RHM Borsig

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Bill_Nye_the_RussianSpy #1 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 16:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 29393 battles
I rage sold this thing in 2016 while not knowing a clue about the game still thus explains why I have a few hundred games in it with a whopping 39% win rate.  So I decided to buy it back and I put the rotation mechanism for the main slot so it doesn't traverse like a slug (it really helps) i also added a camo net and I think binos and I have a 6 skill crew bringing my camo stationery up to 60% and over 460 for my view range. I will say I'm enjoying it but it seems like I'm still getting spotted from across the map while not moving or even firing, I fire behind the bushes when I can. Does anyone else still enjoy it? I love playing the Skorpion so I figured they play similar.  I had almost a 5k damage game earlier and 1500 assist and it still was only a 1st class so I'd imagine people do well in it. Are there any pointers I maybe missing? Just trying to ace it now and im close to the 2nd MOE. 

Cupujoe #2 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 16:26

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11 battles
I watched TruVooDoo stream in one last night but forgot to check out his equipment setup.
He did use the small gun (128mm ?), which I did when I had it too.

I remember that even though it was one of my favorite tanks to play I had a terrible wr in it.

Reppic27 #3 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 16:30

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20383 battles
  • [HACK1] HACK1

It's next on my list for 3 marking. So I'm excited to try it.

Been jumping on the test server to "practice" so that once I do get it I can't get a jump start on the marks by eliminating those games one would need to get a feel for the vehicle. 

As for getting spotted, if you are completely behind a bush (correctly) the only explanation of being spotted, if you haven't fired, is a light tank using the Commander's vision system. 

To maximize your abilities to ACE the tank you need to spot what you shoot. So mount Binocs , stay in a bush, spot, then pull back and use double bush mechanic(s) to shoot your enemy. Mount the 128mm, you want to be able to maximize your DPM as much as possible. 

Bill_Nye_the_RussianSpy #4 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 18:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 29393 battles
Thanks! And yes I am using the 128mm and someday its dead on and some days it derps the shots but thats any gun in the game. I didn't even think about that commanders vision system for scouts im still trying to get use to the new equipment . 

bake3020 #5 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 18:40

Captain

• Players
  • 134 battles

View PostBill_Nye_the_RussianSpy, on Nov 22 2020 - 17:26, said:

Thanks! And yes I am using the 128mm and someday its dead on and some days it derps the shots but thats any gun in the game. I didn't even think about that commanders vision system for scouts im still trying to get use to the new equipment . 

that gun is very reminiscent of the 8.8 on the 3601, at least to me anyway.

coconut2011 #6 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 19:21

Major

• Players
  • 74306 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

Rhm was a good tank.  Interestingly enough, it was my lowest w/r tier 8 TD.  That said, I never felt it was a bad tank.  It was probably more of a bad luck tank.  It in fact is my 2nd highest average damage dealing TD at tier 8.  The last time I played it though, was at least 3+ years ago.  I will pick it up again when the line is on-track.

As for CVS, it mainly works against tanks with low concealment ( < 15% ) at medium distances.  If you have full set of camo skills, BIA and a 2D style, that would be 45% concealment easily.  You will not be spotted that easily.

My suggestion is to drop the camo net.  Use IRM + Rammer + Binocs.  If you can afford food (i.e. making lots of credits with it), consider dropping Binocs and use Optics + food.  This is basically my Skorpion G setup, then again Skorpion G is a lot more mobile.

Given how slow Rhm is though, it might be worthwhile to replace Rammer with TC.

Bill_Nye_the_RussianSpy #7 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 19:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 29393 battles

View Postcoconut2011, on Nov 22 2020 - 11:21, said:

Rhm was a good tank.  Interestingly enough, it was my lowest w/r tier 8 TD.  That said, I never felt it was a bad tank.  It was probably more of a bad luck tank.  It in fact is my 2nd highest average damage dealing TD at tier 8.  The last time I played it though, was at least 3+ years ago.  I will pick it up again when the line is on-track.

As for CVS, it mainly works against tanks with low concealment ( < 15% ) at medium distances.  If you have full set of camo skills, BIA and a 2D style, that would be 45% concealment easily.  You will not be spotted that easily.

My suggestion is to drop the camo net.  Use IRM + Rammer + Binocs.  If you can afford food (i.e. making lots of credits with it), consider dropping Binocs and use Optics + food.  This is basically my Skorpion G setup, then again Skorpion G is a lot more mobile.

Given how slow Rhm is though, it might be worthwhile to replace Rammer with TC.

Rigt on, I may play around with it, I have bia all at 100% thats my 2nd skill im up to 6  almost 7. I just rechecked and with binos its at 480 so I may try the optics and food. I really enjoyed the Skorpion its one of my most played tanks and the mobility is nice. That rotation mechanism does help I think, it doesn't feels so sluggish traversing and all. It does suck once your spotted arty tends to ruin your game. Thanks for the tips! 

ChaseR392 #8 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 21:15

Captain

• -Players-
  • 12917 battles

I was inspired by this post to blow the dust of my RHM and give it another try....

I didn't do that bad in it the first time around.... I just found it tedious to play, and IMO.... inferior to the Skorp in every category other than camo rating. My impressions were the first time around was that the 128mm had a tendency to be frustratingly derpy... and the tank was so slow you either got into good positions late (missing early damage opportunities) or you got nuked when you got spotted.

I went another route.... I tossed on the 150mm gun (which I've never used), with a reasonable supply of HEAT for higher tiers, rammer, binocs and a turbo. 

It's a completely different tank.... and an absolute riot to play. 

Maybe not the best setup if you are trying to ace or get marks... but loads of fun if you already have a Skorp and want something "different"....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users