Beating a Dead Horse Again

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Yojimbo50 #1 Posted Nov 06 2020 - 19:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33009 battles
  • [B-T-G] B-T-G
Can't War Gaming at least fix one small thing. OK I get it winning is everything but when you are on a team that isn't a team and you place in the top 3 can't they at least give those people credits for their efforts in a losing situation. Too much to ask then how about the top three don't lose any credits. I really don't see how this could kill the game and might even make getting crap teams more palatable. In fact won't that make people want to play more each day. But this sounds too reasonable so it can't happen right. OK I'm done and now will lite the funeral pyre for the Horse.

PapioTitan #2 Posted Nov 06 2020 - 20:00

Captain

• Players
  • 52495 battles
Look up "Courageous Resistance". Are you courageous or just another "you first" tanker?

ArmorStorm #3 Posted Nov 06 2020 - 20:12

Major

• Players
  • 42552 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostYojimbo50, on Nov 06 2020 - 12:45, said:

Can't War Gaming at least fix one small thing. OK I get it winning is everything but when you are on a team that isn't a team and you place in the top 3 can't they at least give those people credits for their efforts in a losing situation. Too much to ask then how about the top three don't lose any credits. I really don't see how this could kill the game and might even make getting crap teams more palatable. In fact won't that make people want to play more each day. But this sounds too reasonable so it can't happen right. OK I'm done and now will lite the funeral pyre for the Horse.

No, because it is fairly easy to red line camp and clean up quite a bit of damage late-game...after it has already been decided.  Courageous Resistance covers guys who are having a great game and should be rewarded.  

dunniteowl #4 Posted Nov 06 2020 - 20:23

Major

• Players
  • 38157 battles

View PostYojimbo50, on Nov 06 2020 - 12:45, said:

OP, you probably should crack open a manual or something just every so often.

From here: 

Battle Mechanics: Crew Experience and Credits

Courageous Resistance:

When your team is defeated but you get one of the Battle Hero, Epic or Platoon achievements, you will receive the same experience bonus as the victorious team. Coefficient of 1.5.  XP award as if you WON!

When your team is defeated but you get one of the Battle Hero, Epic or Platoon achievements, you will receive the same credit bonus as the victorious team. The "Joining a battle" reward is multiplied by 1.85.  Credit award as if you WON!

And, yes, I am now going to chide you that you clearly have not taken as much time as I have suggested in LOOKING through the links in:

The WoT Welcome Package (version 1)

In all honesty, USING that set of links BEFORE you come to the forums to complain will do two things:  It will save you time, because about 98% of the time if you read first, you'd get an answer, so posting time is saved.  Additionally, it will save you from spending too much time focusing on the negative aspects of your issue while you wait for folks to respond -- and hopefully, they'll respond in a kindly way instead of a less so manner.

This saves you those things: Time and Frustration (and the frustration you build up being unhappy about it during all that).

IN the meantime, please take this admonishment in the spirit in which it is intended:  To remind you that you can answer most of this stuff simply by using the tools you have already been provided.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

goldfinger_555 #5 Posted Nov 06 2020 - 21:45

Captain

• Players
  • 28206 battles
  • [FFWC] FFWC
All that would promote is spamming even more gold rounds if all you had to do was fire it all the time and never lose credits as long as you were in top 3. 

Collapsed_Eigenfunction #6 Posted Nov 07 2020 - 08:34

Major

• Players
  • 29583 battles
  • [CLAIM] CLAIM

I’m all for 0 xp and 0 creds for every member of the losing team whether or not they did well,

maybe then people would actually try to not be utter garbage.

Altwar #7 Posted Nov 07 2020 - 08:56

Major

• Players
  • 64947 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostCollapsed_Eigenfunction, on Nov 06 2020 - 23:34, said:

I’m all for 0 xp and 0 creds for every member of the losing team whether or not they did well,

maybe then people would actually try to not be utter garbage.

Sounds good.  Only if you win do you get any earnings.  I'm sure that would go well with the community.  How long do you imagine the community would remain when the only way to get any kind of earnings is via a win?   How many players would be upset for having a good game personally but getting tagged with a loss and thus earning nothing?  How encouraging would it be for players to play past mid tier, suffer a losing streak and lose some really significant amounts of credits?

Collapsed_Eigenfunction #8 Posted Nov 07 2020 - 09:06

Major

• Players
  • 29583 battles
  • [CLAIM] CLAIM

View PostAltwar, on Nov 07 2020 - 07:56, said:

Sounds good.  Only if you win do you get any earnings.  I'm sure that would go well with the community.  How long do you imagine the community would remain when the only way to get any kind of earnings is via a win?   How many players would be upset for having a good game personally but getting tagged with a loss and thus earning nothing?  How encouraging would it be for players to play past mid tier, suffer a losing streak and lose some really significant amounts of credits?

I really don’t care, it was a [edited]idea to retort to a [edited]idea 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users