260 LT Missions

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Fractured_Raptor #1 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 17:03

Captain

• -Players-
  • 31540 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER
Am I the only one who's a little upset that a light tank is given the task to destroy the tracks of three different tanks and the team has to do five hundred damage to one of them while tracked? That's more of a medium tank thing. So instead of doing the job you're supposed to do you have to camp and try to get the mission done. I've been trying to do it in my T92 and HWK 30 but it's been no dice so far, not willing to grind out a different light just to get missions done. The class isn't one I enjoy playing. Any tips or advice on how I can do it with those two? Yes, I've tried slinging HE in my HWK 30. I aim for the tracks but it's hit or miss whether they go down or not. 

ckupf #2 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 17:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 17514 battles
T92 isn't a bad choice, but french tracked LTs are best for this since they have autoloaders. Pretty sure I did this in my AMX 13 90. The trick is either get their side and put one through the first or last roller, or you just have to put in two shots straight on due to the lower caliber.

Zup77 #3 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 18:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 57802 battles
The French line is best as it really does help if you have an autoloader to so you can do a second track as soon as they repair.

Insanefriend #4 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 19:36

Major

• Players
  • 54034 battles
This isn't so hard to do, wait till about halfway through a match then move in to support what is left on your team.  Just go for track shots and profit.

8_Hussars #5 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 19:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 63409 battles
The track plus damage shot is the holy grail of WoT.  If that tool is not used significantly a player leaves lots of assisted (damage) and wins on the table. 

Be aware of the Module damage a tank has available (Hint its related to Gun Caliber), and pick track targets that your module alpha works better against (e.g. not Tier 10 heavies).  
Hwk 20  - 122 Module Damage
T-92 - 105 Module Damage

Tier 8 tracks have 200ish Module HP so its going to take 2 shots to get them tracked unless the track is already damaged.

Like all missions they require many attempts and a player has to get a little lucky.  A higher alpha LT or lower tier targets will help with completion.  A rigid tank selection will work against completion.

Auto-loaders and the T49 Derp are recommended.

Consider the Type 64 and/or T71 DA  (both have the same Module damage as the T92) but will face lower tier tanks making the mission easier.  It will still need a fair amount of luck especially if a player does not often focus on track shots or play meds/lights well. 

Edited by 8_Hussars, Nov 22 2020 - 19:37.

Jaguarz #6 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 19:45

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7316 battles
"Easiest" to do this with is the t49 152, you can blow the tracks off anything, even around corners if you aim at the ground.

ThePigSheFlies #7 Posted Nov 22 2020 - 22:26

Major

• Players
  • 82740 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostFractured_Raptor, on Nov 22 2020 - 11:03, said:

Am I the only one who's a little upset that a light tank is given the task to destroy the tracks of three different tanks and the team has to do five hundred damage to one of them while tracked? 

I'm sure you're not alone.  As for me, none of the LT missions really struck me as overly difficult years ago all the way through the Obj 260 sets.  T54LTWT had the ability to do this easily enough back when it was a tier 8.

The personal missions implied intent was to get players to expand their game play outside of what they tend to focus on and even grind or free xp to tanks that can do personal missions reasonably efficiently.  As for the intent of the mission in question, there are a crapton of garbage maps where LTs aren't able to play as a "spotter" per se' and they must adopt a combat role and even must work with their team by tracking a tank bearing down upon them in a garbage funnel if they want to survive.

Wargaming thinks this is fun.  It's not.  

Anyway, that's also what orders are for if you struggle and lost patience.  I used a couple to get my Obj 260 years ago.  I skipped TD 15.4 as I exceeded the requirements in tier 9s even like the Waffle PZ4 before I had it active, but missed by 46 hps in the grille.  I also skipped a couple of the HT missions.

Fractured_Raptor #8 Posted Nov 23 2020 - 01:58

Captain

• -Players-
  • 31540 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

View Post8_Hussars, on Nov 22 2020 - 13:36, said:

The track plus damage shot is the holy grail of WoT.  If that tool is not used significantly a player leaves lots of assisted (damage) and wins on the table. 

Be aware of the Module damage a tank has available (Hint its related to Gun Caliber), and pick track targets that your module alpha works better against (e.g. not Tier 10 heavies).  
Hwk 20  - 122 Module Damage
T-92 - 105 Module Damage

Tier 8 tracks have 200ish Module HP so its going to take 2 shots to get them tracked unless the track is already damaged.

Like all missions they require many attempts and a player has to get a little lucky.  A higher alpha LT or lower tier targets will help with completion.  A rigid tank selection will work against completion.

Auto-loaders and the T49 Derp are recommended.

Consider the Type 64 and/or T71 DA  (both have the same Module damage as the T92) but will face lower tier tanks making the mission easier.  It will still need a fair amount of luck especially if a player does not often focus on track shots or play meds/lights well. 

I have a 71 in my garage still so I'll give it a shot, thank you. That is assuming I can't get it done in the eights that I have. 

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Nov 22 2020 - 16:26, said:

I'm sure you're not alone.  As for me, none of the LT missions really struck me as overly difficult years ago all the way through the Obj 260 sets.  T54LTWT had the ability to do this easily enough back when it was a tier 8.

The personal missions implied intent was to get players to expand their game play outside of what they tend to focus on and even grind or free xp to tanks that can do personal missions reasonably efficiently.  As for the intent of the mission in question, there are a crapton of garbage maps where LTs aren't able to play as a "spotter" per se' and they must adopt a combat role and even must work with their team by tracking a tank bearing down upon them in a garbage funnel if they want to survive.

Wargaming thinks this is fun.  It's not.  

Anyway, that's also what orders are for if you struggle and lost patience.  I used a couple to get my Obj 260 years ago.  I skipped TD 15.4 as I exceeded the requirements in tier 9s even like the Waffle PZ4 before I had it active, but missed by 46 hps in the grille.  I also skipped a couple of the HT missions.

I'm down to the last arty mission and the light tank missions from where I talked about forward. Heavy, meadium, and destroyer has been done for ages. Did them just by playing. 

slavsickle #9 Posted Nov 23 2020 - 14:48

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4156 battles
  • [RS] RS

Campaign missions breed the most selfish and inconsiderate players. Ever since I started playing on PC, the amount of toxic gameplay I see due to these missions is incredible, in addition to the natural level of toxicity of this game. 

I also started doing this, throwing games or ignoring teammates just to get a mission done. Good job wargaming.

Insanefriend #10 Posted Nov 23 2020 - 15:33

Major

• Players
  • 54034 battles

View Postslavsickle, on Nov 23 2020 - 07:48, said:

Campaign missions breed the most selfish and inconsiderate players. Ever since I started playing on PC, the amount of toxic gameplay I see due to these missions is incredible, in addition to the natural level of toxicity of this game. 

I also started doing this, throwing games or ignoring teammates just to get a mission done. Good job wargaming.

Complains about problem, then adds to it.  You know rather then act like everyone else why not act better then them?  Personally, I've never had to throw a match to get a mission completed.  Just like I've never had to be selfish in battle to get one completed.  There are only a few that encourage bad gameplay, like the ramming ones.

I think part of the problem is people have different ideas about what is the correct action in a battle.  I had a battle this weekend that had two teammates blame me for their death.  When really they decided the best play was to try to kill two enemy tanks on the other side of cover that had two STRV 103b behind them.  They each just ran in one at a time and it was somehow my fault they thought it was a good play.

View PostFractured_Raptor, on Nov 22 2020 - 18:58, said:

I have a 71 in my garage still so I'll give it a shot, thank you. That is assuming I can't get it done in the eights that I have. 

Hey if your still stuck on the track and have allies do damage mission let me know.  We can platoon up and use the cheat that is teamwork to knock it out fast.

ThePigSheFlies #11 Posted Nov 23 2020 - 16:04

Major

• Players
  • 82740 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View Postslavsickle, on Nov 23 2020 - 08:48, said:

not sure you quantify what promotes selfish play over something else.  fact is that most people feel they are not in control of winning over the short term, and realistically the only single thing that can possibly be quantified as team play is getting the win bonus of a x2/x3/x5.  sprinkle a dose of most of the players also not having a clue on how to positively contribute to a win and yes, you get people playing selfishly for all sorts of reasons, ranging from personal missions to damage farming for 3 marks to even credit grinds.

the fact of the matter is, random games are just random and on a short term level are in fact basically meaningless.  expecting more is having unrealistic expectations.

the problem is that there isn't really a competitive outlet here on NA since league play was removed, so you just have vicious circles of people expecting what isn't possible and getting frustrated when they get what is inevitable (a crapshow)

meat_cigar #12 Posted Nov 23 2020 - 20:16

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 35665 battles
what someone else said - use the t49

killerman1997 #13 Posted Nov 23 2020 - 20:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34237 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

I just worked on the Union-4 for the 279e and it is to block an average of 8 rounds over 5 battles.

I just had to track case-mate TD's and force them to shoot my side even though i could kill them, i just kept tracking them.

That right there i can imagine caused them to rage, When i ran out of standard rounds and spend 50k on premium ammo to keep a poor guy tracked to farm his shots....

These missions only add toxicity to the game. period.

(edit) Video of toxic play

Spoiler

Edited by killerman1997, Nov 23 2020 - 20:56.

coconut2011 #14 Posted Nov 24 2020 - 00:29

Major

• Players
  • 74306 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

I got the Union-4 done using KV-5.  This tank is the best because of the preferred MM.  Defender is not that great because people just f*ck off rather than even trying to hit the tank.  Getting into tier 10 matches with Defender is also bad.

260 missions can be done by just regular playing.  I did not even recall the mission OP mentioned because it was probably just done easily / naturally.  Tracking is really just a regular part of light tank game play to get more assists, annoying enemy players.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users