Jump to content


How many arty should be in a battle

Arty HE MM

  • Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Poll: How many arty should be in a battle (78 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

How Many Arty Should be in a optimal Battle per team

  1. 1 (33 votes [42.31%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 42.31%

  2. 2 (22 votes [28.21%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 28.21%

  3. 3 (9 votes [11.54%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 11.54%

  4. 4 (14 votes [17.95%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 17.95%

Vote Hide poll

_Katyusha___ #21 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 03:33

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 21303 battles
  • 1,892
  • [KTSHA] KTSHA
  • Member since:
    09-17-2016
Max 2 arties. Limiting to 1 would be problematic, and 3 had proven to be a bad choice. Arty may be annoying, but it need just little tweaks, EXCEPT 2 cases that are widely known: NERF M44 and LEFH and arty hate will be reduced by half at least.

_Brew_ #22 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 03:53

    Major

  • Players
  • 28781 battles
  • 4,213
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012
Your poll is broken.  There is no option for "0".

Wildest_Coyote #23 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 04:07

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 13228 battles
  • 185
  • [-BTU-] -BTU-
  • Member since:
    06-19-2015

DUDE! I've been legit looking for a poll like this. 3 arty has absolutely no pros and a host of cons. 

 

 

My sig shows my opinion. 

 

We know arty is not going away, so the calls to remove it are just as useful as voting third party in an election...

Instead, lets all request the totally doable option of limiting the numbers in battle.



Wildest_Coyote #24 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 04:11

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 13228 battles
  • 185
  • [-BTU-] -BTU-
  • Member since:
    06-19-2015

View Post_Katyusha___, on Nov 21 2020 - 20:33, said:

Max 2 arties. Limiting to 1 would be problematic, and 3 had proven to be a bad choice.
Exactly
 
Arty may be annoying, but it need just little tweaks, EXCEPT 2 cases that are widely known: NERF M44 and LEFH and arty hate will be reduced by half at least.
LEFH will never be nerfed. And honestly, arty are a scourge in all tiers. But limiting their numbers would change them from a senseless stun barrage on both sides to a useful tool. 

 



BillDing1 #25 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 04:14

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 9170 battles
  • 672
  • [SUZY] SUZY
  • Member since:
    03-01-2014
get rid of them randomly killing my tracks/crew and I wouldn't really care about them. getting shot by 1 arty healing a dude then a second 1 killing another is so lame.

Panzer__Monkey #26 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 04:44

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 14399 battles
  • 354
  • [RVN-G] RVN-G
  • Member since:
    09-26-2015
It has been said before..... there is one matchmaker for the entire game..... and the RU server (which is by far the biggest) has like 10%+ players who solely play SPGs and a high percent of players who play SPGs at all. They are not going to reduce the arty below three and piss of their biggest player base just to make NA happy.

Korvick #27 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 04:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 4622 battles
  • 2,221
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013

View PostPanzer__Monkey, on Nov 22 2020 - 03:44, said:

It has been said before..... there is one matchmaker for the entire game..... and the RU server (which is by far the biggest) has like 10%+ players who solely play SPGs and a high percent of players who play SPGs at all. They are not going to reduce the arty below three and piss of their biggest player base just to make NA happy.

 

Didn't even think of this.  Good point.



killerman1997 #28 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 04:53

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 34969 battles
  • 144
  • [GURUS] GURUS
  • Member since:
    07-21-2012

View PostKorvick, on Nov 21 2020 - 20:54, said:

 

Well, I think our definition of balanced might be different from what WG wants :P

 

In their perfect world, all classes are equal.  Wheelies are just another light tank.  There is no Russian bias.  German tanks are balanced.  etc.

 

There is no perfect world, as we are human and cant be perfect, There is bias and there are things that can not be perfectly balanced, the best we can do is try to make it as fair as possible.



Korvick #29 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 04:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 4622 battles
  • 2,221
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013

View Postkillerman1997, on Nov 22 2020 - 03:53, said:

There is no perfect world, as we are human and cant be perfect, There is bias and there are things that can not be perfectly balanced, the best we can do is try to make it as fair as possible.

 

That was kind of the point I was making.



killerman1997 #30 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 04:57

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 34969 battles
  • 144
  • [GURUS] GURUS
  • Member since:
    07-21-2012

View PostPanzer__Monkey, on Nov 21 2020 - 22:44, said:

It has been said before..... there is one matchmaker for the entire game..... and the RU server (which is by far the biggest) has like 10%+ players who solely play SPGs and a high percent of players who play SPGs at all. They are not going to reduce the arty below three and piss of their biggest player base just to make NA happy.

 

Not all servers have the same MM, Asia servers have (If i remember correctly still have this) tested it

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/asia-server-matchmaking-test-bots/

They have more 2 tier MM

 

And as for the Largest player base is arty, since when is 10% the largest percent, by numbers it would have to be over 20% if you try to say by class

When you look at large sample sizes(Tomato.gg) of what tanks people own/play it is the historical tanks ie Tiger, Tiger 2, T-34, IS and IS-3



SynfulSun #31 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 05:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 15020 battles
  • 3,334
  • Member since:
    05-04-2012
Personally I would say 0 but since it's unrealistic of me to expect arty to be removed, I would say 2 per team, it would make focusing more of a tactical decision as they wouldn't get as much leeway as they currently do for 1 of them focusing the wrong tank.

Korvick #32 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 05:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 4622 battles
  • 2,221
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013

View Postkillerman1997, on Nov 22 2020 - 03:57, said:

 

Not all servers have the same MM, Asia servers have (If i remember correctly still have this) tested it

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/asia-server-matchmaking-test-bots/

They have more 2 tier MM

 

And as for the Largest player base is arty, since when is 10% the largest percent, by numbers it would have to be over 20% if you try to say by class

When you look at large sample sizes(Tomato.gg) of what tanks people own/play it is the historical tanks ie Tiger, Tiger 2, T-34, IS and IS-3

 

We in ASIA have exactly the same MM as everybody else.  They tested a MM which had a +1/-1 tier spread instead of +2/-2 and that resulted in games that would take minutes to pop.  Which made everybody unhappy.  This lasted less than a month before they blew it off.  That's what this article was about.



killerman1997 #33 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 05:04

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 34969 battles
  • 144
  • [GURUS] GURUS
  • Member since:
    07-21-2012

View PostKorvick, on Nov 21 2020 - 23:02, said:

 

We in ASIA have exactly the same MM as everybody else.  They tested a MM which had a +1/-1 tier spread instead of +2/-2 and that resulted in games that would take minutes to pop.  Which made everybody unhappy.  This lasted less than a month before they blew it off.  That's what this article was about.

Thank you for updating my knowledge, i couldn't find anything on it recently



Korvick #34 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 05:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 4622 battles
  • 2,221
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013

View Postkillerman1997, on Nov 22 2020 - 04:04, said:

Thank you for updating my knowledge, i couldn't find anything on it recently

 

LOL yeah, they really swept this one under the rug.  I only remember it because it was one of the few times in the last 3 years that I was playing.  Hardly played at all for a couple of years until late 2019, but been pretty heavily back into tanks since then.



Cricketer #35 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 05:25

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 19631 battles
  • 606
  • [MARV] MARV
  • Member since:
    04-24-2012
WG Devs have said that a limit of 2 arty would mean there are 2 arty in virtually every game instead of 0 to 3 arty. I for one like variety even if it means the occasional early return to the garage.

tod914 #36 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 06:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 70139 battles
  • 8,828
  • [CLASS] CLASS
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013
Spoiler


9999bc #37 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 06:38

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 42394 battles
  • 771
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014
Unlimited, or as much as MM can handle. If number of arty in the cue stay the same, you encounter less games with arty. It should make some people happy.

Ironclad73 #38 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 07:56

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 26106 battles
  • 3,872
  • [DHO6] DHO6
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014
I'm OK with two arties in a game still can be fun, prefer 1 though.  3 is too many, makes some maps unplayable. 

skytale #39 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 08:12

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 18380 battles
  • 313
  • Member since:
    10-29-2014

3 IS the compromise. Down from unlimited long ago, down from 5 a while back. Each reduction in number just encouraged the arty haters to cry harder and become more and more creative with their "solutions". The latest I've heard is "the maps are too small". Really? I don't remember anyone saying the maps were too small for 5 arty per team.

 

Reduce arty to 2 per team and it won't be a week before we hear the first complaint "they both shot at me, I was focused! ".

 

Reducing arty to 1 per team makes arty all but irrelevant. It could be pretty much ignored and so would be effectively removed from the game while not technically removed from the game.



dominator_OwO #40 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 08:42

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 26260 battles
  • 3,960
  • [DEVON] DEVON
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014
I have two tier 10 SPGs in the garage, and if they removed all arty with 0 compensation I'd reinstall the game tomorrow. I think that says enough about how many I think should be in a match.





Also tagged with Arty, HE, MM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users