a fired shell, if it doesn’t hit something, will eventually fall to the ground. To make the shot I made, the decent would roughly have to follow the downward curvature of the hill and land in the emeries’ lap.

My question is can someone practice making such a shot/getting better at it, or like in my case, is it just blind luck? 

I’ve seen some of the sights with elevation markers but how does one approach learning how to use those markers?

Whistling_Death_ #2 Posted Oct 19 2020 - 02:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 72274 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

MrMooFlarby01 #3 Posted Oct 19 2020 - 03:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9202 battles

View PostTannerTanker_2020, on Oct 18 2020 - 20:10, said:

Today, for the first time since I started playing WOT in July 2020, I made a shot taken at an emery who retreated to the other side of a small hill.

Everyone knows that a fired shell, if it doesn’t hit something, will eventually fall to the ground. To make the shot I made, the decent would roughly have to follow the downward curvature of the hill and land in the emeries’ lap.

My question is can someone practice making such a shot/getting better at it, or like in my case, is it just blind luck? 

I’ve seen some of the sights with elevation markers but how does one approach learning how to use those markers?

That tactic is probably mostly useless because its so situational. Some very low velocity shells might be able to make it work but in general not. I do remember being able to shoot over cover in the Alecto with the derp gun but it wasn't often useful

Christojojo #4 Posted Oct 19 2020 - 04:53

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 38737 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View PostMrMooFlarby01, on Oct 18 2020 - 21:50, said:

That tactic is probably mostly useless because its so situational. Some very low velocity shells might be able to make it work but in general not. I do remember being able to shoot over cover in the Alecto with the derp gun but it wasn't often useful

The Right-click and derp stationary tanks was the only way I trudged through the Alecto.

SquishySupreme #5 Posted Oct 19 2020 - 08:14

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5403 battles
You can do this, but you have to manually aim and disable the auto-adjust/AI "help".  The other quick and easy way to override this behavior is to zoom all the way OUT and line up your crosshair until you see a red outline.  Yes, it's pixel-hunting, but it works, especially as an arty at close enemies/during your last stand.  Otherwise when you are in "sniper" view/zoomed in, it lies to you and adjusts the point of impact where it thinks you should aim.

TannerTanker_2020 #6 Posted Oct 19 2020 - 16:18

Private

• -Players-
  • 672 battles
  • [-GOIN] -GOIN
Thank you very much (all of you) for the very helpful answers!

Also tagged with arc, wot, tanks, aiming

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users