Jump to content


Winter Advent Calendar 2020!


  • Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Pony_Plop #41 Posted Dec 20 2020 - 12:27

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 15318 battles
  • 17
  • [TL-DR] TL-DR
  • Member since:
    01-05-2020
15% discount on 1 year premium account (20,400 gold)... what a total joke, completely out of touch company =/

Sapper_USMC #42 Posted Dec 21 2020 - 02:17

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 65046 battles
  • 73
  • [XRIPX] XRIPX
  • Member since:
    03-26-2011

View Postc6h12o6super3, on Dec 17 2020 - 15:30, said:

Today's tank is one of the "rare" tanks that you could only have gotten before now by purchasing last year's Holiday Ops large boxes. So that means the other prem heavy will be made available and that in next year's Holiday Ops we will see current promos released in like-manner.

Come on WG... most of us don't care about these heavies. We want the Type 59 and other rarer tanks which were removed from further sales due to special conditions. We want the game-breaking stuff!

Type 59 is not a game-breaking tank. Besides, it is the original premium and right now I'm in agreement with WG not to put it out there for everyone. Needs to be rare and special for a while longer for those of us from the beginning. It's like when they offered the Thunderbolt after giving it to veterans ... takes the privilege away by doing that. With that being said, I'm rather disappointed there was no tank today. I'm still hoping to see the Progetto 46 come up.



blznguns #43 Posted Dec 21 2020 - 02:19

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 58639 battles
  • 54
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
  • Member since:
    08-21-2011
Last year's Premium time offer was a 50% discount.  I grabbed it then.  Would have signed up for another year again with that kind of discount, but this discount isn't enough to entice me.  Not saying that as a complaint or with bitterness; just saying it's not quite good enough for me to value it more than 20,400 gold or $81 dollars.  I only grab year long commitment at 50% off however, because if it's more than that, I'll be more targeted with my premium time, and wait to play by buying a month of premium time when some event is happening I plan on investing time in.

Ironclad73 #44 Posted Dec 21 2020 - 02:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 26748 battles
  • 3,907
  • [DHO6] DHO6
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014
I gave some thought to the year's premium time but then I remembered that crew 2.0 may be coming soon and I'm not buying any huge amount of premium time until I see how that pans out.  May cause me to want to take a long break.

MightyBarbarian #45 Posted Dec 21 2020 - 05:31

    Captain

  • Players
  • 42831 battles
  • 1,491
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011

View Postblznguns, on Dec 20 2020 - 20:19, said:

Last year's Premium time offer was a 50% discount.  I grabbed it then.  Would have signed up for another year again with that kind of discount, but this discount isn't enough to entice me.  Not saying that as a complaint or with bitterness; just saying it's not quite good enough for me to value it more than 20,400 gold or $81 dollars.  I only grab year long commitment at 50% off however, because if it's more than that, I'll be more targeted with my premium time, and wait to play by buying a month of premium time when some event is happening I plan on investing time in.

 

So you're too cheap to pay 81$ / 12 = 6,75$ a month to enjoy a premium time all year? LOL



To_The_Knees_Deers #46 Posted Dec 22 2020 - 16:48

    Private

  • Players
  • 2729 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    11-26-2020
...USA community is so small)) we have here only 3 pages during all event. On RU page of the game there are already 270 pages of discussian))

Beckers4 #47 Posted Dec 24 2020 - 21:42

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 13449 battles
  • 403
  • [_1ST_] _1ST_
  • Member since:
    12-18-2012
WG has a really poor business sense, the advent calendar for tanks is great except they can lose money on it. Alot of folks may not have the funds the day a tank pops up they would like and would buy later if made available. Or in my case I don't to buy one because I don't know what's around the corner. I would have bought the LT 432 but waited (not that I really needed it anyway). Now WG should make a day like on New Years where for that day only all the Advent tanks from earlier can be purchased.

yruputin #48 Posted Dec 25 2020 - 04:22

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 36986 battles
  • 876
  • [HOR] HOR
  • Member since:
    03-08-2016

View PostSapper_USMC, on Dec 21 2020 - 02:17, said:

Type 59 is not a game-breaking tank. Besides, it is the original premium and right now I'm in agreement with WG not to put it out there for everyone. Needs to be rare and special for a while longer for those of us from the beginning. It's like when they offered the Thunderbolt after giving it to veterans ... takes the privilege away by doing that. With that being said, I'm rather disappointed there was no tank today. I'm still hoping to see the Progetto 46 come up.

THE PROGETTO SHOULD BE A RARE TANK! not available to any person below my status. Gee are we smug?



To_The_Knees_Deers #49 Posted Dec 25 2020 - 07:24

    Private

  • Players
  • 2729 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    11-26-2020
Prepare money for 703 -2 

Cloud_1 #50 Posted Dec 25 2020 - 14:36

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 39772 battles
  • 202
  • [S0R] S0R
  • Member since:
    04-05-2014

View PostTo_The_Knees_Deers, on Dec 25 2020 - 01:24, said:

Prepare money for 703 -2 

So it seems that WGNA is either mindless or powerless to prevent playerbase meltdown.If you are going to do an advent calendar, with every vehicle available for gold..except the last( which happens to be in last years loot boxes) your in for a rough ride. A lot of players including myself were waiting for what came on Christmas Day to spend our gold, instead you mock us with a tank a lot of people would have gladly used their gold to get.  I imagine you guys would love to wake up on Christmas morning to find a credit card bill due immediately in your stocking! Wake up, this was a terribad move on your part and really destroys the community sentiments for you. Now if you wanted to make it right you would enable the gold purchase of this tank. Also I would note I haven't heard of anyone getting this tank through the Holiday Ops 2020 loot boxes, anyone know different?

Respectfully

 



urolithickitten #51 Posted Dec 25 2020 - 15:03

    Private

  • Players
  • 4803 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    03-12-2014

cant even buy the 703 for gold?? why war gaming.



alejandrozapataq #52 Posted Dec 25 2020 - 15:31

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22391 battles
  • 17
  • Member since:
    09-24-2011

View PostCloud_1, on Dec 25 2020 - 14:36, said:

So it seems that WGNA is either mindless or powerless to prevent playerbase meltdown.If you are going to do an advent calendar, with every vehicle available for gold..except the last( which happens to be in last years loot boxes) your in for a rough ride. A lot of players including myself were waiting for what came on Christmas Day to spend our gold, instead you mock us with a tank a lot of people would have gladly used their gold to get.  I imagine you guys would love to wake up on Christmas morning to find a credit card bill due immediately in your stocking! Wake up, this was a terribad move on your part and really destroys the community sentiments for you. Now if you wanted to make it right you would enable the gold purchase of this tank. Also I would note I haven't heard of anyone getting this tank through the Holiday Ops 2020 loot boxes, anyone know different?

Respectfully

 

i didnt buy the ts5 at the beigining because of this, great wg you ruined my day, at least in the game



Zr4torK #53 Posted Dec 25 2020 - 15:58

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 16259 battles
  • 17
  • [WN] WN
  • Member since:
    03-12-2014

Seriously, the 703-II available ONLY for money...I was hype to get this tank since i heard it was going to be in the advant calendar, and saved enought gold.from the lootboxes to buy it.. 

And now, on Christmas day, instead of giving us a cool gift with a noce tank we can buy for gold, you sell us a tank that we can only buy by getting our credit cards out??

 

What is the point of selling us gold if we can't use it in what we want, especially for a Christmas day..!

I already spend almost 100$+  on lootboxes, not gonna spend another 50 for a single tank, screw it, keeping my money!

That ane the stupid EBR really pissing me off today..!

 

 



Clownbeard #54 Posted Dec 25 2020 - 16:00

    Private

  • Players
  • 11443 battles
  • 5
  • [DNGR] DNGR
  • Member since:
    11-17-2013

Really disappointed in the last tank available. Not only can you not buy it for gold, it was in last years Holiday Ops as well. Wanted something new. Hell, I would have loved the aufklärungspanzer panther that was teased a couple of months before this event. At least it would have been a "new" tank. Would have been an auto buy for me. 

 

For me, another soviet heavy tank is not interesting, even with a second barrel. Wont be wasting my money on it. 


Edited by Clownbeard, Dec 25 2020 - 16:01.


Mamba_Lev_06 #55 Posted Dec 25 2020 - 16:44

    Captain

  • Players
  • 19294 battles
  • 1,086
  • [L0ST] L0ST
  • Member since:
    07-18-2015

Sigh...
The last tank is, frankly speaking, just plain gross for me.

 

I don't generally play heavies and seeing a heavy tank with game-breaking alpha damage, based on an idea that real-world engineers flushed down the toilet, doesn't make it me want to reach for my wallet: It makes me want to play even less than I do now. If Wargaming really wanted to make serious Advent money, they should have stuck to things that were still game-breaking, but not so much so that the pieces landed a mile from the impact crater.

 

They should have showed us all a little respect and sold the barrasque instead of sticking it into their lottery boxes. They should have given us another bite at the premium French wheelie and the Russian Turreted Skorpion. I missed out on the LT-432 and the AMX 13-57, and I wish that Wargaming had the sense to come up with a final repeat sale where they scheduled the whole advent calendar—dogmeat tanks and all—for twenty-five hours at the end of the month.

Whatever.

 

I bought nothing this year but a few loot boxes this year and I am regretting giving WG even that much of my money.

Someone in their marketing department could use a good talking to on their way to collecting a shiny new unemployment check.


Edited by Mamba_Lev_06, Dec 25 2020 - 16:52.


conscript900 #56 Posted Dec 25 2020 - 16:45

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 10120 battles
  • 11
  • [A-R] A-R
  • Member since:
    11-05-2011
I specifically waited and saved my gold JUST for the chance of getting the 703 2..... And you guys made it the ONLYF [edited]TANK TO NOT BE BUYABLE BY GOLD. I could of [edited]bought a skorpion or something. Thanks for the extra christmans "cheer" guys... You guys really have got to change the way advents are done so people arnt waiting with excitement only to get [edited]screwed at the last minitue. maybe list only the price range as a preview to the tank. or perhaps on new years day only you bring all the tanks back out for people to make there last choice on what there will be. but getting screwed at the last minute after wating excitedly the WHOLE way through only to see the tank you want 100% out of your reach because reasons... 

mit771_1409 #57 Posted Dec 25 2020 - 17:48

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 17041 battles
  • 40
  • [1409] 1409
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

WG, I don't usually criticize your money making tactics. Its a business, I get it, you are here to make money, but THIS 703 II "Real money only" thing is insane.

This is a Dirty, dirty move. This tank was teased and leaked, and you knew all too well the community was wanting this tank, and you chose to do this and not accept our gold for it.

 

As someone who spent $300 on loot boxes(and still didn't get Bisonte) and had saved gold for the advent calendar, I am firstly disappointed by most of the offers. There were some good ones, like the LT 432, but overall, it was underwhelming. I did buy a few tanks for gold, but a lot were just plain bad and available all the time.

I saved lots of gold for this tank. I have wanted this tank for a year.

And now you tell me my $300 wasn't enough, you want me to spend another $60 to get this tank? This is insane and a slap in the face to your loyal player base, the people who keep you in business, and you cant just sell us some pixels for our already large investment into the game?  Now I have still about 40k gold sitting around and nothing worth it to spend on. 

 

This is a shady, disgusting, and outright underhanded business practice. I URGE you to do the right thing and make this tank available for gold. I'd pay an easy 15,000 gold for this, but that apparently isn't good enough for you... its truly outrageous. 



SleeperAssasssin #58 Posted Dec 25 2020 - 17:50

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15162 battles
  • 119
  • [BADWG] BADWG
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012
Wow way to make it so the only good tank in the 25 days is on the last one and we cant use any of the money from the hundred boxes or more you made us open to get the good new tanks. MAJOR MONEY GRAB merry Christmas everyone, give us your money.

SleeperAssasssin #59 Posted Dec 25 2020 - 17:54

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15162 battles
  • 119
  • [BADWG] BADWG
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View Postmit771_1409, on Dec 25 2020 - 17:48, said:

WG, I don't usually criticize your money making tactics. Its a business, I get it, you are here to make money, but THIS 703 II "Real money only" thing is insane.

This is a Dirty, dirty move. This tank was teased and leaked, and you knew all too well the community was wanting this tank, and you chose to do this and not accept our gold for it.

 

As someone who spent $300 on loot boxes(and still didn't get Bisonte) and had saved gold for the advent calendar, I am firstly disappointed by most of the offers. There were some good ones, like the LT 432, but overall, it was underwhelming. I did buy a few tanks for gold, but a lot were just plain bad and available all the time.

I saved lots of gold for this tank. I have wanted this tank for a year.

And now you tell me my $300 wasn't enough, you want me to spend another $60 to get this tank? This is insane and a slap in the face to your loyal player base, the people who keep you in business, and you cant just sell us some pixels for our already large investment into the game?  Now I have still about 40k gold sitting around and nothing worth it to spend on. 

 

This is a shady, disgusting, and outright underhanded business practice. I URGE you to do the right thing and make this tank available for gold. I'd pay an easy 15,000 gold for this, but that apparently isn't good enough for you... its truly outrageous. 

you mean you didn't wanna spend all that money/gold on a tank you already had with a Black paint job? WG has had some pretty terrible decisions on monetization, but they apparently learned nothing from the IS-3A problem other than it makes them a lot of money. I usually stay quite, but I'm in the same boat as you and I am not happy with WG.  Now I had all that gold and nothing to spend it on since they also don't put any of the good premiums purchasable for gold on a normal basis.

Feels like a middle finger and slap in the face from WG for Christmas.



SleeperAssasssin #60 Posted Dec 25 2020 - 17:57

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15162 battles
  • 119
  • [BADWG] BADWG
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View Postalejandrozapataq, on Dec 25 2020 - 15:31, said:

i didnt buy the ts5 at the beigining because of this, great wg you ruined my day, at least in the game

Exactly, it makes me feel like they did it on purpose because they knew people were waiting to get it and now we are all stuck with a lot of gold and nothing from the entire advent calendar while they laugh to the bank with the money.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users