Wargaming: Want more money? --> Ideas (not trolling)

Premium Shop Improvement Suggestion Game Enhancement Revenue Generation

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

vandeflueger #21 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 17:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6333 battles
  • [SKULH] SKULH

View Post_AveSatanas_, on Nov 22 2020 - 04:43, said:

Can you seriously not spot a reroll account? Been playing since early 2012. The game doesn't need to be more monetised than it already is, just a lot of bad ideas on your end.

It was not failure to spot, it was failure to be that blunt about it as you can play your game as you see fit. Maybe you were toxic and can't get into a good clan with your attitude. Maybe your stats weren't the best and want to improve. Your decision to reroll was yours and yours alone and most don't care why you did. The distribution of your highest WN8s in relation to premium tanks / tiers correlated with absence of tiers 1-3 and only 4 games in a tier 4 makes it fairly obvious. There are also correlations done between expected results, damage dealt / received, penetrations percent, win rate, destroyed per battle, average damage, number of battles on your account and on that particular vehicle, kills/deaths ratio, and average xp per battle. It spits out a number of percentage chance of reroll based off of all of the aforementioned stats and to let you in - your account shows 97.625% chance of reroll (of course certainty is just an estimated probability and my formula will never be 100% accurate). I was just trying to be a little more polite and diplomatic in my response. 

Back on topic - it is good to hear from more experienced WoT players than me on what ideas could work, and what ideas would be bad for the game. Hell maybe there are some here that would pay $50 a month to play no arty games based on the depth and breadth of the whining in chat. It is a balancing act regarding revenue generation and player perception, even at times giving misinformation to the players regarding company policies. (Hint: You should be able to think of at least three companies). It is clear we all enjoy this game to some degree or else we would not be here, and anything that gets the players from a variety of schools of thought into a discussion could spark innovation. 

GeneralButtBuster #22 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 17:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2444 battles
  • [P-W] P-W

View Post_AveSatanas_, on Nov 22 2020 - 00:59, said:

Big no for 5 and 7, the biggest no possible for 1 and 2.

rustyJunk #23 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 18:10

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6159 battles
  • [CAPAC] CAPAC

OP, don't get discouraged by the negative reviews, there are a lot of stat-farmers that are terrified of fair matches, even as a "for pay" option.

Personally I don't see much wrong in your ideas even though the prices are a bit steep and I'm not sure I would buy any of them.  On the other hand I would pay real money to never again see another red or orange WN8 player and to be able to play any tier in SA 24 hours a day (with full understanding that stats for matches with bots should be removed from the publicly disclosed values sent to sites like wotlabs.net, but still be visible in your local client).

vandeflueger #24 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 18:13

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6333 battles
  • [SKULH] SKULH

Two players said:

Big no for 5 and 7, the biggest no possible for 1 and 2.

Yup, exactly the precise rebuttal and commentary I expected. In most discussions examples are expected. Plans aren't clear enough, not enough information, poor understanding of situation and needs, company management disconnect from player base...you know...comprehensive thought, not just "I say no and I'm better than you so my opinion counts more." Apologies if I was hoping for a little more of a response if that's all you can muster but there have been players giving real reasons why they think the ideas won't work and their input is much appreciated. 

_AveSatanas_ #25 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 18:33

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 511 battles

View Postvandeflueger, on Nov 22 2020 - 17:49, said:

It was not failure to spot, it was failure to be that blunt about it as you can play your game as you see fit. Maybe you were toxic and can't get into a good clan with your attitude. Maybe your stats weren't the best and want to improve. Your decision to reroll was yours and yours alone and most don't care why you did. The distribution of your highest WN8s in relation to premium tanks / tiers correlated with absence of tiers 1-3 and only 4 games in a tier 4 makes it fairly obvious. There are also correlations done between expected results, damage dealt / received, penetrations percent, win rate, destroyed per battle, average damage, number of battles on your account and on that particular vehicle, kills/deaths ratio, and average xp per battle. It spits out a number of percentage chance of reroll based off of all of the aforementioned stats and to let you in - your account shows 97.625% chance of reroll (of course certainty is just an estimated probability and my formula will never be 100% accurate). I was just trying to be a little more polite and diplomatic in my response. 

Back on topic - it is good to hear from more experienced WoT players than me on what ideas could work, and what ideas would be bad for the game. Hell maybe there are some here that would pay $50 a month to play no arty games based on the depth and breadth of the whining in chat. It is a balancing act regarding revenue generation and player perception, even at times giving misinformation to the players regarding company policies. (Hint: You should be able to think of at least three companies). It is clear we all enjoy this game to some degree or else we would not be here, and anything that gets the players from a variety of schools of thought into a discussion could spark innovation. 

lmboI play on this account less than my main

_Tsavo_ #26 Posted Nov 23 2020 - 02:07

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 49083 battles

View Postvandeflueger, on Nov 22 2020 - 12:13, said:

Yup, exactly the precise rebuttal and commentary I expected. In most discussions examples are expected. Plans aren't clear enough, not enough information, poor understanding of situation and needs, company management disconnect from player base...you know...comprehensive thought, not just "I say no and I'm better than you so my opinion counts more." Apologies if I was hoping for a little more of a response if that's all you can muster but there have been players giving real reasons why they think the ideas won't work and their input is much appreciated. 

You presented some ideas that aren't really worth debating beyond "lol, no" not every idea presented merits discussion, some merit dismissal

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users