Incoming! Vital information on the Halloween event!

KRZY

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

ODBALL_W00F_W00F #21 Posted Oct 24 2020 - 16:32

Private

• -Players-
  • 32601 battles

Stupid mode

Long grind

Little reward

Pass 

zuquizu #22 Posted Oct 24 2020 - 17:46

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19052 battles
  • [AZTKZ] AZTKZ

Pay credits to play again with they dame tank?

No thanks new event sucks... 

kumputerdave #23 Posted Oct 24 2020 - 18:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 8920 battles
  • [BCAMP] BCAMP

If this is in the wrong channel I truly apologize...I'm not sure where to post something like this...I will gladly move it if someone will tell me where it should be instead...thanks for taking the time

In regards to recent missions, the requirements were to end the game in one of the top 3 slots to receive a reward. Now, as far back as I can remember that has always meant top 3 on the player's team...that's how BattlePass works and every other mission with a placement requirement. Until now...the mission requirement still states be in the top 3 however I did this 3 times in a row and didn't get the reward. I submitted a ticket and this is the response I got from player support:

Dear kumputerdave,
Thanks for contacting us. Rest assured that I will help you the best way I can.
Please note that you need to get into the TOP-3 players in the condition of caused damage among the players of both teams.
Unfortunately, there is a player in the opposing team who caused 2547 points of damage, which means that you took only 4th position in the condition of caused damage and for this reason did not fulfill the mission Bloc-13.
I hope this explanation has shed some light on your issue.
I wish you a wonderful day and much success on the battlefield!
If you have more questions, please feel free to contact us again.
Kind regards,

Suddenly the requirement is top 3 for both teams...that wasn't clarified anywhere....I think this is dirty and underhanded and makes me feel some kind of way about WG because it's not necessary to use the same kind of tactics that are used in political ads. It's not quite and out and out lie but it's presented in such a way as to imply something and come to find out its something else entirely

I don't know how to post pictures but I have screenshots of exactly what I'm talking about

Edited by kumputerdave, Oct 24 2020 - 18:18.

Nelyus #24 Posted Oct 24 2020 - 20:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 17197 battles
  • [JMSQC] JMSQC

AMAZING !

The arts in this map, on the tanks, its all amazing.

I hope we will be able to go again on that map from time to time, its too insanely amazing for it to be only a 1 time event !!!

Thank you for the hard work into finishing the Halloween mode from last year and finally bringing it to us.

Its ...

EXQUISITE !

https://youtu.be/5N9Fg0LFt8E

_W_R_A_I_T_H_ #25 Posted Oct 24 2020 - 21:19

Major

• Players
  • 50423 battles

View PostNelyus, on Oct 24 2020 - 20:47, said:

AMAZING !

The arts in this map, on the tanks, its all amazing.

I hope we will be able to go again on that map from time to time, its too insanely amazing for it to be only a 1 time event !!!

Thank you for the hard work into finishing the Halloween mode from last year and finally bringing it to us.

Its ...

EXQUISITE !

https://youtu.be/5N9Fg0LFt8E

You are clearly trolling because the event has not even started yet. 

FRONTLINE is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

but

STEEL HUNTER SUCKS

WAFFENTRAGER SUCKED

BERLIN SUCKED

and 

MIRNY-13 will likely SUCK too.

Edited by _W_R_A_I_T_H_, Oct 24 2020 - 21:19.

Shia_Halud #26 Posted Oct 24 2020 - 21:36

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4073 battles
One would think by now wot would have events and prizes that the base want. Or is Minsk that clueless, seems the latter is most likely.

ShilkinPalkin #27 Posted Oct 25 2020 - 00:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30567 battles
  • [UFTS] UFTS

View Postzuquizu, on Oct 24 2020 - 10:46, said:

Pay credits to play again with they dame tank?

No thanks new event sucks... 

We need to pay to play this event? WG, really?:facepalm:

MetalMatrix #28 Posted Oct 25 2020 - 10:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 44517 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-
WG must be desperate for money another friggen event that is a grind but wait you can advance faster using GOLD so you can get what some camo or 3d skin. OH LOOK its micro transactions in disguise  This is total crap the old events did not have this bs crap and now all of a sudden now WG puts in micro transactions in the game sad very sad. 

_W_R_A_I_T_H_ #29 Posted Oct 25 2020 - 14:09

Major

• Players
  • 50423 battles

MIRNEY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I played two games, had two losses, did not advance past second level, lost credits and had two tanks locked for 24 hours.  Why would I spend credits to unlock tanks to play a fun mode?  NOPE.

The game mode is boring, tedious, very complicated (players don't know what to do), tanks materialize out of thin air behind you and set you on fire, and you just drive around killing the same BOTS over and over against making delivers like you work for UPS.  

JUST HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Berlin and Waffentrager were not so bad that I did not grind them for the rewards, but the rewards for MIRNEY are CRAP, and Mirney is sooooooooooooo bad that I will never, EVER, play this mode again.  

TWO BORING AND TEDIOUS GAMES, TWO LOSSES, TWO LOCKED TANKS FOR 24 HOURS

and

I AM DONE WITH MIRNEY.

Edited by _W_R_A_I_T_H_, Oct 25 2020 - 14:15.

LunaCada #30 Posted Oct 25 2020 - 16:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 47570 battles
  • [4HIM2] 4HIM2

I get 3 tanks. I put in the consumables, which cost me by the way. Luckily I had credits from Steele Hunter, so I took the hit. Thanks WG. The graphics and maps are very cool. I played 3 battles and won 1. 

Now, I have to wait 20 hours for my tanks to be available again or pay 75k credits to play? This is not cool, AT ALL. 

Will not be playing this event any more. Costs more to play it that I will gain. 

Sorry WG a big thumbs down. 

stalkervision #31 Posted Oct 25 2020 - 16:25

Major

• Players
  • 81026 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Oct 23 2020 - 11:54, said:

yeah... 25 OCTOBER...

and I'm gonna pass. I come here to play tank battles, not "DOOM 9 in tanks".

Y'all have fun !!

Can't hack the pressure hmmm ?

KiltedAmerican #32 Posted Oct 25 2020 - 17:07

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

Not so bad, really ...

A bit like the one they put-on a couple of years ago.

It's all about the Learning Curve ...

Then it's Wash, Rinse, Repeat, Repeat, Repeat  Repeat ...

Edited by KiltedAmerican, Oct 25 2020 - 22:11.

_W_R_A_I_T_H_ #33 Posted Oct 25 2020 - 17:46

Major

• Players
  • 50423 battles

View PostKiltedAmerican, on Oct 25 2020 - 17:07, said:

Not so bad, really ...

A bit like the one they put-on a couple of years ago.

It's all about the Learning Curve ...

Then it's Wash, Rinse, Repeat, Repeat, Repeat ...

No, it's wash, rinse, repeat; THE NEXT DAY, since you only get 3 plays per day without doing missions or spending credits which most of us REFUSE to do in a FUN MODE.  I am not paying credits to play a FUN MODE.  

_W_R_A_I_T_H_ #34 Posted Oct 25 2020 - 17:47

Major

• Players
  • 50423 battles

View PostLunaCada, on Oct 25 2020 - 16:00, said:

I get 3 tanks. I put in the consumables, which cost me by the way. Luckily I had credits from Steele Hunter, so I took the hit. Thanks WG. The graphics and maps are very cool. I played 3 battles and won 1. 

Now, I have to wait 20 hours for my tanks to be available again or pay 75k credits to play? This is not cool, AT ALL. 

Will not be playing this event any more. Costs more to play it that I will gain. 

Sorry WG a big thumbs down. 

THIS.

KiltedAmerican #35 Posted Oct 25 2020 - 18:06

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

I have to admit that I don't like the lock-out, nor the Silver fee to Recover.

Blatant monetizing - I really think that WG is in trouble.

Also requires some intense teamwork, but the kiddies don't get that.

Not sure it's worth burning premium time for.

Skins are awesome, though.

Edited by KiltedAmerican, Oct 25 2020 - 20:10.

Arthurshelby #36 Posted Oct 25 2020 - 18:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9400 battles
  • [__G__] __G__
Overall, I am very disappointed with the Halloween event. I was really looking forward to another PvE and platooning with 5 of my clanmates and friends which is a big thumbs up. But there are too many negatives with this Halloween event. Wargaming really wants us to spend our coins and gold. It seems like with every new event, wargaming is pushing more and more to have us spend our coins and gold so that we can play the event more often, complete the event or get the event rewards. It is really sad. And the rewards for this Halloween event do not justify the cost of our coins and gold. It is ridiculous that you have to wait a whole day to play your tank again unless, of course, you pay credits to recover your tank BUT good luck trying to complete this event without using some coins and gold. And if you don't mind using gold - 10,000 gold for all of the event rewards (which are not epic despite some youtubers comment; i.e. marketing pitch), 10,000 gold for all of the German tank camos or 3,500 gold to access the elite event tanks & some boosters is absolutely absurd. 

ThePigSheFlies #37 Posted Oct 25 2020 - 18:31

Major

• Players
  • 82740 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostMancu, on Oct 23 2020 - 12:43, said:

Why does it seem that WG has taken what used to be fun special events and turned them into tedious grinds to encourage you to spend money to complete them?

arguably they keep making these diversion modes where you can't play your tech tree tanks to grind silver, crew xp, or tanks because they're incapable of prioritizing work or being transparent with that is going on with many of the common complaints in the game.

if it's a fun event, then it's not a grind and there's no need to spend money to complete them.

if it's not a fun event, and if the rewards are mediocre, then there's not only no need to spend money to complete them, but there's no need to participate either.  

• I have over 3k personal reserves, plenty of premium time left, more gold than I can rightfully spend in part because wargaming devalued it so much with so many competing currencies and ~77m credits
  • I have enough free xp to research an entire line easily, not to mention plenty of blueprints still - and yet really no grinds left that interest me (few overall anyway remaining)
  • dozens of crew books
  • something like 20 unrecruited lady and/or special event or twitch commanders with nowhere to put them.

fun is literally the only reason to play at this point, but every time I watch a friend stream the game, their experience is dominated by streaks of garbage maps.  maps or map types that I have literally never had an entertaining battle on.  ( note:  I mean entertaining.  I've had epic battles, and personal bests including personal mission success on maps I loathe )

_W_R_A_I_T_H_ #38 Posted Oct 25 2020 - 19:15

Major

• Players
  • 50423 battles

I was on a team that delivered ZERO juice, ZERO.  

I mean ZERO.  

We collected enough to advance, but everybody died or did not make the drop. 

THIS MODE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AcesHighMDP #39 Posted Oct 25 2020 - 19:27

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 47827 battles
  • [TYPE5] TYPE5

Totally bugged mode. After 4 battles (2 wins) I got 0 credits, 0 XP and 0 progression in all of them.

CS answer? "Uuugh must be your fault, somehow"

grego34 #40 Posted Oct 25 2020 - 19:57

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 33622 battles

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/halloween-2018/   Enter the Dark Front this Halloween!   2018

This one was better!  

This years sucks rotten pumpkin's!  

after you die then you have to wait to get back in or desert to the garage and get fined??   2 games in and it's a waste of time.. :facepalm:

Edited by grego34, Oct 25 2020 - 20:06.

Also tagged with KRZY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users