Wargaming: Want more money? --> Ideas (not trolling)

Premium Shop Improvement Suggestion Game Enhancement Revenue Generation

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

vandeflueger #1 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 00:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6333 battles
  • [SKULH] SKULH

1) Subscription of $10/$15/$20 monthly to block each additional map (past 2 with account / premium account)

2) Subscription of $25/$50/$75 to play only same tier games. (NOT -2 OR +2, -1 OR +1. SAME TIER.)

3) Bring back MORE of the Premium Shop packages with vehicle specific x5 xp for victory (Like you had in the daily deals). I personally love purchasing those. 

4) Maybe offer "blank slate" x5 xp packages in the Premium Shop (vehicle *specific*) where the player can select / lock in what vehicle they are only good for. OBJ 261/T110E3/TVP...whatever the player choses. 

5) "Improved" / "Bounty" type consumables in the Premium Shop - Premium Food that gives +15% crew perks for example. 

6) More Black Market iterations per year. 

7) More Christmas Loot Boxes type events or the Daily Deals type events. 

I would be open to further communications. Wargaming is welcome to check my purchase history and verify that even though there are some free players, there are also those who have spent in the five digit range.  Not hating against free players, just an observation. Ferrari/Lamborghini/Pagani/McLaren doesn't put value in criticism from someone driving a Ford Focus. Free to play - your opinion is valid, absolutely; just not relevant in a topic discussing what paying players will purchase. 

***Disclaimer** I prefer arty. I prefer tier 10. I am a veteran. I spend lots of money on this game. Your tears or insults only fuel me, and I whole-heartedly appreciate them. 

_AveSatanas_ #2 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 00:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 511 battles
Big no for 5 and 7, the biggest no possible for 1 and 2.

MoDeM_FoX #3 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 01:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 9388 battles
  • [SKULH] SKULH
You forgot tank skins...  I'd like to be able to buy gold and mirror finish skins for my favorite tanks!    Oh and crew books for gold that do more that 20k per crew member.  I have some crews that need to be better.

NateRocko #4 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 01:05

Captain

• -Players-
  • 1843 battles
  • [KTSHA] KTSHA
Imagine wanting to monetize a game even further that's already been monetized in almost every way possible.

moon111 #5 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 01:15

Major

• Players
  • 33965 battles

Wonder if OP remembers when +2/-2 was an improvement from the past.  

Have to remember, this game has (outside of low-tier SA server) no bots in it.

It's success of the mechanics of the game....players who play for free, they ARE the main content.

If you push this game too far into the pay-to-win spectrum, players leave.  

The only thing Wargaming could do then, is introduce bots at all tiers.

Perhaps that wouldn't be a bad idea, as a lot of the bots are better players.

PumpkinHead286 #6 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 01:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2084 battles
  • [SHEEN] SHEEN

View Postvandeflueger, on Nov 22 2020 - 00:51, said:

1) Subscription of $10/$15/$20 monthly to block each additional map (past 2 with account / premium account)

2) Subscription of $25/$50/$75 to play only same tier games. (NOT -2 OR +2, -1 OR +1. SAME TIER.)

3) Bring back MORE of the Premium Shop packages with vehicle specific x5 xp for victory (Like you had in the daily deals). I personally love purchasing those. 

4) Maybe offer "blank slate" x5 xp packages in the Premium Shop (vehicle *specific*) where the player can select / lock in what vehicle they are only good for. OBJ 261/T110E3/TVP...whatever the player choses. 

5) "Improved" / "Bounty" type consumables in the Premium Shop - Premium Food that gives +15% crew perks for example. 

6) More Black Market iterations per year. 

7) More Christmas Loot Boxes type events or the Daily Deals type events. 

I would be open to further communications. Wargaming is welcome to check my purchase history and verify that even though there are some free players, there are also those who have spent in the five digit range.  Not hating against free players, just an observation. Ferrari/Lamborghini/Pagani/McLaren doesn't put value in criticism from someone driving a Ford Focus. Free to play - your opinion is valid, absolutely; just not relevant in a topic discussing what paying players will purchase. 

***Disclaimer** I prefer arty. I prefer tier 10. I am a veteran. I spend lots of money on this game. Your tears or insults only fuel me, and I whole-heartedly appreciate them. 

A big no for 7 the loot boxes they had for the wt event where a disgrace . The Keep the christams boxes and call it a day .

vandeflueger #7 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 01:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6333 battles
  • [SKULH] SKULH

View Post_AveSatanas_, on Nov 22 2020 - 00:59, said:

Big no for 5 and 7, the biggest no possible for 1 and 2.

Awe Ave why not? Considering you have 500 games and 1/2 of your tanks are premiums.

I did forget tank skins, of course add them for those that want. 
If you think this game is highly monetized I would like to introduce you to EvE or WoW. Just for funsies. 
*OP has only played 6 months, don't remember the good old days. I would just like to see more variety. 

Casual_Boops #8 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 01:37

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 39015 battles
  • [REL2] REL2
I appreciate you trying to give legitimate, non-sarcastic advice and feedback. That said, I don't think WG is going to sell things that would mess with the match maker like that, because they seem to really be interested in keeping queue times low(ish).

heavymetal1967 #9 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 03:15

Major

• Players
  • 79260 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
One and two would give MM an aneurysm - at least on NA due to our population.  And folks would suffer from the queue times and related issues.

Korvick #10 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 03:18

Captain

• Players
  • 4303 battles

View Postmoon111, on Nov 22 2020 - 00:15, said:

It's success of the mechanics of the game....players who play for free, they ARE the main content.

Its not so much the pay to win aspect, but the pay to PLAY.

If the game goes to Subscription, I reckon you will lose over 2/3rd, if not more, of the playerbase.  And once that happens, you will get longer queues, which will piss off and drop off more of the players, and so on.  Bots wont solve the problem because, while they might work on the lower tiers, it gets significantly more complex at the higher.

BillDing1 #11 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 04:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8893 battles
  • [SUZY] SUZY
can I pay to never get top tier in tier 6? :)

_AveSatanas_ #12 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 04:43

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 511 battles

View Postvandeflueger, on Nov 22 2020 - 01:33, said:

Awe Ave why not? Considering you have 500 games and 1/2 of your tanks are premiums.

I did forget tank skins, of course add them for those that want. 
If you think this game is highly monetized I would like to introduce you to EvE or WoW. Just for funsies. 
*OP has only played 6 months, don't remember the good old days. I would just like to see more variety. 

Can you seriously not spot a reroll account? Been playing since early 2012. The game doesn't need to be more monetised than it already is, just a lot of bad ideas on your end.

MrMooFlarby01 #13 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 05:19

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9245 battles

View Postvandeflueger, on Nov 21 2020 - 18:51, said:

That was cringe.

Anyway suggestion 2) will hurt MM. And 5) is not ok. You may not have been around then but premium ammo used to be available only for gold and it was a mess giving an advantage to those who were willing to pay. A game like WoT NEEDS new players especially on the NA server and "pay-to-win" kind of stuff like that doesn't help.

3), 4), and 7) are basically just asking for more money grabbing although I don't see much of a problem with it for those who want it as it won't negatively impact the game imo. WoWS has lootboxes all the time.

As for 1), $10 a month seems pretty steep just to block 1 more map, but I would be willing to pay at least some money to block maps. Like at least 5 maps are just arty-infested campfests and I hate being able to only block 2 of them at once.

Edited by MrMooFlarby01, Nov 22 2020 - 05:20.

aorticmojo #14 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 05:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35043 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS
Or....  or....  they could fix the problem of after X hundred battles in a tank my crew magically forgets how to operate that tank when they move up a tier.      

Brynar #15 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 13:55

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15680 battles
  • [XFBI] XFBI
Nah, they should add tier 11 & 12 with only bots so all the tier X players can see how it feels.

Fractured_Raptor #16 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 16:35

Captain

• -Players-
  • 31540 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER
I've said for years that I'd pay for good skins. There's a couple of the unicum ones I'd kill to have, like the silver and black swirl design. Honestly I don't know how this has flown under the radar. Any game with monetization and skins in game has done it. WarGaming, for whatever reason, hasn't even attempted it. 

Reppic27 #17 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 16:44

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20383 battles
  • [HACK1] HACK1

View Postvandeflueger, on Nov 21 2020 - 18:51, said:

Ok, not sure if you are aware but regularly (maybe not very often anymore) we see a thread on these forums about players complaining about P2W, usually these claims are too far removed from the truth or misguided.  Your proposed #2 would actually be finally a real account/situation of a P2W scenario in World of Tanks. 

Imagine me tooned with 2 other guys in 3 Defenders with same tier MM each time. We would sky-rocket our WR , or better yet imagine an optimized 3-man Tier 8 platoon with tank variety, or Tier 7, 6, etc. You would basically be handing more wins to those platoons that otherwise they shouldn't be winning. 

We can add a variety of examples here utilizing different tank / tiers / combinations, in short, this alone would reward 3 man unicum platoons and punish 3 man "baddie" toons all who pay for this subscription. 

#5 is another example of pay to win, by paying, you have a significant advantage over your peers. Ignore whether it's fair against a person morally, just focus on the game itself, it would provide a huge imbalance to the teams because it's like the MM would throw subs with subs each time. 

As mentioned previously by someone else, I also appreciate your trying to come in with ideas, just #2 and #5 would be a disaster.

Saydzhi #18 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 16:46

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1560 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE

View Postmoon111, on Nov 22 2020 - 01:15, said:

3/5/7 priority was annoying....

Or +3 MM for LTs (side note I miss the 10 round autoloader on the Bulldog).

Console's +4 MM for the AMX Chaffee (former console player).

Or +5 MM for LTs that was before my time that I heard of. 

Michael_200061 #19 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 17:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27388 battles
  • [DRK] DRK
Another tier 6 prem LT besides type 64 would be nice.
(Both the A46 and Sup Chaffe seems...bad or meh, )
More tier 6 prem, anything will satisfy me.

Premium status for tech tree by paying equivalent gold to same tier real premium tanks. Ie. 3500 gold ish for a tier 6. I love playing my jumbo would not mind spending money to turn it into a premium, besides its not in tech tree anymore.

_Tsavo_ #20 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 17:47

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 49083 battles
1, 2, and 5, absolutely not

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users