server split rollback

NA SA Server PINg WG LAG

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: server split rollback (7 members have cast votes)

Makes sense WG should look into this for a better player experience across the continent

1. Did ya fgot to have your valium old timer?? No way in the world you make any sense (4 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

2. Yes, I like what you sayin' (3 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

IgnisFatuus #1 Posted Nov 13 2020 - 06:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 21524 battles
  • [-EV-] -EV-

Hi folks. I am al tank and ship player in WG platform. Been here since 2012 or 11 and have always played from BA Argentina. In the early days I played @160ms or so with time and the merges and splits an COVID and WG lack of interest in our entire continent my avg ping went up to @210 with massive spikes that completely throw me off. 
The SA server provides me with a nice 45 to 60ms ping wich is great, but the counterpart to it is the almost nonexistant player base(more noticeable during late hours) that leads to a terrible fun hindering queue times. 

So why would I want to have a rollback? well, I am an OK player and have always played in the north american servers mostly for communication(I dont speak portuguese at any level) and meta reasons(I prefer the NA style), anddd finally and more important than anything else:remember I said I play ships also? I am at about the same distance from the servers for both games and I play ships at about 100ms. SO if the WG division in charge of ships managed to have such a better ping for south american players without splitting the server population I think the Tanks NA divisoon should have a lengthy talk with their peers on how to provide the service in a more efficient fashion.

Just my 2 cents chaps, if they can why cant this other folks follow suite.

Edited by IgnisFatuus, Nov 13 2020 - 06:33.

bad_73 #2 Posted Nov 13 2020 - 07:06

Captain

• -Players-
  • 1576 battles
We just dont have enough players for more servers and the trend isnt going up.

IgnisFatuus #3 Posted Nov 14 2020 - 07:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 21524 battles
  • [-EV-] -EV-

View Postbad_73, on Nov 13 2020 - 03:06, said:

We just dont have enough players for more servers and the trend isnt going up.

well the idea also is to merge the players onto one server

Engineer777 #4 Posted Nov 14 2020 - 10:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24858 battles
  • [KEA] KEA
So you're saying you want only one server in Texas for the whole western hemisphere (Iceland can play EU) so there's enough people to fill the matchmaker? I guess that makes sense. I'm just not sure if that's what your suggesting. BTW I doubt they'd decide to put their server outside the US.

IgnisFatuus #5 Posted Nov 15 2020 - 07:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 21524 battles
  • [-EV-] -EV-

View PostEngineer777, on Nov 14 2020 - 06:50, said:

So you're saying you want only one server in Texas for the whole western hemisphere (Iceland can play EU) so there's enough people to fill the matchmaker? I guess that makes sense. I'm just not sure if that's what your suggesting. BTW I doubt they'd decide to put their server outside the US.

One server yes, outside of US they have done so already but it is not what I am asking for.

A single server so we have more people for MM and also they have to rework their connectivity and available computing power so ping is as low as possible(the WOWS example was about this, ping is considerably better even for furthest players). 

Also tagged with NA, SA, Server, PINg, WG, LAG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users