Incoming! Unlock the King Tiger in your garage now!

KRZY

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

KRZYBooP #1 Posted Nov 05 2020 - 18:56

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 4795 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

"Not ready to say farewell? Available from Nov. 5 at 05:00 PT | 07:00 CT | 08:00 ET through Nov. 25 at 03:00 PT | 05:00 CT | 06:00 ET, all commanders who got the vehicle from the Prime Gaming packages will be able to purchase it from the Premium Shop in a special bundle with a 35% discount. In addition to this formidable American brawler, you'll also get a load of Personal Reserves and other items."

More information can be found HERE.

In addition depending on how long you have had the King Tiger unlocked you will receive tokens for other free stuff!

PSA: Missing tokens! Don't worry they are on the way. 

Queue the Tiger Noises!

Edited by KRZYBooP, Nov 05 2020 - 18:59.

DrWho_ #2 Posted Nov 05 2020 - 19:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 35972 battles
  • [B-S-B] B-S-B

You lot really are a special kind of a-holes treating your players like this. It was said when it was first brought out that the players who kept their Prime membership active would get to keep this tank permanently once the rental deal ended.

Guess your word isn't worth a lot eh ?

And before you look at my account no I've never had the KT on my NA account so for me personally this isn't an issue but I despise dishonesty and WG is perhaps the most dishonest company I've come across on the internet

The_Pink_Panther #3 Posted Nov 05 2020 - 19:08

Captain

• Players
  • 87 battles
Thanks KB, you da man.  I just checked and mine is now available for purchase, should I decide to do so.  Thanks again.

The_Pink_Panther #4 Posted Nov 05 2020 - 19:10

Captain

• Players
  • 87 battles

View PostDrWho_, on Nov 05 2020 - 12:07, said:

You lot really are a special kind of a-holes treating your players like this. It was said when it was first brought out that the players who kept their Prime membership active would get to keep this tank permanently once the rental deal ended.

Guess your word isn't worth a lot eh ?

And before you look at my account no I've never had the KT on my NA account so for me personally this isn't an issue but I despise dishonesty and WG is perhaps the most dishonest company I've come across on the internet

Hey man, don't attack KB, it's not his fault.  Yes, he does work for them and all that but I can tell you from having interactions with KB, he is jam up, and really a great guy who does care.  What's going on is WG's fault and he is letting you know it's fixed.  If you really want to get to the bottom of the apple barrel, start an account on the RU and go over there and raise sand with them.  I know we all vent our frustrations here but, please, no personal attacks on this guy.

Gray_Ghost49 #5 Posted Nov 05 2020 - 19:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 25161 battles
  • [OMIT] OMIT

I just checked mine and it's still not there. :(

NateRocko #6 Posted Nov 05 2020 - 19:13

Captain

• -Players-
  • 1848 battles
  • [KTSHA] KTSHA
This is an insult to Amazon Prime customers and a smack in the face to WoT players. "We're not greedy" yeah, nice meme.

What's next? Taking our tech tree tanks and charging us to get them back?

Edited by NateRocko, Nov 05 2020 - 19:15.

Steel_castle #7 Posted Nov 05 2020 - 19:18

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 19184 battles
  • [B-S-B] B-S-B
If you work for the Mafia, expect to get similar treatment...

heavymetal1967 #8 Posted Nov 05 2020 - 19:18

Major

• Players
  • 79260 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

It's in the shop for me.  Still no tokens/coins and still showing the rental skin in my depot.

I'll pass mainly outta principle.  Too many tanks and too many unresolved issues to throw 20 bucks at them.  Especially on another tank.

Oh and folks when you think it can't get better - it can't. :P

Refundable payment methods only it seems as it's a one time only purchase I'm guessing.  So no prepaid cards like Karma Koin, etc..

19.99 USD for the tank, skin, 100% crew :sceptic:, slot and 20 x5s for the King Tiger C.  Actually doesn't seem like a bad deal, but again I'll pass.

And ditto folks on not killing the messenger.  Don't like the "message" shut your wallets.  That's the only thing that might get their attention.

Steel_castle #9 Posted Nov 05 2020 - 19:20

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 19184 battles
  • [B-S-B] B-S-B

View PostNateRocko, on Nov 05 2020 - 19:13, said:

This is an insult to Amazon Prime customers and a smack in the face to WoT players. "We're not greedy" yeah, nice meme.

What's next? Taking our tech tree tanks and charging us to get them back?

Already done that...look at the tech tree re-org and the tanks that got removed

Kramah313 #10 Posted Nov 05 2020 - 19:22

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8155 battles
  • [GNZX1] GNZX1
I don’t have the tokens yet and not in the shop either. There’s not anything we’re supposed to do on our end?

tod914 #11 Posted Nov 05 2020 - 19:24

Major

• Players
  • 69301 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS

View PostKramah313, on Nov 05 2020 - 13:22, said:

I don’t have the tokens yet and not in the shop either. There’s not anything we’re supposed to do on our end?

Spoiler

Steel_castle #12 Posted Nov 05 2020 - 19:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 19184 battles
  • [B-S-B] B-S-B

From Twitch "Once you claim your content, all content that is delivered to your game is yours to keep, subject to any World of Tanks rules or policies that apply to the content."

Note that the WoT rules at the time that I received mine was that it was mine to keep as long as Twitch continued to have a relationship with WoT, and that it would be mine *permanently* if the relationship was removed.  It was NOT a rental nor was there any reason for me to have to PAY for the tank.

RenamedUser_1004343877 #13 Posted Nov 05 2020 - 19:25

Major

• Players
  • 58586 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View PostDrWho_, on Nov 05 2020 - 18:07, said:

It was said when it was first brought out that the players who kept their Prime membership active would get to keep this tank permanently once the rental deal ended.

Can you source this statement? I don't recall that ever being said. I recall a lot of people asking what would happen, but the responses were all speculation. As far as I know WG has always referred to the tank as a rental.

IcyMaple #14 Posted Nov 05 2020 - 19:36

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 65768 battles
  • [-B0T-] -B0T-

"the King Tiger © was removed to make room for the latest offers"

what a joke, you don't need any "room" for this, its just another icon with hyperlink on Prime gaming website. If you truly want the game to be fair, you shouldn't make this tank in the first place. Even a BOT would have 52% wr in this tank, what do you say about this? Now you say, it is opened to everyone, including the ones previously been bullied by this tank. Go buy it, WG wins more money, Amazon still wins money by this joint program, players who buy this win, other players who encounter this op tank lose. Fair game!

CaptJak #15 Posted Nov 05 2020 - 19:37

Private

• Players
  • 47477 battles

not been handled well - havent had my t2c for over a month because i inadvertantly unlinked my prime from twitch and then when i re linked i linked the wrong  one. Was told they were going to send out offer to purchase tank so dont worry. Well heres the day and no offer and no tokens no nothing. Feel like they just dont care about us more and more,

IFOA #16 Posted Nov 05 2020 - 19:38

Private

• -Players-
  • 10125 battles
  • [OF] OF
I haven't even been able to use my KT since my first month of prime, just reads unavailable forever in my garage even if I resume my prime membership :/

ShermanMaster04 #17 Posted Nov 05 2020 - 19:41

Private

• -Players-
  • 3028 battles
  • [SF-V] SF-V

Ngl this is just complete crap.  The only damn reason why I got Amazon Prime in the first place was to get twitch prime to get the King Tiger (Captured) where a promise was made that the tank will only ever go away if your account is closed.  Now you guys wanna charge me more money for a tank that was already in my garage.  I have had respect for Wargaming's need to make money to support their employees for a long time but now that the promise was broken, I have zero respect.  35% is a damn joke.

What I mean by "long time" is that I have been playing Wot Blitz since the beginning and it's the same greedy treatment there as seen in Wot PC.

Edited by ShermanMaster04, Nov 05 2020 - 20:18.

ShermanMaster04 #18 Posted Nov 05 2020 - 19:42

Private

• -Players-
  • 3028 battles
  • [SF-V] SF-V

View PostCaptJak, on Nov 05 2020 - 19:37, said:

not been handled well - havent had my t2c for over a month because i inadvertantly unlinked my prime from twitch and then when i re linked i linked the wrong  one. Was told they were going to send out offer to purchase tank so dont worry. Well heres the day and no offer and no tokens no nothing. Feel like they just dont care about us more and more,

I completely agree

JDF #19 Posted Nov 05 2020 - 19:43

Major

• Players
  • 24594 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostButtknuckle, on Nov 05 2020 - 19:25, said:

Can you source this statement? I don't recall that ever being said. I recall a lot of people asking what would happen, but the responses were all speculation. As far as I know WG has always referred to the tank as a rental.

It's in the FAQ (number 6): 

Once you claim your content, all content that is delivered to your game is yours to keep, subject to any World of Tanks rules or policies that apply to the content.

source: https://gaming.amazo.../worldoftankspc

On the WoT website it says:

IMPORTANT:

If you claimed the tank once, there’s no need to re-claim it every month when a new content package gets revealed.

If you discontinue your Twitch Prime membership, the tank will become unavailable for battle, but will not be removed from your Garage.

If you unlink your Twitch and Wargaming.net accounts, the tank together with the Slot will be removed from your account. The crew and 3D style will be sent to the Barracks and the Storage respectively.

All other content items from Care Packages (to be claimed separately) remain. To get the combat-ready tank back, you’ll have to become a Twitch Prime member again. The tank will be granted back to you, but you’ll have to manually recruit the Crew and install the 3D style.

source: https://worldoftanks.../en/king-tiger/

The above wording on the WoT site suggests one would keep the King Tiger as long as he/she keeps Twitch prime/Prime game going.

DrWho_ #20 Posted Nov 05 2020 - 19:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 35972 battles
  • [B-S-B] B-S-B

View PostButtknuckle, on Nov 05 2020 - 19:25, said:

Unfortunately I can't remember where I read this, it's been way too long but I'm not the only one who recalls this promise being made. Yes I know, a lot of people "know" that the earth is flat too so just because I'm not the only one doesn't mean squat

I've done a brief search but I can't find it

Also tagged with KRZY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users