Highest personal battle damage to date....

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Oilercannonball #1 Posted Nov 10 2020 - 16:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1471 battles
  • [-TLG-] -TLG-
On the final rental day for the SU-122, I took it out for one final spin. ended up with the highest battle damage for myself.
Too bad it was a defeat in which my overall play left something to be desired. Will get getter with time though.
As usual, any tips where I went wrong, especially at the start, where I had trouble getting in a decent spot.
It was a fun td to play, and gave some good lessons in casement td play. 

Replay:
http://wotreplays.eu...nball-su-122-44

scharnhorst310 #2 Posted Nov 10 2020 - 17:08

Major

• Players
  • 24444 battles
  • [RSRDD] RSRDD

View PostOilerCannonball, on Nov 10 2020 - 07:53, said:

On the final rental day for the SU-122, I took it out for one final spin. ended up with the highest battle damage for myself.
Too bad it was a defeat in which my overall play left something to be desired. Will get getter with time though.
As usual, any tips where I went wrong, especially at the start, where I had trouble getting in a decent spot.
It was a fun td to play, and gave some good lessons in casement td play. 

Replay:
http://wotreplays.eu...nball-su-122-44

Replays of your really good games are cool; but replays of your more common games are even better if you want to learn. 

RedneckMech911 #3 Posted Nov 10 2020 - 17:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6600 battles
  • [CAMLT] CAMLT

Congratulations on your personal milestone! It's always satisfying to meet or exceed your goals.

I'll be honest and say I haven't watched your replay yet, but I will. Just keep at it brother. This game takes A LOT to figure everything out. It's not one of those "jump in and be good" games. There's a lot that goes into it. Unless you're a gaming savant, you're not going to be REALLY good until you've got a few thousand battles under your belt. Just keep at it and don't let a few losses crush your dreams. Even the best players have bad days.

XVM_Camouflage #4 Posted Nov 10 2020 - 19:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 39134 battles
  • [-LT-] -LT-

This is by far my best SU-122-44 game ever. Figured you might like to see it.

http://wotreplays.eu...e/4833699#stats

Edited by XVM_Camouflage, Nov 10 2020 - 20:00.

XVM_Camouflage #5 Posted Nov 10 2020 - 20:13

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 39134 battles
  • [-LT-] -LT-

As far as tips go here is my input

1. When stunned by arty try and use your Med pack to remove the stun especially if you are going to try and poke to send a round out.

2.This one is all about preference but Id definitely throw a couple of gold rounds in your tank for those higher tier matches.(you never know when you might need em)

3.I run Gun rammer,Vents, Coated Optics for the equipment on my SU-122-44

4.Universal tip: Always be aware of your surroundings. Your mini map is your best friend.

Other than that I'd say you did pretty well. Good shots and aiming. Keep up the good work.

Edited by XVM_Camouflage, Nov 10 2020 - 20:17.

Oilercannonball #6 Posted Nov 11 2020 - 02:01

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1471 battles
  • [-TLG-] -TLG-

View Postscharnhorst310, on Nov 10 2020 - 10:08, said:

Replays of your really good games are cool; but replays of your more common games are even better if you want to learn. 

A fair point.. Yes, it was a new milestone as far as damage output, and I am happy about that.
Was it all just garbage time damage? Did I really do enough to help my team, even though we lost?
Where should I have setup for the engagement to be more effective and maybe turn the tide?
Did I make the right choice by allowing that Panther keep me tied up in that corner?
What could I done where the damage mattered the most? That is what I am asking. 

Edited by OilerCannonball, Nov 11 2020 - 09:16.

Oilercannonball #7 Posted Nov 11 2020 - 02:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1471 battles
  • [-TLG-] -TLG-

View PostXVM_Camouflage, on Nov 10 2020 - 13:13, said:

As far as tips go here is my input

1. When stunned by arty try and use your Med pack to remove the stun especially if you are going to try and poke to send a round out.

2.This one is all about preference but Id definitely throw a couple of gold rounds in your tank for those higher tier matches.(you never know when you might need em)

3.I run Gun rammer,Vents, Coated Optics for the equipment on my SU-122-44

4.Universal tip: Always be aware of your surroundings. Your mini map is your best friend.

Other than that I'd say you did pretty well. Good shots and aiming. Keep up the good work.

I didn't realize that the med pack worked on the stun. Thanks.

Will think about the premium rounds. 

Thanks for the tips.
FYI, tried to watch your replay but I cannot run it as it is from an older version of WoT. Any way to watch older replays?

XVM_Camouflage #8 Posted Nov 11 2020 - 04:44

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 39134 battles
  • [-LT-] -LT-

View PostOilerCannonball, on Nov 10 2020 - 20:03, said:

FYI, tried to watch your replay but I cannot run it as it is from an older version of WoT. Any way to watch older replays?

I'll see if there is a way

death_stryker #9 Posted Nov 12 2020 - 04:20

Captain

• Players
  • 4615 battles

View PostOilerCannonball, on Nov 10 2020 - 18:01, said:

A fair point.. Yes, it was a new milestone as far as damage output, and I am happy about that.
Was it all just garbage time damage? Did I really do enough to help my team, even though we lost?
Where should I have setup for the engagement to be more effective and maybe turn the tide?
Did I make the right choice by allowing that Panther keep me tied up in that corner?
What could I done where the damage mattered the most? That is what I am asking. 

I think you did about as well as you could that game, but the game was pretty straightforward so there really isn't much to critique about it. As someone else said, your average game will be better for constructive criticism.

About your questions:

- In some sense the damage you dealt was fairly meaningless to the outcome of that game. However, we only know that in hindsight, so unless you are deliberately farming damage by camping the entire game (which clearly wasn't the case here), whether the damage ended up being meaningful is kind of a moot point (damage is better than no damage). In terms of doing enough, obviously it was possible to do more, but again I don't think that's an important consideration here.

- You grabbed the free damage on the VK and the Type 61 (i.e. the enemies pushed up in that time), so the position you ended up attempting to defend from was about as good as you were going to get. Was that correct? Again, hindsight is 20/20, so I would just move on.

- By Panther I think you mean the VK 30.02 D at the start. In my opinion, it would've been better to take the aggressive early position where the Charioteer and somebody else was, at H4 (they were able to shoot the VK as well). However, in this game they were completely overrun because your team (including yourself) were not in a position to support them (e.g. J5, K5 are common crossfire positions for H4).

- Your team crumbled so quickly in this game that it's difficult to say what position would've been the most effective. In general, J5 and K5 are good defensive positions to cover the tanks at H4 while not overexposing yourself. H4 tends to be a crucial defensive chokepoint on that flank, so that's where damage "matters" most. Consciously asking this question is far more important than figuring out a definitive answer, so I would advise you to try and answer it yourself. You'll learn a lot from that, more than you might think!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users