Jump to content


Make XVM an Illegal Mod

XVM Mods

  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

RickEdwards #1 Posted Nov 11 2020 - 19:47

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 31464 battles
  • 742
  • [SEGA] SEGA
  • Member since:
    07-10-2013

So first, lets talk about what makes a mod illegal. According to WG, there are three basic types of mods:

 

  1. 1. Mods that don't provide a gameplay advantage, merely information customization for the viewer. They are “pure” mods, and we like them.
  2. 2. Mods that provide a gameplay advantage in what we believe to be a positive way. These will be considered "good" for the time being, and may even inspire official game features.
  3. 3. Mods that provide a gameplay advantage in what we believe to be a negative way. These are classified as cheats, and are illegal going forward.

At first, one might think that XVM is in the first category. However, the first one is "information customization," whereas XVM adds additional information, which does indeed give a gameplay advantage. If one team has many XVM users they will naturally focus the best players, thus making them less effective in battle (or dead) and allowing the team with XVM to have better chances at winning.

 

This means that it must be in the number two category then, right?

 

That must have been the case for a long period of time, but there was a major change that was done directly in opposition to XVM: the anonymiser. With the addition of the anonymiser, WG has implicitly admitted that XVM does indeed give an unfair gameplay advantage; so much so that they added a feature that allows you to (attempt to) hide from it. If WG is spending resources to make such a feature, they I highly doubt they consider such a mod to be "good."

 

This means that XVM should logically fall into the third category: a mod that provides a gameplay advantage in a negative way, and one that should be considered illegal.



_Tsavo_ #2 Posted Nov 11 2020 - 20:03

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 49779 battles
  • 21,720
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

XVM is antiquated at this point, as is WN8.   But I have not run XVM since 2015/16, and save from the occasional Marks of Excellence Extended mod, I'm vanilla. 

 

XVM should be killed, hear, hear! 



NiteDog #3 Posted Nov 11 2020 - 20:24

    Major

  • Players
  • 32019 battles
  • 7,740
  • Member since:
    08-09-2011

View PostRickEdwards, on Nov 11 2020 - 10:47, said:

So first, lets talk about what makes a mod illegal. According to WG, there are three basic types of mods:

 

  1. 1. Mods that don't provide a gameplay advantage, merely information customization for the viewer. They are “pure” mods, and we like them.
  2. 2. Mods that provide a gameplay advantage in what we believe to be a positive way. These will be considered "good" for the time being, and may even inspire official game features.
  3. 3. Mods that provide a gameplay advantage in what we believe to be a negative way. These are classified as cheats, and are illegal going forward.

At first, one might think that XVM is in the first category. However, the first one is "information customization," whereas XVM adds additional information, which does indeed give a gameplay advantage. If one team has many XVM users they will naturally focus the best players, thus making them less effective in battle (or dead) and allowing the team with XVM to have better chances at winning.

 

This means that it must be in the number two category then, right?

 

That must have been the case for a long period of time, but there was a major change that was done directly in opposition to XVM: the anonymiser. With the addition of the anonymiser, WG has implicitly admitted that XVM does indeed give an unfair gameplay advantage; so much so that they added a feature that allows you to (attempt to) hide from it. If WG is spending resources to make such a feature, they I highly doubt they consider such a mod to be "good."

 

This means that XVM should logically fall into the third category: a mod that provides a gameplay advantage in a negative way, and one that should be considered illegal.

 

Although I go vanilla in-game, I don't understand why you don't understand that in any professional sport or game, a given team focuses on the Better/Best players. This is a pyramid approach that believes that if you cut off the head, the body will follow. Eliminate the enemy guns, especially the better ones. Prevent the better players from participating in the game soon. Better players are better and must take the burden of increasing their skill by dealing with the extra pressure from the knowledge that the opposing team has their eyes on them. I am not defending XMV in any way. Even without XMV, some players know who the better players are early in the battle. IMHO



Tig_Welder_1 #4 Posted Nov 11 2020 - 21:05

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 9706 battles
  • 632
  • [RS] RS
  • Member since:
    04-06-2018
I guess I do not understand how XVM gives an unfair advantage, besides showing people their opponents "proposed" level of skill. Now with all things human, everyone makes mistakes and XVM does not help you capitalize on peoples mistakes. It doesn't show any information in regards to tactical advantage either. The only thing I would assume that it does is make people complain about stacked teams and such. 

RickEdwards #5 Posted Nov 11 2020 - 21:50

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 31464 battles
  • 742
  • [SEGA] SEGA
  • Member since:
    07-10-2013

View PostNiteDog, on Nov 11 2020 - 20:24, said:

 

Although I go vanilla in-game, I don't understand why you don't understand that in any professional sport or game, a given team focuses on the Better/Best players. This is a pyramid approach that believes that if you cut off the head, the body will follow. Eliminate the enemy guns, especially the better ones. Prevent the better players from participating in the game soon. Better players are better and must take the burden of increasing their skill by dealing with the extra pressure from the knowledge that the opposing team has their eyes on them. I am not defending XMV in any way. Even without XMV, some players know who the better players are early in the battle. IMHO

 

The act of focusing the "good" players is not the problem here; the problem is that XVM is a third-party addition that allows someone who uses it to more effectively focus those players than someone who does not use it, thus creating an advantage.



NiteDog #6 Posted Nov 11 2020 - 22:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 32019 battles
  • 7,740
  • Member since:
    08-09-2011

View PostRickEdwards, on Nov 11 2020 - 12:50, said:

 

The act of focusing the "good" players is not the problem here; the problem is that XVM is a third-party addition that allows someone who uses it to more effectively focus those players than someone who does not use it, thus creating an advantage.

be more specific.



goldfinger_555 #7 Posted Nov 11 2020 - 22:17

    Captain

  • Players
  • 28131 battles
  • 1,592
  • [FFWC] FFWC
  • Member since:
    10-17-2013
It needs to either be added to the vanilla client or banned.

bake3020 #8 Posted Nov 11 2020 - 23:24

    Captain

  • Players
  • 134 battles
  • 1,720
  • Member since:
    11-03-2011

View PostRickEdwards, on Nov 11 2020 - 18:47, said:

So first, lets talk about what makes a mod illegal. According to WG, there are three basic types of mods:

 

  1. 1. Mods that don't provide a gameplay advantage, merely information customization for the viewer. They are “pure” mods, and we like them.
  2. 2. Mods that provide a gameplay advantage in what we believe to be a positive way. These will be considered "good" for the time being, and may even inspire official game features.
  3. 3. Mods that provide a gameplay advantage in what we believe to be a negative way. These are classified as cheats, and are illegal going forward.

At first, one might think that XVM is in the first category. However, the first one is "information customization," whereas XVM adds additional information, which does indeed give a gameplay advantage. If one team has many XVM users they will naturally focus the best players, thus making them less effective in battle (or dead) and allowing the team with XVM to have better chances at winning.

 

This means that it must be in the number two category then, right?

 

That must have been the case for a long period of time, but there was a major change that was done directly in opposition to XVM: the anonymiser. With the addition of the anonymiser, WG has implicitly admitted that XVM does indeed give an unfair gameplay advantage; so much so that they added a feature that allows you to (attempt to) hide from it. If WG is spending resources to make such a feature, they I highly doubt they consider such a mod to be "good."

 

This means that XVM should logically fall into the third category: a mod that provides a gameplay advantage in a negative way, and one that should be considered illegal.


I can't fault you for this view, as it does need to be banned.  It has singlehandedly cause way more problems than it's worth.



Badkarma #9 Posted Nov 11 2020 - 23:24

    Captain

  • Players
  • 32290 battles
  • 1,622
  • [GFLC] GFLC
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View PostRickEdwards, on Nov 11 2020 - 19:47, said:

So first, lets talk about what makes a mod illegal. According to WG, there are three basic types of mods:

 

  1. 1. Mods that don't provide a gameplay advantage, merely information customization for the viewer. They are “pure” mods, and we like them.
  2. 2. Mods that provide a gameplay advantage in what we believe to be a positive way. These will be considered "good" for the time being, and may even inspire official game features.
  3. 3. Mods that provide a gameplay advantage in what we believe to be a negative way. These are classified as cheats, and are illegal going forward.

At first, one might think that XVM is in the first category. However, the first one is "information customization," whereas XVM adds additional information, which does indeed give a gameplay advantage. If one team has many XVM users they will naturally focus the best players, thus making them less effective in battle (or dead) and allowing the team with XVM to have better chances at winning.

 

This means that it must be in the number two category then, right?

 

That must have been the case for a long period of time, but there was a major change that was done directly in opposition to XVM: the anonymiser. With the addition of the anonymiser, WG has implicitly admitted that XVM does indeed give an unfair gameplay advantage; so much so that they added a feature that allows you to (attempt to) hide from it. If WG is spending resources to make such a feature, they I highly doubt they consider such a mod to be "good."

 

This means that XVM should logically fall into the third category: a mod that provides a gameplay advantage in a negative way, and one that should be considered illegal.

Let's make whining about XVM illegal.....



Pipinghot #10 Posted Nov 11 2020 - 23:34

    Major

  • Players
  • 25960 battles
  • 12,368
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    11-20-2011

View PostRickEdwards, on Nov 11 2020 - 13:47, said:

That must have been the case for a long period of time, but there was a major change that was done directly in opposition to XVM: the anonymiser. With the addition of the anonymiser, WG has implicitly admitted that XVM does indeed give an unfair gameplay advantage; so much so that they added a feature that allows you to (attempt to) hide from it. If WG is spending resources to make such a feature, they I highly doubt they consider such a mod to be "good."

 

This means that XVM should logically fall into the third category: a mod that provides a gameplay advantage in a negative way, and one that should be considered illegal.

You've misinterpreted WG's decisions to fit the story you want to tell.

 

If WG actually believed that XVM "an unfair gameplay advantage" they would have banned it, just like they've banned other mods. WG is perfectly happy to ban mods they don't like, so the fact that they didn't ban it should make it immediately obvious that WG doesn't believe it's an advantage, much less an unfair advantage.

 

Instead of banning XVM, which would have been easy (and free) to do, they added the anonymizer to the game which cost them time & money to develop > test > implement. So the question that you should be asking yourself is: "Why would WG spend time & money to develop the anonymizer when they could have just banned XVM for free?".

 

The answer is pretty simple, the anonymizer is a placebo to make XVM haters feel better about the game. The anonymizer lets XVM haters feel happier while still allowing people who like XVM to continue enjoy using it, which is a win-win for Wargaming. Even though XVM is not a cheat mod, even though XVM does not give an unfair advantage, there has always been a steady stream of people who whine about it and use XVM to make excuses. By adding the anonymizer they've placated the XVM haters while allowing XVM users to continue to use a mod that they enjoy, and which is still just as fair to use as it has always been.


Edited by Pipinghot, Nov 12 2020 - 17:55.


cavalry11 #11 Posted Nov 12 2020 - 00:43

    Captain

  • Players
  • 57655 battles
  • 1,261
  • [APG] APG
  • Member since:
    06-24-2013
Whining about something they could use just like the premium ammo whiners. Just use both and no one has an advantage. Personally i always target better players and all anonamized players.

leeuniverse #12 Posted Nov 12 2020 - 01:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 42858 battles
  • 8,485
  • [LAMP] LAMP
  • Member since:
    01-30-2013

View PostRickEdwards, on Nov 11 2020 - 11:47, said:

So first, lets talk about what makes a mod illegal. According to WG, there are three basic types of mods:

 

  1. 1. Mods that don't provide a gameplay advantage, merely information customization for the viewer. They are “pure” mods, and we like them.
  2. 2. Mods that provide a gameplay advantage in what we believe to be a positive way. These will be considered "good" for the time being, and may even inspire official game features.
  3. 3. Mods that provide a gameplay advantage in what we believe to be a negative way. These are classified as cheats, and are illegal going forward.

At first, one might think that XVM is in the first category. However, the first one is "information customization," whereas XVM adds additional information, which does indeed give a gameplay advantage. If one team has many XVM users they will naturally focus the best players, thus making them less effective in battle (or dead) and allowing the team with XVM to have better chances at winning.

 

This means that it must be in the number two category then, right?

 

That must have been the case for a long period of time, but there was a major change that was done directly in opposition to XVM: the anonymiser. With the addition of the anonymiser, WG has implicitly admitted that XVM does indeed give an unfair gameplay advantage; so much so that they added a feature that allows you to (attempt to) hide from it. If WG is spending resources to make such a feature, they I highly doubt they consider such a mod to be "good."

 

This means that XVM should logically fall into the third category: a mod that provides a gameplay advantage in a negative way, and one that should be considered illegal.

 

While I appreciate the attempt.... UGH

 

First, I need to point out that these "3 categories" are NOT the standards Wargaming judges whether a mod is illegal or not.

While they aren't really following it today, banning a couple of mods that don't actually break the rules, the original rule used to say a mod was illegal if it gave information that could not be gained through one's own knowledge or team communication, i.e. hidden/unknown information.  Paraphrasing...

 

They are basically now IGNORING that original standard (though it's still used in a basic way which is why they haven't banned XVM) and using the 3rd Category above which is saying nothing more than "if it's our FEELS or enough players FEEL it's bad, then it's bad, so we then ban it".

That is an utterly terrible standard.  This is exactly why you're confused...  Because YOU "feel" XVM should be banned, that it's "cheating" you think it then should be banned.

The original standard was an actual "measurable" standard that Mods could be fairly judged by...  For example, the Mod that showed a tanks "stock reload" over the tank was considered Legal because people can actually KNOW themselves what the basic reload of a tank is, as well as communicate with each other when a tank has shot, is reloading etc.  While true it was "very close" to being game-breaking, it really wasn't, it was just a "minor advantage" that is not "game-breaking".

 

1. XVM DOES fall under the First category as well as the Second Category...

It matches the first category for example by providing simple "information" things, like Player Panel tank Icons which are colored by class, or show the stock reload of a tank, etc.  This is "information customization".

It matches the second category for example by showing "Spotted Icons" next to the PP Tank Icons to let you know what's been spotted, who's spotted currently and if a tank hasn't been spotted yet.  This is "additional information" as you want to say, but it's not information that can't be known by being highly observant of your minimap, the battle, etc.  So, it's not "hidden" information.

 

2. I have to be frank...  Almost NOBODY "focuses on the best players".  This is a "myth".  Some think XVM helps Arty do this, but while that may occur a "little" Arty is SOOO massively bad now, almost nobody is waisting time with shooting the best players, they are shooting whoever is open to being shot!  And really, this applies to any tanker...  We shoot what's open to shoot, not chasing after good players.  Another thing your missing, is did it ever occur to you that XVM helps the BAD players stay away from the good players?

Further, let's say XVM people are focusing on the best players, doesn't that also occur with the tanks that are being played?  Don't people make decisions on what to do on what tanks are on the team and where they are likely going?  Why do we need to know that?  Why isn't that a "cheat"?  Cause it's in the game?

 

3. No...  They just got tired of the players who didn't want to be "stat shamed" or potentially "focused" because they are good, so they decided to finally address it.

It doesn't mean it's "real"... save the Stat Shaming is certainly real, as well, some nutballs would Yolo on good players thus ruining their game, so that's also true.

 

But let's get frank here...  Most of us aren't into XVM because of the "Stats" (though I do think the color schemes I use are enjoyable to look at).  Most of us are into XVM because of all the other features that frankly should be DEFAULT in the game, some of which HAVE been placed in the game, but for some reason Wargaming is STILL massively lazy to not put them in the game.

 

Me...  I use XVM for the Spotted/Unspotted indicators (though I use my own lightbulbs, I don't like XVM's or Aslains versions).

I used XVM for having Players Panel Tank Icons that are actually informative, color-coded etc...  (This is actually the most important mod that exists for me, and I suck without it, and yet it's just cosmetic and slightly informative.)

I use XVM for the "Default Zoom" setting, and used to use it for better Zoom In and Shift-to-Zoom before Wargaming added those, and to show you how stupid they are they didn't add a Default Zoom drop-down selector when they should have.

I like 3-4 Tank Carousel Rows, again showing how stupid Wargaming is only having two rows when they finally "improved" it.

I like the Zoom Out...  I don't like not being able to look around in a game.  This and better PP Icons, if these mods hadn't existed with XVM or similar mods, I wouldn't have continued playing WOT and spent likely $3,000-$5,000 on the game.

And many other "little" convenient things, clock in garage, return crew, and whatever... I can't remember cause I NEVER play Vanilla, can't stand it.  This games UI and features is like a webpage from the 1980's.... it's THAT BAD.

 

Anyway, I could care less about the "Stats" aspect of XVM, other than seeing my own progress and like I said, I like the colors.

 

As to your "conclusion"...  No, it doesn't provide any "negative advantage", no more than a Gaming Mouse, a 27 Inch Monitor, etc. etc. might provide an "advantage" over those who don't have those.

There is Advantage, and then there's Negative Advantage...  Learn the difference.

 

I would be more concerned with the lack of balancing the sides equally, aka the Match Maker.

- Tanks doing far too much damage, over 700

- 3 Arty

- Stun

- Crap performing tanks in speeds and gun performance, which then makes people cry about EBR's.

- Gold Rounds

... and so much more.

 

These are the ACTUAL problems of the game.

And I know how to fix them and more, see here: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/574293-wargaming-steamrolls-and-other-frustrations-can-be-reduced/



n4cer67 #13 Posted Nov 12 2020 - 02:11

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 19733 battles
  • 2,318
  • [NAAP] NAAP
  • Member since:
    10-18-2010
Lol, addition of anonymizer does not mean WG is calling XVM illegal. The anonymizer just allows players to troll their teammates without being called out. XVM gives no unfair advantage as having it installed doesn't give 100% victory over your opponents.

RickEdwards #14 Posted Nov 12 2020 - 05:44

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 31464 battles
  • 742
  • [SEGA] SEGA
  • Member since:
    07-10-2013

View Postleeuniverse, on Nov 12 2020 - 01:57, said:

 

While I appreciate the attempt.... UGH

 

First, I need to point out that these "3 categories" are NOT the standards Wargaming judges whether a mod is illegal or not.

While they aren't really following it today, banning a couple of mods that don't actually break the rules, the original rule used to say a mod was illegal if it gave information that could not be gained through one's own knowledge or team communication, i.e. hidden/unknown information.  Paraphrasing...

 

They are basically now IGNORING that original standard (though it's still used in a basic way which is why they haven't banned XVM) and using the 3rd Category above which is saying nothing more than "if it's our FEELS or enough players FEEL it's bad, then it's bad, so we then ban it".

That is an utterly terrible standard.  This is exactly why you're confused...  Because YOU "feel" XVM should be banned, that it's "cheating" you think it then should be banned.

The original standard was an actual "measurable" standard that Mods could be fairly judged by...  For example, the Mod that showed a tanks "stock reload" over the tank was considered Legal because people can actually KNOW themselves what the basic reload of a tank is, as well as communicate with each other when a tank has shot, is reloading etc.  While true it was "very close" to being game-breaking, it really wasn't, it was just a "minor advantage" that is not "game-breaking".

 

1. XVM DOES fall under the First category as well as the Second Category...

It matches the first category for example by providing simple "information" things, like Player Panel tank Icons which are colored by class, or show the stock reload of a tank, etc.  This is "information customization".

It matches the second category for example by showing "Spotted Icons" next to the PP Tank Icons to let you know what's been spotted, who's spotted currently and if a tank hasn't been spotted yet.  This is "additional information" as you want to say, but it's not information that can't be known by being highly observant of your minimap, the battle, etc.  So, it's not "hidden" information.

 

2. I have to be frank...  Almost NOBODY "focuses on the best players".  This is a "myth".  Some think XVM helps Arty do this, but while that may occur a "little" Arty is SOOO massively bad now, almost nobody is waisting time with shooting the best players, they are shooting whoever is open to being shot!  And really, this applies to any tanker...  We shoot what's open to shoot, not chasing after good players.  Another thing your missing, is did it ever occur to you that XVM helps the BAD players stay away from the good players?

Further, let's say XVM people are focusing on the best players, doesn't that also occur with the tanks that are being played?  Don't people make decisions on what to do on what tanks are on the team and where they are likely going?  Why do we need to know that?  Why isn't that a "cheat"?  Cause it's in the game?

 

3. No...  They just got tired of the players who didn't want to be "stat shamed" or potentially "focused" because they are good, so they decided to finally address it.

It doesn't mean it's "real"... save the Stat Shaming is certainly real, as well, some nutballs would Yolo on good players thus ruining their game, so that's also true.

 

But let's get frank here...  Most of us aren't into XVM because of the "Stats" (though I do think the color schemes I use are enjoyable to look at).  Most of us are into XVM because of all the other features that frankly should be DEFAULT in the game, some of which HAVE been placed in the game, but for some reason Wargaming is STILL massively lazy to not put them in the game.

 

Me...  I use XVM for the Spotted/Unspotted indicators (though I use my own lightbulbs, I don't like XVM's or Aslains versions).

I used XVM for having Players Panel Tank Icons that are actually informative, color-coded etc...  (This is actually the most important mod that exists for me, and I suck without it, and yet it's just cosmetic and slightly informative.)

I use XVM for the "Default Zoom" setting, and used to use it for better Zoom In and Shift-to-Zoom before Wargaming added those, and to show you how stupid they are they didn't add a Default Zoom drop-down selector when they should have.

I like 3-4 Tank Carousel Rows, again showing how stupid Wargaming is only having two rows when they finally "improved" it.

I like the Zoom Out...  I don't like not being able to look around in a game.  This and better PP Icons, if these mods hadn't existed with XVM or similar mods, I wouldn't have continued playing WOT and spent likely $3,000-$5,000 on the game.

And many other "little" convenient things, clock in garage, return crew, and whatever... I can't remember cause I NEVER play Vanilla, can't stand it.  This games UI and features is like a webpage from the 1980's.... it's THAT BAD.

 

Anyway, I could care less about the "Stats" aspect of XVM, other than seeing my own progress and like I said, I like the colors.

 

As to your "conclusion"...  No, it doesn't provide any "negative advantage", no more than a Gaming Mouse, a 27 Inch Monitor, etc. etc. might provide an "advantage" over those who don't have those.

There is Advantage, and then there's Negative Advantage...  Learn the difference.

 

I would be more concerned with the lack of balancing the sides equally, aka the Match Maker.

- Tanks doing far too much damage, over 700

- 3 Arty

- Stun

- Crap performing tanks in speeds and gun performance, which then makes people cry about EBR's.

- Gold Rounds

... and so much more.

 

These are the ACTUAL problems of the game.

And I know how to fix them and more, see here: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/574293-wargaming-steamrolls-and-other-frustrations-can-be-reduced/

 

I'm mostly talking about the stat displaying portion of XVM, obviously; if it were banned, people would definitely create a mod to do the other functionalities. So some parts are "information customization," but the stat display is additional information.

 

So many people that I have talked to/played with that use XVM are often saying things like "watch out for X player" and the like, as well as random people saying such things in the chat.

 

The stat shaming can still happen; you can look at someone's stats after battle even if they are anonymised, so that makes no real sense.

 

Once again, obviously all of the quality of life improvements are completely fine, but the stats part is indeed something that should not be allowed.

 

As for your list about what else should be fixed, I agree that all of those are more important than this, lol. Especially gold ammo.



RickEdwards #15 Posted Nov 12 2020 - 05:46

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 31464 battles
  • 742
  • [SEGA] SEGA
  • Member since:
    07-10-2013

View Postn4cer67, on Nov 12 2020 - 02:11, said:

Lol, addition of anonymizer does not mean WG is calling XVM illegal. The anonymizer just allows players to troll their teammates without being called out. XVM gives no unfair advantage as having it installed doesn't give 100% victory over your opponents.

 

You do know what "advantage" means, right? Even if something gives someone a 1% higher chance of winning over someone else, that's still an advantage. It doesn't need to guarantee a win to be an advantage...



Nelyus #16 Posted Nov 12 2020 - 07:39

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 17424 battles
  • 89
  • [JMSQC] JMSQC
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014

WoT was really nice before XVM was added.

Then the game started to decay fast.

Seeing other players stats does screw up the game a lot, (just as much as dog tags)

But when XVM came in, it was only the precursor of all the cheats that came up afterwards.

 

Mods and cheats have been a big part of WoT since XVM was released.

I do think we need XVM banned and considered cheating.

But I think if WG really cared, they would have made it so WoT is cheats free.

Many many cheats are being used everyday by the top clans and they get away with it for years.

Maybe that should be looked into more importantly.


Edited by Nelyus, Nov 12 2020 - 07:57.


Nelyus #17 Posted Nov 12 2020 - 07:50

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 17424 battles
  • 89
  • [JMSQC] JMSQC
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014

The main problem about people using cheats and mods providing unfair advantage should be looked into differently;

 

Why are people cheating and using unfair advantage?

 

Because the game is all revolving around statistics and rewards greatly the "best statistics" while leaving the rest of the community in dirt.

On top of that, the top rewards does provide an unfair advantage... (hmmmm)

 

Simply enough;

-Who likes to see other get all the coolest stuff but get no good rewards for themselves?

-Who likes to look like a looser with their [edited]statistics instead of looking like a godlike tanker with over the top unicum statistics?

 

I think no matter the games, there will be people cheating to have unfair advantages over others.

Its just that WoT offers an environment that pushes people towards it. And rewards cheaters.



Suliemanis_Ghost #18 Posted Nov 12 2020 - 11:40

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 532 battles
  • 364
  • Member since:
    01-03-2020

View PostNelyus, on Nov 12 2020 - 07:50, said:

The main problem about people using cheats and mods providing unfair advantage should be looked into differently;

 

Why are people cheating and using unfair advantage?

 

Because the game is all revolving around statistics and rewards greatly the "best statistics" while leaving the rest of the community in dirt.

On top of that, the top rewards does provide an unfair advantage... (hmmmm)

 

Simply enough;

-Who likes to see other get all the coolest stuff but get no good rewards for themselves?

-Who likes to look like a looser with their [edited]statistics instead of looking like a godlike tanker with over the top unicum statistics?

 

I think no matter the games, there will be people cheating to have unfair advantages over others.

Its just that WoT offers an environment that pushes people towards it. And rewards cheaters.

 

Yup, mods and cheats are why you're bad. Has nothing to do with your inability to learn, figure out mechanics and try.

 

Why take personal responsibility? Just easier to blame others for your badness.



_Kradok_ #19 Posted Nov 12 2020 - 16:11

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 38200 battles
  • 4,613
  • [-LT-] -LT-
  • Member since:
    10-09-2014

View PostNelyus, on Nov 12 2020 - 01:39, said:

 

Many many cheats are being used everyday by the top clans and they get away with it for years.

 

 

Can you please offer actual proof of this claim, or are we just supposed to believe you because... uh... reasons?

 

I've ran with a lot of unicums, ran with a lot of unicums calling battles.... never once did I think they cheated.  I DID realize they have a knowledge and insight into the game I don't, and probably won't ever have.  I don't call them cheaters, though... But, I'm not a snowflake. 

 

There are other hobbies in my life I'm a lot better at than pixel tanks, and that's OK with me... it may not be for you.  But again, I'm not a snowflake.

 

Thanks.  Good talk.  Now, can you provide the proof, please?



n4cer67 #20 Posted Nov 13 2020 - 07:54

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 19733 battles
  • 2,318
  • [NAAP] NAAP
  • Member since:
    10-18-2010

View PostRickEdwards, on Nov 11 2020 - 22:46, said:

 

You do know what "advantage" means, right? Even if something gives someone a 1% higher chance of winning over someone else, that's still an advantage. It doesn't need to guarantee a win to be an advantage...

It gives 0% advantage. You're using it as a crutch to justify your bad games.







Also tagged with XVM, Mods

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users