Gold Throwing ******

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

Ots090 #1 Posted Dec 27 2020 - 20:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2760 battles

I'm kind of interested in this for a number of reasons. I think I know what the underlying mindset may represent, but I'm not sure.

I created an account six years ago but just recently started playing the game (1000 random battles). So I want to set up my tank and equipment to provide for success on the battlefield if I do the right things.

But there appears to be something associated with using more costly rounds in the game that generates criticism. The game has made these rounds available for any player's use, so why the criticism? Is it perceived as some sort of unearned advantage? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

bad_73 #2 Posted Dec 27 2020 - 20:51

Captain

• -Players-
  • 1576 battles
Cus its basically a cheat that wg sells for money while making you think its not a money commodity tho you need to buy gold to make credits to afford to sling premium rounds.

Snakefinder #3 Posted Dec 27 2020 - 20:52

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2779 battles
  • [_RUF_] _RUF_
Just one more thing for whiners to whine about......

_Tsavo_ #4 Posted Dec 27 2020 - 20:55

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 50044 battles

Why do peeps complain about gold?   

My take:

1.) players make the mistake of relying on armor, rather than using it as a safety net

2.) players look for excuses for their crap play (if X wasn't shooting gold, I'd have won, etc) 

3.) players go back to when gold shells were only for gold, this gold today must be for people who pay only

4.) general butthurt players looking to validate their hurtbutt and gold is an easy scapegoat  

Projectile_Misfired #5 Posted Dec 27 2020 - 21:01

Major

• Players
  • 39469 battles

OP, you fire whatever type of ammo you want to. You earned, or paid for, those Credits required to purchase Premium ammo, so if you feel you need/want to use them, that's your call.

If someone gets mad at you for it, thank them for the extra HP in damage and continue on with your gaming day.

ZYKLOP_ #6 Posted Dec 27 2020 - 21:04

Captain

• Players
  • 29716 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

There is nothing wrong with using gold/premium/service rounds.

I load nothing else. Every round I shoot is a gold/premium/service round. They are a part of the game and are another consumable like Food, Large Repair and Large Med kits.

They are nothing more than a piece of equipment like Vents, Rammer and Gun Laying Drive.

You are playing for your pleasure and enjoyment.

Do not let some pretentious [edited] tell you that you have to conduct yourself according to some imagined reality that they would dictate to you.

EDIT - and I forgot to mention (as Suicidal Enemy's post reminded me) I have more credits than I can use.

Edited by ZYKLOP_, Dec 27 2020 - 23:42.

ArmorStorm #7 Posted Dec 27 2020 - 21:30

Major

• Players
  • 40860 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View Postbad_73, on Dec 27 2020 - 13:51, said:

Cus its basically a cheat that wg sells for money while making you think its not a money commodity tho you need to buy gold to make credits to afford to sling premium rounds.

Lol, maybe you do.  The rest of us budget our credits. 

Grugbug #8 Posted Dec 27 2020 - 21:43

Captain

• Players
  • 26699 battles
  • [EGHO] EGHO

View PostZYKLOP_, on Dec 27 2020 - 15:04, said:

There is nothing wrong with using gold/premium/service rounds.

I load nothing else. Every round I shoot is a gold/premium/service round. They are a part of the game and are another consumable like Food, Large Repair and Large Med kits.

They are nothing more than a piece of equipment like Vents, Rammer and Gun Laying Drive.

You are playing for your pleasure and enjoyment.

Do not let some pretentious [edited] tell you that you have to conduct yourself according to some imagined reality that they would dictate to you.

Sandor_steel #9 Posted Dec 27 2020 - 21:49

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6017 battles

View PostOts090, on Dec 27 2020 - 20:48, said:

I'm kind of interested in this for a number of reasons. I think I know what the underlying mindset may represent, but I'm not sure.

I created an account six years ago but just recently started playing the game (1000 random battles). So I want to set up my tank and equipment to provide for success on the battlefield if I do the right things.

But there appears to be something associated with using more costly rounds in the game that generates criticism. The game has made these rounds available for any player's use, so why the criticism? Is it perceived as some sort of unearned advantage? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

People get their ego's bent when they get beaten by players they think they are better than. The truth is you are a fool if you don't use every in game advantage to set the other players on fire. The Salty anger from these people is to be enjoyed.

Suicidal_Enemy #10 Posted Dec 27 2020 - 22:52

Major

• Players
  • 51422 battles
  • [2M8TA] 2M8TA
I use them because I have more credits than I'll ever spend.

Ironclad73 #11 Posted Dec 27 2020 - 23:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 26386 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6
Using premium ammo is no different than using food or buying equipment.  If I'm 2 tiers down I'm going to use it, if I'm in a tank with poor pen and up against heavily armored tanks you can bet the "2" button is going to get pressed. Ignore those who whine about it.

Markd73 #12 Posted Dec 27 2020 - 23:42

Major

• Players
  • 36671 battles
  • [2M8TA] 2M8TA

View Postbad_73, on Dec 27 2020 - 19:51, said:

Yet anyone can earn these same credits on a free to play account and grinding these credits in a tier 5-6 tank.

So how is this a cheat again, by your logic?

ZYKLOP_ #13 Posted Dec 27 2020 - 23:43

Captain

• Players
  • 29716 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostMarkd73, on Dec 28 2020 - 10:42, said:

Yet anyone can earn these same credits on a free to play account and grinding these credits in a tier 5-6 tank.

So how is this a cheat again, by your logic?

I read it as a 'cheat' by Wargamming to get us to use them and then need to spend money to get the credits to use more.

Which, if you think about it, is probably right. When it was a gold round, only those with disposable income would use them. Hence the anti-elitist sentiment. Now that they are for credits everyone can use them and I would guess that most do. Hence the user base has expanded.

Markd73 #14 Posted Dec 29 2020 - 01:34

Major

• Players
  • 36671 battles
  • [2M8TA] 2M8TA

View PostZYKLOP_, on Dec 27 2020 - 22:43, said:

I read it as a 'cheat' by Wargamming to get us to use them and then need to spend money to get the credits to use more.

Which, if you think about it, is probably right. When it was a gold round, only those with disposable income would use them. Hence the anti-elitist sentiment. Now that they are for credits everyone can use them and I would guess that most do. Hence the user base has expanded.

Yet anyone can earn those same credits by simply grinding tier 5-6 tanks on a free to play account without spending a cent.

Still trying to find the logic in your argument.

MissCreant #15 Posted Dec 29 2020 - 15:40

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10409 battles
  • [TINDR] TINDR

View PostOts090, on Dec 27 2020 - 20:48, said:

Using a Newcomer example, I notice that Matilda, German CharB2, Valentine, P2J etc etc players seem to get upset when I shoot them with gold in my Pz38(t).  I wonder why that is?

Seriously, I understand.  You bring out a tank that you think has actual armor...it may not move fast...it might have a puny gun but at least it can bounce shots!  Then the enemy just presses '2' and your armor is no more and you are left with only slow speed, puny gun etc.  It just feels unfair.  Where is the '2' button for a heavy tank to move fast like a medium?

It's just frustration.  It's also why faster mediums are more popular. 

It would be...interesting...if WGing introduced "Premium Armor" that you could attach to your tank pre-battle that would negate all premium ammo into regular ammo. :);)

Brynar #16 Posted Dec 29 2020 - 20:39

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17386 battles
  • [XFBI] XFBI
You can pad your stats by flinging excessive amounts of premium rounds. It can also make you seem like a better (more skilled) player than you actually are because it eliminates the skills of better aim and the notion when to use the "2-key". The padders like to claim everyone can use it, because there is no stat that tracks the use and abuse of it. Very convenient. There is also no downside to spamming it, except for the game economics of depleted credits. Those who have played this game for years and years have so much credits, and nothing to spend it on, that "gold" is essentially equivalent to "free". Yeah, pretty broken game mechanic.

LucasAnon #17 Posted Dec 29 2020 - 21:15

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9320 battles
  • [BABNS] BABNS

View PostBrynar, on Dec 29 2020 - 16:39, said:

You can pad your stats by flinging excessive amounts of premium rounds. It can also make you seem like a better (more skilled) player than you actually are because it eliminates the skills of better aim and the notion when to use the "2-key". The padders like to claim everyone can use it, because there is no stat that tracks the use and abuse of it. Very convenient. There is also no downside to spamming it, except for the game economics of depleted credits. Those who have played this game for years and years have so much credits, and nothing to spend it on, that "gold" is essentially equivalent to "free". Yeah, pretty broken game mechanic.

lol

BlazinTroy #18 Posted Dec 29 2020 - 21:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20121 battles
  • [LOWJO] LOWJO

View PostBrynar, on Dec 29 2020 - 13:39, said:

Found the snowflake that whines about gold ammo. Hey buddy, gold rounds have been in the game forever, if you're not using every advantage, that's on you. It's not "abuse". Do we pad our stats with equipment or consumables? lol

Brynar #19 Posted Dec 29 2020 - 23:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17386 battles
  • [XFBI] XFBI

View PostBlazinTroy, on Dec 29 2020 - 21:44, said:

Found the snowflake that whines about gold ammo. Hey buddy, gold rounds have been in the game forever, if you're not using every advantage, that's on you. It's not "abuse". Do we pad our stats with equipment or consumables? lol

It's funny the kind of trolls that climb out of the woodwork when their feelings are hurt, calling everyone a Snowflake. Who did you say was a Snowflake again? lol

I'm simply pointing out a broken game mechanic. Do you have any facts to add to the conversation or just the things trolls talk about?

Edited by Brynar, Dec 29 2020 - 23:02.

BlazinTroy #20 Posted Dec 30 2020 - 00:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20121 battles
  • [LOWJO] LOWJO

View PostBrynar, on Dec 29 2020 - 16:01, said:

It's funny the kind of trolls that climb out of the woodwork when their feelings are hurt, calling everyone a Snowflake. Who did you say was a Snowflake again? lol

I'm simply pointing out a broken game mechanic. Do you have any facts to add to the conversation or just the things trolls talk about?

Hey you're the whiner complaining about a mechanic that's simply another game feature. Fools like you like dictating to others what kosher or not but can't accept the realities of the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users