Incoming! Equipment and Consumable Credit sale.

KRZY

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

IronPanterloons #21 Posted Oct 25 2020 - 19:01

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3992 battles

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Oct 25 2020 - 11:51, said:

You're missing out on a ton of fun, free prizes, free tanks, free Premium memberships, etc.  Every time you don't play for months, you lose what you learned, become rusty and then it's like starting all over again. Not fun.  Don't let the Forum-whiners ruin your fun, some of which work for competing gaming companies and have a vested interest in trying to tear down this great game.

I appreciate the comment. As you can see, I've been here almost as long as you have, but the new changes have amounted to a lot of reinventing the wheel as far as figuring out the most efficient combos and then getting credits just to be able to afford what I need. Just busywork, or grinding in the parlance of the game. No disrespect but that's not a ton of fun. But hey, everybody has their groove and I'm glad you enjoy the game for what it is.

As an aside, I by no means work for a competing game company lol. I know you didn't say I did, but just clearing the water there. I've tried to enjoy the others but they just don't have the feel (within the tank play itself) that I like, so it's either WoT or nothing for me. All I want to do is go out there and kill tanks. All the rest of this cruft that's been hyped up is useless time wasting to me.

Again, thanks, and have a great day.

Whistling_Death_ #22 Posted Oct 25 2020 - 19:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 72413 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostIronPanterloons, on Oct 25 2020 - 13:01, said:

I appreciate the comment. As you can see, I've been here almost as long as you have, but the new changes have amounted to a lot of reinventing the wheel as far as figuring out the most efficient combos and then getting credits just to be able to afford what I need. Just busywork, or grinding in the parlance of the game. No disrespect but that's not a ton of fun. But hey, everybody has their groove and I'm glad you enjoy the game for what it is.

As an aside, I by no means work for a competing game company lol. I know you didn't say I did, but just clearing the water there. I've tried to enjoy the others but they just don't have the feel (within the tank play itself) that I like, so it's either WoT or nothing for me. All I want to do is go out there and kill tanks. All the rest of this cruft that's been hyped up is useless time wasting to me.

Again, thanks, and have a great day.

The only constants in life are death and taxes.  :)

There's always great improvements to this game and that change is a good thing, not bad.  By not playing, you're throwing that all the way.  With only 3,992 battles, then not playing for months, you're literally starting all over again at square one.  Seems such a waste to do that.  :(

IronPanterloons #23 Posted Oct 25 2020 - 19:17

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3992 battles

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Oct 25 2020 - 12:04, said:

The only constants in life are death and taxes.  :)

There's always great improvements to this game and that change is a good thing, not bad.  By not playing, you're throwing that all the way.  With only 3,992 battles, then not playing for months, you're literally starting all over again at square one.  Seems such a waste to do that.  :(

Welllllll...people who can't spend hours and hours spending irreplaceable time on a game in which the rewards are "bragging rights"...pfffft...have to maximize the vapor value they get out of said game in what little time to waste they do have. Not going to happen for people with full lives. Oh, you'll have outliers, but for the most part when people sit down to relax and play a fun game, they don't want it to be a constant schooling episode. It appears that Wargaming is mostly interested in people with different priorities in life and with no inclination to speak out against their methodology.

Again, no disrespect to you.

flapppJack #24 Posted Oct 25 2020 - 20:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 53945 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ
Signed on at 5:30 EDT AM and the servers were down - couldn't buy equipment on sale. Disappointing

Edited by flapppJack, Oct 25 2020 - 20:57.

DarkDaddy #25 Posted Oct 26 2020 - 04:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13050 battles
So equipment is reconfigured, not a bad thing. But I have alot of tanks, and new options mean some thought and research should go into it. WG's solution is what is essentially a 1 -day equipment sale, time reduced on short notice, for only 25 percent off rather than the usual 50 percent discount. While this does not matter so much for lower tier equipment, where the cost to buy such low or mid tier equipment is less than the sale price of high tier equipment, high tier equipment itself is mostly sold for 300,000 credits and on this sale bought for 450,000 credits.

And apparently the servers were down prior to the official end time, thwarting those whoe decided to rise early for this purpose. Some have jobs, family, etc., and not that much flexibility, particularly when planning ahead is not an option.

A friendlier approach to customers would be to hold a regular, weekend-long, 50 percent equipment sale. Not after the holidays, but before the holidays, to let folks take care of their equipment business.  We might need one afterwards too.

Between BS like this and the King Tiger ( c), this has not been a good WOT weekend. Stupid White Russians.

DarkDaddy

Inflammatory #26 Posted Oct 26 2020 - 04:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 1629 battles
The sale ended an hour early. :amazed:

SlappedbyRommel #27 Posted Oct 26 2020 - 22:25

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14543 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE
The funny thing is 1 person posted and 100 are thinking of what that person's post they need to go business school on how to retain and satisfy the customer base. I need to be careful on how I use the WG gaming name been warned twice and had 1 strike lol only 4 more to go. I guess the truth hurts right GW!

Also tagged with KRZY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users