Leave the crew system alone and fix your MM first!

Crew system Matchmaking MM

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Flakker2 #1 Posted Dec 15 2020 - 22:23

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 61798 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

With all this talk about Crew 2.0, how about we leave Crew 1.0 as it is with some minor tweaks (free Sixth sense for all crew). Instead, lets redesign the matchmaking system so that it actually makes a difference in the user experience.

How about we call it MM 2.0? Who is with me?

/raises torches and pitchforks

_Tsavo_ #2 Posted Dec 15 2020 - 22:41

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 50101 battles
How and with what aim? 

coconut2011 #3 Posted Dec 15 2020 - 22:44

Major

• Players
  • 76615 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

It should be: don't touch crew and MM.

Add more unique 3D styles if you really want money.

xXTheGameAceXx #4 Posted Dec 15 2020 - 22:58

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16540 battles
  • [_WOO_] _WOO_
Literally fix anything instead of changing the crew system. Heck, the RNG system they said was crap and then just reneged on could use it. Or how about focusing on better maps?

GeorgePreddy #5 Posted Dec 15 2020 - 23:10

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

MM is the best it's ever been right now.

There are issues with changing the tier structure further, and SBMM is a terrible idea.

So, other than those 2 things which are very unlikely to be changed... what is it you want done to MM ??

low_bidder #6 Posted Dec 15 2020 - 23:49

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 32651 battles
There is no need to change the crew.

corrado14 #7 Posted Dec 15 2020 - 23:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 78977 battles
Keep your filthy paws off my crews WG!

ExploratorOne #8 Posted Dec 16 2020 - 00:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19426 battles
  • [LOU1] LOU1
Managing crews is one of the interesting challenges in the game for me.  The system adds another set of goals to the game beyond grinding or gettin' good.  The current crew system is fine the way it is.

GeoMonster #9 Posted Dec 16 2020 - 00:05

Captain

• -Players-
  • 42464 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Dec 15 2020 - 16:10, said:

MM is the best it's ever been right now.

There are issues with changing the tier structure further, and SBMM is a terrible idea.

So, other than those 2 things which are very unlikely to be changed... what is it you want done to MM ??

I guess for someone like yourself that loves to low tier seal club in platoons so that they can brag about an 81% win rate would say that MM is the best that it has ever been.  Why would you want it changed to not allow MM to be taken advantage of?

Mankoi #10 Posted Dec 16 2020 - 00:19

Captain

• Players
  • 54285 battles
  • [ELLAS] ELLAS

To have a MM to work as intended we need far more population in this server , in the EU server things are way much better.

agree that such a big change to the Crews seems frightening , but we can adapt ,

Why fear some change , lets look at it in the sandbox first

drgnrdr6 #11 Posted Dec 16 2020 - 00:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33372 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX

View PostMankoi, on Dec 16 2020 - 00:19, said:

To have a MM to work as intended we need far more population in this server , in the EU server things are way much better.

agree that such a big change to the Crews seems frightening , but we can adapt ,

Why fear some change , lets look at it in the sandbox first

I agree with the first part yes higher population is needed. But if you look at the rest of the changes coming it is not just

1 or 2 things it is a whole effn freight train of things. the HE changes and yeah right HE spam obviously they dont see the

premium ammo spam. The RAPE of arty again. So many changes due to all the cry babies against ARTY because they 

CANNOT figure out how to play ARTY safe. Got to cater to the cry babies. Hell I have been playing for 9 years and have

figured it out but that's due to playing arty. Also the crew changes why is it needed. crews are not broken there are other

things needed before the crew changes. Yes adapt but not at the cost of screwing over the player base. AW did same and 

lost a load of players. 

WG QUIT CATERING TO THE CRY BABIES AND TO THE BIG CLANS BECAUSE THE DON'T LIKE A CLASS OF VEHICLES

THAT OTHERS DO LIKE AND DO PLAY. WE WORKED FOR THOSE VEHICLES AND NOW YOU ARE GUTTING THEM AND 

WITH THE SEIGE MODE WE WON'T EVEN BE ABLE TO DEFEND OURSELVES.

Edited by drgnrdr6, Dec 16 2020 - 00:48.

NeatoMan #12 Posted Dec 16 2020 - 01:00

Major

• Players
  • 30975 battles
  • [ROXY] ROXY

View Postdrgnrdr6, on Dec 15 2020 - 18:47, said:

I agree with the first part yes higher population is needed. But if you look at the rest of the changes coming it is not just

1 or 2 things it is a whole effn freight train of things. the HE changes and yeah right HE spam obviously they dont see the

premium ammo spam. The RAPE of arty again. So many changes due to all the cry babies against ARTY because they 

CANNOT figure out how to play ARTY safe. Got to cater to the cry babies. Hell I have been playing for 9 years and have

figured it out but that's due to playing arty. Also the crew changes why is it needed. crews are not broken there are other

things needed before the crew changes. Yes adapt but not at the cost of screwing over the player base. AW did same and 

lost a load of players. 

WG QUIT CATERING TO THE CRY BABIES AND TO THE BIG CLANS BECAUSE THE DON'T LIKE A CLASS OF VEHICLES

THAT OTHERS DO LIKE AND DO PLAY. WE WORKED FOR THOSE VEHICLES AND NOW YOU ARE GUTTING THEM AND 

because WG realizes that those change will actually do something, as opposed to the complaints about the MM.  No amount of tweaking of the MM can fix the pool of players that supply it.

_Tsavo_ #13 Posted Dec 16 2020 - 01:03

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 50101 battles

View Postdrgnrdr6, on Dec 15 2020 - 18:47, said:

lost a load of players. 

There's is no such thing as arty safe. 

Nonamanadus #14 Posted Dec 16 2020 - 01:12

Major

• Players
  • 37010 battles
  • [HBG] HBG

Leave the crews alone, your going to have your hands full with the arty situation. How many years have the developers been working on "balancing arty" out? Now you want to mess with something that's not broken?

drgnrdr6 #15 Posted Dec 16 2020 - 01:16

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33372 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX

View PostNeatoMan, on Dec 16 2020 - 01:00, said:

because WG realizes that those change will actually do something, as opposed to the complaints about the MM.  No amount of tweaking of the MM can fix the pool of players that supply it.

View Post_Tsavo_, on Dec 16 2020 - 01:03, said:

There's is no such thing as arty safe. 

OK neato first those changes will only make people mad due to the fact that WG is messing with things

people have spent real money on. Also messing with things they have spent hours of game play credits

and real money researching thru ie ARTY and crews.

And tsavo 

According to you there is no such thing as "ARTY SAFE" yet I see it all the time when I play arty. It is a 

matter of knowing maps and being aware of your surroundings every map has ARTY safe areas. And with 

49,188 battles you should know them by now. Otherwise you are not paying attention to surroundings. By

the way a couple of the changes to ARTY will make it even less ARTY safe for you if you fail to learn. 

GeoMonster #16 Posted Dec 16 2020 - 01:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 42464 battles

View PostNeatoMan, on Dec 15 2020 - 18:00, said:

And no amount of tweaking of the MM can fix my flat tire.  BUT, MM can be tweaked to provide better battles.

spud_tuber #17 Posted Dec 16 2020 - 01:34

Major

• Players
  • 66542 battles

View PostGeoMonster, on Dec 15 2020 - 18:24, said:

And no amount of tweaking of the MM can fix my flat tire.  BUT, MM can be tweaked to provide better battles.

Better in what way?

What is given up in the process?

How large will the impacts be?

Will the benefits be worth the downsides and development time?

I'm guessing WG asks themselves these questions, and generally comes up with a "no" for the 4th.  Frankly, based on what evidence Neatoman and others have been able to provide, I can understand WG's answer.  If perhaps you think their answer is wrong, you could demonstrate why, with evidence beyond your opinions/feels as to why.

_Tsavo_ #18 Posted Dec 16 2020 - 01:37

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 50101 battles

View Postdrgnrdr6, on Dec 15 2020 - 19:16, said:

OK neato first those changes will only make people mad due to the fact that WG is messing with things

people have spent real money on. Also messing with things they have spent hours of game play credits

and real money researching thru ie ARTY and crews.

And tsavo 

According to you there is no such thing as "ARTY SAFE" yet I see it all the time when I play arty. It is a 

matter of knowing maps and being aware of your surroundings every map has ARTY safe areas. And with 

49,188 battles you should know them by now. Otherwise you are not paying attention to surroundings. By

the way a couple of the changes to ARTY will make it even less ARTY safe for you if you fail to learn. 

I fail to learn?  Kid, I've forgotten more about tanks than you'll ever learn 

drgnrdr6 #19 Posted Dec 16 2020 - 02:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33372 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX

View Post_Tsavo_, on Dec 16 2020 - 01:37, said:

I fail to learn?  Kid, I've forgotten more about tanks than you'll ever learn 

I never said you failed to learn if you read what is said correctly you would see that i said you didn't 

pay attention.

And i was quite civil in my reply to you so why did you need to reply like the UNITURD YOU ARE.

OR JUST ANOTHER UNCIVILIZED IDIOT

AND BY THE WAY I AIN'T YOUR EFFN KID BOY!

Edited by drgnrdr6, Dec 16 2020 - 02:05.

Nuggets_7 #20 Posted Dec 16 2020 - 02:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23058 battles
  • [PIXL-] PIXL-

View PostFlakker2, on Dec 15 2020 - 15:23, said:

With all this talk about Crew 2.0, how about we leave Crew 1.0 as it is with some minor tweaks (free Sixth sense for all crew). Instead, lets redesign the matchmaking system so that it actually makes a difference in the user experience.

How about we call it MM 2.0? Who is with me?

/raises torches and pitchforks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users