Jump to content


7 out of 8 games....3 arty...done for the day


  • Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Tiltuss #1 Posted Nov 21 2020 - 22:44

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 28686 battles
  • 69
  • [F-C] F-C
  • Member since:
    10-24-2014

Even the arty players I know do not like having 3 arty in a game.  Three arty games are absolutely horrible.  Win or lose...they are horrible.  WG knows this.  Every poll shows this.  They don't allow it in ranked and have dropped it down for from 5 and 6 arty games to a max 3 for a reason.  This is so easy to fix.  1/3 of games 2 arty   1/3 1 arty   1/3 0 arty.  Eliminate arty from the campaigns so people are not forced to play the class because they hate it and want to save orders for the truly tough missions.  Introduce 15 vs 15 arty to reduce any long wait times and let them click each other to their hearts content.   

 

You can keep the class in the game and not frustrate the vast majority of your player base at the same time.  It really can work

 

 



Crazy___Canuck #2 Posted Nov 21 2020 - 22:50

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 35096 battles
  • 767
  • [_TVS2] _TVS2
  • Member since:
    08-21-2015

The youngsters that didn't experience (or choose to forget) +5mm (I think it was?), and the potential for at least 5-7 arty per side, and that was before the arty nerfs...…:amazed:

 

Many of us have persevered...without melting.  You seem to be managing okay, or did you recently acquire that account?


Edited by Crazy___Canuck, Nov 21 2020 - 22:51.


rustyJunk #3 Posted Nov 21 2020 - 23:11

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 6037 battles
  • 1,200
  • [CAPAC] CAPAC
  • Member since:
    08-23-2020

View PostTiltuss, on Nov 21 2020 - 15:44, said:

Even the arty players I know do not like having 3 arty in a game.  Three arty games are absolutely horrible.  Win or lose...they are horrible.  WG knows this.  Every poll shows this.  They don't allow it in ranked and have dropped it down for from 5 and 6 arty games to a max 3 for a reason.  This is so easy to fix.  1/3 of games 2 arty   1/3 1 arty   1/3 0 arty.  Eliminate arty from the campaigns so people are not forced to play the class because they hate it and want to save orders for the truly tough missions.  Introduce 15 vs 15 arty to reduce any long wait times and let them click each other to their hearts content.   

 

You can keep the class in the game and not frustrate the vast majority of your player base at the same time.  It really can work

 

 

 

And they have options to let arty players do it without pestering regular tankers or long queues, but for some reason they choose to force arty on everyone.  I don't know the rationale for making the game worse instead of better, but it must be profitable.



Yuri_Doujinshi #4 Posted Nov 21 2020 - 23:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 24436 battles
  • 3,102
  • [TEACH] TEACH
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostCrazy___Canuck, on Nov 21 2020 - 21:50, said:

The youngsters that didn't experience (or choose to forget) +5mm (I think it was?), and the potential for at least 5-7 arty per side, and that was before the arty nerfs...…:amazed:

 

Many of us have persevered...without melting.  You seem to be managing okay, or did you recently acquire that account?

"It used to be worse" is not a valid counterargument. Arty today is better to play against than it ever was, but that doesn't change the fact that playing against 3 arty is still a terrible experience.



TickleMeArty #5 Posted Nov 21 2020 - 23:13

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 320 battles
  • 28
  • Member since:
    03-02-2020

:popcorn:

 

I hear from a very reliable source microsoft solitaire has arty free modes

 

 



Crazy___Canuck #6 Posted Nov 21 2020 - 23:19

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 35096 battles
  • 767
  • [_TVS2] _TVS2
  • Member since:
    08-21-2015

View PostYuri_Doujinshi, on Nov 21 2020 - 23:13, said:

"It used to be worse" is not a valid counterargument. Arty today is better to play against than it ever was, but that doesn't change the fact that playing against 3 arty is still a terrible experience.

Fair enough, but it was the hyperbole associated with the message delivery of.....I don't like it....that elicited my response. 

 

On that note, wheelies, invisi tds, and any tanks that shoot me is a terrible experience.  I'm done for the day.  :P



DrWho_ #7 Posted Nov 21 2020 - 23:20

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 35887 battles
  • 4,590
  • [B-S-B] B-S-B
  • Member since:
    07-29-2017

View PostCrazy___Canuck, on Nov 21 2020 - 23:19, said:

Fair enough, but it was the hyperbole associated with the message delivery of.....I don't like it....that elicited my response. 

 

On that note, wheelies, invisi tds, and any tanks that shoot me is a terrible experience.  I'm done for the day.  :P

 

You forgot bad MM and RNG rigged against you



Saffron_Blaze #8 Posted Nov 21 2020 - 23:30

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 41811 battles
  • 919
  • Member since:
    09-23-2017

View PostCrazy___Canuck, on Nov 21 2020 - 22:50, said:

 

 

 

  You seem to be managing okay, or did you recently acquire that account?

 

You should feel really proud asking that question.



Crazy___Canuck #9 Posted Nov 21 2020 - 23:33

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 35096 battles
  • 767
  • [_TVS2] _TVS2
  • Member since:
    08-21-2015

View PostSaffron_Blaze, on Nov 21 2020 - 23:30, said:

 

You should feel really proud asking that question.

Awe........I'm sorry.  Better?



_W_R_A_I_T_H_ #10 Posted Nov 21 2020 - 23:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 50538 battles
  • 3,055
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

View PostTiltuss, on Nov 21 2020 - 22:44, said:

Even the arty players I know do not like having 3 arty in a game.  Three arty games are absolutely horrible.  Win or lose...they are horrible.  WG knows this.  Every poll shows this.  They don't allow it in ranked and have dropped it down for from 5 and 6 arty games to a max 3 for a reason.  This is so easy to fix.  1/3 of games 2 arty   1/3 1 arty   1/3 0 arty.  Eliminate arty from the campaigns so people are not forced to play the class because they hate it and want to save orders for the truly tough missions.  Introduce 15 vs 15 arty to reduce any long wait times and let them click each other to their hearts content.   

 

You can keep the class in the game and not frustrate the vast majority of your player base at the same time.  It really can work

 

 

 

Try tier's 2-5.  I don't see much ARTY down there. 

 

I am hating the upcoming mission marathon on the 27th as I am going to have to move up to tier 6 and 7 and maybe a little tier 8 too with plenty of ARTY.  I wish marathons were down to tier 4.  It's not fair!



13Jake55 #11 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 00:04

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 25789 battles
  • 1,855
  • Member since:
    02-02-2017
Although I think 3 arty per side is too much and should be capped at two it is still playable. If you want to move in a straight line and ignore structures and hills and not pay attention to artys possible locations then you will get pummeled. Its not any different than those invisible TDs killing you. 

Pipinghot #12 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 00:18

    Major

  • Players
  • 25960 battles
  • 12,368
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    11-20-2011

View PostTiltuss, on Nov 21 2020 - 16:44, said:

...Introduce 15 vs 15 arty ... It really can work

The fact that you describe 15 vs 15 SPG's as something that "can work" demonstrates that you have no perspective. Go have your tantrum and then play later when you have your head straightened out.



Kharah_reppinNLD #13 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 00:41

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 12969 battles
  • 268
  • Member since:
    04-06-2019

View Post_W_R_A_I_T_H_, on Nov 22 2020 - 00:39, said:

 

Try tier's 2-5.  I don't see much ARTY down there. 

 

I am hating the upcoming mission marathon on the 27th as I am going to have to move up to tier 6 and 7 and maybe a little tier 8 too with plenty of ARTY.  I wish marathons were down to tier 4.  It's not fair!

 

It's pretty fair actually. Playing tier 6, 7 and 8 is child's play so there's nothing to complain about. Tier 4 players don't deserve a free tier 8.



Tiltuss #14 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 00:42

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 28686 battles
  • 69
  • [F-C] F-C
  • Member since:
    10-24-2014

I have no problem with EBRs and "Invisible tanks".  At least they have to see me to shoot me and cant just go hide in the corner and click their mouse.  I can change tactics and deal with them.  Far to often I have no other play other than to sit back and crushed by 3 arties focusing me down.  I am not even that good at this game so it has to be extremely frustrating to great players.  3 arty games are the worst experience in WOT.  It has driven away friends and family from this game.  I know a ton of people that just stop playing after 3 arty games that simply would rather have fun with another game.    I would like to make this game more enjoyable for everyone.  If its a "tantrum" to try to make the game better for everyone than I am guilty!  

 

15 vs 15 of any class....can work.   And I would be absolutely fine with WG adopting it.  Could be fun in a bunch of scenarios.  If arty big complaint is to long of wait times with a two arty max... then that is a solution.  

 

I would also gladly wait longer to be able to play a more enjoyable game.  Let me select an arty free game mode and wait longer and I will gladly take it.

 

What are all you arty players afraid of... if they allowed us to select a game mode without you??  I can tell you what......  You would be playing without the vast majority of the player base.  

 

 



Suliemanis_Ghost #15 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 01:07

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 532 battles
  • 364
  • Member since:
    01-03-2020

View Post_W_R_A_I_T_H_, on Nov 21 2020 - 23:39, said:

 

Try tier's 2-5.  I don't see much ARTY down there. 

 

I am hating the upcoming mission marathon on the 27th as I am going to have to move up to tier 6 and 7 and maybe a little tier 8 too with plenty of ARTY.  I wish marathons were down to tier 4.  It's not fair!

 

Yea you're going to have to club extra hard during the marathon as you're trash in anything above 5.



Saffron_Blaze #16 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 01:41

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 41811 battles
  • 919
  • Member since:
    09-23-2017

View PostCrazy___Canuck, on Nov 21 2020 - 23:33, said:

I'm sorry. 

 

Typical Canadian.



moon111 #17 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 01:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 33925 battles
  • 2,564
  • Member since:
    06-29-2013

It's not the 'arty' who's making things happen, it's their team-mates in front of them.

 

Doesn't matter the tier.  You will see good teams/players make the enemy come to them where THEIR support hits, TD's included.

You'll also watch your bad teams round the corner... and they're all of a sudden getting hit not just be enemy tanks, but their

TD's and SPG's as well.

 

Some of this is so simple, it's ridiculous.  But it's so common place that the whole 'anti-arty' movement doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Understand, playing arty will lower your stats because as stated, your game is going to be as good at the teammates in front of you,

but at least you learn what frustrates SPG's and use that to your own advantage.

 



Crazy___Canuck #18 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 01:51

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 35096 battles
  • 767
  • [_TVS2] _TVS2
  • Member since:
    08-21-2015

View PostSaffron_Blaze, on Nov 22 2020 - 01:41, said:

 

Typical Canadian.

Thank you.............are you a typical American?  



Projectile_Misfired #19 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 02:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 38890 battles
  • 3,964
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostTiltuss, on Nov 21 2020 - 23:42, said:

I have no problem with EBRs and "Invisible tanks".  At least they have to see me to shoot me and cant just go hide in the corner and click their mouse.  I can change tactics and deal with them.  Far to often I have no other play other than to sit back and crushed by 3 arties focusing me down.  I am not even that good at this game so it has to be extremely frustrating to great players.  3 arty games are the worst experience in WOT.  It has driven away friends and family from this game.  I know a ton of people that just stop playing after 3 arty games that simply would rather have fun with another game.    I would like to make this game more enjoyable for everyone.  If its a "tantrum" to try to make the game better for everyone than I am guilty!  

15 vs 15 of any class....can work.   And I would be absolutely fine with WG adopting it.  Could be fun in a bunch of scenarios.  If arty big complaint is to long of wait times with a two arty max... then that is a solution.  

I would also gladly wait longer to be able to play a more enjoyable game.  Let me select an arty free game mode and wait longer and I will gladly take it.

What are all you arty players afraid of... if they allowed us to select a game mode without you??  I can tell you what......  You would be playing without the vast majority of the player base.  

But, the problem is you're NOT trying to make the game better for everyone. You're trying to make the game better for YOURSELF.....because you somehow have still not figured out how to play against arty.



Saydzhi #20 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 02:53

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 1526 battles
  • 759
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE
  • Member since:
    06-25-2016

I would agree as a LT player, though I haven't played much with WV introduction and working on campaigns, that 3 arty focusing a player is absurd. I enjoy the assist dmg I can get, but there is no way how a player is smacked around can it be fun. The worst is at tier 6 when you have any combo of 3 arty that are all M44s and leFHs. 

 

I'm in favor of a limit of 1 arty per game.  This way they are still there, but the ability to just focus a play is removed. 


Edited by Saydzhi, Nov 22 2020 - 02:55.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users