Why do people get so upset at bad players?

bad players salt rage chat toxicity

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

rustyJunk #41 Posted Nov 26 2020 - 22:21

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6241 battles
  • [CAPAC] CAPAC

View PostBacillus27, on Nov 26 2020 - 15:18, said:

Vote with your time and wallet.  If WG cant address it, play something else and dont spend a single dime on this game. 

Meh, I prefer to make the game what *** I *** want it to be.  I pay zero attention to win conditions, even in matches like one I just had less than one hour ago in my Jagdpanther where I killed all 10 enemies myself.

Inflammatory #42 Posted Nov 26 2020 - 23:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 2653 battles
  • [VGASR] VGASR

The thing I notice most when other players are talking smack or berating other players is that the particular player is already dead.  They like to rush in, get killed, then blame everyone else because they died.

Had one yesterday where a player was really talking down to our three medium tanks (I was one) declaring us as being worthless.  I noted in the lineup that he was indeed already dead.  After the game I looked in the team stats and saw he was an arty.  Now how an arty died early on being way in the back is beyond me.

Cupujoe #43 Posted Nov 26 2020 - 23:45

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11 battles

View PostrustyJunk, on Nov 26 2020 - 22:21, said:

Meh, I prefer to make the game what *** I *** want it to be.  I pay zero attention to win conditions, even in matches like one I just had less than one hour ago in my Jagdpanther where I killed all 10 enemies myself.

There's a replay I'd like to see. Loved the JagP.

rustyJunk #44 Posted Nov 26 2020 - 23:48

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6241 battles
  • [CAPAC] CAPAC

View PostCupujoe, on Nov 26 2020 - 16:45, said:

There's a replay I'd like to see. Loved the JagP.

I don't save them, this is all I have - from sharing it with my clan:

rustyJunk (3:17:41 PM) Victory!Map: MurovankaVehicles: JagdpantherExp: 9,217 (x4 for the first victory each day) Credits: 40,229Progression Points received: 7Battle achievements: Top Gun, Pascucci's Medal, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"Reserve Stock received: 4,023MoE: 33.97% (+2.44%) CMD: 2 419Repairs: -4 997 Ammunition: -14 420 Total: 20 812 WN8: 6 051 (100)

ErnieWrecker #45 Posted Nov 27 2020 - 00:18

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12522 battles
  • [AVNGE] AVNGE

View Post_VIBECHECK_, on Nov 26 2020 - 18:44, said:

I work in an ER for 12 hours then come home and play better than you ever have so maybe it's more about inherent talent than whatever scapegoat excuse you have for being bad

Listen to this guy, "inherent talent". Time for a reality check.

The only embarrassing thing here is you believing in your mind that having almost 6.4k battles(excluding any Strongholds/events participation) in 4 months time gives your claims some kind of validity. It generally equates to playing for well over several hours each & every day assuming an average of 10 minutes per match. The math doesn't lie and just confirms my point that you're one of those individuals that invests an obsessive amount of time playing the game and doing little else, and then tries to make themselves out to be a "Mr. WoT Natural" here.

So you're either a zombie at work(hopefully only janitorial) or do next to nothing except play WoT on your days off. Fine with me, but don't come here and try to claim the above quoted nonsense. Any fool who's played the game enough could start a new account and yield a similarly unimpressive record.

candymonster1953 #46 Posted Nov 28 2020 - 04:58

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6836 battles
  • [FINES] FINES
it gets frustating when a match seems won but the bad player throws because he cant use wasd or lmb 

Clappage #47 Posted Nov 28 2020 - 05:07

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15813 battles
  • [YOKAI] YOKAI

View PostRed_Iike_Roses, on Nov 26 2020 - 01:34, said:

Aighty, basically my question is this; 

why do people get mad enough at bad players that they feel the need to berate them and call them awful things in chat. 

I legitimately do not understand this. 

These people have no idea who's sitting behind the computer at the other end. Not everyone CAN become a unicum. Some people genuinely are learning disabled, have bad reflexes, don't have the time to sit down and study an online game, have terrible internet/a terrible computer, or simply don't care and want to have a little fun. 

They're called random battles for a reason; you get random teammates. If your teammate is awful and feeds the enemy a win, you get fed a win 50% of the time when they're on the other team. 

Genuinely, what is the mindset of this kind of behavior? I don't get it ;-;

(basis for this post is seeing some guy go off on a random in game, calling this poor dude all sorts of terrible things. t'is a game, a free one, my friends...)

My best answer for this, is when you get to that point (of being good enough to see the mistakes everyone makes that costs them the game) in your WOT career, you'll understand why.

Brynar #48 Posted Nov 28 2020 - 18:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16712 battles
  • [XFBI] XFBI

View PostPipinghot, on Nov 26 2020 - 08:09, said:

Now here's something that may not be obvious to you if you don't use XVM to see the skill colors of the players, it comes a lot more from from red/yellow/green players. Why? Because the blue & purple players are usually too busy staying alive and winning the battle to bother with harassing their teammates. Good players don't earn high win rates by spending their time arguing with their teammates, they have better things to do. It's more noticeable when it comes from good players, because there's a tendency for people to care more when a good player does it, but just in terms of the raw numbers there is a lot more angry spewing from bad & average players than from good ones.

Doesn't exactly make blue/purple players saints. I only get berated after battles by blue & purple players.

Memnoch1 #49 Posted Nov 28 2020 - 18:24

Captain

• Players
  • 42337 battles
  • [P-IMP] P-IMP
I blame WG 90% because of the way they setup the game and the things they have introduced over the years to make it worse and the other 10% is due to bad players being beyond bad. 

Blackstone #50 Posted Nov 28 2020 - 18:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 27291 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostDooshCanoe_, on Nov 27 2020 - 23:07, said:

My best answer for this, is when you get to that point (of being good enough to see the mistakes everyone makes that costs them the game) in your WOT career, you'll understand why.

100% THIS.

The 5 Truths I've found for myself in WoT are right in my sig.

1LT_Dwayne #51 Posted Nov 28 2020 - 19:12

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5766 battles

View PostSavage__Apples, on Nov 28 2020 - 18:24, said:

I blame WG 90% because of the way they setup the game and the things they have introduced over the years to make it worse and the other 10% is due to bad players being beyond bad. 

I think this is true. If you takes all the factors that can make a player good or bad(player skills, knowledge, crews, premium rounds, consumables, equipment, stock or upgraded tanks, bad or good RNG, and others I don't remember now) it makes the gap from the worst players to the best players really high. Not to mention this game is very high in term of strategy. This is not crossout. When you are new and you experience bad RNG and you don't really know much of the game it is very frustrating for both good or bad players. Then you have this +-2 matchmaking that in my opinion is not good either. This is like going from very easy mode to very hard just randomly.

omi5cron #52 Posted Nov 28 2020 - 19:46

Major

• Players
  • 30513 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ
i blame bad players for not carrying me to my deserved wins!!!

virus_SHAME #53 Posted Nov 28 2020 - 19:50

Major

• Players
  • 8479 battles
  • [GSKYO] GSKYO
I used to get like that. Calling people names and harassing them for playing bad. But it didn’t fix anything and it just made me look like a jerk. Probably raised my blood pressure too. Def made me angrier for no reason.

Now when I encounter somet bad play, I just roll my eyes. It is what it is to me. And I try my best to win still. If our heavy wants to camp base no amount of insulting and harassing is going to change their mind.

Praematura #54 Posted Nov 28 2020 - 20:12

Captain

• Players
  • 55705 battles
Yea bad to berate bad players because you don’t know what limitations they have. I should know because I’m in pain 24/7. That being said I quit this hame because knowing that I failed to control my comments as the example I set was not good.. It drives me crazy if you don’t do your job and the team suffers. It’s a video game, it’s poor sportsmanship on my part, etc, etc but I simply can’t rise above as some other do that I envy.

Edited by Praematura, Nov 28 2020 - 20:13.

MissCreant #55 Posted Nov 28 2020 - 20:19

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10304 battles
  • [TINDR] TINDR

View PostPraematura, on Nov 28 2020 - 20:12, said:

Yea bad to berate bad players because you don’t know what limitations they have. I should know because I’m in pain 24/7. That being said I quit this hame because knowing that I failed to control my comments as the example I set was not good.. It drives me crazy if you don’t do your job and the team suffers. It’s a video game, it’s poor sportsmanship on my part, etc, etc but I simply can’t rise above as some other do that I envy.

I understand this.  I really do.

However, I have a hard time believing 75% of the population suffers crippling medical conditions or has severe learning disabilities or whatnot.  This is why it seems I am so cruel sometimes because I just start assuming people are lying or exaggerating. I just start assuming people just don't care about getting better (which is rude in a PvP game) and/or just lazy and/or doesn't have enough working brain cells to learn anything (NOT a learning disability).  I imagine this is why these legitimate reason permabads are given a hard time.

Edited by MissCreant, Nov 28 2020 - 20:21.

Veracks #56 Posted Nov 28 2020 - 20:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27011 battles
  • [FNION] FNION

I think a careful distinction needs to be made here about what exactly a "bad" player is. I rarely see players who are bad in the sense that they can't aim and hit the enemy. Instead, the major issue seems to be that the vast bulk of bad players are totally incapable of reading their map and having spatial awareness. I have seen far too many games lost because someone literally sat there staring into the void even though the enemy is directly behind them, and they only "wake up" when the enemy blasts them in the rear. One would think the loud beeping and flashing the minimap does when an enemy appears would cue them in.

There's also the matter of map awareness (a long lost art, I know) and understanding the mindset of the enemy (AKA "now if I were a TD, where would I hide" ). These skills however are not expected of the average player, but I'd appreciate it if people worked on them.

Jaguarz #57 Posted Nov 28 2020 - 20:20

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8078 battles
Because people are competitive, and at the heart of the matter, animals, along with all the traits that go with them including aggression and stupidity. Personally this game turns me into a raging moron far more often than it should and in real life Im a perfectly reasonable person, I rescue disabled animals, Im a great guy but it doesnt stop me being a complete butthole, you can ask my wife....

Prosqtor #58 Posted Nov 28 2020 - 20:42

Major

• Players
  • 72037 battles
  • [T-N-T] T-N-T
I am not defending this, but it is frustrating to not get support for a winning move because the teammate does not recognize the winning move.  

1LT_Dwayne #59 Posted Nov 28 2020 - 20:46

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5766 battles
Its so funny when someone comes with the statement "its just a game". Yeah exactly it's a game so you don't have to play it lol.

2MOEJOE #60 Posted Nov 28 2020 - 22:33

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6826 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC
I suppose  its maddening for some players how selfish people are that they can't grasp the simple concepts of this game.Its funny how some posters s÷×t on green players as the offenders when over half the player base is garbage not even yellow or 50% in high tier tanks.

Also tagged with bad, players, salt, rage, chat, toxicity

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users