• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

FPTootles #1 Posted Oct 30 2020 - 14:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7004 battles
  • [CITW] CITW

Hello All,

I just wanted to thank Wargaming for an achievable Tier V goal in October Tank Rewards for the (very) casual player.

I'm a person who is able to get one battle a day in for sure, normally has time to achieve the weekend codes, and on the weekends can usually get enough time in to get extra tokens through the 10x top ten battle missions.  This month tank rewards ran almost the whole month which gave me  enough days to get to level V.  Past couple of months I haven't been able to make level IV and as a newer player I certainly appreciate getting the extra garage slots.

So please continue with Tank Rewards starting on the second of the month and running til the end.  

On a related tank rewards topic, my favorite month was June of last year when they ran the D-Day event for the French M10.  What I liked best was that tier IV actually awarded the TD, and tier V was a special skin for it. Fun TD too, got my first "M" badge in that.

What's been you're favorite Tank Reward Vehicle?

Best Regards,

FPTootles

Zugh #2 Posted Oct 30 2020 - 15:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21199 battles
  • [BOOBS] BOOBS

My favorite is the TOG II.  I know it's a joke tank but I'm learning to play it fairly well.

It's always fun to see what tanks are going to be in tank rewards and decide which one to get.  I agree that this month was achievable and more fun because it was less of a grind and more of a bonus.

Happy tanking!

Bushranger #3 Posted Oct 30 2020 - 15:35

Sergeant

• Players
  • 57429 battles

View PostFPTootles, on Oct 30 2020 - 08:38, said:

Hello All,

I just wanted to thank Wargaming for an achievable Tier V goal in October Tank Rewards for the (very) casual player.

I'm a person who is able to get one battle a day in for sure, normally has time to achieve the weekend codes, and on the weekends can usually get enough time in to get extra tokens through the 10x top ten battle missions.  This month tank rewards ran almost the whole month which gave me  enough days to get to level V.  Past couple of months I haven't been able to make level IV and as a newer player I certainly appreciate getting the extra garage slots.

So please continue with Tank Rewards starting on the second of the month and running til the end.  

On a related tank rewards topic, my favorite month was June of last year when they ran the D-Day event for the French M10.  What I liked best was that tier IV actually awarded the TD, and tier V was a special skin for it. Fun TD too, got my first "M" badge in that.

Best Regards,

FPTootles

Now that you've called out how achievable TR was for October, they won't make the same mistake again.  Everything is becoming a grind, and pushing players to play tier 10.  Fun factor is leaving the game, the only shining light has been to complete at least one TR because it ran for a decent amount of time.

Allf #4 Posted Oct 30 2020 - 15:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 43952 battles
  • [-LNF-] -LNF-

View PostFPTootles, on Oct 30 2020 - 08:38, said:

Hello All,

Best Regards,

FPTootles

I'm very happy to hear you are having a good experience. Its very refreshing.

I am also glad they ran the TR for the whole month pretty much.

Gave you +1 on your post for being happy :)

Carlos_dfc #5 Posted Oct 30 2020 - 16:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 380 battles

View PostZugh, on Oct 30 2020 - 14:31, said:

My favorite is the TOG II.  I know it's a joke tank but I'm learning to play it fairly well.

I like my TOG on my main (EU) account.

I knew it's bad rep, but bought it anyway when the clan I was in at the time decided to have a 'TOG-weekend' of platooning.

Don't play it all that much, but I do enjoy it when I do - and I have a 65% winrate with it, while that account is running at about 53% overall.

Mancu #6 Posted Oct 30 2020 - 16:08

Major

• Players
  • 23430 battles
I think WG needs to look at the post above and understand that making users happy - like the OP - by having less grindy events means they retain more players long term. The longer a person stays the more they spend in the long run. Happy user, happy company.

anonym_xotfPa5GbcgJ #7 Posted Oct 30 2020 - 18:40

Major

• Players
  • 0 battles
Getting in before they close this thread for violating the complaining format that is standard for the forums

rookiecan #8 Posted Oct 30 2020 - 19:07

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29774 battles
  • [M-I-T] M-I-T

View PostMancu, on Oct 30 2020 - 10:08, said:

I think WG needs to look at the post above and understand that making users happy - like the OP - by having less grindy events means they retain more players long term. The longer a person stays the more they spend in the long run. Happy user, happy company.

This ^^^^^ and +1 to Mancu and OP

nickdanger8989 #9 Posted Oct 31 2020 - 04:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 60209 battles
  • [-T-] -T-

FPTootles, I agree!

The 5x experience rewards were handy as well, as I am closing in on finishing the research for my last half dozen tanks.

I think the SU-100Y is my favourite tank reward vehicle...

FPTootles #10 Posted Oct 31 2020 - 15:01

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7004 battles
  • [CITW] CITW

Saw November Preview, TR starts on the 6th.  Oh well done with the treat, back to the tricks.

Still like playing the game.  Still having fun!

Thanks for all the replies, even you Bushranger!  Keep'em coming!

Happy Halloween!

FPT...

dunniteowl #11 Posted Oct 31 2020 - 15:08

Major

• Players
  • 39031 battles

I'm torn between:

T-34S

T-34-85M

M10 RBFM (slow but actually fun)

M22 Locust (was low tier, but it's zippy, has decent gun depression and has good VR at tier).

KV-220-2 (this thing is something of a beast at tier and works okay even against a number of tier VI)

T-50-2

(are you starting to see that "Russian Bias" yet)

I have more rewards tanks than that, including the Object 252U Defender (I can't play at those tiers with my craptop when I was able to play at all) and several others, like the M4 Improved (ugh) and the smaller tier 'gift' tanks.

All told, I have been given or awarded a slew of tanks from WG.

As a 100% FTPP, I'm grateful.

Thanks, WG!

OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Oct 31 2020 - 15:10.

Also tagged with Tank Rewards

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users